Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1711084 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mustack:

The ish now is what you get after the switch and how you can cope with is what will get you going.

Warning switch to android 9 from android 8 on a3 is not a child's play..

Our very own meat pie Guinea pig...........

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Our very own meat pie Guinea pig...........

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by nongo123(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mustack:

The ish now is what you get after the switch and how you can cope with is what will get you going.

Everything looks great but the blank screen?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mustack:

You see why umidigi refuses to release OTA upgrades .......

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by CLASSMAN: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Pls I need A3 screen how do I go about getting it pls
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBigiman:

This is the problem with the third world. We feel our strength lie in being rude, uncouth, violent and abusive. One day things will be well with Nigeria, and her people will value peace, truth and quietness, and all the Umidigi A 3 pro users shouting and fighting along Oshodi and Mushin will go hoarse and give quiet a chance. Stay well

I just school you on how not to be petty, Go enjoy your S8 plus come S7 edge.

Moreover no one asked for your opinion on what the f**k you bought. Why tarnish other people's brand just to get likes and share. To me you are just like other designers who started designing Inosson Logo after Farouq was choosen, you keep looking for a bull in a Chinese shop. Like I said, earlier crawl back to hole you came from before I cast you with the swine into the sea. Well, that thinking might be far from you cus it's top of the shelf
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
generationz:

I don't think he uses that phone always. His last seen is 11.05 this morning.

Exactly.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBigiman:

This is the problem with the third world. We feel our strength lie in being rude, uncouth, violent and abusive. One day things will be well with Nigeria, and her people will value peace, truth and quietness, and all the Umidigi A 3 pro users shouting and fighting along Oshodi and Mushin will go hoarse and give quiet a chance. Stay well

Overly mature response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
Obatise:

Moreover no one asked for your opinion on what the f**k you bought. Why tarnish other people's brand just to get likes and share. To me you are just like other designers who started designing Inosson Logo after Farouq was choosen, you keep looking for a bull in a Chinese shop. Like I said, earlier crawl back to hole you came from before I cast you with the swine into the sea. Well, that thinking might be far from you cus it's top of the shelf

You didn't school anyone. Even if someone comes here to say his Umidigi device is better than a Samsung Note 10 plus, it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to insult him the way you just did. Learn to stroke people tactfully without using insulting words. Peace

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
nongo123:

Everything looks great but the blank screen?

Blank screen that have no forward ever and backward never.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You see why umidigi refuses to release OTA upgrades .......

Yes except all the factory update from 9
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by nongo123(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mustack:

Blank screen that have no forward ever and backward never.

But I hope it goes back to normal within seconds
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
ityP:

You didn't school anyone. Even if someone comes here to say his Umidigi device is better than a Samsung Note 10 plus, it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to insult him the way you just did. Learn to stroke people tactfully without using insulting words. Peace

You can't buy a bull in a Chinese shop, be guided. He can go a Samsung Thread and say that, but tarnishing a brand in its own thread with topic not related to the brand is a no no. Let's live and let others live, Peace
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by MrBigiman: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
ityP:

With peeps like you around there's a lot of hope going forward. Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by MrBigiman: 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
Obatise:

This is where real education is; passing your message without undermining the other person's opinion.

I personally bought at least 2 Umidigi devices and gifted one to a brother so I know the premise on which I stand. Not forgetting one, the best one, was also bought for me by my very kind wife. The first device didn't allow me use it's front camera from the first day I unboxed it, till the day I discarded it. The device also kept disconnecting from my work wifi making it a stress for my boss to sign me out after my job. Great device for starters but with the stress it caused me every single time I needed to sign out, I stand on good grounds to celebrate my upgrade without any one railing expletives, vile, unholy and uncouth words at me.

The gifted device is not left out. An incoming call would not show on the home screen after just 2 weeks of use, and google search would connect randomly on google despite good internet.

Is there any hope for Umidigi? Yes. That's why I keep buying every of their new flagship hoping the next would hit bulls eye. The F2 is already in the pipeline for me.

Note carefully that I didn't throw shades at any other Umidigi device but the A3 pro. It remains a dangerous device and no damning words can skew my narrative of it. 3 attempts at redeeming itself justifies me as patient already. Deep down in the heart of those putting the device up for sale on this forum, they know it's demerit, but choose to stay mute so as to probably do away with it

Let's be more liberal with our lives, more intentional with our words, and more calm about material things that fizzle away quickly. Maybe our life expectancy which has shrinked to less than 55 can peak again.

Best wishes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBigiman:
Ditched Umidanger A3 for Sumsung S7 edge today grin. So much peace of mind thereafter

Sorry I don't get this, what's the term of reference for this comparison? lipsrsealed
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBigiman:

This is where real education is; passing your message without undermining the other person's opinion.

I personally bought at least 2 Umidigi devices and gifted one to a brother so I know the premise on which I stand. Not forgetting one, the best one, was also bought for me by my very kind wife. The first device didn't allow me use it's front camera from the first day I unboxed it, till the day I discarded it. The device also kept disconnecting from my work wifi making it a stress for my boss to sign me out after my job. Great device for starters but with the stress it caused me every single time I needed to sign out, I stand on good grounds to celebrate my upgrade without any one railing expletives, vile, unholy and uncouth words at me.

The gifted device is not left out. An incoming call would not show on the home screen after just 2 weeks of use, and google search would connect randomly on google despite good internet.

Is there any hope for Umidigi? Yes. That's why I keep buying every of their new flagship hoping the next would hit bulls eye. The F2 is already in the pipeline for me.

Note carefully that I didn't throw shades at any other Umidigi device but the A3 pro. It remains a dangerous device and no damning words can skew my narrative of it. 3 attempts at redeeming itself justifies me as patient already. Deep down in the heart of those putting the device up for sale on this forum, they know it's demerit, but choose to stay mute so as to probably do away with it

Let's be more liberal with our lives, more intentional with our words, and more calm about material things that fizzle away quickly. Maybe our life expectancy which has shrinked to less than 55 can peak again.

Best wishes

Well scripted and I like that u stated the facts as it is. But let's take a chill pill and analyze some inputs made.

First and foremost the A series of umidigi phones are budget phones, and thus we shouldn't expect mush from them, even the A5 Pro had and still has some flaws.

But let's deal with 2hat u just stated I. This write up, I think Ur devices were defective from the onset, this is common for small companies like umidigi, that's why they take a bit of time to send out OTAs to solve some of these problems.

I also thi k the mistake u made was not doing a need analysis before getting Ur phone. I believe what u want to do with the phone should equate the cost u put into it. U can't use a 2gb or 3gb ram phone for work, it simply will fail. It's made for basic functionality.

When I bought my first umidigi I got the umidigi one, cos I also wanted my emails and other functions. The A3 and A3 pro were cheaper and had more appeal then but Ignored the hype and went for what suited me. Almost a year later, the umidigi one is still my prized jewel.

Now cos of work I would be doing a lot of designs and I need a good camera as well as a good processor, I sold my A5 Pro and my Redmi Note 5 and bought a Mi9T, cos that's what works for me. But my umidigi one is still my favourite phone till the Mi9T comes in.

What's the essence of my story? Get what works for u but never accusē a goat for not supplying as much meat as a cow.

As for the defective products, u could have returned it when u noticed they were bad or at least complain. No manufacturer is free from such, remember the exploding batteries from Samsung?

Let's all try to accommodate each other, there's enough space under the sun.

One love all

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
ityP:

Oga you too like fight, calm down. We're all brothers here
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Obatise:

Bros let's be a little civil with our words, not everything is solved with harsh or bashful words, let's all be guided.

One love brother

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
saint2ace:

Bros let's be a little civil with our words, not everything is solved with harsh or bashful words, let's all be guided.

One love brother

You know am not a trouble maker, I just got irritated by his comment. Transfer of aggression kind of, not like I have bipolar disorder or anti social behavior. Shalom
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
saint2ace:

Well scripted and I like that u stated the facts as it is.
As for the defective products, u could have returned it when u noticed they were bad or at least complain. No manufacturer is free from such, remember the exploding batteries from Samsung?

One love all

I love you bro

Just that I don't talk much here, I own the A3, A3 pro and A5 pro, even Uwatch 1 despite receiveing it after 3months of been shipped. I never had issues with all my phone's and I was surprised at the "Umidanger" phrase when literally all they do is produce great device at pocket friendly price.... Make I no long the epistle like I said to Saint2ace I was irritated by that phrase. Maybe I need to take anger management lesson, once again I love you
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
I just love all this self diagnosed ailments...... I need to speak with Umidigi, to start manufacturing some drugs......

Umidigi, the thread that never ceases to deliver a smile........

Keep spreading Bro Love..... No therapy pass am, just let out and feel free.......

Let steam out.........

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:
I just love all this self diagnosed ailments...... I need to speak with Umidigi, to start manufacturing some drugs......

Umidigi, the thread that never ceases to deliver a smile........

Umi what are we going to call that? Well, my wife is a social worker, I think I will ask her to diagnose me the more to be sure of which category I fall into.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Obatise:

Umi what are we going to call that? Well, my wife is a social worker, I think I will ask her to diagnose me the more to be sure of which category I fall into.

Umihaloperidol........ The only tablet to calm our uninerves....... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kelvo002: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
saint2ace:

Well scripted and I like that u stated the facts as it is. But let's take a chill pill and analyze some inputs made.

First and foremost the A series of umidigi phones are budget phones, and thus we shouldn't expect mush from them, even the A5 Pro had and still has some flaws.

But let's deal with 2hat u just stated I. This write up, I think Ur devices were defective from the onset, this is common for small companies like umidigi, that's why they take a bit of time to send out OTAs to solve some of these problems.

I also thi k the mistake u made was not doing a need analysis before getting Ur phone. I believe what u want to do with the phone should equate the cost u put into it. U can't use a 2gb or 3gb ram phone for work, it simply will fail. It's made for basic functionality.

When I bought my first umidigi I got the umidigi one, cos I also wanted my emails and other functions. The A3 and A3 pro were cheaper and had more appeal then but Ignored the hype and went for what suited me. Almost a year later, the umidigi one is still my prized jewel.

Now cos of work I would be doing a lot of designs and I need a good camera as well as a good processor, I sold my A5 Pro and my Redmi Note 5 and bought a Mi9T, cos that's what works for me. But my umidigi one is still my favourite phone till the Mi9T comes in.

What's the essence of my story? Get what works for u but never accusē a goat for not supplying as much meat as a cow.

One love all

We said.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by capip120(m): 1:06am On Oct 21, 2019
Am thinking of which to choose between the A5pro and Umidigi Power.
I would have gone for the A5pro but after seeing the reviews about the camera and the yellow colour associated with it, I became confused since it seems like there ain't no remedy to that problem yet. I love the spec no doubt.
So house which should I go for and why?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 1:17am On Oct 21, 2019
saint2ace:

One love all

Na responses like these no dey cause fight. Nice
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 4:33am On Oct 21, 2019
nongo123:

But I hope it goes back to normal within seconds

Two different blank screen ish, if it's the first one alone, I'll be tine with it. But the other one, it's not good to the heart.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 5:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Mizik:
Umidigi A3 ₦25900
Umidigi A3 pro 3gb 32gb ₦28900
Umidigi A5 pro ₦39990
Umidigi power 5150mah battery 4gb 64gb ₦46900
Umidigi f1 ₦69990
24-48hrs Delivery to major cities
Pay on delivery available!
CALL on 07016854740 or click on this link to chat me up https:///2347016854740
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by nongo123(m): 6:12am On Oct 21, 2019
Mustack:

Two different blank screen ish, if it's the first one alone, I'll be tine with it. But the other one, it's not good to the heart.

What im noticingnis that the issues are not that bad that is why you are enjoying Pie on your A3.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2019
capip120:
Am thinking of which to choose between the A5pro and Umidigi Power.
I would have gone for the A5pro but after seeing the reviews about the camera and the yellow colour associated with it, I became confused since it seems like there ain't no remedy to that problem yet. I love the spec no doubt.
So house which should I go for and why?

Generationz & laydoh, would say Umidigi Power..... Most of us would say Umidigi A5 Pro...........

If you have easy access to 47K, go for the Umidigi Power......... cheesy

The so called camera /flash issues, have been resolved with subsequent OTA releases................
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2019
nongo123:

What im noticingnis that the issues are not that bad that is why you are enjoying Pie on your A3.

Is bad when it's goes blank and you have to repeat one process often..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.