Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1711686 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2020
nani667:
Gbese everywhere lipsrsealed

E.g this guy sells Xiaomi phones
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2020
wucanfixumiA7pr:
Who can fix my umidigi A7 pro for me ,it suddenly switched off when I was using and charging it and ever since it has refused to switch on ,anyone got a solution for me?

Less than 48 hrs account

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2020
The thing dey tire me seriously o
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Tservices:
Finger print sensor of my F2 stopped working about 3weeks now. initially I thought it was software wahala so I restarted it many times but the problem persisted.
As it stands now I'm not using fingerprint to unlock my fone.
Even the fingerprint option on Security is missing. Infact the Phone doesn't behave like it ever had fingerprint sensor on it

Pls is there any solution to this?

Lexusgs430
oh so sorry... Unfortunately, the formatting or even flashing of the phone can't restore the fingerprint....

As a requirement of Google GMS verification, UMIDIGI smartphones shipped with Android 9 and newer systems, store unique identifiers of the fingerprint scanner on a special (tee) partition. It's similar to the nvram partition, that stores IMEI, MAC address and other unique identifiers. However, unlike for the nvram (SN Writer or Maui META), a free tool to recover the fingerprint scanner data on the tee partition is not available. By formatting the whole flash chip (not only the partitions and data shipped with factory ROMs), that unique data will be deleted without the possibility of recovering it. Please never format the full flash ROM of your UMIDIGI smartphone! Fortunately, there's a working solution but since it's not a warranty related (manufacturing) issue and each phone needs to generate a unique activation file by our engineers, Umidigi can offer it only as a paid service. You'll have to pay them 15$ dollars to get the finger print back.

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
GENT95:
Issa brand new
Wow! Then u're lucky. Pls wats d name of d seller on Jiji?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
cheesy
Lexusgs430:

Is you APN set correctly?

Swap sim location.............

Attendance to all lectures, is imperative...... Remember, we don't sell handouts........... wink
Oga lecturer, abeg pity ur studs kwanu. Attendance dey totori u for bodi. L.o.l. cheesy
Lexusgs430:

Is you APN set correctly?

Swap sim location.............

Attendance to all lectures, is imperative...... Remember, we don't sell handouts........... wink
Oga lecturer, abeg pity ur studs kwanu. Attendance dey totori u for bodi. L.o.l.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by iahmed(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kennydollz:
I nor understand o, shey all the problems decide to come at once Since two days now one problem to another each post, what is going on
watch out for paid marketers. The complainants account is mostly new with no initial post.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by nani667: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
Emily22:

E.g this guy sells Xiaomi phones

Who Xiaomi epp

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
nani667:

Who Xiaomi epp

Lol, i been wan even defend u say u be tecno guy.... We know... How d marvel thread dey go
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
Classickj:
let me try if it will work Thanks
Or leave the data on and restart your fone.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
iahmed:

watch out for paid marketers. The complainants account is mostly new with no initial post.

Abi o, i hope so.... My own a7 pro was delivered September 3rd, 5 days remaining b4 it's 2 months old. I also ordered for 2 other people who saw it and liked the device... Mine is a around a week or two older than theirs... so far 3 devices have been okay... I pray they all remain so. Na God hand we dey.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
khalidx:
oh so sorry... Unfortunately, the formatting or even flashing of the phone can't restore the fingerprint....

As a requirement of Google GMS verification, UMIDIGI smartphones shipped with Android 9 and newer systems, store unique identifiers of the fingerprint scanner on a special (tee) partition. It's similar to the nvram partition, that stores IMEI, MAC address and other unique identifiers. However, unlike for the nvram (SN Writer or Maui META), a free tool to recover the fingerprint scanner data on the tee partition is not available. By formatting the whole flash chip (not only the partitions and data shipped with factory ROMs), that unique data will be deleted without the possibility of recovering it. Please never format the full flash ROM of your UMIDIGI smartphone! Fortunately, there's a working solution but since it's not a warranty related (manufacturing) issue and each phone needs to generate a unique activation file by our engineers, Umidigi can offer it only as a paid service. You'll have to pay them 15$ dollars to get the finger print back.
cheesy
khalidx:

Wow! Oga lecturer, dis ur lecture is so technical & explicit - u must be an Engr. Tnx 4 d explanation.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
I v said it earlier, if you want to post any UMIDIGI issues esp A7 pro, kindly back it up with pictures cos Without pictures adonbilivit. Anybody can claim anything, all this people posting about A7 pro issues are just here to tarnish there image.

I bought my A7 pro around September and I have no regrets. No flaws, no issues. Near perfect. cool

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ojehmario1969(m): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hello guys

my phone charge slow when it get to 80 percent. Some times it take close to 40mins fr 20 percent to enter to make it 100. I bought a new charger from AliExpress still the same issues. What could be the fault here
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ojehmario1969(m): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
ojehmario1969:
Hello guys

my phone charge slow when it get to 80 percent. Some times it take close to 40mins fr 20 percent to enter to make it 100. I bought a new charger from AliExpress still the same issues. What could be the fault here

Like this

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
ojehmario1969:
Hello guys

There are certain algorithms to battery charging, there's bulk, float and trickle charge. From 0 -70% the speed is astronomical in order to fill up ur battery as quickly as possible just in case u need to unplug and use.
From 70% it enters float where the speed drastically reduces to protect ur battery from overheating, at about 80 -85% it enters trickle charge which takes quite awhile cos the battery is topped up slowly till it's full to balance off the charging process, infact half the charging time happens btw 70 - 100%.

While we crave fast charging, we also advocate for sensible charging as constant fast charge depletes battery life. In line with this most phone manufacturers put in software stopgaps to help prevent this degradation, u might be seeing that in play at the moment.

So my advice is charge ur phone sensible there's a reason why..... Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ojehmario1969(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
saint2ace:

There are certain algorithms to battery charging, there's bulk, float and trickle charge. From 0 -70% the speed is astronomical in order to fill up ur battery as quickly as possible just in case u need to unplug and use.
From 70% it enters float where the speed drastically reduces to protect ur battery from overheating, at about 80 -85% it enters trickle charge which takes quite awhile cos the battery is topped up slowly till it's full to balance off the charging process, infact half the charging time happens btw 70 - 100%.

While we crave fast charging, we also advocate for sensible charging as constant fast charge depletes battery life. In line with this most phone manufacturers put in software stopgaps to help prevent this degradation, u might be seeing that in play at the moment.

So my advice is charge ur phone sensible there's a reason why..... Cheers

Thanks boss
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jboixxx: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
sleemoon:
am back to my old account... all post and lectures received by hardeshyna remain valid...

Other Authorities and Governing bodies take note..

Anyways Thunder fire d mod wey ban me...
Your experience can't be like mine. I don suffer for that bot "hand". Jboi and bot were 5 and 6 for about 4weeks. cry
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by theoneJabulani(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
ojehmario1969:
Hello guys

My HOD saint2ace has explained it as it is
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Uzland:

cheesy
Wow! Oga lecturer, dis ur lecture is so technical & explicit - u must be an Engr. Tnx 4 d explanation.
i use the F2 also... My friend lost his fingerprint since March so I researched the cause and solutions.... If you pay the 15$ they'll send you the file immediately.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
nani667:

Who Xiaomi epp
phone Wey no fit handle moded Gcam... Abeg shift
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Chineduvictor41: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
I have being using my umidigi A7 pro...since I bought it on july 22......I haven't had any problems since then..... everything about the phone has been superb including the battery performance

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Chineduvictor41: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
mattmogan88:
I v said it earlier, if you want to post any UMIDIGI issues esp A7 pro, kindly back it up with pictures cos Without pictures adonbilivit. Anybody can claim anything, all this people posting about A7 pro issues are just here to tarnish there image.

I bought my A7 pro around September and I have no regrets. No flaws, no issues. Near perfect. cool
I bought mine since July 22...no problem whatsoever.... slick device !!!
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by hopebacy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
I wanted to order A9 pro from ali express but they are not shipping to my location.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
For any complaint to be taken seriously and believed, it's imperative all complaints have pictorial evidence(s) attached.
Some complaints seem genuine but without evidence, it'll be hard to believe due to the upsurge in Umidigi related complaints.
Haba angry angry
Give us proofs! #EndAudioComplaints!

Shalom.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:
For any complaint to be taken seriously and believed, it's imperative all complaints have pictorial evidence(s) attached.
Some complaints seem genuine but without evidence, it'll be hard to believe due to the upsurge in Umidigi related complaints.
Haba angry angry
Give us proofs! #EndAudioComplaints!

Shalom.
oil Dy your head

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Chineduvictor41:

I bought mine since July 22...no problem whatsoever.... slick device !!!
Am surprised with all the complaints, they are scaring people away
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good evening all, for all those making one sort of complain or the other, please and please give us a full description of what the problem is, secondly, give us the history of usage and lastly, if possible back it up by pictorial evidence so we can have the full itinerary to proffer solutions to your issues. Thanks......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sleemoon(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
jboixxx:
Your experience can't be like mine. I don suffer for that bot "hand". Jboi and bot were 5 and 6 for about 4weeks. cry

u be customer for ban section..
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
jboixxx:

grin grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
saint2ace:
Good evening all, for all those making one sort of complain or the other, please and please give us a full description of what the problem is, secondly, give us the history of usage and lastly, if possible back it up by pictorial evidence so we can have the full itinerary to proffer solutions to your issues. Thanks......

My point exactly! I know how I bought my phone, I know the spare parts are coming all the way from China grin grin, I know it's not readily fixed here, so I never handle my phone carelessly. I posted the grandpa case (as adviced by Lexsugs) wink wink I use in addition to the protective jacket that the phone came with some pages back.
Some folks are careless with their device and they'll come crying foul here. This is not to disparage those with genuine complaints but I believe the best thing is to attach proofs and honestly state what led to the fault and events leading up to it.
As always, it's #Umidigi to the world and today, we say #EndAudioComplaints #SendProofs.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by BrickDevo: 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
iahmed:

Oga dey oh! If you buy umidigi phone which develops an issue and you are not on nairaland, then you search for umidigi help on Google, This thread will appear, and to ask for help you ghats Register, so stop saying trash. Umidigi dey Bleep up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.