Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes (37268 Views)

Five Reasons We Should Ask Questions / 10 Funny Pictures Of What Girls Should Stop In 2017 / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by CuddleMe(f): 9:27am On May 10, 2017
Snakegirl/ boy
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by karimusaa: 9:30am On May 10, 2017
Snake

1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2017
Sorry op, as a Christian the Bible clearly states that a snake is a mans aenemy and man would constantly hunt and crush its head.

This created a natural instinct for a snake to flee a human and a human to chase after it and smash its head.

So the Lord God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”
Genesis 3:14‭-‬15 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.14-15.NKJV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by AlphaStyles(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2017
so make we no kill them ba

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 9:31am On May 10, 2017
smith666999:
I wish snakes could eat mosquitoes.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by AlphaStyles(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
CuddleMe:
Snakegirl/ boy

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by popefuse(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
I would rather have one million rodent in my room than have a baby snake there

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Kelvingarcia(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2017
will lala support dis
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by CuddleMe(f): 9:35am On May 10, 2017
[quote author=AlphaStyles post=56379064][/quote] Is it not too early for this?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by daneni1(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2017
I remembered back in d day, wen we went to visit
our grand parent. One faithful morning, my mom asked me to go to d stream to fetch water. on getting to the stream, I met a guy fishing and during this period, a snake came out of no where in d stream, d guys quickly withdrew his hook in shock, after swimming(snake) for a y, it went away and d guy continued his fishing.

Me on my own part, being an innocent kid, went into the stream to fetch water and was abt climbing d step out of d river wen d snake appeared again, I was so so shock to d extend that I couldn't move any part of my body, d only thing I was doing at dat moment was to cry.

Lo and behold, maybe becus I didn't try to run or show no sign of harming it, it just went in between my two legs without harming me and swam away.

To this very day, whenever I remember such incidence I still marvelled y it never bit me.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Elfaris(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:

http://www.jidex.pro/2017/03/7-reasons-we-should-stop-killing-snakes.html
I hear 3,4,5&6 small sha.... it still doesn't mean when I see a snake tomorrow I won't defend myself or run if i can to avoid stories that touch.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Hoodfriend(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2017
Ejo
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 9:42am On May 10, 2017
tsamson:
Lalasticlala love snakes, so don't kill em
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by kirchofff(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:
Happy Birthday, Brotherly.

How the cake matter go be?
thanks bro, make i compress am send am as zip file
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by praisekeyzz(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2017
Op surely if u see a snake crawl into ur room, u'll kneel down b4 it and cry cos ur in love with it na? Lie down b4 it, sing for it, pet it with ur hands on its head. Tell it ow much u love him. #Sule#
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:43am On May 10, 2017
In western countries not in my Africa
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by obonujoker(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2017
Wetin snake go dey find for my area, if e no wan die??
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by richiepolymer(m): 9:45am On May 10, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:

In more civilized societies, there's control and people don't just kill animals for fun. In Nigeria we have not grown to that level yet. Everything is bush meat or a threat to us hence we kill without thinking of effect on the food chain.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by MightySparrow: 9:45am On May 10, 2017
Nice talk, OP how many snakes are you keeping as pets in your house?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 9:46am On May 10, 2017
Nollynude:
OP, are you a Snake?

My exact thought as well.
He or she behind that moniker wants to keep their lineage alive and kicking . if not? Snake of all animals ??! Haba!,op take am easy on us human beings . biko!
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Ekeke1(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2017
Haba mana... dnt kill snakes bt we can use dem as food?? Nigeria Senate should interpret dis... lolzz
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adecares(f): 9:47am On May 10, 2017
pls save the snake till they kill us all, seriously i don't know if the op is talking from the brain or the mouth.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Donbasi(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2017
Nice one There but i see u repeating yourself from point number 4 - 7 so ur 3 points are sound
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Austin234(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2017
Op, let me ask an honest question. Is there anything like Snake Farming?

TOmmyJidex1:

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by goodychet: 9:51am On May 10, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:

This is war against humanity in disguise. The cat can do most of these things please.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 9:55am On May 10, 2017
SO SNAKES ARE INNOCENT BUT RODENTS ARE GUILTY RIGHT?
THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PREY ON RODENTS AND INSECTS, WHAT HAPPENS TO THE LIVES OF THE RODENTS AND THE INSECTS?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by eodavids(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2017
All animals likely have some functions in balancing our eco-system.

Which animal then is worse or less beneficial to humans that deserve being killed/eaten by human?

To love animal is no crime and to make case for conservative approach to animals may be OK, but, why this OP chose snake as an "innocent animal" without making similar case for the likes of Antelope, Deer, Civet, Grasscutter, Rabbit, Buffalo, Fishes, Chicken, Goats, Cow and many others in the categories of either Domestic or Bushmeats; I mean it baffled me that OP here did not recognize known innocent animals as one but rather gave such attribute to snakes which he himself acknowledges has the potentials to cause death to Innocent Humans.

Its obvious many of the comments here by Nairalanders have taken exception to the OP's calling of snakes "innocent"

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by yemzzy22(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2017
;Dbring back our snakes oooooooooo no Bleep given sweet snakes with bitterleaf soup
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by EnkayDezign: 10:00am On May 10, 2017
I am disappointed that this post isn't from Lala himself

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by nkemjacob2(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2017
if snake bite wetin be d quick solution?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by naxman(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2017
I think you are possessed with 52 spirit of snake... Am going to help you remove 50 and the remaining 2 cherubim. dazall .... l fear snake pass Anything horrible you can think of... though av never killed one b4 bcox of the fear but if you kill big one call me for the paper soup am there. OP abeg leave that tin
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 10:04am On May 10, 2017
The only good snake is a dead one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Snake My Friend Killed In His Compound This Morning / Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos) / Picture Of A Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.