Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1716664 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by lonar: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
olabolaji:
Jesu o, ah which kain wahala be this one. Make my own too no do weyrey o or I go curse umidigi for generation to come. I no get joy o, panel problem bawo

my broda the thing follow weak me too, me wer dey expect my own oo. Although i know issues like this may not be common and also depends on the user too, but nevertheless i have become worried oo
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by lonar: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
wolextayo:

From their website. I think it’s national. But tracking shows it’s coming from lag
I meant if you live in Lagos..
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sinachi100: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I only added Bokeh effects, to an original picture posted..... cheesy
ok I understood sirgringrin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by famep(m): 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
11Anonymous:

Have you changed your APN?
I fixed it the solution is to manually install Airtel configuration
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
ope37:
I don't what has happen to umidigi a7 pro ,i was charging it and i discover that light went off @91%
Then i took to the repairer thinking that it battery problem ,but he told me that it the panel that have fault .please i need your advice 1 and half old month phone

Not shifting blame from Umidigi........ This is the simple reason I always say, charging with a powerbank is always a better option......

Our electricity current supply is very poor, excessive spikes can destroy devices............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by wolextayo: 12:25am On Sep 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Not shifting blame from Umidigi........ This is the simple reason I always say, charging with a powerbank is always a better option......

Our electricity current supply is very poor, excessive spikes can destroy devices............
I don’t know why I always feel that power bank weakens phone battery over time
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:36am On Sep 13, 2020
wolextayo:

It's a pigment of an imagination....... The current from a PB, is steady & stable.............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:17am On Sep 13, 2020
wolextayo:

I would give you a personal experience....... I would have phones I have used in the UK for a matter of months, phones would have no issues at all.....

I give them to a family members in Nigeria, in a matter of months, they tell me the phones are faulty (not once, twice or thrice).......

I send them another phone and insist they charge with PB, phones are still fully working years after..........

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2020
ope37:
I don't what has happen to umidigi a7 pro ,i was charging it and i discover that light went off @91%
Then i took to the repairer thinking that it battery problem ,but he told me that it the panel that have fault .please i need your advice 1 and half old month phone

I would suggest you send a message to Jumia and Umidigi..........

And see what comes out of it.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2020
ope37:

But how come your 1st post is about an issue?...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2020
I just went back to the first page and I was reading the first posts on this thread, people predicted that umidigi will fail to break into the market and stuff like that.... Someone even prophecy that oga lexusgs430 that he will cancel his note C order grin grin grin but here we are today, still balling.... grin I joined the thread at page 200 and something but I can't find my comments again.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2020
khalidx:
I just went back to the first page and I was reading the first posts on this thread, people predicted that umidigi will fail to break into the market and stuff like that.... Someone even prophecy that oga lexusgs430 that he will cancel his note C order grin grin grin but here we are today, still balling.... grin I joined the thread at page 200 and something but I can't find my comments again.

This is an UMIVERSITY......... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Bolubaba(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2020
ope37:

Sometimes, overcharging phones do cause issues like this. I've experienced this twice with tecno Droid pad. It was on the second time the technician told me that it was as a result of overcharging. All he did was disconnect the battery from the panel and connected it back and everything was back to normal.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 8:59am On Sep 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

This is an UMIVERSITY......... grin
grin grin we are learning here everyday oo. Bring your problem and you'll find a solution....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by wolextayo: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2020
Good morning Umidigites.

This thread don tey gan o. I was reading the first 10 pages and I was just laughing. The developers of this brand have really put in to work.

Lexusgs430 must be a stakeholder in the company. Man was there since 2k17.

Still scared to use WhatsApp now?

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 9:20am On Sep 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The charger should take the blow not the device if it has anything to do with charging process. If the bad current could pass through the brick successfully to the phone, then, the brick is either faulty prior or a fake brick.

4 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by beautisop: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,how can I download the Gcam.?on the play store ,it says not compatible with the device..kindly assist me biko

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Sep 13, 2020
jboixxx:
The charger should take the blow not the device if it has anything to do with charging process. If the bad current could pass through the brick successfully to the phone, then, the brick is either faulty prior or a fake brick.

Think about this, Umidigi's devices are good, but are cheap........

So do you expect the charging brick + cable to be comparable to other higher priced equivalents?.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2020
wolextayo:
Good morning Umidigites.

This thread don tey gan o. I was reading the first 10 pages and I was just laughing. The developers of this brand have really put in to work.

Lexusgs430 must be a stakeholder in the company. Man was there since 2k17.

Still scared to use WhatsApp now?

Why are you scared to use WhatsApp?..... cheesy

Download and enjoy WhatsApp, biko....... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Morganaliticus: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2020
wolextayo:

Since I started using my power 3 two months ago... I've never charged with electricity, I use during the day and charge with my powerbank at night, and I've had pretty consistent battery usage time all through.
I don't think it does.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Redpanter1(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2020
ope37:
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, if that doesn't work... Press and hold the power and volume up buttons together to try enter recovery mode.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 11:20am On Sep 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Think about this, Umidigi's devices are good, but are cheap........

So do you expect the charging brick + cable to be comparable to other higher priced equivalents?.....
No need dishing out cheap but good phones with substandard bricks which could lead to the "death" of those good phones. So, I don't expect them to, however, complaints of charging brick issues SEEM to be common with Umidigi. I haven't gotten a report from my friends using it though.

Personally, I don't charge my phones with direct supply and I don't know what's powerbank until recently. My primary charging brick is permanently in the 110v spot while the spare stays in the extended 220v spot on my voltage regulator.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2020
jboixxx:
No need dishing out cheap but good phones with substandard bricks which could lead to the "death" of those good phones. So, I don't expect them to, however, complaints of charging brick issues SEEM to be common with Umidigi. I haven't gotten a report from my friends using it though.

Personally, I don't charge my phones with direct supply and I don't know what's powerbank until recently. My primary charging brick is permanently in the 110v spot while the spare stays in the extended 220v spot on my voltage regulator.

I say no more........ cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Eawwal(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
jboixxx:

What kind of voltage regulator do you use?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Flytime: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
famep:
How can I boost my gaming experience in umidigi a7 pro? Because sometimes my call of duty mobile do lag
download gfx settings for cod on play store
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by lonar: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
or charging with a tv guide?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Eawwal:

What kind of voltage regulator do you use?
Qasa 2HP
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by lilachiever(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
jboixxx:
Qasa 2HP

How much?
I can't risk this phone going AWOL on me
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
lilachiever:

How much?

I can't risk this phone going AWOL on me
It depends on store. I bought it in Jalingo 13500 a week to 1st COVID-19 lockdown.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Eawwal(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
jboixxx:
It depends on store. I bought it in Jalingo 13500 a week to 1st COVID-19 lockdown.

I can't afford that.

Will a surge protector/ TV guard be okay?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by famep(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Flytime:
download gfx settings for cod on play store
Thanks

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Eawwal:

I can't afford that.

Will a surge protector/ TV guard be okay?
Why not?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.