Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes (37265 Views)

Five Reasons We Should Ask Questions / 10 Funny Pictures Of What Girls Should Stop In 2017 / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Ricky247(m): 5:01pm On May 10, 2017
Op it's either you accept that you are half human, half snake or you accept my 'Thunder Fire You'!
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by OmoBety(f): 5:02pm On May 10, 2017
Good to know. But I'll still kill dem
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Ricky247(m): 5:02pm On May 10, 2017
Op it's either you accept that you are half human, half snake or you accept my 'Thunder Fire You'!

Choose one even though you deserve the two
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by deebrain(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2017
This is annoying to read.

KILL THEM ALL!!
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by TheNathan(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2017
grin uncle lala be like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Papadoh(m): 6:49pm On May 10, 2017
Lalastic's reaction when he reads this thread...

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Brytaboss: 7:13pm On May 10, 2017
daneni1:
I remembered back in d day, wen we went to visit
our grand parent. One faithful morning, my mom asked me to go to d stream to fetch water. on getting to the stream, I met a guy fishing and during this period, a snake came out of no where in d stream, d guys quickly withdrew his hook in shock, after swimming(snake) for a y, it went away and d guy continued his fishing.

Me on my own part, being an innocent kid, went into the stream to fetch water and was abt climbing d step out of d river wen d snake appeared again, I was so so shock to d extend that I couldn't move any part of my body, d only thing I was doing at dat moment was to cry.

Lo and behold, maybe becus I didn't try to run or show no sign of harming it, it just went in between my two legs without harming me and swam away.

To this very day, whenever I remember such incidence I still marveled y it never bit me.
Praissssssssssse da lorrrrrd.....
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 10, 2017
okhiai1:

Baby sharp sharp you siphon the picturefrom my post their is God oooo
Abeg o... I no know
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
What we are actually arguing is about the wanton killing of snakes in Nigeria, before you said snakes must be killed, now what type of snake did satan use? is the viper, cobra, boa, anaconda or, or the garter snake? BTW there are some snakes that are not even longer than a pen, yet is has no venom? The Bible simply said serpent, but when it said the ANCIENT serpent, that one is the devil which also means deceiver, because he deceived Eve. This does not give you the excuse to hunt snakes into extinction, they are a very important part of the ecosystem, which God himself made. Snake do not look for trouble, they like to stay out of sigh, remove thing that attract mice and rats to your house, and snakes won't come there, they are not there for you, instead they are there for those rodents the clutter and dirt you threw here and there attached. If I step on you, will you like it?

I dont know why you jump from one matter to another. I want you to quote me where i said snakes must be killed.

I said God has set the serpent against mankind, "the serpent will bruise your heels and you will crush his head." i said its an enmity created by God as a punishment for the serpents role in the Garden of Eden. It is a curse on the snake for mankind to hunt it for absolutely no reason. I quoted the Bible for you but i wonder why you wont understand.

I am a man, the curse on us is the fact that we have to suffer to make ends meet. It was also a curse for a woman to labour during birth. The serpents punishment is enmity with mankind.

A serpent is a snake, who is talking about species? Is there any specie you see on your bed that you will spare it. Mankind has no likeness for snake with venom or not. Read the bible and make meaning of it.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 9:11pm On May 10, 2017
adanny01:

I dont know why you jump from one matter to another. I want you to quote me where i said snakes must be killed.

I said God has set the serpent against mankind, "the serpent will bruise your heels and you will crush his head." i said its an enmity created by God as a punishment for the serpents role in the Garden of Eden. It is a curse on the snake for mankind to hunt it for absolutely no reason. I quoted the Bible for you but i wonder why you wont understand.

I am a man, the curse on us is the fact that we have to suffer to make ends meet. It was also a curse for a woman to labour during birth. The serpents punishment is enmity with mankind.

A serpent is a snake, who is talking about species? Is there any specie you see on your bed that you will spare it. Mankind has no likeness for snake with venom or not. Read the bible and make meaning of it.
Okay let me ask you again, which serpent was God talking to? Read that passage again, God never said snakes should be killed wantonly, much of that statement should not be taken literally.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by okhiai1(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2017
sexybbstar:

Abeg o... I no know

Na play joor no fear but na me upload am for NL

That picture cause war for my house when u upload am for FB them call family meeting up too my head just delete am before them go see am for your phone
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 10, 2017
okhiai1:

Na play joor no fear but na me upload am for NL

That picture cause war for my house when u upload am for FB them call family meeting up too my head just delete am before them go see am for your phone

Lol grin
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Boss347(m): 10:32pm On May 10, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by daneni1(m): 10:46pm On May 10, 2017
manikspears:
Maybe the snake fell in love with you
hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 7:47am On May 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Okay let me ask you again, which serpent was God talking to? Read that passage again, God never said snakes should be killed wantonly, much of that statement should not be taken literally.

I tire for you o.

According to you, verse 15 "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.” should not be taken literally.

But verse 16, "To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you” should be taken literally.

How convenient, you translate the Bible to derive only what you want and misconstrue others to mean whatever since the context does not suit you.

I believe, its not the semantics you are finding difficult to accept but the fact that you simply dont want to agree that God created enmity between two of his creatures.

For the last time i ask you, WHAT IS A SERPENT?

If you ask me which serpent God is talking about in verse 15, i can equally ask you which woman God is talking about in verse 16. What is her name? And why does every woman goes through pain of childbirth. Why is it not that woman only, like you are asking me which specie of a serpent God cursed. Haba, use your head now! I wonder the next question you will ask me. Probably, why did God not punish satan?

Modified:

See how amplified Bible puts it.

“And I will put enmity (open hostility) Between you and the woman, And between your seed (offspring) and her Seed; He shall [fatally] bruise your head, And you shall [only] bruise His heel.”
GENESIS 3:15 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/gen.3.15.AMP

Good News Translation

I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's heel.”
Genesis 3:15 GNT
http://bible.com/68/gen.3.15.GNT

The children bible, may be you will understand this one

I will make you and the woman enemies to each other. Your descendants and her descendants will be enemies. Her child will crush your head. And you will bite his heel.”
Genesis 3:15 ICB
http://bible.com/1359/gen.3.15.ICB

Mind you, some of these translations use "snake" in place of "serpent".
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 8:18am On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

I tire for you o.

According to you, verse 15 "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.” should not be taken literally.

But verse 16, "To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you” should be taken literally.

How convenient, you translate the Bible to derive only what you want and misconstrue others to mean whatever since the context does not suit you.

I believe, its not the semantics you are finding difficult to accept but the fact that you simply dont want to agree that God created enmity between two of his creatures.

For the last time i ask you, WHAT IS A SERPENT?

If you ask me which serpent God is talking about in verse 15, i can equally ask you which woman God is talking about in verse 16. What is her name? And why does every woman goes through pain of childbirth. Why is it not that woman only, like you are asking me which specie of a serpent God cursed. Haba, use your head now! I wonder the next question you will ask me. Probably, why did God not punish satan?
You dey yarn long tory, okay na go and kill every snake on the planet, in fact go to Brazil, there is an island called snake island which the Brazilian government mandated that nobody should be found there, go and start from there, when I tell you it is not literral snakes that God was talking about but about the devil himself, the original snake or serpent (serpent is another English word for snake, the french also call is SERPENT pronounced ser'pa), these small snake and the big ones too live by instinct, they do not know what they are doing, the last time I checked God does not punish people or animals that way. The seed that is mentioned here is Jesus himself, there are other instances where Jesus was refered to as seed in the bible, the bruising in the heel refers to when Jesus would be killed, but God will raise him up, which conveniently means a snake strike someone on the leg, which by simple procedures can be healed, now the snake will be struck on the head which means total destruction, if anything happens to your head and injures your brain, or you are shot in the head, you will die, in contrast to bein shot or bitten on the leg, why because it can be healed, but that same blow on the head means death. So Jesus will come back and KILL Satan the devil, He will destroy the devil and his organization once and forever, which can be likened to smashing someone's head, that person has been finished. God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth, the planet doesn't belong to you, all these yeye pastors and churches twisting the bible truth are the reasonwhy Christians are regarded as fools.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You dey yarn long tory, okay na go and kill every snake on the planet, in fact go to Brazil, there is an island called snake island which the Brazilian government mandated that nobody should be found there, go and start from there, when I tell you it is not literral snakes that God was talking about but about the devil himself, the original snake or serpent (serpent is another English word for snake, the french also call is SERPENT pronounced ser'pa), these small snake and the big ones too live by instinct, they do not know what they are doing, the last time I checked God does not punish people or animals that way.
Yet he cursed the snake, Eve And Adam.
The seed that is mentioned here is Jesus himself, Blasphemy
there are other instances where Jesus was refered to as seed in the bible, the bruising in the heel refers to when Jesus would be killed, but God will raise him up, which conveniently means a snake strike someone on the leg, which by simple procedures can be healed, now the snake will be struck on the head which means total destruction, if anything happens to your head and injures your brain, or you are shot in the head, you will die, in contrast to bein shot or bitten on the leg, why because it can be healed, but that same blow on the head means death. So Jesus will come back and KILL Satan the devil, Blasphemy He will destroy the devil and his organization once and forever, which can be likened to smashing someone's head, that person has been finished. God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth, the planet doesn't belong to you, all these yeye pastors and churches twisting the bible truth are the reasonwhy Christians are regarded as fools.

Na wa o shocked shocked shocked

You are lost in translation.

Go back to my comment you qouted, cause i modified it while you were typing rubbish. I added other versions of the Bible which you wil see that you are seriously lost it translation of the Bible.

You have committed a serious sin of blasphemy, i hope you will ask God for forgiveness. Probably you are not a Christian in the first place.

You misspelled your moniker, should have been GrandJargon
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 9:11am On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

Na wa o shocked shocked shocked

You are lost in translation.

Go back to my comment you qouted, cause i modified it while you were typing rubbish. I added other versions of the Bible which you wil see that you are seriously lost it translation of the Bible.

You have committed a serious sin of blasphemy, i hope you will ask God for forgiveness. Probably you are not a Christian in the first place.

You misspelled your moniker, should have been GrandJargon
Look at a person that calls himself a Christian, you don't even believe in Jesus, so Jesus comming back to destroy Satan and his organization is blasphemy, I am sure you don't even know what the war of Har' Mageddon is, Har'Margeddon or the war of Armageddon is the war which Jehovah will use to finish off evil and that war will be heded by his Son our lord, and savior, the one who died on the torture stake, the one who sacrifice his righteous life for our sins to be forgiven, Jesus is his name. The King of kings, the Lord of lords, the greatest man that ever walked on the surface of the earth.
I will praise him and his name whenever possible.
Now if this is blasphemy, then I am proud to be blasphemer.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Look at a person that calls himself a Christian, you don't even believe in Jesus, so Jesus comming back to destroy Satan and his organization is blasphemy, I am sure you don't even know what the war of Har' Mageddon is, Har'Margeddon or the war of Armageddon is the war which Jehovah will use to finish off evil and that war will be heded by his Son our lord, and savior, the one who died on the torture stake, the one who sacrifice his righteous life for our sins to be forgiven, Jesus is his name. The King of kings, the Lord of lords, the greatest man that ever walked on the surface of the earth.
I will praise him and his name whenever possible.
Now if this is blasphemy, then I am proud to be blasphemer.

Am at fault thinking i will make you comprehend.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Imyourex(m): 11:54am On May 11, 2017
greatnaija01:
those who give half a forck went that way >>>>>

Lemme epp yuh

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 1:02pm On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

Am at fault thinking i will make you comprehend.
Yes you are at fault because of your twisted reasoning, I am only trying to make you understand why if is wrong to kill innocent animals for sport or fun, you justify the destruction if the ecosystem using Bible passages you don't understand, the same thing slave dealers did when they used Bible passages to justify slavery, they just quote one small part and twist it to suit their evil behaviour, each animal is important no matter how dangerous they are or appear to be to humans, none of it justifies their extinction. Snakes for example keep the populations of rats and other rodents at a managable level, eliminating snakes totaly is like standing between standing dominoes that are place in a circular shape, if you push one domino it will know down the next domino an that one will knock down the next and so on an so forth until it goes round and the domino at our back will knock us down, now who did we do, is it not ourselves?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by seunfape(m): 1:39pm On May 11, 2017
Brainless guy
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Yes you are at fault because of your twisted reasoning, I am only trying to make you understand why if is wrong to kill innocent animals for sport or fun, you justify the destruction if the ecosystem using Bible passages you don't understand, the same thing slave dealers did when they used Bible passages to justify slavery, they just quote one small part and twist it to suit their evil behaviour, each animal is important no matter how dangerous they are or appear to be to humans, none of it justifies their extinction. Snakes for example keep the populations of rats and other rodents at a managable level, eliminating snakes totaly is like standing between standing dominoes that are place in a circular shape, if you push one domino it will know down the next domino an that one will knock down the next and so on an so forth until it goes round and the domino at our back will knock us down, now who did we do, is it not ourselves?

Keep blabbing, i have made my point.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 4:13pm On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

Keep blabbing, i have made my point.
your dangerous and useless point makes no sense,
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 4:29pm On May 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
your dangerous and useless point makes no sense,

I bet you, you have no idea what my point is!

The same way you have no idea what the Bible says. You suck at reading comprehension
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 5:33pm On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

The same way you have no idea what the Bible says. You suck at reading comprehension
Your point is dangerous and is against the very survival of humanity.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 6:33pm On May 12, 2017
adanny01:

pot calling kettle black, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Snake My Friend Killed In His Compound This Morning / Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos) / Picture Of A Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.