Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,322 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes (37275 Views)

Five Reasons We Should Ask Questions / 10 Funny Pictures Of What Girls Should Stop In 2017 / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 11:24am On May 10, 2017
adanny01:
Sorry op, as a Christian the Bible clearly states that a snake is a mans aenemy and man would constantly hunt and crush its head.

This created a natural instinct for a snake to flee a human and a human to chase after it and smash its head.

So the Lord God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”
Genesis 3:14‭-‬15 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.14-15.NKJV
The bible wasn't talking about literal snakes, in India a snake saved the lives of two adorable puppies by preventing them from drowning when the fell into a well, google it.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nature8(m): 11:24am On May 10, 2017
Op, you're high on something.. Mtchwwwww undecided
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 11:27am On May 10, 2017
blues20:
The only good snake is a dead one.
all snakes are good snakes, if you kill one make sure you eat it.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by bootylady101(f): 11:31am On May 10, 2017
we should also say, stop the killing of housefly or mosquitoes,

both contributes to our ecosystem,

the housefly helps determine the Time of death because they are the first to visit a corpse so with presence of maggots n pupa one can tell or guess the time of death, same with maggots used in feeding fish since maggots are high in protein and phosphorus same goes for mosquitoes they feed other aquatic insects and marine life and in turn feed the birds or other aquatic life.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Sammy07: 11:39am On May 10, 2017
very soon they'll be telling us not to kill scorpions

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by blank(f): 11:41am On May 10, 2017
We have insecticides to keep the insect population under wraps.

We also kill rats and other such rodents.

Snake is food to some animals which include humans.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by ipobbigot7: 11:44am On May 10, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:

http://www.jidex.pro/2017/03/7-reasons-we-should-stop-killing-snakes.html

Op you have hypocritically failed to tell us that your original intention for this thread is that snakes are gods worshipped in your potopoto republic.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Oseniade(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2017
If you see snake in your compound. Don't kill it just let it flex. We can do without some species mehn. Snakes and Mosquitoes fall into this category. Forget that pyramid chain stuff. Some animals have gone extinct and we are still here. Their natural predators will find something else to eat

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by AlamienDagash(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2017
THis is super story
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by hope4life: 12:00pm On May 10, 2017
Nollynude:
OP, are you a Snake?

We dey suspect you. Every serpentine spirit and promoter what are you waiting for......?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 10, 2017
I'd say Kill Them All!!! angryangry I often wish there were still Dinosaurs, they are beautiful creatures, than disgusting, poisonous snakes undecided
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 10, 2017
daneni1:
I remembered back in d day, wen we went to visit
our grand parent. One faithful morning, my mom asked me to go to d stream to fetch water. on getting to the stream, I met a guy fishing and during this period, a snake came out of no where in d stream, d guys quickly withdrew his hook in shock, after swimming(snake) for a y, it went away and d guy continued his fishing.

Me on my own part, being an innocent kid, went into the stream to fetch water and was abt climbing d step out of d river wen d snake appeared again, I was so so shock to d extend that I couldn't move any part of my body, d only thing I was doing at dat moment was to cry.

Lo and behold, maybe becus I didn't try to run or show no sign of harming it, it just went in between my two legs without harming me and swam away.

To this very day, whenever I remember such incidence I still marvelled y it never bit me.
its because u didn't attack it and you were motionless
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by prince13: 12:42pm On May 10, 2017
I WILL NEVER STOP KILLING SNAKES,I WILL CONTINUE TO KILL SNAKES UNLESS I DO NOT SET MY EYES ON THEM PERIOD.

TOmmyJidex1:

http://www.jidex.pro/2017/03/7-reasons-we-should-stop-killing-snakes.html
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by lastmaster(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2017
Jewelnutch:
Anaconda, the Movie & Snakes In The Plane caused part of this macabre situation
o boy! those movies made me hate snakes with passion
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by kechywillz(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2017
Op u lied,there are snakes that attack human,viper snakes attack without u noticing them,a large Python can strangle u and swallow u
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
The bible wasn't talking about literal snakes, in India a snake saved the lives of two adorable puppies by preventing them from drowning when the fell into a well, google it.

What was the Bible talking about?

Dont even talk about anything else because this is the kind of way people translate the Bible out of context.

Like saying Jesus didnt turn water into alcoholic wine at a ceremony. What is wine?

Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Ossaifamous(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2017
Ashleydolls:
You forgot to add once bitten by a snake, you might end up in your grave
nor mind this op, u fit leave the 1 Wey u see sha
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 10, 2017
enedoboy:
just look at urself OP.
so mean wen we see snakes we should just say "hi snaky" and walk away.

or ask d snake for direction. na wa o

.. Anything or Anybody dats a threat to my life must die first.

but wait o. r u a snake?
Then many people deserve to die cos we are overpopulating and polluting this planet with unecessary humans who are a threat by making competition and life more difficult and dangerous.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
all snakes are good snakes, i[b]f you kill one make sure you eat it[/b].
Nah, We don't do the snake thing. Not from the tribe of Lalas.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 1:45pm On May 10, 2017
adanny01:

What was the Bible talking about?

Dont even talk about anything else because this is the kind of way people translate the Bible out of context.

Like saying Jesus didnt turn water into alcoholic wine at a ceremony. What is wine?
who created snakes?accordind to the New International Version
He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. That is in Revelations 20:2
Here the bible was referring to satan himself, which of these snakes are ancient?
The simple garter snake? Which dosn't even have any venom? Satan used his power to control a snake just as a puppeteer will make a puppet sing and dance convincingly, to deceive Eve, that is why he was refered to as the ancient serpent, remember that Satan was created before any reptile was. Snakes don't chase people like lions do. If you step on one, and it bites you, blame your self because you should be careful when walking, the same way you should be when your foot strikes a lifeless stone. Keep your environment clean and free of clutter and snakes won't come there.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by xyzando: 1:59pm On May 10, 2017
As a snake myself, I couldn't have made a better plea. Many thanks for your concern about us.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by OlivetBen(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2017
Not until it show u it's pang, u won't know that it's not to be kept.
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by adanny01(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:

who created snakes?accordind to the New International Version
He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. That is in Revelations 20:2
Here the bible was referring to satan himself, which of these snakes are ancient?
The simple garter snake? Which dosn't even have any venom? Satan used his power to control a snake just as a puppeteer will make a puppet sing and dance convincingly, to deceive Eve, that is why he was refered to as the ancient serpent, remember that Satan was created before any reptile was. Snakes don't chase people like lions do. If you step on one, and it bites you, blame your self because you should be careful when walking, the same way you should be when your foot strikes a lifeless stone. Keep your environment clean and free of clutter and snakes won't come there.

Starting from bottom to top.

Even Lions dont chase people, they are scared of people even as big as they are, they have to feel threatened before they attack. We are not in their food chain so they keep their distance.

The part that i bolded carries the answer you are confused about. The Devil, Satan orchestrated the rebellion against God and God pronounced punishment on everyone involved.

To the Serpent

So the Lord God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”

To the Woman

To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you.”
Genesis 3:16 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.16.NKJV

To the Adam

Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”
Genesis 3:17‭-‬19 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.17-19.NKJV

Have you seen anything about the Devil or Satan who actually decieved them? When the Devil convince you to rape a beautiful girl you have had so much crush on, who gets punished, you or the Devil?

If you say its Satans fault, how come Adam and eve were punished? Would it be also right to say Satan is respinsible for all sins on earth?

Why would God curse the serpent more than cattle?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by salesforce: 2:38pm On May 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by merxi55(f): 2:46pm On May 10, 2017
Na wa oh.. .its easier said than done... Biko. Am not sure the same op will leave snakes dashing into his bedroom when he sleeps on a bed without it's stand. Hehehe... The kind shout I go take wake neighbors to come help me kill am ehh... No be here. grin
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by akigbemaru: 3:00pm On May 10, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by mulblizzy(f): 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
grin grin
enedoboy:
just look at urself OP. so mean wen we see snakes we should just say "hi snaky" and walk away.

but wait o. r u a snake?
grin
enedoboy:
just look at urself OP. so mean wen we see snakes we should just say "hi snaky" and walk away.

but wait o. r u a snake?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
Austin234:
Op, let me ask an honest question. Is there anything like Snake Farming?
Sure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_farm
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by GrandGarcon: 3:29pm On May 10, 2017
adanny01:

Starting from bottom to top.

Even Lions dont chase people, they are scared of people even as big as they are, they have to feel threatened before they attack. We are not in their food chain so they keep their distance.

The part that i bolded carries the answer you are confused about. The Devil, Satan orchestrated the rebellion against God and God pronounced punishment on everyone involved.

To the Serpent

To the Woman

To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you.”
Genesis 3:16 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.16.NKJV

To the Adam

Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”
Genesis 3:17‭-‬19 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/gen.3.17-19.NKJV

Have you seen anything about the Devil or Satan who actually decieved them? When the Devil convince you to rape a beautiful girl you have had so much crush on, who gets punished, you or the Devil?

If you say its Satans fault, how come Adam and eve were punished? Would it be also right to say Satan is respinsible for all sins on earth?

Why would God curse the serpent more than cattle?
What we are actually arguing is about the wanton killing of snakes in Nigeria, before you said snakes must be killed, now what type of snake did satan use? is the viper, cobra, boa, anaconda or, or the garter snake? BTW there are some snakes that are not even longer than a pen, yet is has no venom? The Bible simply said serpent, but when it said the ANCIENT serpent, that one is the devil which also means deceiver, because he deceived Eve. This does not give you the excuse to hunt snakes into extinction, they are a very important part of the ecosystem, which God himself made. Snake do not look for trouble, they like to stay out of sigh, remove thing that attract mice and rats to your house, and snakes won't come there, they are not there for you, instead they are there for those rodents the clutter and dirt you threw here and there attached. If I step on you, will you like it?
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by manikspears: 3:55pm On May 10, 2017
daneni1:
I remembered back in d day, wen we went to visit
our grand parent. One faithful morning, my mom asked me to go to d stream to fetch water. on getting to the stream, I met a guy fishing and during this period, a snake came out of no where in d stream, d guys quickly withdrew his hook in shock, after swimming(snake) for a y, it went away and d guy continued his fishing.

Me on my own part, being an innocent kid, went into the stream to fetch water and was abt climbing d step out of d river wen d snake appeared again, I was so so shock to d extend that I couldn't move any part of my body, d only thing I was doing at dat moment was to cry.

Lo and behold, maybe becus I didn't try to run or show no sign of harming it, it just went in between my two legs without harming me and swam away.

To this very day, whenever I remember such incidence I still marvelled y it never bit me.
Maybe the snake fell in love with you
Re: 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes by manikspears: 3:58pm On May 10, 2017
xyzando:
As a snake myself, I couldn't have made a better plea. Many thanks for your concern about us.
Over to you OP, the pro of the snakes has spoken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Snake My Friend Killed In His Compound This Morning / Throw Back Pic Of Tales By Moonlight. / Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.