Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

My Naija Lexicon: “booing Or Boo-ing?” - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Naija Lexicon: “booing Or Boo-ing?” (466 Views)

Watch Your Words When Angry With Bae Or Boo / Zambian Men Seen Booing A Pretty Lady For Supposed Indecent Dressing (Photos) / What Is The Most Valuable Thing You've Offered To Your Bae Or Boo?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Naija Lexicon: “booing Or Boo-ing?” by alliyse(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-4jGqGSOyek4/WOADbid8vfI/AAAAAAAAElA/jp30rpSoUbUvRJc2tad25YtcCkwu7m7dgCLcB/s320/Image%2Bof%2B5%2BMust-do%2BThings%2BWhen%2BYou%25E2%2580%2599re%2BTempted%2BTo%2BCheat.jpg[/img]

http://www.musespill.com.ng/2017/04/my-naija-lexicon-booing-or-boo-ing.html

Booing: According to Cambridge dictionary, present particle of "Boo" is "to make an expression of disagreement or disapproval". On the other hand, according to Naija dating dictionary coined by Slay Queens and Co, Boo means "to express love for your spouse by taking up marital responsibilities before marriage."

Boorriage (noun) “shares the same attributes of marriage. The difference is that the persons involved are not married but in a relationship”

Few days back, I was chatting with a friend on WhatsApp about my jobless state and how idleness was getting its toll on me. She sha started showing me pix of her boyfriend's house and told me that she had gone there to relax for a few days. One thing led to another and I indicated that I wasn't the only one jobless but that she was also jobless and guess what my sister told me. She said "I am not like you, I have a job". I want on to ask “what job?", guess her response? “Booing"

I have heard many things in this my life; but this one, was a mind blower for me. Until that day I didn't even know that the word existed in that context. I rushed to my dictionary; and lo and behold, it wasn't there. That was when it dawned on me. Her Booing was a coined slang, her own term for taking care of Boo.

The truth is I didn't have to ask her before I understood what she meant. Though we laughed it off and made a joke off it, it hit me that what she was doing wasn't different from what most girls do on a daily basis nowadays. In fact it has become a lifestyle. Before my very two koro koro eyes, I have seen many girls go to their boyfriend's house every day to cook, clean the house, wash dishes, clothes, everything washable and top it with satisfying Boo in bed. They have become wife, mother, maid and lover; all in one. When they get tired of commuting from their place to his place, they decide to move in and gbam!!! They become housewives even before their fingers smell an engagement ring.
Re: My Naija Lexicon: “booing Or Boo-ing?” by Adesiji77: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
End times...

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Everyday Life's Challenges / Chechen Police 'torturing Gay Men' / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.