Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1715549 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by aralomo1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Try to use in safe mode and observe......
Will try that. Thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Michealvegas: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
AzurV:

Okay cool. Btw did you use it for gaming. I want to know if itll hold up.
I'm a heavy gamer,only mini militia is the online game I play tho but I play it close to 5-7hours daily and it dosent heat up nor lags .will be downloading codm or pubgm soon,still contemplatinggringrin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by aralomo1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Try to use in safe mode and observe......
Boss, it's still the same thing on safe mode o

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
aralomo1:

Boss, it's still the same thing on safe mode o

Have you tried resetting the device?.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sinachi100: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
ityP:

You mean am grin grin grin
Shee me see trouble oooo

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by osic(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430 apart from repairpalng, which other phone repairer can you recommend, I need a fix urgently.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by aralomo1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried resetting the device?.....
Not yet
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
osic:
Lexusgs430 apart from repairpalng, which other phone repairer can you recommend, I need a fix urgently.

Unfortunately, don't know of anyone else...... I used to know a guy in computer village called
Agba.......

He is very good too......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
aralomo1:
Not yet

I don't know if a reset would work, but that's the last sw recommendation I can offer......

If you can live with error, don't reset......

If it's annoying you so much and you don't mind reinstalling all apps and folders again....... Reset it......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by peablaze(f): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
repairpalng:

Was the whole sub-board changed or just the charging port? Changing the port only sometimes is not as effective and usually temporary. 08137013426

Charging port only..
They said the sub-board is not available. I stay in Owerri though.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by AzurV: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
aralomo1:

Yeah but I'm not a heavy gamer. So far, all the games I've played on this device run smoothly

@-@ Did you try games like Pubg and Codm?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fadahero: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Seven months on from buying this A5pro and I'm freaking glad I made that decision... For an heavy user my battery still stan gidigba( 5-6 hours heavy usage, even tho it is almost always connected to my Bluetooth accessories) no multitasking issues, camera is ok ( I recommend getting another camera app, that stock camera app is WHACK)...

Little piece of advice, around March to early June, I always stop charging whenever my battery hits 85-90%, like I never saw 100% for 2months and I really do think this has helped it in some way. Also download AccuBattery, got loads of info from that app.

One other thing I'm careful about is my charger, I no dey borrow person o, esp Gfs that like to carry follow come charger...from all the comments abt charging port and cable problems I've read on here, I just CAN'T. Even my OTG gan, I'm super careful when inserting and removing.

Now I don't know how true but I read somewhere that Umidigi A5pro has a chip in the battery and brick for optimal performance blah blah... my point is when I tried to test my Umi charger on a Samsung and Tecno phone, the charging process would keep fluctuating never stable probably why finding replacement is always tough.

Now I cannot say if I've just been ranting or not... but I hope this helps someone, maintain your phone and keep your follow come accessories closer. This is a fantastic device. Ciao

5 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by aralomo1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
AzurV:

Not yet but I'm sure it will run smoothly

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Marshaldon: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hello guys, I woke up to see water dripping down from my Umidigi A5 pro, this happened in May 11.

A day from which the phone is supposed to clock three months since I bought it. I tried all my possible best but it refuses to come on till now. I need advice from you guys whether I should go look for new panel as I'm being told by the engineer or if there's anything I haven't touched yet.

I think one of my brothers kept a sachet water on the table where the phone was but none of them admitted to doing so

Pls someone should help me out abeg
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by aralomo1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I don't know if a reset would work, but that's the last sw recommendation I can offer......

If you can live with error, don't reset......

If it's annoying you so much and you don't mind reinstalling all apps and folders again....... Reset it......
Aiiight thanks boss. Maybe I will try resetting the phone later
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Marshaldon: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
This is the second time I'm posting this cos no one answered when I posted yesterday.�����
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marshaldon:
This is the second time I'm posting this cos no one answered when I posted yesterday.�����

What did you post o.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by AzurV: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marshaldon:
Hello guys, I woke up to see water dripping down from my Umidigi A5 pro, this happened in May 11.

A day from which the phone is supposed to clock three months since I bought it. I tried all my possible best but it refuses to come on till now. I need advice from you guys whether I should go look for new panel as I'm being told by the engineer or if there's anything I haven't touched yet.

I think one of my brothers kept a sachet water on the table where the phone was but none of them admitted to doing so

This ig
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by AzurV: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Have you tried putting it in rice. Thats like the first thing most peeps do Usually works to
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Marshaldon: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Done that a million times over
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fadahero: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marshaldon:

Now I would have asked if you carried out the necessary water drain test involving rice, hair dryer etc... but if you actually woke up to see it dripping then most likely that h2o has gone too deep into the phone... I'm guessing you got no response even from charging it? It's looking more like a technician's work and if he says the board is screwed, I guess it is... but man I feel for you, A5pro is a fantastic device.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by timibare(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
I need umidigi a5 pro panel
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marshaldon:

About the A5 pro that drowned.......... Most likely it's beyond repair......

If water was dripping from your A5 Pro, it's drowned beyond CPR........

You can try the rice therapy, put it in a sack of rice for almost 2 weeks.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dollywood(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
ityP:

Avoid putting your phone on battery saver mode if e never reach 15 person. E go suck your battery

Very True, I'm now enjoying my battery to the fullest after I found out this little secret.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by 11Anonymous(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marshaldon:

You killed your phone.
Sorry.
A repairer should check the extent to which current flows in the board to check what has gone bad.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sanuelpaul(m): 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please how good is Umidigi A3x and also d memory size, thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by pek(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Got my A3s over the weekend. Earlier bought the A3 pro for wifey last year. The problem I have with the phone is picking calls. The phone will be ringing, it will just refuse to slide up for me to receive the call. I am not finding it funny.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by repairpalng: 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
osic:

Do you have any issues reaching us or price dispute? Do reach me on WhatsApp: 08137013426 (do mention nairaland)
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by chuksvoice: 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
peablaze:

Yes, i have.. Charging port was changed cause when the charger was connected, it kept going on and off
You need to change the complete usb charging board before the fast charging will return to normal
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by lilachiever(m): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
pek:
Got my A3s over the weekend. Earlier bought the A3 pro for wifey last year. The problem I have with the phone is picking calls. The phone will be ringing, it will just refuse to slide up for me to receive the call. I am not finding it funny.

Lol, I had the same issue.

Just download "TRUE PHONE" app from play store and make it your default call app.

Allow the app the accessibility feature of "draw over other apps" and ensure to also allow it "run in background" and you're good to go.

There are so much way you can tweak that app, it'll even allow you pick call with just a tap on a button than having to slide up.

Ciao.

Modified: Picture removed, I really didn't realise that the phone numbers were showing, thought only the contact names were. This my big eyes wey no dey see fully.

Thanks @Prechy2836 @2Ways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sleemoon(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
AzurV:

it plays COD mobile effectively.. dunno about pubg though...

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Exumal: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
pek:

The thing go me too today, I be won like cry. Like you dey use all serious and power swipe up to pick call but to no avail, I understand that feeling. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.