Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

She Loved Me When I Was Broke. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Loved Me When I Was Broke. (956 Views)

Woman Commits Suicide Because A Man She Loved Chose Her Best (photo) / Meet Willie XO: His Girlfriend Left Him When He Was Broke, Eloped With Rich Man / Lady Reveals How She Spent The 20k Her BF Gave Her When She Was Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by illustriousson(m): 12:49am On Apr 03, 2017
I will summarize this because I don't read long epistles on nairaland too,there was this girl I met when I was broke,I met her not long after I graduated from the university,I was unemployed and broke but she never treated me like a broke dude,she loved me and treated me like a king even when i couldn't give her money or take her out for treats,I never knew there were girls like her out there,she would come over and make me happy,she told me everything will be alright,then things actually became alright,I got a good job with a good Pay,I was happy,I thought it was time to take care of her,I thought it was time to show her how much I love her and how much I appreciate her for standing by me when I was dead broke.
then she changed,she stopped loving me like she used to,I think she's in love with someone else now,she doesn't care about me anymore,I don't know what to do.
I feel indebted to her,I feel she deserves all I have to offer materially now,I feel she's the only that deserves my love and affection.
It's hard for me to let go of her,I lover her,her type is rare,I don't want another girl in my life,I don't want a total stranger that doesn't know how rough things used to be for me,I want to spend my life with the girl that used to be there for me,but I don't have her attention anymore,it's killing me,what can I do ?,candid advises please
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by sirusX(m): 12:53am On Apr 03, 2017
Love just doesn't evaporate into thin air...it's the steps you take in nurturing it that matters the most

When did you notice her affection was withdrawn from you?

Then try to recall anything you must have done that might have been things she frowned against

Also, how do you know she's with another guy, or maybe she's just going through a though moment where she needs to be alone

1 Like

Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by mazizitonene(m): 12:53am On Apr 03, 2017
hmm......have you talked to her....what are her reasons for the sudden change.....now wey u Don hammer......abi is she only attracted to poverty ? undecided
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by enuk80(m): 2:20am On Apr 03, 2017
i rather advise u talk to her but dont try to make her come back because you have arrived..just be yourself and listen to her conversation.from there u should be able to no if she still want to be with u or not...but if she doesnt want to be with u, just move on and try to help her back for the those time she was there by your side wen u had nothing...but pls dont force her neither should u bug her or look so desperate...

#we cant predict girls attitude....maybe she has gotten someone else...just saying but just be yourself and safe yourself from heartbreak now that u are doing fine with ur life before it affects ur job
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 03, 2017
The men above have all given candid 2 cents
Communication is the key
And also check yourself.there's every possibility she would tell you that "you've changed" since things got better but let her understand that change is constant and that you're still that same person with all the good traits and character but in better shoes now.
Once again communication is key. If she truly loved you then you need to find out what happened. She sounds like a real home builder.
But then again I said it myself, change is constant
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15am On Apr 03, 2017
@illustriousson
If someone do NOT desire to be with you any longer then, as hard as it may be, you have to let her go.
There are many women like her out there, you just have to find them.
BTW, if she is indeed cheating, then she isn't as "great" as you thought she was.
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by DaySpringer: 5:53am On Apr 03, 2017
Maybe she Thought You were a project and now that you have been Completed

It's time for her to move on.
Also note that Women never just Withdraw like that, if You're seeing the Signs now it means that she has been drifting slowly away for some weeks now.
perhaps a dude on the side was the reason for her patience but you just never Noticed.
Re: She Loved Me When I Was Broke. by uboma(m): 6:14am On Apr 03, 2017
@ illustriousson,

You need to stop feeling indebted to her.

When you secured a better job, you did not abandon her. According to you, you want to make up for those times she stood by you when you had nothing. But since she is not returning your love, you have to move on bro.

I have this feeling that she may return to you in the future but then, it may be too late for her....

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost Someone You Had Feelings For? / This Is The Position Men Love The Most ''see Video'' / Do You See Sex As A Sin Or An Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.