Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch (16571 Views)

328 New COVID-19 Cases, 161 Discharged And 10 Deaths On June 5 - (1,935 Tested) / Children Suffering From Meningitis Lying On The Floor In Zamfara (Photos) / Meningitis Outbreak In 16 States In Nigeria. See Affected States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by tripoli007(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2017
as long as its Northerners dying I don't give a bleeping Bleep,they can continue to die from today till forever .. I don't bleeping care ..They have caused so much nuisance already ,from boko haram to Fulani herdsmen ..bunch of miscreants and holligans
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by barclayb(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2017
angry
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by yomi007k(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2017
tribalistseun:
Na wa o. Let's vote for Tboss she has the mind of helping little children. SMS Vote TBoss to 32052
grin

So na she go help fight meningitis? Haha
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by babablogger: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2017
johnson232:

True...this administration is headed by selfish people, only concerned about their selfish interest. I pray dey lose in 2019.
Oga johnson the last administration wasn't bah or na the govt carry the disease come
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by yomi007k(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2017
angry

This easy meningitis wey me n my chiefs dey treat like moi moi for sokoto dt year na hin don turn endemic?

End time has come.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

The Northern leaders are just useless and worthless

The North have produced like 5 Nigerian Presidents yet they have the highest rate of unemployment, starvation, terrorism, disease, illiteracy

We don't ask them to do anything for other tribe in Nigeria, what we want is for them to take care of their tribe, develop their tribe, bring their tribe to light, build infrastructure in their tribe

And the sad thing is that all of these brainless Northerners still support and stand firm for APC and Buhari
enjoy ur ban,i just have to ban u for this
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by chimhigher(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Totally incomplete post,cs to me u didnt pass more message,First of all truout d writeup u didnt even say waht meningitis is,nt erry1 dah reads this knows waht it is
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by MrEgbegbe(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Oreoo:
enjoy ur ban,i just have to ban u for this

If i slap you, will you cry ??
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by bionixs: 11:21am On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

The North have produced like 5 Nigerian Presidents yet they have the highest rate of unemployment, starvation, terrorism, disease, illiteracy

We don't ask them to do anything for other tribe in Nigeria, what we want is for them to take care of their tribe, develop their tribe, bring their tribe to light, build infrastructure in their tribe

And the sad thing is that all of these brainless Northerners still support and stand firm for APC and Buhari
this is just meningitis o! God please,may ebola never again know where Nigeria is located in the world map in a time like this with this crop of leaders we have now

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by EnkayDezign: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I'm guessing by your comment you're a tribalist oga park well.

On a more serious note though, an epidemic doesn't discriminate and can hit wherever. The Govt needs to step up health care service delivery to remote areas in the country. Pretty sad week, may the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Geeflow(m): 11:23am On Apr 03, 2017
goldedprince:
this is what happens when people eat useless animals like snakes, monkeys and any shit they see in the forest in the name of bush meat
na today people start to dey eat bush meat? gerrarahia undecided mhe
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by positivelord: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2017
This is a very serious sickness...see as it turn the guy eyes to the color of MTN recharge card.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by cybriz82(m): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
Buhari is a vagabond

n a joker.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by MrEgbegbe(m): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2017
bionixs:
this is just meningitis o! God please,may ebola never again know where Nigeria is located in the world map in a time like this with this crop of leaders we have now

How old are you ??

Ebola never occurred in Nigeria

Mention the names of the people that got Ebola and mention the names of the people that died of Ebola
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2017
I didn't know this disease is as serious as this!
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by mmsen: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2017
I seem to remember Nigeria fighting Ebola swiftly and efficiently not so long ago.

What has happened since then?
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by mmsen: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2017
bionixs:

Nigeria dealt with Ebola better than anyone.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by mmsen: 11:42am On Apr 03, 2017
gurunlocker:
I always thank God that Ebola didn't happen during this administration, it would have been disastrous!

It's already disastrous.

Fulani terrorists, the remnants of Boko Haram, meningitis and the return of Kwashiorkor.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by signz: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2017
gurunlocker:
I always thank God that Ebola didn't happen during this administration, it would have been disastrous!

My brother Pre-2015 elections this thread would've gotten to 5 pages under 30 minutes before it even hits front page because it would have been GEJ's fault.

But alas in 2017 its no longer the President's fault.

That we have a humanitarian crisis in the NE is no longer the President's fault in 2017 because the bulk no longer stops at his desk.

However, its sad that over 300 lives have been lost needlessly because of a combination of wickedness, incompetence and corruption.

May God have mercy on Nigeria and May the dead RIP.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
gurunlocker:

My bro, those were my exact thoughts when I opened this thread.

GEJ for all all his perceived flaws was an action man who knew how to snynergise all of Nigeria's resources in times of need.

If Ebola had happened during Buhari's time, it would have taken two weeks to set up a committe, two weeks to draw up a plan and another two weeks to implement said plan. By the time the government finally rouses from sleep, the death toll would be in the thousands, crippling our economy and making many people orphans, widows, childless etc.

Meningitis isn't as communicative as ebola and yet the death toll has hit 500 plus. Let's also not forget how Lassa fever took two thousand souls in from December 2015 - February 2016.

Buhari is a colossal failure on all fronts.

Once again: Glory be to God that we were not beset by Ebola during Baba-Go-Slow's regime.

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by donodion(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
What in God's name is Ministry of health doing about this outbreak spreading so freely?. Heatwave is no excuse as that was just the trigger.
The underlying source is there and out to be under check and control. Meningitis are of two types... viral and Bacterial infection..both affects the meninges.

This cases should have been curtailed before it starts spreading from state to state, due to human and animal migration ( cattle herders)....16 states already..Haba!!!.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Mrsugoeba: 11:51am On Apr 03, 2017
grin
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Ralphlauren(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2017
sisisioge:
Chai! No wonder it got spread like wildfire in the north, those peeps can spite on their mothers! They just roll the thing off their throats and dump it anywhere! I've been hit once before in Jigawa! It is well.

May the God Lord cleanse the land and make the sick whole again. Amen.

Northerners spit too much. Just too much.

Why they do it, I'm yet to understand.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by sisisioge: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Northerners spit too much. Just too much.

Why they do it, I'm yet to understand.

Their spitting no get part two. They can spit near their cooking pots!

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by eflintsone(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

starvation is one false tin i object to , all states i hv visited in the north i hv not seen an extremely hungry pesin or family cos majority of them feed on what they plant, with 150naira u can make tuwo and kuka soup , thats is not possible in this our region, some dnt even spend to feed cos dey just walk to the farm and fetch food, the house i stayed zogolay leaves grow and which we use in making salad or soup, so ur talk of starvation is false go and make ur findings or visit some regions pls ...
secondly illiteracy , i am shocked wen i hear u pple say hausa dont get educated ,i later realised that most higher institutions in the north are well dominated by the northerners themselves and i come back home and wonder where the hausa pple wey dem say dem no dey go school ... nysc corpers dat got posted to teach in school even come back to tell u that u have more of hausas in the schools...sometimes we gat to visit some places before coming out to lay false talks..tnks
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by eflintsone(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
tripoli007:
as long as its Northerners dying I don't give a bleeping Bleep,they can continue to die from today till forever .. I don't bleeping care ..They have caused so much nuisance already ,from boko haram to Fulani herdsmen ..bunch of miscreants and holligans
what if God almighty decides to take your life ?? do u have any power to stop him ... your tongue keeps and kills you , watch what u say ...bye
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by eflintsone(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
this igbos are always happy to see any negative news that come from the north , u see dem posting all sort of curses and insults, ebola seriously hit sierra leone,liberia.. sas hit some part of asian rich nations, bird flu hit some parts of south america..all this pple did was to make it qwench down..but here in nija some set of pple want it to continue as long as it does nt hit dem and der tribe, u see dem even layin curses and b merry...i dey talk to some dumb igbos wey no fit stay der towns but travel up to the north dey so much hate...stay ur towns if una hate hausas nd north so much
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

If i slap you, will you cry ??
whateva?but just enjoy it
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Peace2love: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
May God help us ooh. I once took the vaccine during my NYSC @ Jigawa state. The weather there is toooo hot. Government should pls make the vaccine available ASAP.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by emi14: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Everything about federal government is for north. Oil blocks for north. Billionaires for north.illiteracy, violence, child abuse, terrorism, hunger and starvation, diseases and sicknesses of all models for north. An average northerner prays 6times daily yet God seems unavailable in that land.
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Slonge2:
I give up, let us sell this country to china

I challenge you that if Nigeria is sold to China, in just 2 years, Nigeria will look like Europe..
Re: Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch by onyxo76(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
this is really getting serious , to treat and examine patients sef don dey fear me especially those spiking high-grade fevers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Health Workers Strike Grounds Hospital Services In Kaduna State / Young 200 Level AAU Medicine Student Dies After Complaining Of Headache / Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.