Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (25984 Views)

Benefits Of Fenugreek Tea + How To Make It With Honey (video) / 6 Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by fineboy967: 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks for the post.
Original (Pure) honey just gotten from the farm ( Oyo state), precisely Saki town......available for sale@ avoidable price.

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by BoboFashion(m): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
dammy13:
Sugar came in the middle of the night, chased away honey and became king in the morning. A classic case of usurpation. Today, it is so many people can’t do without sugar. In their morning tea, they must add several cubes of sugar.

Regardless, no matter how widely spread the use of sugar, the fact remains that it is a sweetener that cannot be compared to any other. Hence, the recommendation that you should always take sugar rather than honey.

Honey features sugar, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acid. If you have not been taking honey, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares the health benefits of taking honey. Expectedly, this will encourage taking honey more often.

Regulate blood sugar
Honey contains fructose and glucose that are needed to balance your blood sugar levels. So, the honey you take the better for your health and blood sugar. Importantly, there is no amount of honey you take that will raise your blood sugar level.

Better exercise performance
Taking honey before an exercise will ensure that you perform optimally during your workout sessions and you don’t tire out easily. At the same, if you take it at the end, you heart speed will slow down quicker and you will feel better.

Perfect for wounds and burns
This is why it is advisable for you to have honey at home. When you apply honey to an external wound and burns, it makes it dry quickly. When next you have a wound or burn, use honey for treatment.

Deal with a cough and throat irritations
Honey can also help in dealing with a cough and throat irritation. It works like magic. Few spoons of sugar can reduce or clear these annoying irritations.

Check cancer and heart disease
Like they say, prevention is better than cure. To prevent or minimise the risk of cancer, you should take honey regularly because it contains antioxidants that cushion the effects of these terminal diseases.

Lessen the risks of stomach ulcers
It is also possible to use honey to limit the risks of stomach ulcer and other bacterial stomach flu.

http://kikiotolu.com/health/reasons-replace-sugar-honey/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

What of brown sugar?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Yinkay: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nicepoker:
That's why I love bee keeping. Just got stung this morning by my bee friends while visiting my apiary Lolsss..
Heard that bee sting therapy is good for some ailments...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by EagleScribes: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Original honey available.
Imported from the biggest US honey plantation under strict supervision. You can't get a better honey than it as it is tested and trusted.
Contact me via my signature to order. Delivery available nationwide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by delli(m): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
twosquare:
Honey is good, but with gaari and groundnut on a sunny afternoon with cold water, ko le work...sugar lo le se grin cheesy wink
you dey game boss
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by iRepNaija1: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Your body cannot tell the difference between processed sugar and honey. To it, it's just glucose. The best thing to do is to limit your overall intake of sugar.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by modelsms10: 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
rinzylee:

Ants crowd any thing sweet.

The match stick test and inability of honey to float as well as not being able to soak a paper like oil would do are confirmatory tests for Original Honey
wat do u mean by floating and match stick test pls
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by MegaGab: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
henrystevo11:
True.. but to get good honey is very scarce

To get good honey is truly scarce but in my area, we genuine unadulterated pure honey. You can contact me on 08170350469 if you really need it.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by bobnatlo(m): 11:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
2mission:
But how do we get real honey these days most honey being sold turns out to be mixed with sugar or something else, besides honey is too expensive compared to sugar which is easily available

There's this BeeNectar pure honey I use recently. Its locally packaged but very pure and ok to the best of my knowledge and experience. Try and see for ya sef
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by bobnatlo(m): 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
EagleScribes:
Original honey available.
Imported from the biggest US honey plantation under strict supervision. You can't get a better honey than it as it is tested and trusted.
Contact me via my signature to order. Delivery available nationwide

Guy forget that joor too expensive and too small for family use
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by bobnatlo(m): 12:00am On Mar 31, 2017
lilbest4:
can you add honey to tea?

Yes but if u ar using powdered milk make sure u put d honey last after starring the d milk properly in cold/hot water. If not d milk may coagulate
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by bobnatlo(m): 12:04am On Mar 31, 2017
ipreach:

You can lie past Lie Mohammed

They there the finish ur spleen and body system wt synthesized sugar. I can't remember wen I bought sugar as well
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nicepoker(m): 12:17am On Mar 31, 2017
Yinkay:

Heard that bee sting therapy is good for some ailments...
that's true bro
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by AngelicBeing: 1:42am On Mar 31, 2017
[s]
ipreach:

You can lie past Lie Mohammed
[/s] wink

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ipreach: 5:56am On Mar 31, 2017
bobnatlo:

They there the finish ur spleen and body system wt synthesized sugar. I can't remember wen I bought sugar as well
Kwontinue lying to yourself
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by rinzylee(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2017
modelsms10:

wat do u mean by floating and match stick test pls

Original honey would not float in water, it would sink and not dissolve.

Dip a matchstick in honey and light it, it will still burn if it is original

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by kolaish(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2017
fineboy967:
Thanks for the post.
Original (Pure) honey just gotten from the farm ( Oyo state), precisely Saki town......available for sale@ avoidable price.
where is your location precisely now?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by kolaish(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Nakuza:
I sells pure original honey. Anyone in need of it can contact me @08165360685. Source Taraba state.
where is your location precisely now?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ifyain: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2017
honey is as bad as sugar, if not worse.please avoid both if you want to live long. calorie wise honey contains more calories than sugar.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ziga: 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
AyakaDunukofia:
Lies from the pit of hell!!!!

Please. Please...diabetics reading this dangerous stuff should not dare replace sugar with honey. Honey is packed with fructose. And fructose is sugar and acts in the same way as sugar inthe blood stream.

Here is what Mayo Clinic had to say about honey:

"Generally, there's no advantage to substituting honey for sugar in a diabetes eating plan. Both honey and sugar will affect your blood sugar level. Honey is sweeter than granulated sugar, so you might use a smaller amount of honey for sugar in some recipes.
Diabetes foods: Is honey a good substitute for sugar? - Mayo Clinic
www.mayoclinic.org › faq-20058487

Therefore, this is a misleading and dangerous thread. No wonder most Nigerians die of ignorance and preventable diseases.

The best subtitute to sugar in the world today with zero calories is STEVIA

Thank you bro!!!

A lotta lies and hype!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Queenserah26(f): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice tips OP
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by juman(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
I read sometimes ago that using honey is not so better than sugar.

Beware of eating too much honey or sugar.
Obesity is bad.
Diabetes is real.
The many varieties of sickness associated with obesity should be avoided.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by EagleScribes: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
bobnatlo:

Guy forget that joor too expensive and too small for family use

Well, it's about quality and not quantity y'know.
No amount is too small or big for family use. My family can consume 5 litres within a weak.

But like I said, there is no original honey like it
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by fxpro62: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
Diabetes is a “silent killer” because its victims

often mistake its symptoms for things less serious…

Some of the most common are:

Increased Urination and Excessive Thirst
Excessive Hunger
Itchy Skin
Slow Healing, Easy Bruising
Yeast Infections
Fatigue and Irritability
Blurry Vision
Tingling and Numbness
To name a few…

Unfortunately, the symptoms aren’t the worst of it—
it’s when they go untreated that they pose serious
health problems.
With each passing day, there are more stories of
people suffering from the horrifying complications
from diabetes…

And it comes without warning…And without
discrimination of race or age…man, woman,
or child.

Thousands go blind…suffer heart attacks and
strokes…and even need their hands and feet
amputated…

…not to mention contracting other diseases like
HHNS, gastroparesis, and kidney disease.

You can stop being a Victim of Diabetes with the
100% natural cure (Permanent Cure). It is one of nature's
miracles. I personally once had
the TYPE1 but its finally gone. CALL +2348050735574

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.