Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1708149 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dgreatman10: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
GENT95:

Bro,on jiji
Okay, thanks.
It's a steal at that price.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
GENT95:

Bros you get umidigi power 3 screen tempered glass?

No bro
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
My worst fear finally came to pass today. My Umidigi A7pro has gone blind.

I got this phone delivered to me on the 3rd of August this year so it's not even up to three months yet.

I have been pampering this phone to the point that it has never for once dropped on the floor since I got it. Imagine my surprise when it went dark as I inserted the charger into the phone's port this evening. I have tried restarting the phone several times but its still the same.

Took the phone to an engineer and was hearing talks of replacing the screen. Like WTF? How would a phone suddenly go blind on its own? Where do I even start looking for the screen now?

To be honest I am very pained.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
Richnero:

I got this phone delivered to me on the 3rd of August this year so it's not even up to three months yet.

I have been pampering this phone to the point that it has never for once dropped on the floor since I got it. Imagine my surprise when it went dark as I inserted the charger into the phone's port this evening. I have tried restarting the phone several times but its still the same.

Took the phone to an engineer and was hearing talks of replacing the screen. Like WTF? How would a phone suddenly go blind on its own? Where do I even start looking for the screen now?

Was inserting the charger, the cause of it's blindness?....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Was inserting the charger, the cause of it's blindness?....
Bro I seriously have no idea.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Richnero:
Bro I seriously have no idea.

Is it just blind?.... Does it still ring out?...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Is it just blind?.... Does it still ring out?...
Yes. Everything still works. It's just blind.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
Richnero:
Yes. Everything still works. It's just blind.

Have you done a soft reset?......

Press power button for about 8/15 seconds........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by GENT95(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Emily22:

No bro

Bros any idea on how I go fit get am ?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 12:44am On Oct 28, 2020
GENT95:

Bros any idea on how I go fit get am ?

Message me via signature
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Babalegba(m): 1:24am On Oct 28, 2020
Richnero:

Looks like umidigi has quality control issues. I will not buy their products again until the issues are addressed.Pity I bought my A7 pro before learning about these problems.Looks like power bank charging is the only way to go .
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 1:51am On Oct 28, 2020
Babalegba:
Looks like umidigi has quality control issues. I will not buy their products again until the issues are addressed.Pity I bought my A7 pro before learning about these problems.Looks like power bank charging is the only way to go .
Bro I was warned by friends not to buy that phone but didn't listen. And when I finally got the phone they started admiring it and I was giving them this 'I told you so attitude' .
How do I even tell them that a phone I got in less than three months is already developing faults? I will become a laughing stock.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 1:55am On Oct 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Have you done a soft reset?......

Press power button for about 8/15 seconds........
I have done that severally. It only shows this dark screen light that proves the screen needs replacing.

Other than aliexexpress, do you have an idea where I can get this screen within Nigeria, precisely Lagos?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:04am On Oct 28, 2020
Richnero:
I have done that severally. It only shows this dark screen light that proves the screen needs replacing.

Other than aliexexpress, do you an idea where I can get this screen within Nigeria, precisely Lagos?

I wonder why this screen, gone so quickly... Before you buy a screen, send a message to Umidigi (via twitter and Instagram).....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:08am On Oct 28, 2020
Babalegba:

I have mentioned this PB charging issue, numerous times....

It's surprising that Umidigi devices I use in the UK, never develop any mechanical issues......

They either have broken screens or charging port damage issues...... And all the aforementioned faults, are due to user errors.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Richnero(m): 2:16am On Oct 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I wonder why this screen, gone so quickly... Before you buy a screen, send a message to Umidigi (via twitter and Instagram).....
What will they do? Replace the phone?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:30am On Oct 28, 2020
Richnero:
What will they do? Replace the phone?

I hope they would offer to send a screen(at best) ..........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by herrlekan(m): 2:31am On Oct 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I have mentioned this PB charging issue, numerous times....

It's surprising that Umidigi devices I use in the UK, never develop any mechanical issues......

They either have broken screens or charging port damage issues...... And all the aforementioned faults, are due to user errors.........

Umidigi phones are one of the best if not the best in the market today. I am a proud owner of Umidigi One Pro and my wife owns A3 Pro. Both devices are almost 2 years old and we never regretted buying them. I bought my A7 Pro in August and have been charging it with mains supply. In every production process there are room for a minimal percentage of defective products. I believed the complainants and few others were unfortunate to have bought the defective ones but it doesn't mean the product is bad totally.

The Samsung and iPhone of this world do have faulty devices too but the difference between them and Umidigi is that they have warranty. And also there are official repair centres within the country for their defective products to be repaired free of charge if within warranty period. With the level of patronage Umidigi products are experiencing, I believed we deserve warranty on their products. It will be addressed very soon I believed but how soon I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:42am On Oct 28, 2020
herrlekan:

Umidigi phones are one of the best if not the best in the market today. I am a proud owner of Umidigi One Pro and my wife owns A3 Pro. Both devices are almost 2 years old and we never regretted buying them. I bought my A7 Pro in August and have been charging it with mains supply. In every production process there are room for a minimal percentage of defective products. I believed the complainants and few others were unfortunate to have bought the defective ones but it doesn't mean the product is bad totally.

The Samsung and iPhone of this world do have faulty devices too but the difference between them and Umidigi is that they have warranty. And also there are official repair centres within the country for their defective products to be repaired free of charge if within warranty period. With the level of patronage Umidigi products are experiencing, I believed we deserve warranty on their products. It will be addressed very soon I believed but how soon I don't know.

I agree with all your points, but it would not be good news for those that buy said faulty devices...............

I have two Google pixel 2 XL devices, that an update bricked the cameras (one faulty rear camera, the other both cameras)......

So all manufacturers and devices, have some issues..... Some, more than others.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:44am On Oct 28, 2020
herrlekan:

About the warranty, it's Jumia that must have signed a very dodgy contract........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2020
Richnero:

Mehn this is really sad, and scary... Sorry to hear.... About the screen i saw that repairpalng guy advertising the screen... You can reach them on NL... (I'm not vouching for him tho, never did business with him), maybe someone can vouch for him. I think the screen was 15-17k when i saw it last
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Hardeshyna(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2020
Kennydollz:

Mehn this is really sad, and scary... Sorry to hear.... About the screen i saw that repairpalng guy advertising the screen... You can reach them on NL... (I'm not vouching for him tho, never did business with him), maybe someone can vouch for him. I think the screen was 15-17k when i saw it last

If repairpalng has the screen , then he should buy it from him... he is worthy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jaeyking(m): 8:06am On Oct 28, 2020
anybody don buy A9pro or bison

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2020
jaeyking:
anybody don buy A9pro or bison

I have both........ (awaiting delivery)......... grin

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by DrCollins007: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2020
Ha! Oga Lexus na double double be that oo! Abeg show me love na, even if na A3x i no mind.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2020
DrCollins007:
Ha! Oga Lexus na double double be that oo! Abeg show me love na, even if na A3x i no mind.

Nah for research......... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 10:49am On Oct 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Nah for research......... grin
i just dae one corner dae await our Bison... I wan do review and research too grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by DrCollins007: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Oga Lexus me sef wan become Uminiresearcher...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by honey001(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
This is the second time my A 7 pro will be rebooting itself while watching video on tik tok. I have uninstall the app as I don't even like the app self.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by johnnywayne(m): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
sulasa07:
How much did you get it.And you suppose dash your old phone out

where did you purchase the phone bro?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by osic(m): 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
sulasa07:

Don't I need to root my phone?

The quoted steps involves rooting your device and installing a new ROM (Android 10)
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sulasa07(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
osic:

The quoted steps involves rooting your device and installing a new ROM (Android 10)
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.