Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

HIV Testing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Testing (2683 Views)

‘despite 9M Pregnant Nigerian Women, Only 2.4M Gets HIV Testing’ / My Experience With HIV Testing Today. / Reliability Of HIV Testing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good evening house. I had unprotected sex with a girl on Feb 28, 2017. She claims to be Hiv negative, as she had unprotected sex for​the first time in her life with another guy. she got tested some years back at 6 months, it was negative and she didn't have sex again until we met (She sincerely told me this).
The following day after we had sex, I noticed a tattoo she had. I asked her some questions and she said she bought a new needle and asked her friend to draw the tattoo for her. She drew the tattoo last year. I was really scared that I might have gotten HIV, I tested on March 21st which was the 3rd week after we had sex and it was negative. I have​ not noticed any HIV related symptoms till now, but I want to know if I carried out the HIV test at an early period as this is the 4th week and 2nd day after I had sex with her.
I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks.
Re: HIV Testing by Ashleydolls(f): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Next time learn to use protection
Re: HIV Testing by Malcolmx12: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
The window period. After you've been infected, it can take 2 weeks to 6 months for your body to start making HIV antibodies. This means that during this time you could have a negative HIV test, even though you have been infected and can spread the virus to others
Re: HIV Testing by SUPERPACK: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
okorojoe:
Good evening house. I had unprotected sex with a girl on Feb 28, 2017. She claims to be Hiv negative, as she had unprotected sex for​the first time in her life with another guy. she got tested some years back at 6 months, it was negative and she didn't have sex again until we met (She sincerely told me this).
The following day after we had sex, I noticed a tattoo she had. I asked her some questions and she said she bought a new needle and asked her friend to draw the tattoo for her. She drew the tattoo last year. I was really scared that I might have gotten HIV, I tested on March 21st which was the 3rd week after we had sex and it was negative. I have​ not noticed any HIV related symptoms till now, but I want to know if I carried out the HIV test at an early period as this is the 4th week and 2nd day after I had sex with her.
I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks.
hundred naira would have saved u frm this unnecessary panic, mean while its too early go for a test retest validity in three months time.
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Malcolmx12:
The window period. After you've been infected, it can take 2 weeks to 6 months for your body to start making HIV antibodies. This means that during this time you could have a negative HIV test, even though you have been infected and can spread the virus to others

When do you suggest I get tested again? No HIV related symptoms until now.
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
SUPERPACK:
hundred naira would have saved u frm this unnecessary panic, mean while its too early go for a test retest validity in three months time.
The previous test at March 21 (3 weeks) says negative. It's one month and 2 days. No symptoms yet
Re: HIV Testing by SUPERPACK: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
okorojoe:

The previous test at March 21 (3 weeks) says negative
it does nt matter, hiv is a trickish virus and cannot be detected always as early as 3weeks, do go back to the clinic to redo the test for confirmation.
Re: HIV Testing by Malcolmx12: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
okorojoe:

When do you suggest I get tested again? No HIV related symptoms until now.
just relax. Wait for 3 months. Don't panic
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
SUPERPACK:
it does nt matter, hiv is a trickish virus and cannot be detected always as early as 3weeks, do go back to the clinic to redo the test for confirmation.
For the mean time, I feel okay. No fever, sore throat, rash, joints pain, etc. What do you think about that?
Re: HIV Testing by CoolFreeday(m): 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
window period of HIV is 3 months, that means somebody may have contacted HIV and the virus are in the person's body but it won't show, D test result might show negative but the person have d virus.
Stop disturbing yourself, live your normal life and after 3 to 6 months,, try to run d test again.
HIV is not a death sentence so stop fretting
Re: HIV Testing by SUPERPACK: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
okorojoe:

For the mean time, I feel okay. No fever, sore throat, rash, joints pain, etc. What do you think about that?
still the same, HIV at the early stage may be asyptomatic bt that does nt mean that infection has nt taken place, just that the body is yet to notice it.
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
CoolFreeday:
window period of HIV is 3 months, that means somebody may have contacted HIV and the virus are in the person's body but it won't show, D test result might show negative but the person have d virus.
Stop disturbing yourself, live your normal life and after 3 to 6 months,, try to run d test again.
HIV is not a death sentence so stop fretting
Alright
Re: HIV Testing by SUPERPACK: 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
okorojoe:

still the same, HIV at the early stage may be asyptomatic bt that does nt mean that infection has nt taken place, just that the body is yet to notice it. do nt panic just go for a retest in 3 months time.
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
SUPERPACK:
still the same, HIV at the early stage may be asyptomatic bt that does nt mean that infection has nt taken place, just that the body is yet to notice it.
Okay. Thanks for your time
Re: HIV Testing by tpapi: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
who mostly demands of skin to skin sex, is it d guys or d ladies, click like for guys and share for d ladies
Re: HIV Testing by frankloloko: 4:44am On Mar 31, 2017

1 Like

Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
frankloloko:
guy this thing happened to me , i had cold i felt its hiv and i started googling about hiv , from that day i started having insomia to fatigue i believed i was going to die , i started posting stuffs on nairaland but no solution. now its one year i dont think i have anything like that in my body because i didnt have any sympton yet , you carry mind go do test .. i cant baba . that babe na confirm olosho . forget about her ooh
You better gather courage and go​ for test so that you no go infect another person without knowing
Re: HIV Testing by frankloloko: 12:50am On Apr 07, 2017
okorojoe:

You better gather courage and go​ for test so that you no go infect another person without knowing
shut up and die , how can u ask me to go for test. if i infect someone , nor be somebody give me ?thats if i get am i mean .lol

1 Like

Re: HIV Testing by tpapi: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2017
frankloloko:
shut up and die , how can u ask me to go for test. if i infect someone , nor be somebody give me ?thats if i get am i mean .lol
if u v d condifence dat u r sound healthwise, then y r u scared of goin for a test
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
frankloloko:
I'm just advising. Don't infect someone else , please
Re: HIV Testing by frankloloko: 1:11am On Apr 12, 2017
tpapi:
if u v d condifence dat u r sound healthwise, then y r u scared of goin for a test
waiting for rash but non yet .so i m healthy oh
Re: HIV Testing by tpapi: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2017
frankloloko:
waiting for rash but non yet .so i m healthy oh
take a bold step n do d needful so dat ur mind can b relaxed
Re: HIV Testing by asjay(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
I know you are particular about HIV but I think u should be concerned about hepatitis B and C. Considering the tattoo, hepatitis screening should be on your list .
Back to HIV......well there is this determine kit that tests within 28days of infection,u could try it but as earlier said by peeps before me,u could check again in 3months ( at least sero conversion would av occurred and d antibody to d virus can be detected)
Re: HIV Testing by frankloloko: 11:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
tpapi:
take a bold step n do d needful so dat ur mind can b relaxed
lol see you the girl i am suspecting is still living her life . healthy . i once had depression about it.
Re: HIV Testing by NnamdiChidi(m): 12:08am On Apr 13, 2017
frankloloko:
lol see you the girl i am suspecting is still living her life . healthy . i once had depression about it.
The best solution to ur problem.Let the girl be tested 4 HIV period!
Re: HIV Testing by okorojoe(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Whew! I've carried out another test. Thank God, it's negative. I'm not taking such risk again. Time to practice abstinence, as it's the best way of evading any STI/STD.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be Fat,am Too Slim / Alum / Coronavirus Reported In Lekki, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.