Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 (75296 Views)

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LastProphet: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D
A friend of mine just graduated from University of Michigan.
Court case and the denial of degree

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

this is the self hyping of Igbos that is killing them all over the place. how can a sane person bring up philip emiagwali who has been busted as a fraud? nothing about emiagwalis claims are true and he has been exposed long ago. who is the moderator that approved this false news?

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Ndipe(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
Not again.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LastProphet: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
Tribalism and hatred won't allow you to reason. He was a victim of racism. The whites hate seeing africans being described as more intelligent. Go to american tertiary institutions and see for yourself that nigerians are the most intelligent but the whites would rather steal their work and give to their fellow whites than to recognise african brilliance.
Emegwali's achievements pains white america till date and they are looking for a way to strip off his accolades.
Ever wondered why a nigerian student will finish with a 3rd class here only to relocate to the u.s for a second degree and come out with a first class?

ignorance is a terrible disease, i schooled abroad and pls dont say what you just said outside again. Have you heard of the black man called Ben Carson? There are countless others that have excelled academically pls. Anyway the worst thing about the whole thing is even that emiagwali never had any of the achievements he falsely credited to himself by using fake internet campaigns, and he was exposed long since 2009, am surprised anyone will bring back this lie

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame And Fortune ----> https://www.nairaland.com/534775/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-way

PS: That thread has been on nairaland since October 19th, 2010.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by mavinc4u(f): 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
LastProphet:

this is the self hyping of Igbos that is killing them all over the place. how can a sane person bring up philip emiagwali who has been busted as a fraud? nothing about emiagwalis claims are true and he has been exposed long ago. who is the moderator that approved this false news?

what is fraud there? so challenging something now means fraud? I pity you. Any way he is the brain behind the computer we use today, you can do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by suremanpatriot: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
nairalandfreak:
Kwenu
What do u mean,his only igbo by birth but ,full blooded American by orientation. Wht shaped him is American food,American medicine,water,essentially American ideologies
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
Standardcosting:
Truly Igbos are Jews. If only they would be thankful and serve God appropriately.
Abeg I no be Jew. I am igbo, an african.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LastProphet: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
well this is not a front page worthy piece. it has proven times without number that this guy is an ingenious fraud but we still gladly promote him. show me a serious IT website that told Emeagwali's story and I will take you seriously. This guy has been going up and down calling himself the father of the internet, I wonder who gave him that title.

am surprised to see a fraud like emiagwali resurrected in a large forum like nairaland
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
Fools are fighting over tribe, the wise ones are appreciating.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by kings09(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olaolulazio no go de here oo
metrosexual:
I had no doubt it would be Philip when I saw this topic on frontpage.

Igbo kwenu! (I'm not Igbo though, but I'm proud of this man, putting our name for good things worldwide)
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
Igbobia grin

Why not show us more recent news/pictures of Emeagwali?

We all know he went lowkey after he was exposed as a fraud more than a decade ago. . .
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by brightolaton(m): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
metrosexual:
I had no doubt it would be Philip when I saw this topic on frontpage.

Igbo kwenu! (I'm not Igbo though, but I'm proud of this man, putting our name for good things worldwide)

I am so proud of him. This why we should all shun ethnic bigotry and work towards progress of a united Nigeria. Igbos can always boast of great intellectuals who are indispensable for achieving Nigeria of our dream. My plea is that IGBOS should forgive and forget all past conflicts. We are always better of as one Nigeria especially if Justice prevails.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LastProphet: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
mavinc4u:

what is fraud there? so challenging something now means fraud? I pity you. Any way he is the brain behind the computer we use today, you can do the needful.

how is he the brain? said who? if u were not in primary school in 2010 u shud have known emiagwali is as fake as fake can go. he achieved nothing! nothing! he's a nobody that used the internet to generate false, i said false news about hinself. As at 1997 I was among the few that hyped him to the high heavens until the truth came out! stop thinking of hate as the only reason for correcting an erring person!

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LastProphet: 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
mavinc4u:

u can start from here

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame And Fortune ----> https://www.nairaland.com/534775/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-way

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by yom2(m): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
well this is not a front page worthy piece. it has proven times without number that this guy is an ingenious fraud but we still gladly promote him. show me a serious IT website that told Emeagwali's story and I will take you seriously. This guy has been going up and down calling himself the father of the internet, I wonder who gave him that title.
when bill clinton came to nigeria during obasanjos regime, he made reference to emeagwali when he was addresing d issue of d niger delta and d oil curse, advicing that nigerians shouid try and tap more of whats in their brain than beneath d earth. Thats when i got to know d guy for d first time. I think he deserves some accolade

3 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Chevalier(m): 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
mavinc4u:

Abeg make una see this b4 una go claim say feelips na genius!

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by EnkayDezign: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Yes. It is awarded in memory of Alan Turing who invented the enigma machine.

Awesome! I was coincidentally just watching the Imitation game movie. Thanks smiley
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by SOSnla: 12:11am On Apr 02, 2017
EnkayDezign:

Does it have anything to do with the Enigma machine?
Turing built the machine to decify enigma, leading the path way to computation, he was gay n committed suicide
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by mavinc4u(f): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2017
LastProphet:

u can start from here

nairaland link? please tell me something else. I expected to see fraud and lie on the wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by mavinc4u(f): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2017
Chevalier:
Abeg make una see this b4 una go claim say feelips na genius!

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

like seriously, saharareporters link?

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by valemtech(m): 12:42am On Apr 02, 2017
He was a visiting lecture in my school back then 2007,wen I was in school ,back then he handled nuclear physics ,I remember he had several formal which he formulated and also remember a year where all d students in department of physics all failed his course.Phillip is super intelligent d intelligent world can't be wrong also.he deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:44am On Apr 02, 2017
ERockson:
The man that was alleged to have lied his way to top. Fraud!!!!!

By Sahara Reporters and no other site.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:47am On Apr 02, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D
A friend of mine just graduated from University of Michigan.
Court case and the denial of degree

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

How does that take away from his IQ and his endeavors at super computing?

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by SalamRushdie: 1:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Another Nigerian lie just like the one that said this same man founded the internet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by haryomikun(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Phi001:

So last last Turing get prize named after him...

I watched movie about the guy mehn. I almost cry. Tears don form for eye.

I cum remember say I be man grin
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Sirambassador(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2017
He is the younger younger brother of my boss......
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Bollinger(m): 1:11am On Apr 02, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.

Meanwhile, Nigerians don't even know who Turing is. Hypocritical foools.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Bollinger(m): 1:15am On Apr 02, 2017
DollarAngel:
Philip Emeagwali has been listed as amongst the top 10 most intelligent people in the world, having the acclaimed IQ of 190.
The Best tribe in Nigeria, we are intelligent, Creative, Hardworking, Innovative and a [b]Blessing
to Nigeria
Like if you agree, Share if you are nwa afor[/b]

Lol. He said "blessing to Nigeria". Funniest thing i ever heard. Nothing is a blessing in Nigeria. You are all cursed. Prove me wrong if you disagree. The guy is a blessing to another country. Do you think he would achieve what he has if was in Nigeria? He probably would have been killed by ritualist, jungle justice, armed robbers, etc. You pick one.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by deeprinz(m): 1:20am On Apr 02, 2017
Nigerians are doing notably well in the field of science. Check out this list I stumbled upon about our great mathematicians and scientists.

Top 8 Nigerian Mathematicians You Never Knew [photos].

https://mymathware..com/2017/01/top-8-nigerian-mathematicians-you-never.html
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by FrankFrenzy(m): 1:42am On Apr 02, 2017
Built2last:
Make I no lie. I came to check names. It's usually a battle royale between Afonja a.K.a brown roof Republic versus the Flaties a.k.a Ipob...let the battle begin.

Middle belt is referee

The north are observers.

Seun has the stadium

Funny dude
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by 360command: 2:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Which are the ones which can be considered as the countries with generally low IQ population?
#10 Sudan—Average IQ 72
#9 Tanzania—Average IQ 72
#8 Ghana—Average IQ 71
#7 Nigeria—Average IQ 67
#6 Guinea—Average IQ 66
#5 Zimbabwe—Average IQ 66
#4 Democratic Republic of the Congo—Average IQ 65
#3 Sierra Leone—Average IQ 64
#2 Ethiopia—Average IQ 63
#1 Equatorial Guinea—Average IQ 59

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter / 100-Year-Old Crocodile 'King Buka' Dies In Captivity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.