Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind (6903 Views)

If You Were Left Behind On Rapture Day, Would You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
ifex370:

Anybody born again is rapturable..

Someone stole a phone and your bent on stoning the person to death cos of your own judgement.. But open your heart and I bet you will find worse sins being commuted in that very Church..

Leave God to fight his battle's (which is still loving the sinner more and more)...

You just believe... There's no license to sin cos of Romans 6:14... And 1 John 3:9

Hallelujah!!!

All am saying is.. You have no power to judge.. The power you have is for loving

I guess you are bent on fixing your assumption of judgement on me.

No problem. But, I am not judging anyone.

Judgement is when I say
"Lagbaja" is going to hell?

Only God knows that! I cant!

Are all who go to Church BornAgain? NO!
I am just re-echoing the parable of the wheat and tares. In what way is that being judgemental?

The post is a waring to those who either
1. Assume they are Born Again
Or
2. Uncommitted but goes to church

Shalom
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by ifex370(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2017
shadeyinka:

I guess you are bent on fixing your assumption of judgement on me.

No problem. But, I am not judging anyone.

Judgement is when I say
"Lagbaja" is going to hell?

Only God knows that! I cant!

Are all who go to Church BornAgain? NO!
I am just re-echoing the parable of the wheat and tares. In what way is that being judgemental?

The post is a waring to those who either
1. Assume they are Born Again
Or
2. Uncommitted but goes to church

Shalom

Am sorry mehn.. If I made you sound like the judgemental type..

No pun intended

Your 100% correct bro.. Not all that go to Church are born again

May the light to salvation shine to those that are not..

God bless us both, man
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by otemdomino: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2017
analice107:

I totally agree with you bro.
And the friend of thief herself is talking cheesy
Pls Ann, we are still looking for Samuel Ekweme your friend, the 419. And before now you guys said you know each other very well. We've tried all his phone numbers but they are not going thru. Pls Ann, you are the only one who can help us trail Samuel Ekweme aka 4evergod the 419. Thanks.
Lepasharon come and see where Analice is hiding grin

1 Like

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
ifex370:

Am sorry mehn.. If I made you sound like the judgemental type..

No pun intended

Your 100% correct bro.. Not all that go to Church are born again

May the light to salvation shine to those that are not..

God bless us both, man

A big Amen to that.

And may our Light daily attract men to Christ
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
analice107:
Had a wonderful time of "rolling up your sleeves" (GUYS).

What was it all about?

It was a week when we left the comfort of the church building and went out where the harvest is, where the souls are to tell them about the love of God.

It was so beautiful to discover to over 95℅ of people in the street are already churched or had been reached by one church or the other, but it was also sad tomorrow that over 90℅ of these know nothing about God, though they think they do.

Over 90℅ are in church not because of the love they have for God or Christ, but because they are either believing for one material gain or the other, promotions in terms of work or standard of living or because they are trying to overcome one or more challenges in life which they have tagged spiritual.

This half or inbreed Christians are very difficult to reach. They have formed a belief system or have been inundated with a belief system that contradicts the personality of God, they hold fast to this and have built a stronghold with it.

It's sad.

Let me ask a question, answer this sincerely to yourself, if the promise of earthly or material gains or blessings were stripped from the gospel, would you still be a Christian? If the threat of hell for sinners did not exist, would you still be a Christian? If the fear of demonic attacks and witchcraft oppression was taken from your church, would you still be a Christian?

Be sincere to yourself.

These things were not there at the beginning, these things were added not of God but of men who have devices that it is the way to increase church membership but not kingdom membership.

Are you serving God (as in spirit and truth) or are you after Mammon (money, position, power)?

You can't serve both, know that one must have priority in your heart.

It's time for soul searching, are you truly a Christian (Christ like) or an opportunist looking for wealth and power and you think Christ is an avenue?

Hate me if you must, but salvation for your soul is what is more important to me. You must take a decision today, either Christ or Mammon. Salvation is personal. The church will not answer for you, no pastor or man of God will answer for you, it's a personal decision, relationship to God is personal.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.....

Good morning.

Food for thought.
Let him who have ears hear what the Spirit is saying to to the church
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by analice107: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
otemdomino:
And the friend of thief herself is talking cheesy
Pls Ann, we are still looking for Samuel Ekweme your friend, the 419. And before now you guys said you know each other very well. We've tried all his phone numbers but they are not going thru. Pls Ann, you are the only one who can help us trail Samuel Ekweme aka 4evergod the 419. Thanks.
Lepasharon come and see where Analice is hiding grin
If know how happy it makes me when i ignore you.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by analice107: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
shadeyinka:

Food for thought. Let him who have ears hear what the Spirit is saying to to the church
Yes sir.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by donnffd(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2017
shadeyinka:

Food for thought.
Let him who have ears hear what the Spirit is saying to to the church

Hi bro, Longest time, its been a while and that is largely because i have been busy and havent been online, i hope all is well with you!
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2017
donnffd:

Hi bro, Longest time, its been a while and that is largely because i have been busy and havent been online, i hope all is well with you!

Hi my good Friend.
Long time no see..long time no hear.

Sometimes a man's got to take a break from the web and add value to his life.

Nice to hear from you.

Stay valuable and blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by donnffd(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2017
shadeyinka:

You are too quick to judge.

Last 2 weeks ago, a phone was stolen from the alter in the church. It brought the question,:

Are there "Christian thieves" in the Church?
How many are Real Christians in the church?

If you think my perception is to harsh, what is yours?
99% rapturable?

Personally, i think this is a testament to show that christianity as a "religion" would not make people good and moral, it has always been left to their conscience all along. We have argued alot about morality and its origins but this should tell you abit of what we(skeptics) have been saying all along.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
donnffd:

Personally, i think this is a testament to show that christianity as a "religion" would not make people good and moral, it has always been left to their conscience all along. We have argued alot about morality and its origins but this should tell you abit of what we(skeptics) have been saying all along.

I agree with you to an extent of the definition of Religion.

Religion is just Mans activities to be in the good books of the Divine.

Christianity in reality isn't a Religion perse. Christianity is a Relationship (sonship) a person has with God. It however does have a similitude of religion in that a Christian still seek to please God by what he does.

Just like the relationship between Parents and their children. Children are not children because they do the right things, however, they are expected to do that which make their parent happy.

A church goer devoid of a relationship is obviously practicing the christian religion instead of first having a relationship.

Finally, I am not insinuating that Christians are perfect. No! Just like in a normal family, we all sometimes break the Rules of our Parents.

Of course, in the field (Church) we have a mixture of wheat (children of God- with fruit to show) and tares (strangers -with no good fruit to show).

Jesus says, "Let them grow together until the harvest time..."
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

The parable is a prediction of the End time church.

There would be so many "self professed Christians", they would look so much like the real Christians by the way they talk, dress, carry themselves etc BUT they have no real fruit (seeds/grains) of repentance, holiness/purity and works that a real Christian should possess.

The imitation would be so much that God will prevent Angels from separating them for instant judgement because they could accidentally destroy a weak Christian.

Hence the command: let the two of them grow TOGETHER until harvest time.

Those who have the expected fruit are Gods
And those impostors (no seed) are gathered for judgment.

Hope it makes sense
Let me rephrase.
Did your God have foreknowledge of this events before he created man?
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
4kings:

Let me rephrase.
Did your God have foreknowledge of this events before he created man?

Yes, He did!

Your next question:" then why did he go ahead creating man....especially knowing that man would fail woefully"?

Selection based on Qualification

Foreknowledge is NOT the same as Predestination

Hope I answered your question.

Sorry for the late reply! I am just seeing your post
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Yes, He did!

Your next question:" then why did he go ahead creating man....especially knowing that man would fail woefully"?

Selection based on Qualification

Foreknowledge is NOT the same as Predestination
How is foreknowledge different from predestination in this context?

Are you telling me that he foreknew Adam's fall but did not predestine it, huh?
Or that he foreknew Jesus's coming but did not predestine it?
I don't get the logic behind your statement, please explain.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
4kings:

How is foreknowledge different from predestination in this context?

Are you telling me that he foreknew Adam's fall but did not predestine it, huh?
Or that he foreknew Jesus's coming but did not predestine it?
I don't get the logic behind your statement, please explain.

Foreknowledge is very different from predestination.

Foreknowledge is like watching a Movie the 3rd or 4th time. You can predict what the actors would do at any time yet, you didn't write their script.

Predestination however is like a Movie Script Writer/Director who decided what each actor will say even before he casts them.

Did God know that Adam will Fall? Yes (Foreknowledge)
Did He predestin it? No! (Else Adam will not be not guilty of any sin).

The issue of Jesus coming was both a foreknowledge and predestination affair. Why? It has nothing to do with mans choices but Gods choice.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Foreknowledge is like watching a Movie the 3rd or 4th time. You can predict what the actors would do at any time yet, you didn't write their script.

Predestination however is like a Movie Script Writer/Director who decided what each actor will say even before he casts them.
This movie was PRODUCED by God.
Whatever should be in this movie, he knows(foreknowledge), because he produced it(predestination).

For goodness sake, how can you acknowledge the fact that God definitely knew adam would fall and still created him, and yet you can't link this to predestination.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
4kings:

This movie was PRODUCED God.
Whatever should be in this movie, he knows(foreknowledge), because he produced it(predestination).

Its a movie where actors improvise along the way: a play without script. I believe you have watched reality TV series. But let's assume God has a time machine and has watched the play out even before the actors were assembled LOL!

Do you think in your reality that you are acting a script?
Let's assume God exists, do you feel you are remotely teleguided?
If your answers are negative, it is a proof you are an independent entity: free to do anything, free to choose and free to think. You have NOT be programmed...BUT God has a preview of your life because He is not bound by time (you are).

4kings:

For goodness sake, how can you acknowledge the fact that God definitely knew adam would fall and still created him, and yet you can't link this to predestination.

How can you (as an Engineer/Inventor/Scientist) create Cars, Planes and Space Ships when you definitely know that thousands will die if their is an accident? And accidents are inevitable!

The same answer my friend.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Its a movie where actors improvise along the way: a play without script. I believe you have watched reality TV series. But let's assume God has a time machine and has watched the play out even before the actors were assembled LOL!
Hmmm, so you mean God has a time machine to give him insight on Moses action and yet he got angry and sought to kill him because of disobedience that he was aware of already(Exodus 4:24-26) or knew the Israelis would disobey him but threatened them in Deuteronomy?
Was your God playing pretend?

Do you think in your reality that you are acting a script?
Let's assume God exists, do you feel you are remotely teleguided?
If your answers are negative, it is a proof you are an independent entity: free to do anything, free to choose and free to think. You have NOT be programmed...BUT God has a preview of your life because He is not bound by time (you are).
If an Omnipotent being were to program your live without you being aware of it, then it is very much possible.

How can you (as an Engineer/Inventor/Scientist) create Cars, Planes and Space Ships when you definitely know that thousands will die if their is an accident? And accidents are inevitable!

The same answer my friend.
This is just a pure misrepresentation of my point.

Accidents in this case are inevitable because the engineer clearly has no control over this, on the other hand, your God is Omnipotent and knows about the implications of creating man.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
4kings:

Hmmm, so you mean God has a time machine to give him insight on Moses action and yet he got angry and sought to kill him because of disobedience that he was aware of already(Exodus 4:24-26) or knew the Israelis would disobey him but threatened them in Deuteronomy?
Was your God playing pretend?

I didn't say God had a time machine. I just used a SciFi language figuratively. Meaning : God has a way of knowing the future before it happens.

Every teacher know that students will break school rules yet they admit more and more students. Why? Because in school, pupils are expected to be trained and reformed as they progress. Now, when some students break the rules, the head teacher get upset.

The world is a kind of reality school. You learn, you mature but at the end of the day, you make your final choices. The Head Teacher (God) reserves the right to His feelings about your behavior/misbehaviour.

4kings:

If an Omnipotent being were to program your live without you being aware of it, then it is very much possible.

If that is the case, God doesn't have the right to be angry or to judge sin. Like, no farmer gets angry because his chickens deficated all about the poultry (aren't chickens not programmed to eat and deficate about?). Unlike pets that are trainable (dogs, cats).

You are not programmed my friend. You are a product of your choices.
God says "There is a choice between life and death you will have to choose from....Choose life that you may live". It is an advise.

4kings:

This is just a pure misrepresentation of my point.

Accidents in this case are inevitable because the engineer clearly has no control over this, on the other hand, your God is Omnipotent and knows about the implications of creating man.

It isn't a misrepresentation.
Free will as a gift to man is absolute.
The implication of free will is that some will rebel against God. Some will become evil.

BUT

Some will live a life of LOVE and RIGHTEOUSNESS. Such are the ones God will select for Himself at the end of time.

The world is a process of selection.
Your choice!

God didn't create the universe because of man. He created all things for His own needs.

You are boundbin time. Gods isnt.!

A being not bound by time could technically time-travel. Dontbyou think so?
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

I didn't say God had a time machine. I just used a SciFi language figuratively. Meaning : God has a way of knowing the future before it happens.

Every teacher know that students will break school rules yet they admit more and more students. Why? Because in school, pupils are expected to be trained and reformed as they progress. Now, when some students break the rules, the head teacher get upset.

The world is a kind of reality school. You learn, you mature but at the end of the day, you make your final choices. The Head Teacher (God) reserves the right to His feelings about your behavior/misbehaviour.

If that is the case, God doesn't have the right to be angry or to judge sin. Like, no farmer gets angry because his chickens deficated all about the poultry (aren't chickens not programmed to eat and deficate about?). Unlike pets that are trainable (dogs, cats).

You are not programmed my friend. You are a product of your choices.
God says "There is a choice between life and death you will have to choose from....Choose life that you may live". It is an advise.

It isn't a misrepresentation.
Free will as a gift to man is absolute.
The implication of free will is that some will rebel against God. Some will become evil.

BUT

Some will live a life of LOVE and RIGHTEOUSNESS. Such are the ones God will select for Himself at the end of time.

The world is a process of selection.
Your choice!

God didn't create the universe because of man. He created all things for His own needs.

You are boundbin time. Gods isnt.!

A being not bound by time could technically time-travel. Dontbyou think so?
Shadeyinka did God know Adam would eat the fruit of knowledge even before warned him?
I guess your answer should be yes, right?
If so his feelings here of anger was just a play in the game of Eden.

Now you might insist that he didn't predestine Adam, or from your understanding "lead Adam step by step" towards that action, right?

But consider this, according to most Christians, the world is not perfect and men would go to hell because of the fall of Adam, your God knew about this, beforehand and still created Adam.
He therefore created this series of events that he foreknew. Hope you get me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by Blackfire(m): 5:57am On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:
Jesus said,
"Not all who say to me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but those who do His will.."

Almost 100% of those who call Jesus Lord are Church going Christians. However, even though the Church is always filled up every Sunday, we have a mixed multitude.
Those who are
1.Truly "Born Again"
2. Assume they are Born Again
3. Uncommitted
4. Sons/Daughters of Belial

The question is, if Rapture took place while you are in church today, what percentage on the average will go and what percentage will be left behind.

Some Pastor's will even be left behind while preaching.
1 to 4, where do you belong?

I submit that more than 65% of the Church worldwide will be left behind.
What do you think?

Lord have mercy.. 99percent of my enemies I have forgiven.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:

Shadeyinka did God know Adam would eat the fruit of knowledge even before warned him?
I guess your answer should be yes, right?
If so his feelings here of anger was just a play in the game of Eden.

Now you might insist that he didn't predestine Adam, or from your understanding "lead Adam step by step" towards that action, right?

But consider this, according to most Christians, the world is not perfect and men would go to hell because of the fall of Adam, your God knew about this, beforehand and still created Adam.
He therefore created this series of events that he foreknew. Hope you get me.

I understand you well.

Don't forget that God Himself created the Forbidden Tree/Fruit. For what purpose? It is an Examination-a test.

Volition/Freewill MUST be tested isn't it?

Like I could give you a Ferrari with an instruction not to drive above 80km/hr. If you did, you are liable to be punished.
However, it is silly to give you an articulated Vehicle with a maximum speed of 50 km/hr and then, I give you an instruction not to exceed 80km/hr.

The Tree is a Figurative expression to describe the Breaking of Gods Laws which has consequences.

Or course, we can say God created all things knowing how things will turn out. In lay mans term, let's sy God knew that a set of human beings will come out of the chaos (caused by freewill) exactly having the nature God desires.

In lay scientific terms, its like a scientist playing the game of evolution among a certain bacteria strain for ultimately selecting a subset having a specific desired gene and characteristics.

You keep asking why God should display emotion over things He already knew will happen.

Of course
1. God is emotional about mans choices because at every point its mans call to choose and not Gods. It is Gods duty to put a conscience in man as a guide. But humans usually crush his conscience to do evil.
2. Gods Love for man dictates that he will respond emotionally towards mans actions.

And about Hell!
Hell does exist, but by my understanding of the scriptures, it isn't a blanket judgement for everyone. Hell is a place of rejection where judgement is served according to your evil choices. Heaven/Paradise isn't a place of blanket enjoyment either. In heaven/paradise too, judgement (reward) is served according to your righteous choices while on earth.

The Bible (Scripture) is a chronicle of mans experience and understanding of Gods dealing and intervention with man. God did not write the Bible, men did. As such, you find lots of humanoid expressions when describing God. Eg. God as a He (masculine), Gods right hand is power, the eyes of the Lord etc.

Interestingly, do you know as an atheist, you are living by FAITH just like the theists. The only difference is your "laboratory"

You are looking for a Physical God (of course, you will never find him in that lab). Why?
God isn't Physical nor bound by the rule of TIME!

You will find God in the Lab of your conscience.

If you believe that the Universe and consciousness came out of NOTHING, then God can exist out of nothing. Its your choice of Laboratory leading to a false conclusion.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by 4kings: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2017
Shadeyinka, this statement,
"Don't forget that God Himself created the Forbidden Tree/Fruit. For what purpose? It is an Examination-a test."
proves that you've not gotten what i'm trying to explain.

God knew about the test he was going to set and the outcome. Didn't he?
This alone should end this case but let me try to explain from events you've probably observed:
It's just like a child playing with her toys, setting them up in different scenarios for different roles.
The child has a plan in mind(foreknowledge) and positions her toys accordingly(predestination).

Whether this scenario looks like a test does not change the fact that that was what the child(God in this case) had in mind and then went ahead to bring it to reality.

That child would also express emotions in this scenarios and this does not change the fact that she wanted it to play in that manner(predestination).

I hope this settles your "purpose and emotion" issue.

Shadeyinka other theists i discuss with don't fully incorporate omniscience when arguing for freewill, because it's just simply ILLOGICAL.
I'm surprised that you hold on to this, and don't see any error with it.

Let me give another quick illustration;
Let's say you are that powerful and you are to create a universe with a time-line and you know what would happen in the beginning and end of that time-line and then you went ahead to create it, this very act means nothing in that time-line should surprise you or change from your EXPECTATION.

With this simple explanation i hope you would think harder and stop fully incorporating "OMNISCIENCE" when arguing for freewill, next time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by frank317: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:

You are too quick to judge.

Last 2 weeks ago, a phone was stolen from the alter in the church. It brought the question,:

Are there "Christian thieves" in the Church?
How many are Real Christians in the church?

If you think my perception is to harsh, what is yours?
99% rapturable?

May an atheist came in and stole the phone
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by frank317: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:

The issue of Jesus coming was both a foreknowledge and predestination affair. Why? It has nothing to do with mans choices but Gods choice.

It is really amazing to me to watch u spew all these with so much confidence.

Let me ask u...
If God knows I will eat rice tomorrow, there a possibility that i can use my choice of freedom to eat beans.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
Blackfire:

Lord have mercy.. 99percent of my enemies I have forgiven.

Pls forgive the remaining 1% oh.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
frank317:

May an atheist came in and stole the phone

Did you send one of your boys? LOL
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
frank317:

It is really amazing to me to watch u spew all these with so much confidence.

Let me ask u...
If God knows I will eat rice tomorrow, there a possibility that i can use my choice of freedom to eat beans.
Aren't you fixed within time space?

If God knows that you will eat rice tomorrow, it simply means that God knows what your final ultimate choice will be as per food.

You are however free to make your independent choice. The bottom line is that your choices had been foreseen.

If anyone does not live in our time-space, he can know know every event past, present and future.

Whatever your final choice is is what had been foreknown.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by frank317: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:

Aren't you fixed within time space?

If God knows that you will eat rice tomorrow, it simply means that God knows what your final ultimate choice will be as per food.

You are however free to make your independent choice. The bottom line is that your choices had been foreseen.

If anyone does not live in our time-space, he can know know every event past, present and future.

Whatever your final choice is is what had been foreknown.

that's the problem man, my choice being known before i make them... how is that really my choice if i cant change what was known. am kainda bound by what is known.
Then there is the part where the same person who knows by future bad chioce even before i make them gets angry and surprise when i make the choice he knows.

you used the teach students angle to explain things.. i think the example was not complete.

if a teacher knows the students that will default, the time and kind of ill behaviour... dont you think the school will be much better? He will make a move to hinder this bad choice.. either by taking the right step talk the student, taking off those who will be affected by his ill behaviour, or ensuring he does not gets into the school in the first place. I mean, whats the use of knowing when it does not change anything, whats he doing with this foreknowlegde.

He just enjoys all these powers. forknowledge, omini everything, almighty, yet the world is a shitty place... lucifer is running around and running the show with a small borrowed power... God is all these STRONG THINGS yet we have people like me WHO STILL DON'T BELIEVE HE EVEN EXISTS. I doubt man, I doubt... enough of these excuses for God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:
Shadeyinka, this statement,

proves that you've not gotten what i'm trying to explain.

God knew about the test he was going to set and the outcome. Didn't he?
This alone should end this case but let me try to explain from events you've probably observed:
It's just like a child playing with her toys, setting them up in different scenarios for different roles.
The child has a plan in mind(foreknowledge) and positions her toys accordingly(predestination).

Whether this scenario looks like a test does not change the fact that that was what the child(God in this case) had in mind and then went ahead to bring it to reality.

That child would also express emotions in this scenarios and this does not change the fact that she wanted it to play in that manner(predestination).

I hope this settles your "purpose and emotion" issue.

Shadeyinka other theists i discuss with don't fully incorporate omniscience when arguing for freewill, because it's just simply ILLOGICAL.
I'm surprised that you hold on to this, and don't see any error with it.

Let me give another quick illustration;
Let's say you are that powerful and you are to create a universe with a time-line and you know what would happen in the beginning and end of that time-line and then you went ahead to create it, this very act means nothing in that time-line should surprise you or change from your EXPECTATION.

With this simple explanation i hope you would think harder and stop fully incorporating "OMNISCIENCE" when arguing for freewill, next time.

Actually, this your statement

Show that you didn't understand any of my explanations.

A plan isn't foreknowledge: a plan is more of a predestination and
Positioning of toys according to plan is also a kind of predestination.

Foreknowledge is the ability to observe the future (events yet to occur)
Predestination is the ability to fix the outcome of events in future.

Let me explain with reality TV again:
1. The objective of reality TV series is to select winners having a certain desired trait
2. For this to be, there are challenges introduced by the producers for the purpose of eliminating the undesired participants.
3. No one writes the scripts for each participant (freewill)
4. If perchance the producers could watch the final recording even before the participants are assembled (through a new scientific invention of a time machine), then they have a foreknowledge of winners and losers.
5. The fact that the producers have a foreknowledge does not imply that they gave a script (predestination) to the participants AND they do not control/decide who wins and who looses.

Shadeyinka other theists i discuss with don't fully incorporate omniscience when arguing for freewill, because it's just simply ILLOGICAL

Omniscience simply means knowledge NOT subject to timeline (past, present and future). Foreknowledge is a subset of omniscience (future).

Just like
1. The objective of man creation is to select winners having a certain desired trait
2. For this to be, their are challenges introduced by the producer(GOD) for the purpose of eliminating the undesired participants.
3. No one decides (writes the scripts) for each human being (freewill). Each human has his freedom of choice.
4. Since God had "watched the final recording" even before creation, then He has a foreknowledge of each mans actions
5. The fact that God has a foreknowledge does not imply that he predetermined a persons choices (predestination) AND thus does not control/decide who wins and who looses.

Perfectly LOGICAL

The only problem I see is you shutting out the feasibility of foreknowledge as a subset of omniscience.
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
frank317:

that's the problem man, my choice being known before i make them... how is that really my choice if i cant change what was known. am kainda bound by what is known.
Then there is the part where the same person who knows by future bad chioce even before i make them gets angry and surprise when i make the choice he knows.

you used the teach students angle to explain things.. i think the example was not complete.

if a teacher knows the students that will default, the time and kind of ill behaviour... dont you think the school will be much better? He will make a move to hinder this bad choice.. either by taking the right step talk the student, taking off those who will be affected by his ill behaviour, or ensuring he does not gets into the school in the first place. I mean, whats the use of knowing when it does not change anything, whats he doing with this foreknowlegde.

Let me help you a little to comprehend this.

Lets assume you through a time machine was transported into the year 2030 and you found Nigeria in a bloody civil war which killed 75% of the population through their use of both chemical and biological weapons. Let's assume the war was precipitated because Nnamdi Kanu was executed by Buhari unjustly.

Back to 2017, you now know the future...and Despite all your warnings...

Do you think it would be right for people to blame you if Buhari actually executed Nnamdi Kanu. Are you responsible for the war? Did you orchestrate the war?

SO, YOU SEE THAT FOREKNOWLEDGE IS NOT THE SAME AS PREDESTINATION.

If Buhari had chosen not to Execute KANU, the catastrophe could have been averted. What you pre-saw
when you time traveled to 2030 was a product of Buharis choices NOT yours.

frank317:

He just enjoys all these powers. forknowledge, omini everything, almighty, yet the world is a shitty place... lucifer is running around and running the show with a small borrowed power... God is all these STRONG THINGS yet we have people like me WHO STILL DON'T BELIEVE HE EVEN EXISTS. I doubt man, I doubt... enough of these excuses for God.

What you have just described is your ABSOLUTE freedom of CHOICE. If God gave you a freewill, then, with your will, you should be free to Reject Him. And God should honour your will. So that separated you will be from Him eternally. Your choice.

God allowed evil so that His own by their Choices will reject evil and choose Good and Love. Volition MUST be tested.

If a tree produces good sweet fruit in a bad environment, when transplanted to a good environment, what kind of fruit will it produce?

Conversely, if a tree produces thorns and poisons in a bad environment, what happens when it is transplanted to a good environment?

So also, when a human being choose a life of Love for God and Man in an evil world and ends up in paradise will he become evil?
And when a man lives a life Devoid of Love for God and Man with Evil is taken to paradise will he suddenly become good?
Re: If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind by shadeyinka(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
frank317:

Let me help you a little to comprehend this.

Lets assume you through a time machine was transported into the year 2030 and you found Nigeria in a bloody civil war which killed 75% of the population through their use of both chemical and biological weapons. Let's assume the war was precipitated because Nnamdi Kanu was executed by Buhari unjustly.

Back to 2017, you now know the future...and Despite all your warnings...

Do you think it would be right for people to blame you if Buhari actually executed Nnamdi Kanu. Are you responsible for the war? Did you orchestrate the war?

SO, YOU SEE THAT FOREKNOWLEDGE IS NOT THE SAME AS PREDESTINATION.

If Buhari had chosen not to Execute KANU, the catastrophe could have been averted. What you pre-saw
when you time traveled to 2030 was a product of Buharis choices NOT yours.

frank317:

What you have just described is your ABSOLUTE freedom of CHOICE. If God gave you a freewill, then, with your will, you should be free to Reject Him. And God should honour your will. So that separated you will be from Him eternally. Your choice.

God allowed evil so that His own by their Choices will reject evil and choose Good and Love. Volition MUST be tested.

If a tree produces good sweet fruit in a bad environment, when transplanted to a good environment, what kind of fruit will it produce?

Conversely, if a tree produces thorns and poisons in a bad environment, what happens when it is transplanted to a good environment?

So also, when a human being choose a life of Love for God and Man in an evil world and ends up in paradise will he become evil?
And when a man lives a life Devoid of Love for God and Man with Evil is taken to paradise will he become good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Countdown To The Rapture? / Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / Forget Personal Beliefs And Sentiments, Let Us Discuss The Existence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.