Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Anomalies In This Year's Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Anomalies In This Year's Jamb (291 Views)

A Lot If Candidates Will Re-write Jamb Next Year-jamb / What I Have Observed So Far In This Year's Jamb( My Self As A Case Study) / This Year's JAMB Is Very HARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anomalies In This Year's Jamb by AloyalNigerian(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2017
This year's jamb registration, no doubt, has been difficult for most candidates. I'm going to share some of the disparities I witnessed.

1. Network: Jamb's network has been terrible. This have hindered a lot of people from getting their pin. After making your payment at the accredited centre or Bank and you're unable to get your pin, it's expected to go back to where you made payment, but, they'll tell you the problem is not from them but Jamb's. And you know that without pin, your registration can't proceed. A lot of people have not gotten their pins even after a week. Some centres could not start registration early because of this same problem.

2. Queue: Mehn, the queue at all centres is more than those who come to benefit from Ekiti stomach infrastructure project. Some even spend the night at centres and some come as early as 4am. I began to wonder, when cyber cafés were allowed to do this thing, these queues weren't there. Some of the reasons Jamb's Registrar gave for this year's method was that the cyber cafés do extort candidates during registration. I think the minute extortion is far better than the hell we go through now.

3. Preferential Treatment: If you don't know anybody, you're simply OYO (On Your Own). The special candidates are bosses. They come anytime and their tutor takes them in to do their's, while some are left in the scorching sun to bake.

I think these problems are the major ones being encountered by this year candidates. You come early and go back home late without achieving anything. Although, some centres help issue by working till 12am, that's good. But, the disadvantages of this year's process far outweighs its advantages. For instance, some people have not gotten the book to be reaad in preparation for the 'Use of English' test. Some can't read anymore because they have to be at the centre everyday.

With these, I don't think the new process is good. Rather, it is doing more harm than good.

(1) (Reply)

Reading And Understanding Technique / SIWES: When Will Over-due Payment Be Disbursed And Current Students Paid? / How To Study On Cheap Tuition In Malaysia And Cost Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.