Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment (40969 Views)

Father Mbaka Storms London For A Crusade(photos,video) / Nigerian Bishop Poses With '' Cult During Their Convention (photos) / Nigerian Bishop Reportedly Turn Cold Water To Hot Water In Ebonyi State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by numericalguy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
cyrilamx:
Defenders of "consenting" adults won't grace this thread.
Apologists of "men of god" are humans too will flee from this thread with their tail between their legs.
Protagonists of "touch not my anointed" keypads will be frozen and can't type anything on this thread now cheesy
E-warriors of "where is the evidence" against the pastor / priest will be in state of hibernation.
Apostles of "is he the first" will be in a missionary sojourn far from this thread by now.
Proponents of school of thought that "they want to pull the MOG" down are probably all over Kemi's thread at the moment.

What a shame that a country where religion seems to be one of its largest exports, will condone the lewdity being perpetrated in the sacred places, while supposed less fanatically religious nations mete out justices to those whose actions make the name of God to be reviled.

Guy, I can't stop laughing.

In truth, all those sets of people just disappeared from this thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by SilentBang(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
whoever is patronising that nairabet guy is doing so at their own peril... he ll ask you for 10k and give you rubbish, then he ll ignore you chats on whatsapp...

lost 40k 4days ago cos of this fool.

SCAMMERS EVERYWHERE.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by jamislaw(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
What can i say.

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by SilentBang(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
vickshayo95943:
this is real!!!!

SCAMMER ALERT.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Sanialee: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
ohhh dax naija oooo
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
WHY BAD PEOPLE DEGET INNOCENT FACE.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by jamislaw(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
godunia:
While they are getting convicted in UK, back home the accused are sending the complainant behind bars. It's only in Nigeria a so called man of God is above the law
One day monkey go enta market eno go come back. The truth shall manifest it self one day.

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Xkalaban(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
All this religious ppl perpetrating evil in the name of God. When the wrath of God will descend on you ehh. Ur punishment shall be a thousand times more severe than that of an ordinary sinner.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Xkalaban(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
SilentBang:
whoever is patronising that nairabet guy is doing so at their own peril... he ll ask you for 10k and give you rubbish, then he ll ignore you chats on whatsapp...

lost 40k 4days ago cos of this fool.

SCAMMERS EVERYWHERE.

That's how they all are. I guess it's possible to expose them via the bank account they gave u or reporting them to EFCC. That guy na fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Origin(f): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
Normal things in Africa is what they are calling sexual. Dis people self.....

They will baff u whole to remove curses, pour oil inside veejayjay to discourage barrenness.

Someone cannot even pour small oil on body again?
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Seylad2009(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
uzoclinton:
Bro.. prayer doesn't work.. hard work does and that's why Nigeria will never get there
Bro, you're very right but how will hard work works when we have selfish and corrupt lawmakers (Politicians) that are suppose to create laws that will get our country on the right track.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by eleko1: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
sad sad IPOB.They should transfer those 2 to KUJE. They call Nigeria a zoo while they behave like an animal. That prison suit those 2 criminals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by SilentBang(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Xkalaban:

That's how they all are. I guess it's possible to expose them via the bank account they gave u or reporting them to EFCC. That guy na fraud.

Honestly if its possible to nail him down i dont mind spending more to see to it. Where can i get EFCC in Enugu state who knows please?
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by brojoshua: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
If message is true, then we can learn at least one thing, that as usual ours is a very corrupt country where everyone particularly the rich and great ones among us does whatever pleases him or her and goes free. If our country has been a normal country where there is justice, truth, righteousness and the likes, then many of the great pastors suppose to be in prisons, the one who made propaganda so those that were deceived and who are many came to him to see the miracles he claimed to be doing, and he seeing the large crowds organized the building of quick and unapproved buildings, to accommodate the larger crowd he had enticed by pretense, and the building fell and destroyed so many, another pastors organized another bad structure to accommodate his goats when he wanted to promote himself and add more to his title but the building or stand fell and destroyed many people, And these things have been swept under carpet in a corrupt country Nigeria. If it is a normal country, all these and more will be at least on their way to prison now, but what do we see. Let there be change.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by ManMountain(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
These Onikuje people have sworn to keep tarnishing the country image until Nigeria grant them their wish.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Blessed16(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
OkoYiboz:
Benjamin Egbujor
Rose Nwenwu

These ipod criminals have an abnormal propensity of abusing every good thing. Even sacred things are not left out.
I think this is a setup, my Igbo bros no dey rape person, rape is a native of north
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by plantae(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
uzoclinton:

Photos: Nigerian bishop and his secretary jailed for sexual assaults on teen, woman during private prayer sessions in London

A Nigerian bishop and his female secretary have been jailed after they sexually assaulted a teenage girl and a woman during private prayer sessions at their south London Christian centre.

Benjamin Egbujor, 55, of Harold Avenue, Belvedere, Kent, was sentenced at Inner London Crown Court to three years and four months' imprisonment on Friday, March 31, after he was found guilty of sexual assault and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

Rose Nwenwu, 43, of Thurlestone Road, West Norwood, London, was convicted of helping and encouraging Egbujor in relation to one of his victims, and taking part in that sexual assault herself. She was sentenced to three years’ imprisonment.

The offences took place from March 2011 to January 2013, at the Jubilee Christian Centre in Penarth Street, Peckham, where Egbujor was a bishop.

Officers in the Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Command (SOECA) started an investigation in January 2014 after a teenage girl disclosed to her family she had been abused by Egbujor.
The victim, who was under the age of 16, said Egbujor told her she had been chosen to attend an individual prayer session.
After being taken into his private office, the girl was forced to UnCloth and oil was poured over her.

As a result of further enquiries, officers also interviewed a woman in her 30s who disclosed she had also been sexually assaulted by Egbujor.
The adult victim said Nwenwu, who worked as Egbujor’s secretary, also took part in the sexual assault by taking her clothes off and pouring oil over her.

Egbujor and Nwenwu were both found guilty on March 9 after a five-week trial at Inner London Crown Court.
Egbujor was sentenced to three years' imprisonment for the sexual assault and four months, to be served consecutively, for inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Nwenwu was sentenced to three years' imprisonment for sexual assault and three years, to be served concurrently, for helping and encouraging Egbujor.

Both were made subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will have to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register.
Detective Inspector Angela Craggs, of the Met’s Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Command, said: “Egbujor and Nwenwu exploited the trust of their congregation when they targeted and abused these victims. They believed their position within the church would protect them from facing justice, but the court has held them accountable for their actions. I hope this conviction serves to empower victims of sexual violence to come forward and report to police, and as a warning to offenders who think they can use their position to protect them from the law.”

Police Constable James Bell, of the Met’s Offences and Child Abuse Command (SOECA) said :
"Egbujor and Nwenwu preyed on their victim's vulnerabilities, whilst satisfying their own sexual urges under the guise of private prayer. I commend the victims for their courage and commitment in this case. I fear there may be other victims who have not yet come forward and I urge them or any victim of sexual abuse to tell the police what happened."

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/international/-nigerian-pastor-jailed-in-london-for-sexual-assault/191692.html

I was expecting the bishop to have Igbo but here, he has cone head and he's not Afonja.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Xkalaban(m): 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
SilentBang:

Honestly if its possible to nail him down i dont mind spending more to see to it. Where can i get EFCC in Enugu state who knows please?

Plot 106 Federal Government Collage Road,

Independence Layout,
Enugu,

Nigeria.

This is what I cld find. I don't know if they have a phone number to reach them directly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by SilentBang(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Xkalaban:

Plot 106 Federal Government Collage Road,

Independence Layout,
Enugu,

Nigeria.

This is what I cld find. I don't know if they have a phone number to reach them directly.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Xkalaban(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
SilentBang:

Thanks.

Uwc bro
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Whoeppme(m): 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
This pastor sef

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by RighteousI: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
Seylad2009:
Bro, you're very right but how will hard work works when we have selfish and corrupt lawmakers (Politicians) that are suppose to create laws that will get our country on the right track.
My point exactly, the people at the top are not interested in making the country a better place.... that's why we are stuck right where we are and its likely we will remain lie this..
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by haykes(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ok na man of God be dat, useless people if na naija some zombies go de defend dem
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by seguno2: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
Amebo123:
This is common in naija.

They forget they are in london. Nonsense

Is that why Chris Oyakhilome ran away from London and abandoned his wife and children there?
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by samijay8(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
Na only naija you fit escape that kind of thing like Ogbeni Sule
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by megafone: 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
.... and Alfa Sule still roaming the streets! wink
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by karwa: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
They Think They Can Abuse Innocent Children In The Name Of Religion And Get Away With It Like They Do In Nigeria, These Animals Should Be Kept In Where They Belong-prison For Life,they Are Unsuitable To Live With Humans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
Imams and pedophile

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by chiraqDemon(m): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
rusher14:
Although the court found them guilty from the report above I cannot find exactly what the crime would be especially as relates the adult.

African churches often believe in application of oils and strange paraphernalia whilst carrying out their religious activities.

However, undressing a youngster and touching her in the UK would be considered a sexual offence perhaps not so in some other countries.

Ignorance they say is no excuse .
Doing that is illegal even here in naija
But na naija nau
The victims sef will not talk cos of the stigma they will face from the very family members that should protext them
And the other victims really blive that it is right to get nude and have oils poured over u
And naija sef nor get register for any crime, enter cell sleep one night pay 2k and be free smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by southernbelle(f): 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is nice, in a country where the system works. In our beautiful country Nigeria, this happens everyday with no one batting an eyelid, instead the pastor will be encouraged and revered more.
Re: Nigerian Bishop Jailed In London For Sexual Harassment by TTLegacy: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
Alfa Suleman 2.. Pastors and sex naa 4/2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Ben Ubeh, CAN Chairman Crushed To Death In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.