Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN (27337 Views)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) / Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by hopefulLandlord: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
A88C:
i suppose you are an athiest. do you have a family or freind in the millitary and have also engage in feild battle?if so ask him what is the mindset of an army at war vs an army at barrack.

this question of yours shows you didn't peruse the thread cuz it was fully addressed in that thread
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this question of yours shows you didn't peruse the thread cuz it was fully addressed in that thread
it is a dead thread give your understanding here and let go about it.i understand what is foxholes
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by CatfishBilly: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
A88C:
it is a dead thread give your understanding here and let go about it.i understand what is foxholes
How can you not read a thread and declare it dead? undecided
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Omonigeriarere: 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:
God doesn't exist

He created Adam and Eve which were the first people ever created, Adam and Eve had children, their children had children, the children must have had sex with their mother and sisters

Another super story, a virgin got impregnated by a holy spirit, hahahahahahha

We have been waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus for 1 million years now and he's still busy arranging for the flight that will take him to earth

If you don't believe in God, you will go to hell fire, what kind of fire is in there ?? It has been flaming for 6 million years now non stop and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ??

God loves his children, meanwhile he's sitting in his chair made of diamonds and gold and his children are on earth dying of starvation

Go tell that stupid story to primary school kids

The irony of it all is that Africa especially Yorubas believe in the existing of God and he'll fire before the invention of white religion(s).

Get it right.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
mickeyrova:
Man dey still find way to blow bro..u?
eh nor be small tin oo...
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
CatfishBilly:

How can you not read a thread and declare it dead? undecided
dear my friend, copy the most logical arguement there and post it here and let go about it
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by hopefulLandlord: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
A88C:
warisdis? you haven't read the thread and its dead?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

warisdis? you haven't read the thread and its dead?
i just read it now,it was posted last year therfore no more follower or veiwer.do me a favour,post the most logical argument there and let go about it.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Gerald620: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Jesus is salvation. Everything is evident in the Bible.
I fear for this ill-notion body.
Well, some people perish for the lack of wisdom
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
in as much as there is freedom of association, I really don't think nigerians are quite ready for atheism, even now that people still have where to base their morality on, there is so much evil in the land, just imagine when one is not bound by anything in conduct and in character, and Os allowed to draw judgement based on his state of mind at a particular point in time, let's just see how this pans out for them
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by hopefulLandlord: 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
A88C:
i just read it now,it was posted last year therfore no more follower or veiwer.do me a favour,post the most logical argument there and let go about it.

all the arguments there are logical, read all my posts on the first page

there are stories of atheists soldiers who remained one even when there was threat to their lives

I've gone through life threatening situations and at no point did I pray to a god and there are many like me and those soldiers
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by hopefulLandlord: 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
2dugged:
in as much as there is freedom of association, I really don't think nigerians are quite ready for atheism, even now that people still have where to base their morality on, there is so much evil in the land, just imagine when one is not bound by anything in conduct and in character, and Os allowed to draw judgement based on his state of mind at a particular point in time, let's just see how this pans out for them

theJapanese worship a deistic version of god, aka a god that created them but didn't tell them what's right and wrong yet the Japanese were able to discern what's right and wrong and Japan is one of the most peaceful countries in the world

you do not need any god to be good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

theJapanese worship a deistic version of god, aka a god that created them but didn't tell them what's right and wrong yet the Japanese were able to discern what's right and wrong and Japan is one of the most peaceful countries in the world

you do not need any god to be good
in as much as I would love to believe you, this is Nigeria we are talking about, I know so many people who Christianity has tamed that you begin to hear things like " if it was when I was in the world, if not for God" and so on,don't also forget that religion is not the only problem drawing us back in this country, so the comaprism with Japan is flawed in a way
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Odinz(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:
God doesn't exist

He created Adam and Eve which were the first people ever created, Adam and Eve had children, their children had children, the children must have had sex with their mother and sisters

Another super story, a virgin got impregnated by a holy spirit, hahahahahahha

We have been waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus for 1 million years now and he's still busy arranging for the flight that will take him to earth

If you don't believe in God, you will go to hell fire, what kind of fire is in there ?? It has been flaming for 6 million years now non stop and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ??

God loves his children, meanwhile he's sitting in his chair made of diamonds and gold and his children are on earth dying of starvation

Go tell that stupid story to primary school kids

All I see here is a complete lack of understanding. No worries, I now know why Apostle Paul wrote 'God in his wisdom took delight in using what the world considered dumb—preaching, of all things!—to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation.

Be careful what you say, not all would be forgiven!
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

there are stories of atheists soldiers who remained one even when there was threat to their lives

I've gone through life threatening situations and at no point did I pray to a god and there are many like me and those soldiers
seroiusly you are not doing justice to this.i am less concern about your life threatng situatatin. i am much concern about your logical argument
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
Is it a limited compoany? Or a society?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
ipodstinks:
sorry, I did not biliv in god, I believe in God. get that, I don't folking care if you don't believe in God. God exists, when you die or any of your families dies, raise him up urself
. that your amputees, were they born that way?, definitely no. so if you by accident gets amputated, you will want the same God dat does not exist to u heal you. u r brain needs sterilization with very high temperature.
You're obviously confused.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

You're obviously confused.
As in!! grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Lotechi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
why waste so much energy to prove that God does not exist? Followers of Jesus are no fools. we av seen and felt his love and compassion!!!
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by DonaTee(f): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
mickeyrova:

They are dead on arrival. I really need to see deir evidences. They claim they r logical thinkers yet they jus show deir illiterate logic
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
ipodstinks:
sorry, I did not biliv in god, I believe in God. get that,
Obviously, you're confused. What's the difference between a god with small g and a god with capital G?
I guess ya response would be, cos I serve a living god, almighty and powerful. Mr man, i could choose to refer to ya god as any whether God or god.
To a Buddhist, ya God is spelt with small g cos theirs is believed to be the Supreme according to them.
I don't folking care if you don't believe in God.

Why kill yourself over small g & capital G matter? Yeye dae smell.
God exists, when you die or any of your families dies, raise him up urself
Is it that you aint making use of ya brain or ya brain has gone to sleep like Felixomor use to say?
You cited oxygen as an evidence for the existence of ya god and I refuted by saying oxygen could be synthetised.
You further brought up another analogy, and I said fine, "since you serve a living god, cut ya head and see if he would resurrect you back to life".
Here you are citing another silly example....

Anyways, I believe ya families have been serving God for more than 100years....
Have any of ya dead relatives been raised back by that same god you claim to serve.? Why don't he raise someone from ya family so as to prove he's god.

You come online ranting and wailing how powerful ya god is.. Go and siddon joor

that your amputees, were they born that way?, definitely no. so if you by accident gets amputated, you will want the same God dat does not exist to u heal you. u r brain needs sterilization with very high temperature.
And those that were born that way, how many have ya god healed?...

Sorry to say, it's even more easy for a all powerful god to heal a amputated limb than to magically fix a limb that has never been formed...

Next time, before you engage into arguments, bring valid points not lame sentences like this
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
A88C:
dear my friend, copy the most logical arguement there and post it here and let go about it
Why not create a thread for logical argument and summon the atheists.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Na you dae follow am yarn story. He should create a thread to engage us into logical argument naw
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by rhektor(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
lpiffy:
na wah ooo. who be their leader?

Seun should be their chairman
Eyehategod should be deputy chairman
Akintom should be their PRO
ETC
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Godstraight(m): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I disagree

"Tell me an atrocity committed by a non-believer, that couldn't have been committed by a believer. You can't think of any can you? Now tell me an atrocity committed by a believer that could ONLY have been committed by a believer. You've already thought of one. Now you've thought of another..."
really tell me the atrocities commited by believers that have Neva been commuted non believers
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by TheEminentLaity: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
A most welcome petition. I was irate when I learnt my sick uncle was told seek healing in church by medical personnel at a hospital.
This scourge of Christianity going on here needs to be checkmated. Honestly. Didn't know the extent it had gone to degrade and dehumanise our people.
Some people may disagree with the atheist association but this cause is a valid one and must be supported and encouraged.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
Godstraight:
really tell me the atrocities commited by believers that have Neva been commuted non believers
Lemme no talk now, B4 you say am harsh.

Read the text again & get the gist.
The purpose of the quote implies that, non-believers do bad just like every believers.

But the rate of believers bad act is higher as compared to atheists....

Hope you get it. Meaning morality is subjective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by felixomor: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

Obviously, you're confused. What's the difference between a god with small g and a god with capital G?
I guess ya response would be, cos I serve a living god, almighty and powerful. Mr man, i could choose to refer to ya god as any whether God or god.
To a Buddhist, ya God is spelt with small g cos theirs is believed to be the Supreme according to them.

Why kill yourself over small g & capital G matter? Yeye dae smell.

Is it that you aint making use of ya brain or ya brain has gone to sleep like Felixomor use to say?
You cited oxygen as an evidence for the existence of ya god and I refuted by saying oxygen could be synthetised.
You further brought up another analogy, and I said fine, "since you serve a living god, cut ya head and see if he would resurrect you back to life".
Here you are citing another silly example....

Anyways, I believe ya families have been serving God for more than 100years....
Have any of ya dead relatives been raised back by that same god you claim to serve.? Why don't he raise someone from ya family so as to prove he's god.

You come online ranting and wailing how powerful ya god is.. Go and siddon joor

And those that were born that way, how many have ya god healed?...

Sorry to say, it's even more easy for a all powerful god to heal a amputated limb than to magically fix a limb that has never been formed...

Next time, before you engage into arguments, bring valid points not lame sentences like this

U r switching to obsession.....
Gradually

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Godstraight(m): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

Lemme no talk now, B4 you say am harsh.

Read the text again & get the gist.
The purpose of the quote implies that, non-believers do bad just like every believers.

But the rate of believers bad act is higher as compared to atheists....

Hope you get it. Meaning morality is subjective
yes morality is subjective, but the ratio thing is not true,if for example a country where Christains are majority there is a high majority of them in prison,in similar case a been Buddhist filled country has Buddhist prisons,in the US for instance less 1/10th prisoners are athiest this corresponds to the percent of atheist in USA(5-7%)
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
Godstraight:
yes morality is subjective, but the ratio thing is not true,if for example a country where Christains are majority there is a high majority of them in prison,in similar case a been Buddhist filled country has Buddhist prisons,in the US for instance less 1/10th prisoners are athiest this corresponds to the percent of atheist in USA(5-7%)
Now what does ya response pass across? That even in religious countries like USA, the crime rate is higher as compared to the percentage of crime committed by atheist.

Now go to Arab countries, same thing.

Hope you now get the gist or need further break down?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
felixomor:

U r switching to obsession.....
Gradually
Sorry bro I had no intention of mentioning ya. My keypad auto completed ya ID.

No vex joor
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN by felixomor: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

Sorry bro I had no intention of mentioning ya. My keypad auto completed ya ID.

No vex joor

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / Crowd And Security Greet Prophet Odumeje As He Triumphantly Enters Ukpo, Anambra / Prophet TB Joshua's Funeral Service Updates (July 5th - Sunday 11th July, 2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.