Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN (27272 Views)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) / Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by ebusfav: 10:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Those who don't believe that God exist in Nigeria, have registered as a corporate body at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).

And the first body they petitioned after their registration, is the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/atheist-society-of-nigeria-register-as.html

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by AK6464(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2017
Crime: Just the perfect section

13 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by MrEgbegbe(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
God doesn't exist

He created Adam and Eve which were the first people ever created, Adam and Eve had children, their children had children, the children must have had sex with their mother and sisters

Another super story, a virgin got impregnated by a holy spirit, hahahahahahha

We have been waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus for 1 million years now and he's still busy arranging for the flight that will take him to earth

If you don't believe in God, you will go to hell fire, what kind of fire is in there ?? It has been flaming for 6 million years now non stop and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ??

God loves his children, meanwhile he's sitting in his chair made of diamonds and gold and his children are on earth dying of starvation

Go tell that stupid story to primary school kids

96 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Richie0974: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by henrydadon(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
grin

where is seun..we should go and register

we must eradicate religion in this country..our people need to wake up..look at the northern part of nigeria..y'all know how under-develop that place is because of religion..they wont go to school rather they will cram all the verse in the quran...for what exactly? to recite to allah when they get to heaven?

look at the woman who just abandon her daughter simply because a 'man of God' told her daughter is a snake..that woman derseve to be flogged then the pastor need to be jailed..

we are years behind of other other countries simply because of religion.

i weep for africa..

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by snezBaba: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Oshey, Awon ti seun osewa....
So who's their president, make the spiritual leaders pay him a welcome visit.
*Evil smile* cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Craigston: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
On what grounds was the MDCN petitioned? It's disappointing that their first move would be this. OP ebusfav, tell us what the petition entails, if you have information on that.

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Mrsugoeba: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Should be part of them

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Tastemoney(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Kul
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Jonjerrie(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
association of psychopaths

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
If this is what will bring a revolution of conscientiousness in the land, I say ride on folks!

Who religion don epp for this country?

If this is the step that will take us to greater heights of conscious morality -- a clime where consideration for your fellow man, a disdain for ill-gotten wealth, overreaching brotherly love, shelving of ethnic and tribal prejudices, then it is the right step.

But Nigerians distrust atheists. An atheist is almost an enemy of the state. The reason is because most people in this country cannot fathom a situation whereby a mere mortal questions the existence of a supreme being.

Did anyone read that story about the guy from Kano state who was commited to a mental asylum by his rich Alhaji father because he was an outspoken atheist? That is how the majority of our people operate.

Me, I am neither here or there. I go to church but I do not let religious leaders direct the flow of my morality or predilections. That is the way I feel it should be.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Amoxman(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
hmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Idrismusty97(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
As someone who is irreligious i don't support this. We are not different from the religious institutions we condemn if we do this. We don't need a union or anything, In fact they is no "WE". The whole essence of being an Atheist is to be rational, To be logical, To be a freethinker. We don't need anyone to think for us not even fellow atheists. A science organization should petition the Medical society not the atheist. Soon the so called Atheist society would be marred in Bureaucracy typical Nigerian fashion, The higher ups would be honour and revere like pastors or religious leaders, The rest of the atheists will have no choice but to accept whatever decision the higher ups make. They would be seen as the representation of atheism in Nigeria. And then a new religion would be born, all what we have condemn. But all in all this is progress, only in the wrong manner.

henrydadon:
grin

where is seun..we should go and register ?

we must eradicate religion in this country..our people need to wake up..

look at the woman who just abandon her daughter simply because a 'man of God' told her daughter is a snake..
I used to think like this before, maybe this is your point of view as an atheist but not all atheists should have the same point of view. Eradicating religion isn't our goal, Not mine at least.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by babablogger: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Nice move we all choose to believe in what we want
Muslims - Allah
Christians-Jesus
Chinese - Buddha.........etc

And we all argue Our own God is legit imagine you were born into a religion other than the one you are practicing now or you were born in china you would probably be a Buddhist and you would see the gods of others as a false god

This is to all those that believe atheists are wrong believe same way you say things to prove God exists there are also evidence of his non existence

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Sagacity07: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Hey! you are free to make your choice but as for me, rigorous exegesis makes me believe there is indeed a God that does exist!!!

Nii oro rampe, moo gbagbo nii Jesu

22 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by ekems2017(f): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
My nairaland atheist go happy wel wel

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by tripoli007(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
ndi efulefu .. many are mad but few are roamimg
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Mcowubaba: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Seun right now

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by hakeem4(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Okay
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by whirlwind7(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Funny thing with us is....

When foreigners bring their religion to us, we gladly accept it.
After several centuries and a section of them feel that belief in a heavenly being isn't that cool anymore, they throw around the idea of atheism, and black men without a spiritual identity and a mind of their own will follow suit.
These unstable folks have taken it a step further to get registered. Many of them would be same set of people who defended the existence of God. They just got bored. Remember, for anyone to be an atheist, he was once a theist in the past.
Just bandy round any form of religion, and you are definitely going to have soulless morons who will become followers.

Have you guys noticed that adherents of African traditional religions stick to their dogma or doctrine? They are not unstable like proponents or opponents of God.
That should tell you something.
Be original. We are all gods. Don't go searching for "truths" that would only get you demoralized.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by lovingyouhun: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Hmmmmmm, OK ooooooo. What did MDCN do to them now? Did their member die recently? I don't understand
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Seun has to be their PRO
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by GloriaNinja(f): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
End time Atheism
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by princeonx: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
They no even get Limited or PLC!
They still be small company and they just register.

Jesus has it all! Since yesterday! Today! And forever!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by sisisioge: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
Ha! Igboro ti daru. As they come petition medical board nkor? Wetin dem talk say those ones do? It is well o.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by yomi007k(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
snezBaba:
Awon ti seun osewa....

Give me ur house address, I dey come BAN u for 9 months till ur woman deliver.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
Abeg, how can someone go about registering with them??

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Kondomatic(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
Thank God I am not a Christian - Nairaland Atheist

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
I actually don't know why they've petitioned MDCN, but

This won't land well on many.by reading the word "ATHEIST"

SEE them, Already venting anger above grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria / Plateau Christians Defy Killings, Worship In Burnt Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.