Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity (12182 Views)

Naira To Trade At 386/$ As CBN Resumes Forex Sale To BDCs / Oil Prices To Crash Further To $15 / Four Banks Trading Below Minimum Liquidity Ratio – MPC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by sakalisis(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2017
Okies
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by KINGwax007(m): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2017
kabayomi:

Lol PhD Economics, Professor ITK what have you achieved with ya life.
many good things that u may not...
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by lilytender: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2017
kabayomi:
Oil prices falling
Reserves dwindling
What we should ask ourselves - is this sustainable? embarassed

When the thing start to go up like rocket our eye go clear

Some people are not used to good news because they grew up in a sad home. When Naira was crashing, you were complaining. Now, Naira is rising you are still complaining. Well, Buhari is not trying to satisfy you, instead, Buhari is trying to fulfill his campaign promises to those of us who believe in him. Dead bones rose again in the Bible, here in Nigeria, dead Naira is rising again because we believe in God that did it in the time of our forefathers and we believe in Buhari whom God has sent to rescue the nation from the claws of treasury looters. For those of you that are praying for the Naira to die, that news will only come from your households.
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by grandstar(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
If 1naira = 1 Dollar and it hv no effect on our goods n services den it has no meaning, upon say naira appreciate from 580-360 things are still on d high side, no effect of it on common man on d street........

Will they not first clear old stock?
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Abudu2000(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Mtcheeew , something that gej dis and didn't even count it as an achievement is what these morons are still fighting to achieve after they made it worse....so they are now trying to solve what they created,not the problems they met on ground, chai i give up, I'm to 3rd mainland bridge
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Reference(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2017
The CBN should crash the dollar even more so I can stock up for the inevitable.
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Beisel4real: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2017
are you this stupid to make claims that are out-rightly false...children of this days sef

kabayomi:
Oil prices falling
Reserves dwindling

Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2017
Rapsainot:

Sometimes the way our leaders think baffles me. For Christ sake why can't we increase the rate of production and stop the fucking dollar fight that will not even benefit the masses? After you finished all the reserves on the war , I wonder what will be left for you to use again. Grrrr this is damn annoying. I'm ashamed of the leaders we have.

Well, increasing the rate of production requires us to make massive investments in power, transport, rail, and educaiton...which may involve us taking massive loans...and strict austerity measures....which are not vote winners in any election in Nigeria.
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Markikus: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
Let it crash. But when is the price of foodstuff crashing?
Meanwhile check me signature
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by mizzyboy007: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2017
who is the illiterate op that posted this poo on nairaland? who is the dullard mod that put it on front page? how can you type "Dollar 2 crash further" and put it as a headline? can't you spell "to"? wasted youths.... wasted generation.

1 Like

Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by wristbangle: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2017
The reason for their boasting is because Brent has increased from $48.01 last week Wednesday to $53.65 this morning. Instead of defending this weak currency which in turn will be to their favour (speculators), why not spend it on critical infrastructure that will develop local industries and increase output of our resources that will surge our export rate which will boost our forex earning.

Though I understand they are defending naira to avoid exorbitant rate of commodities in the market but since the naira appreciation, price of goods has remain unchanged or rather increasing sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2017
Hoarders would still come and tell us a reason why dollar would still be high.
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2017
chimhigher:
I know online earners would be praying 4 it not to drop..Dem love #500 per dollar ehhhhhhh
Honestly, I always receive this dollar vs naira fight with mixed feelings, simply because I earn from both currencies. Regardless, at least for the suffering masses, I hope the naira will appreciate a little, so that inflation could reduce. That notwithstanding, the way CBN is going about it is unsustainable in the long run, the global oil prices is going down, N.delta still remains volatile, production of goods in Nigeria is still depressed, diversification has remained just rhetoric. Finally, naira stabilizing below 350 to a dollar may not be achievable going by the indices.
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by khalids: 9:45am On Apr 03, 2017
Rapsainot:

Sometimes the way our leaders think baffles me. For Christ sake why can't we increase the rate of production and stop the fucking dollar fight that will not even benefit the masses? After you finished all the reserves on the war , I wonder what will be left for you to use again. Grrrr this is damn annoying. I'm ashamed of the leaders we have.
Obviously you don't know how financial systems work
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by gonkin(m): 10:27am On Apr 03, 2017
Its gotta come down cuz even Naija used cars dont sell for less than a million anymore
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by blackpanda: 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
kabayomi:
Oil prices falling
Reserves dwindling

Please dont say rubbish. Nigerian foreign reserves appreciated by $4Billion in this first quarter.
If you dont know something, be quiet ok
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by eflintsone(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
sapientia:
just keep pumping dollars when you know your only source of it is not stable...

Ndi trial and error policy.
give us your own solution pls
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by piagetskinner(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
we need to diversify our economy....not with mouth but by sustainable action
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by BigIyanga: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
KINGwax007:
is it the leaders or the idiots who riots when govt tries to ban importation of things we can produce locally?

Suddenly, all blames goes to the presidency and their 'anti-masses' policy, instead of us accepting the hardship, once and for all!
You are the real idiot if you think that banning importation would improve Naira over dollar.. your phones and clothes are imported!! Are you willing to go years with out phones unti Naija starts making phones??

1 Like

Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by shurlermoz(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
The govt and CBN should find a lasting solution to this forex issue, we cant be living at the mercy of black market operators.
So if CBN did not pump money into the market now they wld just start raising the price again?
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Rapsainot:

sometimes the way u think baffles me. Do u govt can increase production in one or two yrs?
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by Rapsainot(m): 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
charliboy654:

sometimes the way u think baffles me. Do u govt can increase production in one or two yrs?
You are the one that should check your thinking here. Is this the 1st here we are having a govt
Re: Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity by KINGwax007(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
BigIyanga:

You are the real idiot if you think that banning importation would improve Naira over dollar.. your phones and clothes are imported!! Are you willing to go years with out phones unti Naija starts making phones??
stop calling ur dad a real idiot. It's bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corporate Affairs Commission Public Database / Enter Here If You Want To Make up to 100,000 naira Before Xmas. / Be Solution Oriented If You Want To Make It In Any Business – Ibeh, Swiss Metrot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.