Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (25985 Views)

Benefits Of Fenugreek Tea + How To Make It With Honey (video) / 6 Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
can you add honey to tea?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hydrolysis:
but sugar is cheaper we can't do without it angry

Sugar dey kill waist o
You'd get knocked out before round one begins
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ziga: 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Anything you eat that is sweet has some form of sugar in it which could be fructose, lactose, glucose, sucrose.

And they all will increase your blood sugar depending on how much you eat. Fruits will increase your blood sugar. Some more than others.

All of our body cells need sugar to survive.

The key to success with food or anything in life is moderation. Never overindulge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by dunkem21(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
jaymejate:
My dad use to force us to take it but he will never tell us why... angry

Thank you jare

Dem ban sugar for my house ..

I use fanta drink Garri wella.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Exponental(m): 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Undiluted honey is natural while sugar is artificial. Natural things are always better than man-made.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Adieza(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ipreach: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
AngelicBeing:
I agree with the Op, I dont know when l last bought sugar in a shop or supermarket, if my memory serves me right, l have not bought sugar for the past 15 years or more, honey is the best, honey is medicinal but with the current recession in Nigeria, how many families can afford it, na wao sad

You can lie past Lie Mohammed
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by smartkester(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
i Love hornnny.. ..ohhh!! Jeezz i meant i love honey like honey honey
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by rinzylee(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
rawpadgin:
how to identify pure natural Hot :

1. it doesn't get frozen wen kept in deep freezer
2. ants doesn't crowd it wen poured on floor

Ants crowd any thing sweet.

The match stick test and inability of honey to float as well as not being able to soak a paper like oil would do are confirmatory tests for Original Honey

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Hydrolysis(m): 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
devilsdouble00:

Sugar dey kill waist o
You'd get knocked out before round one begins

but it's cheap undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Abayor7: 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
rawpadgin:

Really bro?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by AyakaDunukofia: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell!!!!

Please. Please...diabetics reading this dangerous stuff should not dare touch honey. Honey is packed with fructose. And fructose is sugar and acts in the same way as sugar inthe blood stream.

Here is what Mayo Clinic had to say about honey:

"Generally, there's no advantage to substituting honey for sugar in a diabetes eating plan. Both honey and sugar will affect your blood sugar level. Honey is sweeter than granulated sugar, so you might use a smaller amount of honey for sugar in some recipes.
Diabetes foods: Is honey a good substitute for sugar? - Mayo Clinic
www.mayoclinic.org › faq-20058487

Therefore, this is a misleading and dangerous thread. No wonder most Nigerians die of ignorance and preventable diseases.

The best subtitute to sugar in the world today with zero calories is STEVIA

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by JewelRegi(f): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pamelayoung:
Only when you use original honey which is rare to come by. Besides honey is expensive.

How much is a bottle of honey
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by RosaConsidine: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
But honey cannur work with garri and groundnut na. Infact, anything other than sugar with garrison, groundnut and cold water is a sacrilege!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by JewelRegi(f): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
ipreach:

You can lie past Lie Mohammed

Hahahahahahahahahaha
How u use know

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Pamelayoung: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
JewelRegi:

How much is a bottle of honey

Small bottle is #750 d last time I checked. Or do you have a genuine source at a cheaper rate?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by haryorolar(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honey is good but how does it become affordable? That's the challenge
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nakuza(m): 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
henrystevo11:
True.. but to get good honey is very scarce
I sales pure original honey, but in 20 liter gallons, so if you are in need of it, contact me @08165360685.The source of the honey is Taraba state.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Jig5aw(f): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
First point is a Lie.
dammy13:
Sugar came in the middle of the night, chased away honey and became king in the morning. A classic case of usurpation. Today, it is so many people can’t do without sugar. In their morning tea, they must add several cubes of sugar.

Regardless, no matter how widely spread the use of sugar, the fact remains that it is a sweetener that cannot be compared to any other. Hence, the recommendation that you should always take sugar rather than honey.

Honey features sugar, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acid. If you have not been taking honey, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares the health benefits of taking honey. Expectedly, this will encourage taking honey more often.

Regulate blood sugar
Honey contains fructose and glucose that are needed to balance your blood sugar levels. So, the honey you take the better for your health and blood sugar. Importantly, there is no amount of honey you take that will raise your blood sugar level.

Better exercise performance
Taking honey before an exercise will ensure that you perform optimally during your workout sessions and you don’t tire out easily. At the same, if you take it at the end, you heart speed will slow down quicker and you will feel better.

Perfect for wounds and burns
This is why it is advisable for you to have honey at home. When you apply honey to an external wound and burns, it makes it dry quickly. When next you have a wound or burn, use honey for treatment.

Deal with a cough and throat irritations
Honey can also help in dealing with a cough and throat irritation. It works like magic. Few spoons of sugar can reduce or clear these annoying irritations.

Check cancer and heart disease
Like they say, prevention is better than cure. To prevent or minimise the risk of cancer, you should take honey regularly because it contains antioxidants that cushion the effects of these terminal diseases.

Lessen the risks of stomach ulcers
It is also possible to use honey to limit the risks of stomach ulcer and other bacterial stomach flu.

http://kikiotolu.com/health/reasons-replace-sugar-honey/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Ifiegboria(m): 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
rinzylee:

Ants crowd any thing sweet.

The match stick test and inability of honey to float as well as not being able to soak a paper like oil would do are confirmatory tests for Original Honey
How does one Carry out the match stick test?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nakuza(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
I sells pure original honey. Anyone in need of it can contact me @08165360685. Source Taraba state.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
`

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by lepasharon(f): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
You lot in Africa are lucky you get access to organic honey
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
henrystevo11:
True.. but to get good honey is very scarce
I sell original honey in onne ph. for any quantity you want
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Gluthatione: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nice
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Lacomb(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
twosquare:
Honey is good, but with gaari and groundnut on a sunny afternoon with cold water, ko le work...sugar lo le se grin cheesy wink

If you try honey with that garri and groundnuts, you will testify!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by awoluyi(m): 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
allrightsir:

Nigerians are prone to misinformation, we do not check things before we pass it on.

Although sugar is bad for you and honey is better, too much honey IS BAD for you.

Please stop misinforming the public!!!

http://www.findhomeremedy.com/7-adverse-effects-of-eating-too-much-honey/

(2) Increases Blood Sugar Level In Our Body

Honey is not so good for people suffering from diabetics because of the high amount of sugar present in it. Honey doesn’t contain any fiber which means Consuming honey can increase the blood sugar level of a person because the sugar present in honey get absorbed by our blood more quickly in comparison to sugar with fiber. So, if you have diabetes or if you are suffering from low blood sugar condition then you should be cautious while eating honey because the sweetness and chemical composition of honey are same as table sugar which means one should follow the same precaution while consuming honey as if he is consuming regular sugar. The maximum recommended dosage of all sugars ( whether it is from sugar, honey or processed foods) is ten tablespoons per day which mean you should watch your sugar and make sure that you are not getting more than ten tablespoons of sugar per day ( from all sources combined).

http://goodhealthall.com/risks-and-side-effects-of-eating-too-much-honey/

Honey Should Be Consumed Only in Moderation

Honey has many healthy attributes, but it is also high in fructose, averaging around 53 percent. Each teaspoon of honey has nearly four grams of fructose, which means it can exacerbate pre-existing insulin resistance and wreak havoc on your body if consumed in excess. So when consuming honey, carefully add the total grams of fructose (including fruits) that you consume each day, and stay below 25 grams of total fructose per day.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/10/20/health-benefits-honey.aspx

just google "is too much honey a bad thing"
pl
"Do you like honey? Don't eat too much of it, or it will make you sick! Proverbs 25:16." {NLT Bible}

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ajabani4allah(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honey is always an alternative and far better than sugar, though honey also contains fructose, sucrose, glucose that are present in sugar but honey in addition has so money other minerals, vitamines etc and is gotten naturally.

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR PURE AND NATURAL HONEY AT REASONABLE PRICE.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ghmnoble: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
rawpadgin:

I've been in the honey biz for years. Ants will go for anything sweet even honey in the beehives if not for 'soldier bees' that protect the colony. Also original honey will freeze if exposed to a level of high temperature for a long time. So, to all lovers of honey and those who care about their health, I always tell people to know the source of their honey which is the best way to be sure. Some terrible people mix honey wt "anything"...be warned!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by fineboy967: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks for the post.
Original (Pure) honey just gotten from the farm ( Oyo state), precisely Saki town......available for sale@ avoidable price.

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by rinzylee(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ifiegboria:

How does one Carry out the match stick test?

Dip matchstick in honey...... It will still catch fire when lit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.