Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Cost Of Decking - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Decking (19911 Views)

Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Decking by Jids(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2009
I will be glad if anyone out there can please give me rough idea of how much will it cost to DECK a 3 bed rooms flat of 2 in Ikorodu and Ajah.

Please let me know if you have done yours recently or have quotation given already for same in Ikorodu or 10km radius. Just want to compare with the quotations given; who knows, I could be having a good deal or yours could be a good bargain.

Much appreciation. Compliment of the season to you all.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
What do u mean by a 3 bedroom flat of two. Is it two different 3 bedroom flats or two 3 bedroom flats like a semi-detached building.

More so, getting quotes here will not be fair with the ones u already have since no one here has seen the building or has an idea of the extent of work.

1) What is the entire size of the building i.e length by breadth. U can get this from the Archi drawings.

2) Is it a frame structure

3) Have the columns been done or not

4) Who is taking care of mechanical and electrical services. Don't 4get this. Is it to be included in the cost. (Pls be careful here, I was just invited to correct a house where the contractor did not consider this mech and elect, I refused because the damage is so bad and the casted slab strong, infact it failed Lag mat test.)

5) I assume is talking about cost of buying materials and executing works.

Send this infos to my mail and I will forward you a good bargain.

Island, Ajah, Ikorodu etc doesn't matter, Lagos is a Megalopolis.

See my mails below
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
[b]You need 5 key things.

Black & White Granite (6 trucks) the large ones, (some people mix the white with red ones, but it doesnt really make any difference)
6 trucks of sharp sand
200 bags of Cement (I am sure you will have some extra bags left after you done, )
I advise you get a carpenter who would come with the planks, woods and bamboo, so he can come back a month later to take everything he used away. Believe me, if you buy those planks and bamboos yourself, they would just liter everywhere and take the entire space in your site. And you will have problem selling them.
You need a good welder (Please note: for your kind of project, you will never use beyond 3 tonnes of 16MM iron)

Since I dont know how close you are located to any of these materials, so it would be totally wrong of me to tell exactly how much it would cost.
But I have worked in Sangotedo and Ijeshatedo in Ajah more than half a dozen times, and the decking I have done never go beyond 1.8 Million naira.
I wouldnt mind visiting your site to give you an estimate. Here's my [/b]
Re: Cost Of Decking by luckyme9(f): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2009
It realy depends on the size, how many flats for example.
Mine cost me about 2million, while my friend that I helped cost
about 1.2 same area.
I remember the guys told me mine was a stadium.
So, if you get more specific, we can give you more ideas.
Re: Cost Of Decking by luckyme9(f): 9:58am On Dec 30, 2009
Since both Design5, Ajileko, and aasog are here, i'm going to ask my questions too.
I'm planning on my raft foundation, to come back for the german floor later,
what's your take? Is this advisable at all? Or it's a no-no
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ luckyme9
Its perfectly Ok.
You need not stress yourself. Infact some people do it intentionally. The idea is if that place is water logged, the reinforced concrete will gradually absorb the water making thereby increasing the workability of the land.

Cheers.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Jids(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2009
Thank you all for your reply & advice and compliment of the season to you all,

I am planing a four flats on a plot at Ikorodu, just decking remaining for now. It is not a waterlogged land.

I think the one at at Ajah is on hold for now as am yet to resolve an issue on this. I reside outside Nigeria and coming home for the decking but will like to know how much money to send for materials/labour. I got a quote of 2million but think this could be too much, that is why am looking for a quote in comparison with what i was given.

Once again, many thanks for your contributions and will love to get more before I make my decision.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2010
Re: Cost Of Decking by Tosola: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
For me, if anybody is giving cost for the decking without the necessary drawings, I think it is vague. Just like Design5 have said, those information will be required to give the right price. I am a builder resident in Ikorodu with my office in surulere, but i will not give cost nor construct a decking without the relevant drawing. So if you have the relevant drawing please supply it so that you can have the right cost. In case you dont have the drawing, it can still be done. For my contact, call 07025693803 or send a mail to brand.specs@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Decking by segcymoor(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2010
i just got dis info due to my busy on site, .i nd to complete a project 4 my client to do Xmas.
Everyone has spoken but quite well. i sense ur drwg is 3 bedrm of 4 units on standard plot, so, it,s easy to get d size. now to do reinforcement slab otherwise known as decking. In d first, as a professional i dont encourage used wood, do u know how many decking d canpeter as used it 4. u will observe some decking dat do ve waves shape, it's a result of used wood. Now, as regards quatatn. i advise u to be very careful, if u are afraid dat people might cheat u, take time to procure mat. urself or appoint someone u can trust. Never u compromise quality esp. on decking eve dis 2m is on low side for me to do a good work i will ask to prerare 4 2.4m
U c u can do decking with 1.5 and with 2.4. d difirent is d beam. some did decking without beam and people live their. but i can'nt
So, my bros. be careful if welder require 3 ton. dont 2. better get d quatatn and take time to face d stress if u can trust
, I design and build live in Ikorodu with office in Lekki47, Shipeolu Street, palmgrove,lagos state Mobile;08023807960
Email:arc1mooredesign@yahoo.com COMPANY PROFILE

MOORE SHELTER DESIGNS is a registered organization in
Nigeria poised to produce elegant and functional Architecture; built to COREN standard. We are concerned about excellent professional standard.

It's a firm made up of relevant professional personnel in Building industry ranging from Architects, Civil Engineer, Quantity surveyor, Building Engineer.

We have experienced and well-grounded workers that sound in Building construction ranging from Artisan,Brick-layer, carpenter, plumber etc.

AIMS & OBJECTIVES
*Prepare modern Architecture with the aid of computer software based on brief given.

*Co-ordinate activities in Building construction, qualities assurance and strategic planning

*Liaise with client on technical issue and progress of work at site.

*Interpret the technicality of the DESIGN to the workers in order to ensure quality of finished task

*Ensuring compliance to the standard of Building Regulation Body

47, Shipeolu Street, palmgrove,lagos state Mobile;08023807960
Email:arc1mooredesign@yahoo.com
Resid;3,Gbolahan Mabunmi Str., Sabo, Ikd., Lagos. Sege.moore@yahoo.com
SuiteG21. Eleganza Complex, Opp. VGC. Lekki, lagos
OMOTAYO, Segun Tony,esq.

Personal Data Sex:Male Date of Birth:13th July,1974
Marital Status: Married State of Orign:Ijesha Isu, Ekiti State
Position in Company: Managing Director/Snr. Architect/Proj. Manager
Experience:2004-TO DATE MOORE SHELTER DESIGNS
*Chief Architect/Team member in Designing MULTI-PURPOSE HALL at D’Jos Hotel, Ijede, Lagos.(Completed as at April, 2008)
Client:Prince Daisi Ajose
*Project Manager of the above Project being completed in early 2008.

*Snr. Architect in Team member in Designing RESIDENTIAL ESTATE along Ibeshe, Ikorodu, Lagos.(Completed as at 2006)
Client:Mr. Debo Ajibade

*Snr. Architect and Project Manager of Team workers in BLOCK OF FLATS at Ijoko-Ota, ogun State. (Under construction as at Dec. 2009)
Client;Mr. Alex.Eweoya

*Snr. Architect/Project Manager of SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT along Lekki-Epe Express way, Awoyaya, Lagos state.(under construction as at 2007)
Client:Mrs. Omowunmi Babatunde

*Project Architect and Project Manager of 5 BEDROOM DUPLEX at Abijon Estate, Lekki, Lagos State.(Completed as at July 2009)
Client:Mr. Delab
……………….To mention but few
Task Perfomed
*Building and Developing Business for the Company
*Develop and sustain good relationship with Client
*Ensuring compliance to the standard of Building Regulation Body
*Planning of Job Execution
*Liaise with Client on the technical issues and progress of work at site

FEB. 1997-JULY 2001 ADEYEMO & ASSOCCIATES
*Assistant to Principal Architect in virtually all Project Executed during this period
*Prepare Working Drawings & Supervision of Project during this period
*Ensuring Compliance to the Standard of Chief Project Manager during this period
*Assign for meetings and Prepare Presentation design for Client.

JAN. 2002-SEPT.,2004 SLY-CEE ASSOCIATES
*Assistant to Principal Architect in virtually all Project Executed during this period
*Prepare Working Drawings & Supervision of Project during this period
*Ensuring Compliance to the Standard of Chief Project Manager during this period
*Assign for meetings and Prepare Presentation design for Client

EDUCATION
2005-2007------Lagos State Polytechnics, Surulere Campus, Lagos
Advance Diploma in Architecture
2007------------University of Lagos
Advance Certificate in AutoCAD &Arch CAD application
2007-2009------Lagos State Polytechnics, Surulere Campus, Lagos
Diploma in Building Technology

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Decking by lastpage: 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
MOORE SHELTER DESIGNS!
Na wa for you o grin
But you forgot to include your Picture and your bank details in this "YOUR C.V." grin grin grin grin
All the same, keep up and keep doing a good job, your reputation will be ur C.Vin the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Decking by KMVBO(m): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2010
I all ,advise needed ASAP because am about to start the project. How many tonnes of Iron do i need to decking a 3 bedroom flat bungalow(rough idea), because my welder is about to kill, he said i needed 4 tonnes of 16mm. PLS ADVISE. Thanx
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2010
[b]KMVBO

If it going to be a normal decking like you see everywhere (in residential buildings), then 4 tonnes is too much. Your welder will never go beyond 2.8 tonnes for the decking and the stairs, but its best you get 3 tonnes, as you could use the rest for your window fenestration, and other things.

Or will the decking be flat with some arch, barrel arch, domical, outshout or conical within it? (These are deckings with special designs within their base). If your architect suggest this fancy and expensive decking, then your welder definitely needs about 4 tonnes of irons.

But please note that for a normal 3 bedbedroom bungalow decking (I mean a 2 unit of 3 bedroom bungalow decking, not 1 unit), you will NEVER use beyong 2.8 tonnes of irons. And why isnt he using 12mm?

Maybe you should try 3 to 4 more welders and get their views. In building, its never a fault to have unlimited options. Im sure he mentioned 12mm to you, and mistakenly wrote 16mm. Try other welders and compare the estimates, and make sure you use 12mm, and he will never exhaust 3 tonnes for such budget, and a tonne cost #91,000 to #100,000 (minus cost of transporting). And dont forget the several dozens of rings and binding wires he will use. Check with other welders, and use my list to query them.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Decking by KMVBO(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
@aasog. Thank you very much, you are right about 12mm, i think he said 12mm. How many in a ton of 12mm?. Again thank u
Re: Cost Of Decking by texasguy1: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2010
@aasog

I need your email to send you the plan we discussed & i pray it wont alter the previous estimate too much
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
sorry here once more: adetund19@yahoo.com
been so busy
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2010
@KMVBO

Please I dont recommend a Do it yourself Approach for a house decking.
Get a professional. If that will be to expensive, a bungalow should be perfect for now. And remember, if you are taking your house above a bungalow, you definitely need a structural drawing from a CORAN certified Engineer or the Lagos State Town Planning people would give you a serious and hard time whenever they are notified of your building. Please no DIY for buildings. Get a professional you can trust.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Tosola: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
Good one Assog,

That is the exact answer we need to be giving those houses can be built without the required proffessional. In case you need one please call 07025693803 or send a mail to brand.specs@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Decking by KMVBO(m): 9:17am On Jan 26, 2010
@aasog. sorry for my trouble. For the same 3 bedroom bungalow decking (rough idea), how many bags of cement do you think might be needed for this project , 'cause i dont want to buy too much of one item and dont have money to buy another. Thank you for your concern
Re: Cost Of Decking by kaluj2: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
aasog:

KMVBO

But please note that for a normal 3 bedbedroom bungalow decking ([b]I mean a 2 unit of 3 bedroom bungalow decking, not 1 unit
[color=#990000][/color]), you will NEVER use beyong 2.8 tonnes of irons. And why isnt he using 12mm?

.[/b]

@ KMVBO what is the difference between 2 unit of 3 bedroom and 1 unit ?
Re: Cost Of Decking by KMVBO(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
@kalu j. I think you should direct the Q to aasog 'cause he wrote that. I believe he meant 2 unit, 2bedroom bungalow( a lounge, 2 bedroom,kitchen and a toilet. Same with 3 unit.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pls can some1 let me know what it will cost to deck a 1 flat, i initially have propose for a 2flat but the cost to start-up was on the high side, i have end up setting up 1flat to decking level now in Ajah axis, please i want to know how much it will cost to decking the flat and material involve.
i have collect an estimate for 1.2m includes 3 tonnes of rod and 200bag of cement and so on......
Re: Cost Of Decking by staintemres(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2014
PLEASE I HAVE A CHALLENGE,
I WOULD WANT TO ESTIMATE A 2 STOREY BUILDING FROM FOUNDATION TO ROOF LEVEL WITHOUT RENDERING.
NOTE
1. THE BUILT UP AREA IS 57 SQM
2. THERE IS NO INTERNAL WALL ONLY STAIR CASES
3. THEIR ARE BEAMS OF 5.225 LENGTH (225 X 600) SIX IN NUMBER ON THE GROUND FLOOR
4. THEIR ARE BEAMS OF 5.225 LENGTH (225 X 450) TWELVE IN NUMBER ON THE FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR
5. THERE ARE 18 COLUMNS (ALL CONTINUOUS TO THE ROOF)
6. CHAINED LINTEL
7. STRIP FOUNDATION
THANKS ALOT
Re: Cost Of Decking by melenehi: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
Please send me a rough estimate quote of decking two unit of three bedrooms flat in Benin city, Edo state, Nigeria. I just want to have an idea of what to expect and I understand estimate can never be exact-it can be more or less but at least let's get the range.

The uploaded is the structure and its plan. Contact information can be sent directly to: melvin.enehizena@yahoo.com/melvin.enehizena@gmail.com

Thanks
ME
Re: Cost Of Decking by Demanchester: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hi guys, I need some one to help estimate the materials needed for decking 2 flats of 2 bedroom.
Re: Cost Of Decking by Demanchester: 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
How many pieces of 16mm makes 1 tone?

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Foundation For 3 Br Flat / Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead / 13 Of The Dumbest Construction Fails Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.