Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62210 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ryu11(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ jmslimx & Mr. Cartha

Read the article, it's a masterpiece.

14 and 17 on the list are home runs for sure.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ibro911(m): 2:04am On Dec 30, 2009
Jairzinho:

@ibro911,please advise why you have 911 on your name? Also can you please explain -  Q'uran 9:5
lol, dude,the first part of your question actually cracked me up a lot.
and @no2atheism, if that is your idea of a valid question, i shake my head in shame.
you might as well ask why the emergency police phone number in the US is 911 huh?
well, lemme be straight with you, i refer to it as nine-one-one not nine eleven.
so,
we straight?

and as for the second part of your question I think ElRazur handled it quite well wink
and no, i didnt click the link he posted. but yeah, he's sensible, to an extent lol
just kiddin el smiley.

on a more serious note, i think people should be more reasonable and people should realize that the punishment for suicide in Islam is HELL
also, it is stated in the Quran (yes, the main Quran) that killing one innocent person on purpose is like killing the whole mankind (i'm not totally sure on exactly how the verse went)
this means a suicide bomber has committed 2 major offences.
this is something that is very clear and it's also what makes me think there is more to all this than meets the eye.
ISLAM PREACHES PEACE
you should absorb that first.
There is absolutely nothing in the Quran which allows us to kill innocent people. Prophet Mohammed PBUH's last speech to his soldiers before going to war against Meccans was:
- Not to kill innocent people.
- Not to kill children.
- Not to kill women.
- Not to kill soldier without weapon.
- Not to kill enemy who runs into someone home for refuge.
- Not to harm any tree which gives fruit.

not to harm any tree which gives fruit. that's the pne that amazes me the most.can you imagine the extent these people will go to?

yes, many of the terrorist things you see in the news are related to Islam.
THAT is a problem we have to resolve together, as a nation, society, community or whatever
calling all muslims terrorists will not help matters AT ALL
this will only cause more conflict.
you should also endeavour to do some research about stuff before coming out and denouncing the religion. please

Nigerians are not terrorists!, neither ar muslims!
there are always bad eggs everywhere.
you should know that.

another thing that bugs me is the way people close their eyes at many things that happen in this world. things that cause these terrorists to act this way.(NOT that i'm in support of their reactions in anyway. but still, )
i can give a lot of examples
nobody sees what happens in guantanamo bay, iraq, afghanistan, palestine,lebanon, etc??
is the whole world that damn blind?
are you blaming the victims of all these wars,invasions and what-not for celebrating even if they hear the president of america stepped on a pin?
do you know what they have gone through?
we should also look at that.
gosh, the media can emphasize on terrorist attacks, why dont they emphasize on all that
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by HIO4: 2:24am On Dec 30, 2009
The Central Intelligence Agency and their counterpart counter-terrorism agencies cannot rationalize how they carelessly allowed a reported loon to maneuver through security with such ease.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:30am On Dec 30, 2009
ibro911:

lol, dude,the first part of your question actually cracked me up a lot.
and @no2atheism, if that is your idea of a valid question, i shake my head in shame.
you might as well ask why the emergency police phone number in the US is 911 huh?
well, lemme be straight with you, i refer to it as nine-one-one not nine eleven.
so,
we straight?

and as for the second part of your question I think ElRazur handled it quite well wink
and no, i didnt click the link he posted. but yeah, he's sensible, to an extent lol
just kiddin el smiley.

on a more serious note, i think people should be more reasonable and people should realize that the punishment for suicide in Islam is HELL
also, it is stated in the Quran (yes, the main Quran) that killing one innocent person on purpose is like killing the whole mankind (i'm not totally sure on exactly how the verse went)
this means a suicide bomber has committed 2 major offences.
this is something that is very clear and it's also what makes me think there is more to all this than meets the eye.
ISLAM PREACHES PEACE
you should absorb that first.
There is absolutely nothing in the Quran which allows us to kill innocent people. Prophet Mohammed PBUH's last speech to his soldiers before going to war against Meccans was:
- Not to kill innocent people.- Not to kill children.
- Not to kill women.
- Not to kill soldier without weapon.
- Not to kill enemy who runs into someone home for refuge.
- Not to harm any tree which gives fruit.

not to harm any tree which gives fruit. that's the pne that amazes me the most.can you imagine the extent these people will go to?

THAT is a problem we have to resolve together, as a nation, society, community or whatever
you should also endeavour to do some research about stuff before coming out and denouncing the religion. please

you should know that.

another thing that bugs me is the way people close their eyes at many things that happen in this world. things that cause these terrorists to act this way.(NOT that i'm in support of their reactions in anyway. but still, )
nobody sees what happens in guantanamo bay, iraq, afghanistan, palestine,lebanon, etc??
are you blaming the victims of all these wars,invasions and what-not for celebrating even if they hear the president of america stepped on a pin?
gosh, the media can emphasize on terrorist attacks, why dont they emphasize on all that

Oh shatap already and stop all these deceptions
Islam preaches peace my bakassi!
In the minds of these lunatics based on that quote,the infidels are not innocent
They are guilty for rejecting Islam and thereby merit what they have coming.
They are supporting killings in the Muslim world according to you folks so deserve to be killed.
Did Mohammed and Islam not divide the world into 2

1 .A land where Islam dominates which is a land of peace according to him
2. One where Islam should be established which is a land of war

Mohammed already declared war on the infidels and his slaves and foot soldiers brave enough to continue in his footsteps are doing just that.

Did the Muslim world not celebrate 9/11 on their streets?
is it not  a reality that the Muslim world ,Nigeria in particular had a boost in the no of new born babies named Osama after 9/11
Are you folks not being indoctrinated from childhood to hate Jews and Christians
Is it not in your Koran to hunt them down and kill them?
Did your allah not say you should not take them as friends
what is the opposite of a friend?

People shouldn't be deceived by these cunning Muslims that capitalize on people's ignorance.
Some of us know you all too well.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 2:33am On Dec 30, 2009
ryu11:

@ jmslimx & Mr. Cartha

Read the article, it's a masterpiece.

14 and 17 on the list are home runs for sure.

I love that article. So so sweet and sweet!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:35am On Dec 30, 2009

They said FBI and the CIA are swarming these internet sites,I hope they trail you and investigate your backside
This is the average Muslim mentality
always speaking from both sides of their mouth.
You tell us Islam forbids violence then in the same breathe you tell us the justification they have
anumpam!
All of you are murderous in nature, that is your brainwashed teaching
it's just a matter of who is brave enough to do what allah expects you all to you.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by debosky(m): 2:38am On Dec 30, 2009
The people of the Delta have gone through worse - how many people are they suicide bombing?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ibro911(m): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2009
0hsisi:

Oh shatap already and stop all these deceptions
Islam preaches peace my bakassi!
In the minds of these lunatics based on that quote,the infidels are not innocent
They are guilty for rejecting Islam and thereby merit what they have coming.
They are supporting killings in the Muslim world according to you folks so deserve to be killed.
Did Mohammed and Islam not divide the world into 2

1 .A land where Islam dominates which is a land of peace according to him
2. One where Islam should be established which is a land of war

Mohammed already declared war on the infidels and his slaves and foot soldiers brave enough to continue in his footsteps are doing just that.

Did the Muslim world not celebrate 9/11 on their streets?
is it not  a reality that the Muslim world ,Nigeria in particular had a boost in the no of new born babies named Osama after 9/11
Are you folks not being indoctrinated from childhood to hate Jews and Christians
Is it not in your Koran to hunt them down and kill them?
Did your allah not say you should not take them as friends
what is the opposite of a friend?

People shouldn't be deceived by these cunning Muslims that capitalize on people's ignorance.
Some of us know you all too well.

on contrary to the statement in your last paragragh, you actually know nothing and you actually dont reason.
your questions prove it.
i wonder how muslims are allowed to marry jews or christains but still keep them as enemies at the same time.how we are allowed to marry people we're supposed to hunt down and kill?
that's just a mere point and i'm not going to state others or go into details or an argument with you. believe what you want.
it seems like you also find it difficult to read that's why you still ask the first question you asked.
like i said, do some research before you come here and say crap.

0hsisi:

They said FBI and the CIA are swarming these internet sites,I hope they trail you and investigate your backside
This is the average Muslim mentality
always speaking from both sides of their mouth.
You tell us Islam forbids violence then in the same breathe you tell us the justification they have
anumpam!
All of you are murderous in nature, that is your brainwashed teaching
it's just a matter of who is brave enough to do what allah expects you all to you.
mehn just shut the hell up
i dont know why you always look at things from the angles you're not supposed to look at them.
stating what I stated was intended to send another message to the sensible.
if people protested against all those stuff, it'll stop or reduce people from becoming monsters and reduce or stop terrorist attacks.
that is the simple message it was supposed to send but no, your brain is too complex for that. you have to look at it, the 'complex' way.
later you wonder why some people prefer staying quiet instead of coming out to denounce these acts or whatever.
it's clearly because of people like you.
thanks for coming out and making a great example.
@ElRazur, see what i'm talking bout?

and btw, you really shouldnt bother replying again and expecting another reply from me. please.
well, other NLers can reply to your post.so,

debosky:

The people of the Delta have gone through worse - how many people are they suicide bombing?
yes, maybe because the people of Delta are smarter??
dont know why you're all just missing the point here. the last paragraph should be the least significant and it's like you're just dancing around on it and looking for ways to counter.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 30, 2009
debosky:

I guess you never heard of the tarkwa bay bombing- maybe because it was mainly Yorubas who died there?

therefore it should be ignored.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by HIO4: 5:56am On Dec 30, 2009
SMH osisi has come again with her hysterical islaphomobic hocus-pocus, seemingly forgetting forgetting that there are extremist christians too.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by backspade(m): 6:36am On Dec 30, 2009
Everyone has been talking about this nonstop, and rightfully so. Just when you think things might start to improve, something like this has to happen. I cannot WAIT until I get my US passport baby!!!! grin grin cool
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by blackspade(m): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2009
Finally my activation link showed up!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ibro911(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2009
tpia.:

I guess you never heard of the tarkwa bay bombing- maybe because it was mainly Yorubas who died there?

therefore it should be ignored.

aha! in your face debosky! lol

HIO4:

SMH osisi has come again with her hysterical islaphomobic hocus-pocus, seemingly forgetting forgetting that there are extremist christians too.
so the girl even has some anti-Islam history here.
@ohsisi
if everyone had the same mindset as you, the world will probably be in shambles now
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by haronky7: 8:31am On Dec 30, 2009
Many Nigerians are decent economic migrant driven to foreign lands to struggle and fend for themselves by these shameless oligarchs who has hijacked the country and destroyed the future of her youths. I am deeply appalled that one of the offspring of these same people has followed us out of the country not to struggle and survive on demeaning jobs but to attempt to further tarnish our image abroad, adding terrorism to the long list. I am begging the US not to release this dumb spoilt kid to Nigerian government because of diplomatic wrangling but to allow him face the full wrath of the law there, sending clear signals to our corrupt leaders on how law and order is above all. He is a dumb Terrorist who even got himself burnt, caught in the act, witnessed by many, and should be treated like his other Al Qaeda cousins- end of story. I say LET JUSTICE PREVAIL!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2009
@ Ibro Nine Uno Uno grin

Omo you may have hit the nail on the head with the first line of your sentence here. Please explain to me as to why Islam appears to have unusually high number of Violence, fear and terrorism? Could this be down to the doctrines of Islam?

I don't know about you, but a religion that have its leader and founder as a Warrior - Not just a spiritual warrior, but the one that actually fought and killed people. . . . Plus the various teachings that appears to suggest violence as a way. . . . Do you not think these may just be one of the many reasons? Just a thought.

you should know that.

Omo your statement above is not entirely correct. For the purpose of this debate, Statics shows that at least ONE [s]oh that is ignoring the bokoharam and the new sect of recent and the issue in niger delta[/s] Nigerian is a terrorist and Majority of terrorist are Muslims. You should KNOW THAT. grin

So you did the normal thing most Muslims do in a debate and try to Blame America and/or her allies? Omo, you are brain-washed. The moment you cited various places as examples without looking at the bigger picture, your point became useless.  Allow me to briefly explain.

GTB - A place where those who threatened the very thing America stands for - Peace and Liberty - are locked up. Is America right in doing so? I guess it depends on if you like your freedom or not. I like my freedom, I do not want to be forced to do things as mundane as religious belief been imposed on me.  So on the basis of my view point, America is within her right to lock these fanatics up. Is it the right thing in the moral sense? That is another debate.

Iraq: It is not an Invasion. . . .In a debate, anyone who instantly use the word "invasion" to describe the War in Iraq, it automatically explains their mind set and it is of the type I take with a pinch of salt. To cut a long story short, Iraq defied the laws several times and gave America the chance for her current state. If religion fanatics wants to use this as an excuse. . . . I wonder if they are able to cite passages in Quran to support their actions? I know the US can site various resolution for the justification of the war. . . . Can religion fanatics do the same? If the successfully cite one passage in the Quran that justifies their actions, I guess it is then safe to conclude that Islam and violence of all type goes hand in hand?

Seeing that you are a defender of Islam and a terrorist apologist, I wonder if you can help me and give me passages in Quran that supports what those use situation in Iraq to kill innocent people? [Damn. . . what a water tight argument. . . I would love to see you wriggle out of this one. grin]

And same goes for Afghan et al. Oh if I may add, the issue of Palestine have been on going before Islam came to existence and it would carry on when Alien invade earth in 2012. grin

PS
Much love. grin Just don't blow me up. wink
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ibro911(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
lol, ''uncle'' El, eat ass.

ElRazur:

@ Ibro Nine Uno Uno grin
Omo you may have hit the nail on the head with the first line of your sentence here. Please explain to me as to why Islam appears to have unusually high number of Violence, fear and terrorism? Could this be down to the doctrines of Islam?

I don't know about you, but a religion that have its leader and founder as a Warrior - Not just a spiritual warrior, but the one that actually fought and killed people. . . . Plus the various teachings that appears to suggest violence as a way. . . . Do you not think these may just be one of the many reasons? Just a thought.
No 1. why ask the same question again when it has been previously explained a million and two times. you know, El, that's what you always do.
No 2. No, Muhammad wasn't the 'founder' of Islam and yes, he actually fought wars.
Look, the Prophet lived in harsh times. when you are continuously persecuted, hunted down and driven from your own town for peacefully practising your religion and peacefully preaching and trying to invite others. you realize, fighting back is necessary.
Islam is also not a religion that considers revenge a sin. if that is what you're looking for in a religion, too bad. i am completely OK with that.
dont get me wrong, revenge is not advised at all in Islam. it is just not a sin. a good muslim repays evil with good and the reward for that is in the hereafter (as sstated in Quranic teachings)
but when someone is stepping on your toes and you tell the person he's stepping on your toes and the person says ''so what'', you can push.

there are no teachings whatsoever that 'appear' to suggest violence as a way and please if you happen to come across any of them. please quote them accordingly and enlighten us. thanks

ElRazur:

Omo your statement above is not entirely correct. For the purpose of this debate, Statics shows that at least ONE [s]oh that is ignoring the bokoharam and the new sect of recent and the issue in niger delta[/s] Nigerian is a terrorist and Majority of terrorist are Muslims. You should KNOW THAT. grin
omo.you mean, 'statistics' tongue.
and you and I and every reasonable NLer will know what my statement is aiming at. double :p

ElRazur:

GTB - A place where those who threatened the very thing America stands for - Peace and Liberty - are locked up. Is America right in doing so? I guess it depends on if you like your freedom or not. I like my freedom, I do not want to be forced to do things as mundane as religious belief been imposed on me.  So on the basis of my view point, America is within her right to lock these fanatics up. Is it the right thing in the moral sense? That is another debate.

Iraq: It is not an Invasion. . . .In a debate, anyone who instantly use the word "invasion" to describe the War in Iraq, it automatically explains their mind set and it is of the type I take with a pinch of salt. To cut a long story short, Iraq defied the laws several times and gave America the chance for her current state. If religion fanatics wants to use this as an excuse. . . . I wonder if they are able to cite passages in Quran to support their actions? I know the US can site various resolution for the justification of the war. . . . Can religion fanatics do the same? If the successfully cite one passage in the Quran that justifies their actions, I guess it is then safe to conclude that Islam and violence of all type goes hand in hand?

Seeing that you are a defender of Islam and a terrorist apologist, I wonder if you can help me and give me passages in Quran that supports what those use situation in Iraq to kill innocent people? [Damn. . . what a water tight argument. . . I would love to see you wriggle out of this one. grin]

And same goes for Afghan et al. Oh if I may add, the issue of Palestine have been on going before Islam came to existence and it would carry on when Alien invade earth in 2012. grin
well, first paragraph shows you dont know much about guantanamo bay and proves (once again) how much a media puppet you are smiley
yes, some terrorists are locked up there. but you (of all people) should know of all the atrocities that go on there.
first, have you heard of how they get the 'terrorists' they put in there?
police officers in some asian countries were paid or get paid for every 'terrorist' they hand over to the US. pretty smart huh?
we all know what happens when a bounty is placed on catching a 'terrorist' without the need of evidence.or does that need further going into?
2. prisoners have rights. and when these prisoners are denied of their rights, tortured, violated, locked up with no trials etc, i guess there's no problem there, is there?
wanna hear the best part?
the american government cannot be sued because when you try to do so, they say it does not take place on american soil (pow!)
(i'm sure the family and friends of the people that are wrongfully locked up there will love america for all these 'pleasant' things that are being done to their loved ones) smiley
these things arent just cooked up. some research wouldnt hurt.
america doesnt even deny these things.
i read a book about a German muslim that was wrongfully locked for five years in there (Murat Kurnaz-Five Years of My Life(A Prisoner in Guantanamo Bay)) you can google it.
he was eventually freed after spending 5 years there, fighting for freedom. if not for connections, he'll have rotted there (some people run mad)
just read it for a little insight on what goes on there because if I begin, i wont stop. it is utterly sorrowful.
the guy fought so hard that even one of the soldiers came to him and congratulated him for his strength and boldness.
if obtaining 'freedom' by this means is OK with you, you are the terrorist.

as for the iraqi invasion, i say you should please shut your mouth unless you know where the weapons of mass destruction are. if the loss of lives and homes and what-not of all these iraqis there dont bother you.
i say you are (again) a terrorist smiley
and sorry, which laws did the iraqis defy please?

lastly, i'm tired of hearing you say 'terrorist apologist' for the gazzilionth time. can you please define it and tell me how condoning the actions of terrorist a hundred times makes one a terrorist apologist?
mehn face it, you're pointless and just bringing up things i've explained and given reasons a million times.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
ibro911:

lol, ''uncle'' El, eat backside.
No 1. why ask the same question again when it has been previously explained a million and two times. you know, El, that's what you always do.
No 2. No, Muhammad wasn't the 'founder' of Islam and yes, he actually fought wars.
Look, the Prophet lived in harsh times. when you are continuously persecuted, hunted down and driven from your own town for peacefully practising your religion and peacefully preaching and trying to invite others. you realize, fighting back is necessary.
Islam is also not a religion that considers revenge a sin. if that is what you're looking for in a religion, too bad. i am completely OK with that.
dont get me wrong, revenge is not advised at all in Islam. it is just not a sin. a good muslim repays evil with good and the reward for that is in the hereafter (as sstated in Quranic teachings)
but when someone is stepping on your toes and you tell the person he's stepping on your toes and the person says ''so what'', you can push.

Can you answer the question I asked please. It sucks that you are shying away from the questions. undecided

From your explanations, you are saying Islam is okay with revenge and you totally agree with this? Any religion that teaches, promotes or supports the idea of revenge is not too far from violence. What ever happened to being meek, peace and walking a mile with your enemy when forced to walk a metre? I suppose Islam do not subcribe to these sort of peaceful teachings. There is no way that revenge and peace goes hand in hand, it is contradictory. You see, if Islam is apparently teaching peace but at the same time okay with the act of revenge like you have suggested, I suppose it explains the "do me I do you, god no vex" mentality in your religion?

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Islam do not see revenge as a sin, one of the many things that blights your religion. I mean, this is the same religion that is okay and cool with under age sex. AllahuAkbar. smiley

No muhammed waged war and killed, not only when he was persecuted, but when he see the need. See here:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Games-Muslims-Play.htm#selfdefense

The Truth:

In fact, self-defense is just one of several conditions under which Muslims are permitted to take the lives of others.  The myth of killing only in self-defense is easily disproved from the accounts of Muhammad’s own life as recorded in Islam’s sacred texts (with which Muslim terrorists are only too familiar).

Muhammad’s career of killing began with raids on merchant caravans traveling between Syria and Mecca.  His men would usually sneak up on unsuspecting drivers and kill those who defended their goods.  There was no self-defense involved here at all (on the part of the Muslims, at least).  This was old-fashioned armed robbery and murder – sanctioned by Allah (according to Muhammad, who also demanded a fifth of the loot for himself).

The very first battle that Muhammad fought was at Badr, when a Meccan army of 300 was sent out to protect the caravans from Muslim raids.  The Meccans did not threaten Muhammad, and (turning this Muslim myth on its ear) only fought in self-defense after they were attacked by the Muslims.  Following the battle, Muhammad established the practice of executing surrendered captives – something that would be repeated on many other occasions.

The significance of this episode can hardly be overstated, because it lies at the very beginning of the long chain of Muslim violence that eventually passed right through the heart of America on September 11th.  The early Muslims were not being threatened by those whom they attacked, and certainly not by those whom they had captured.  They staged aggressive raids to eventually provoke war, just as al-Qaeda attempts to do in our time.

Muslims try to justify Muhammad's violence by claiming that he and his followers “suffered persecution” at the hands of the Meccans in an earlier episode, in which Muhammad was evicted from the city of Mecca and had to seek refuge at Medina.  But even the worst of this persecution did not rise to the level of killing.  Nor were Muhammad and his Muslims in any danger at all in their new home of Medina.  They were free to get on with their lives.

Even Muhammad’s own men evidently questioned whether they should be pursuing and killing people who did not pose a threat to them, since it seemed to contradict earlier, more passive teachings.  To convince them, Muhammad passed along a timely revelation from Allah stating that “the persecution of Muslims is worse than slaughter [of non-Muslims]” (Sura 2:191).  This verse established the tacit principle that the authority of Muslims is of higher value even than the very lives of others.  There is no larger context of morality against which acts are judged.  All that matters is how an event impacts or benefits Muslims.

Under Muhammad, slaves and poets were executed, captives were beheaded, and adulterers were put into the ground and stoned.  None of these were done during the heat of battle or necessitated by self-defense.  To this day, Islamic law mandates death for certain crimes such as blasphemy and apostasy.

Following his death, Muhammad’s companions stormed the Christian world - taking the Middle East, North Africa and parts of Europe.  They attacked and conquered to the East as well, including Persia, Central Asia, and well into the Indian sub-continent.  Few, if any, of these campaigns involved the pretense of self-defense.  They were about Jihad.

there are no teachings whatsoever that 'appear' to suggest violence as a way and please if you happen to come across any of them. please quote them accordingly and enlighten us. thanks

Read the link above.

omo.you mean, 'statistics' tongue.

Not a good idea to pick on spelling mistakes. . . . Especially, when you are prone to them yourself. wink

and you and I and every reasonable NLer will know what my statement is aiming at. double :p
well, first paragraph shows you dont know much about guantanamo bay and proves (once again) how much a media puppet you are smiley

Do you know what Irony means? Here let me explain, you condemned me for being a media puppet, yet you went ahead an quote from the same media you accused me of. . . . OMG. Where is the logic?

yes, some terrorists are locked up there. but you (of all people) should know of all the atrocities that go on there.
first, have you heard of how they get the 'terrorists' they put in there?

It appears you know something I don't. . . Please tell me some more. I am apparently rubbish at sarcasm, but this statement is a try.

police officers in some asian countries were paid or get paid for every 'terrorist' they hand over to the US. pretty smart huh?

Surely you are STILL not quoting from the same media you accused me of being a puppet for? The joke is on you.

we all know what happens when a bounty is placed on catching a 'terrorist' without the need of evidence.or does that need further going into?

You really are the muppet now. Before bounty is issued, there are procedures, before procedures begins, evidence and connection with terrorism are taken into consideration. Please remember that before you make unfounded allegations next time.

Yes sometimes the US get things wrong, but that is not to say the system do not work.

2. prisoners have rights. and when these prisoners are denied of their rights, tortured, violated, locked up with no trials etc, i guess there's no problem there, is there?
wanna hear the best part?
the american government cannot be sued because when you try to do so, they say it does not take place on american soil (pow!)

You need some reading I swear. Do you know about security at all? Not your stand-in-front-of-the-main-gate security type and saying "Yaya ga jia sir". I am talking about national security and freedoom. Once you do, you will realise that terrorism is a threat to the very freedom of every man and as a result, conventional rules and laws sometimes do not apply. 

I noticed you mentioned POW, actually, the are more like enemy of the state as the terms POW do not apply to them.

(i'm sure the family and friends of the people that are wrongfully locked up there will love america for all these 'pleasant' things that are being done to their loved ones) smiley

You mean like the family of "adbul Osama-bin-inspired farouk"?  You damn right his family would be happy, personally, I would have sink my thumb into his eye balls and only stop until at least one pops out if I was on the plane - No joke.

Let us be honest here, the US are not silly, they just do not pick random people up. They pick up people who have dealings with terrorism, one way or the other. But sometimes, because we have a court system that relies on the weight of evidence and burden of proof, these people are let go and the US keep shut so as not to jeopardise future missions/planning/reveal secrets etc.  You see, such people can go out and say "Oh I was innocent and I am a devout Muslim and I dare the USA government to sue me." You see, things are not clear cut sometimes.

i read a book about a German muslim that was wrongfully locked for five years in there (Murat Kurnaz-Five Years of My Life(A Prisoner in Guantanamo Bay)) you can google it.
he was eventually freed after spending 5 years there, fighting for freedom. if not for connections, he'll have rotted there (some people run mad)
just read it for a little insight on what goes on there because if I begin, i wont stop. it is utterly sorrowful.
the guy fought so hard that even one of the soldiers came to him and congratulated him for his strength and boldness.
if obtaining 'freedom' by this means is OK with you, you are the terrorist.

Show me a system that works 100% and I will show you a living unicorn. And please do not say islam. Even the so called Sharia banking that was meant to be the perfect banking system [well, as touted by Muslims as such] had to be bailed out recently in dubai. You see my point is that sometimes, America get it wrong. I am bold enough to say that, I wonder how many muslims can put their hands up and admit that Islam gets it wrong?

as for the iraqi invasion, i say you should please shut your mouth unless you know where the weapons of mass destruction are. if the loss of lives and homes and what-not of all these iraqis there dont bother you.
i say you are (again) a terrorist smiley
and sorry, which laws did the iraqis defy please?

You know Saddam could have easily avoided the war instead of adding fire to the issues, just like Iran and NK are doing now.

lastly, i'm tired of hearing you say 'terrorist apologist' for the gazzilionth time. can you please define it and tell me how condoning the actions of terrorist a hundred times makes one a terrorist apologist?
mehn face it, you're pointless and just bringing up things i've explained and given reasons a million times.

You will stop being one in my eyes, once you quit saying "Oh yeah he did wrong but it is the fault of the west", once you can see that your religion produces more terror and fear than any other religion in the world etc. . . .

Make you next reply short. I am really getting bored now. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
I think I'll stick to just getting visas from now on.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tdmoggy: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
what is our personal business with guantamo bay? Is this the justification for attempting to bomb innocent people. I am appaled at you @ibro911

Oh now i get it, had the bastard idiot farouk succedded, it would have brought jutification to muslim people who are unhappy about GTB, or palistine, or Iraq isn't it.

This is the problem with islam. Just when you try to convince yourself that it is a religeon of "peace", so called peace loving muslims start to tacitly rationalize and justify suicide bombing. There is a fundamental problem with Islam and violence which we as christians need to really be wary of.

Like i said before, there are many people in MUSLIM nigeria that quitely support what this bastard tried to do, in the name of being disgruntled with the west.

Now when we travel, we will all be frisked severely, possibly including strange men and women touching our buttocks to see if we have sown explosives to our pants.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
tdmoggy:

what is our personal business with guantamo bay? Is this the justification for attempting to bomb innocent people. I am appaled at you @ibro911

Oh now i get it, had the naughty person slowpoke farouk succedded, it would have brought jutification to muslim people who are unhappy about GTB, or palistine, or Iraq isn't it.

This is the problem with islam. Just when you try to convince yourself that it is a religeon of "peace", so called peace loving muslims start to tacitly rationalize and justify suicide bombing. There is a fundamental problem with Islam and violence which we as christians need to really be wary of.

Like i said before, there are many people in MUSLIM nigeria that quitely support what this naughty person tried to do, in the name of being disgruntled with the west.

Now when we travel, we will all be frisked severely, possibly including strange men and women touching our buttocks to see if we have sown explosives to our pants.

I stopped taking you serious the moment you brought Christianity into it.

As for strange men and women frisking your buttocks, I have a feeling you appear to like it. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ibro911(m): 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
tdmoggy:

Oh now i get it, had the naughty person slowpoke farouk succedded, it would have brought jutification to muslim people who are unhappy about GTB, or palistine, or Iraq isn't it.

Like i said before, there are many people in MUSLIM nigeria that quitely support what this naughty person tried to do, in the name of being disgruntled with the west.

i wonder why most of the people that reply have problems reading through first.
i never said guantanamo bay and the wars serve as a justification for suicide bombing or terrorist activity. i was just merely stating that the masses being aware and protesting against or merely frowning at these wrongful imprisonings, wars, invasions etc will surely reduce terrorist activity, SURELY
at least let we, the masses, try to make the little impact we're capable of making and we can leave terrorist hunting to those who specialize in that aspect.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:30am On Dec 31, 2009
I see El is still writing sermons. tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:38am On Dec 31, 2009
ibro911:

on contrary to the statement in your last paragragh, you actually know nothing and you actually dont reason.
your questions prove it.
i wonder how muslims are allowed to marry jews or christains but still keep them as enemies at the same time.how we are allowed to marry people we're supposed to hunt down and kill?
that's just a mere point and i'm not going to state others or go into details or an argument with you
. believe what you want.
it seems like you also find it difficult to read that's why you still ask the first question you asked.
like i said, do some research before you come here and say crap.
mehn just shut the hell up
i

Do you really want to hear the reason?
The reason is because Islam is pre occupied with 2 things

1.Violence
2.Sex (for men )
allah and Mohammed allowed Muslim men to marry Jews and Christians  because they were allowed to obtain sexual gratification as part of the pillars of Islam,did he accord the same right to Muslim women to marry Jews and Christians?
It was not about love for Jews and Christians but all about sex.
The same reason he allowed 4 wives and temporary marriages to harlots basically for Muslim men.
Did mohammed not sleep with random women that tickled his loins?
I said sharap!
You're talking a lot of bullcrap
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:01am On Dec 31, 2009
By SIMON HUGHES
and MIKE SULLIVAN
Published: Today
A SECOND passenger jet terrorist bomb bid has been foiled, it emerged last night.
A suspect was arrested trying to board an airliner with liquid, chemicals and a syringe.

The incident echoed the Christmas Day horror in Detroit, in which Umar Abdulmutallab used a syringe to try to trigger a lethal explosion.
Abdulmutallab, 23, who studied in Britain, is linked to al-Qaeda fanatics in Yemen. The newly-disclosed second drama happened in neighbouring Somalia.

The suspect was detained at the airport in capital Mogadishu as he tried to get on a plane operated by Dubai-based Daallo Airlines. Somali officials reported that he attempted to bribe staff who intercepted him.

A security source said he had a syringe containing a green liquid, a shampoo bottle holding a black acid-like substance and a plastic bag full of a green chalky material.

Somali police spokesman Abdulahi Hassan Barise said: "We caught him red-handed. His actions were the acts of a terrorist."
A major investigation is underway into last month's terrifying incident.

Nigerian Abdulmutallab was seized after boarding a US flight in Holland and trying to ignite highly-explosive Pentrite as it landed.
American TV reported last night that US security services had intelligence warning "a Nigerian" in Yemen was planning an attack as long ago as August.
It wasn't until the failed bomb attempt by Abdulmutallab that they realised this was the man they had been warned about.
According to ABC TV, a CIA official met with the father of the alleged bomber in Lagos, Nigeria, in November after he reported the increasing radicalisation of his son.
The CIA shared the information with others in the US intelligence community but the tip-off was not acted on and Abdulmutallab was allowed to fly to the US carrying an explosive device in his underpant. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2789394/Second-liquid-bomb-jet-plot-is-foiled.html#ixzz0bEAViwB1
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Bruekeleen: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2009
BTW, how come none of the so called pastors, GOs and Prophets of dooms saw this coming?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

they allowed u back into the USA? shocked shocked shocked especially the fact u have a close resemblance to the accused lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Crazy woman. Oya add me to yahoo. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tdmoggy: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2009
AbdulMutallab: Nigerian Muslims Condemn Terrorism
From Onwuka Nzeshi, Damilola Oyedele in Abuja and Imam Imam in Kaduna, 12.31.2009

Two Islamic groups, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) and Assembly of Moslems in Nigeria (AMIN), yesterday condemned the botched attempt by a Nigerian lad, Mallam Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, to blow up a Delta Airlines aircraft in Detroit, United States on Christmas day, blaming acts of terrorism and all forms of extreme behavioural tendencies on what it described as the prevalence of injustice in various spheres of life.
The condemnation came on a day the acting Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Privatisation and Commercialisation, Hon. Abass Braimah, asked the Federal Government to institute programmes aimed at checking terrorism in the country, saying given the involvement of a Nigerian in the attempted act of terrorism, the global threat might soon creep into the country to threaten lives and property.

This is as Little Scholars Academy, the school allegedly used by Abdulmutallab to preach in Kaduna said he was there only once and not four or five times as reported in the media. The school said AbdulMutallab had requested to use its hall only for two days on October 18 and 19 last year to lecture women on prophetic medicines. A director in the school, Ustaz D. Abdul Kareem, told THISDAY yesterday that he was introduced to the suspected bomber by one Dawood at Yahaya Road mosque in Kaduna requesting the school to allow him to deliver his lecture.
A statement signed by the Secretary General of the NSCIA, Dr Abdul-Lateef Adegbite, however rejected the insinuations in some quarters linking the incident to Islam and portraying Muslims as violent people.

“Islam, as a religion of peace abhors violence and forbids extrajudicial killing of people. On our part, we would continue to pray Allah to make justice prevail everywhere in the world so as to banish one of the main causes of uncontrollable anger that tends to propel otherwise sane people to resort to violence and acts of terror,” Adegbite said in the statement.
AMIN, on its part, described the botched plane bombing as “ugly and inhuman”, insisting that such acts were alien to Islam and contrary to the laid own principles enshrined in the holy Quaran.
Chairman of AMIN, Sheik Sharif Ibrahim Saleh Alhussaini, in a statement made available to THISDAY, said suicide bombing, killing of innocent people and all other modern aspects of retaliations which consume innocent lives and destroy property under the pretext of protest against injustice were not acceptable in Islam.

This is a welcome development. Lets give credit where due. Nigerian Muslim leaders have come out in force to dissociate Nigerian muslims from terror. This is commendable.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by cold(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
[b]This is a welcome development. Lets give credit where due. Nigerian Muslim leaders have come out in force to dissociate Nigerian muslims from terror. This is commendable.

[/b]
[quote][/quote]

Is this a joke or what?Almost a week after the incident shocked It must hav taken a lot of prodding from concerned individuals that the muslim community has failed to condemn this act to prompt the clerics to release that statement.The condemnation is belated
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2009

Is this a joke or what?Almost a week after the incident shocked It must hav taken a lot of prodding from concerned individuals that the muslim community has failed to condemn this act to prompt the clerics to release that statement.The condemnation is belated

Islam and common sense just do not go together you see. smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by No2Atheism(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2009
tdmoggy:

This is a welcome development. Lets give credit where due. Nigerian Muslim leaders have come out in force to dissociate Nigerian muslims from terror. This is commendable.

Do you sincerely believe your own statement or was that meant to be a joke . . . . how much do you know about islam. . . . how much do you know about Al Taqiya

- It is naive of anybody to even think Islam and muslims would admit that islam is a cult of violence . . .of course not. What else do you expect them to say . . .

- Precendents show that True Muslims most likely to be peaceful when they are in the minority and not strong enough to pose any threat to so called unbelievers of islam. . . (remember when muslim population in west was still insignificatn, you hardly hear about islamic violence then) . . .

- Most True Muslims start showing their true nature when they start increasing in population enough to pose a threat to the so called unbelievers . . .

- Its only the twisted mind of a True Muslim that would consider it okay for them to emigrate to non-muslim countries, become accepted into those non-muslim countries by the non-muslim natives and then turn around openly claim to want to islamise the same non-muslim country against the wishes of the non-muslim natives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Is it possible that CIA and FBI intentionally allowed the Delta Airline terrorist attack to take place as a means of achieving a political aim . . .YES

- Does that mean it is possibly a false flag operation . . . YES

- Can we ever be 100% sure whether it is a false flag operation or not . . . NO

- Does that mean Umar Farouk Al-Nigiri (i.e. the nigerian muslim guy) is not a suspect . . . NO

- Do the alleged evidence against Umar Farouk Al-Nigiri look convincing or not . . . YES they look convincing.

- Are the evidences 100% full proof . . . NO

- Do you think Umar Farouk Al-Nigiri acted alone . . . NO

- Are those people who have been alleged to have committed acts of terror in recent times True muslims or not . . .Most of them are actually True Muslims following what the Quran says

- Are True muslims probably being used indirectly by the CIA to commit acts of terrorism so that the US can have an excuse to continue the so called "War on Terror" . . .YES

- Do you think those terrorists care whether they are being used or not . . . NO

- Why . . . cus sincerely speaking Islam supports what they are doing hence even if the CIA is not funding them to do it, they is very high probability that they themselves would still find another reason to commit acts of violence against non-muslims.

- How do you know that . . .just look at the examples of the religious violence that happen mostly in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
0hsisi:

Do you really want to hear the reason?
The reason is because Islam is pre occupied with 2 things

1.Violence
2.Sex (for men )
allah and Mohammed allowed Muslim men to marry Jews and Christians  because they were allowed to obtain sexual gratification as part of the pillars of Islam,did he accord the same right to Muslim women to marry Jews and Christians?
It was not about love for Jews and Christians but all about sex.
The same reason he allowed 4 wives and temporary marriages to harlots basically for Muslim men.
Did mohammed not sleep with random women that tickled his loins?
I said sharap!
You're talking a lot of bullcrap

as usual osisi is a smart cookie. Oya, 911, explain these things esp the fact that marriage to other faiths is only allowed to Muslim men and not the women

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / DSP Sagir Usman Shugaba: A Cute Nigeria Police Officer (Photos) / How Adeboye And Tinubu's Secret Meeting At Redemption Camp Was Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.