Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? (1190 Views)

Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? / When Will EFCC Investigate Ben Murray-Bruce's NTA Tenure? / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
If Cecilia Ibru's 28 house are to be seized (which is good) why not Muttalab's?
How did he get 2-4 million pounds to buy an apartment for his son in high brow central London?
How many other houses does he own in Yemen, Dubai, London and elsewhere?

These are the questions we need to ask, and not go about accusing every northerner/muslim of being a potential terrorist.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by beninman1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
Same question i asked on another thread and some idiot called it a daft question.
But no need to dwell on the idiot.

I completely agree with you. I am curious as to how a banker acquired a 4 million pound apartment in central london.
I am not suggesting anything shady but i am extremely curious
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2009
$2-4 million pound home? Where do we get these numbers from?
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by MrCrackles(m): 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
benin-man:

Same question i asked on another thread and some slowpoke called it a daft question.
But no need to dwell on the slowpoke.

I completely agree with you. I am curious as to how a banker acquired a 4 million pound apartment in central london.
I am not suggesting anything shady but i am extremely curious

You are an imbecilic fuc.ktard. . .I know it is me you are calling a "slowpoke"
Now that Mekuxss has opened a thread on the issue i will address it here. . .
It only takes a few thousand pound monthly repayment to pay a mortgage on a few million pound property
If Mutallab who is reported to earn some nice money as the former supremo of First Bank and from other businesses he owns then -
A few thousand pound monthly repayment wont be a lot for him to meet. . .
However information are still sketchy, the property could have been rented. . . .So you guys shouldnt be too quick to conclude!
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by SEFAGO(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2009
so hw many years will he be paying for that house? I hope u knw naija politicians dont do mortgage, that is a white middle class concept
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sanusi would be stealing money from the bank,
to buy his own apartment in London instead
. grin grin
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Lacrisma(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2009
Bin-Laden paid for the house, i presume--- SEFAGO is right, Nigerian politicians and businessman DO NOT do mortgage. They buy everything CASH DOWN.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2009
Are you serious?
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by MrCrackles(m): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

so hw many years will he be paying for that house? I hope u knw naija politicians dont do mortgage, that is a white middle class concept
If the property was a mortgage, he could have had it on a 30year term . . .
That is if he owns the property. . .
Who knows, the property might have been acquired when it was £1, £2 or £2.5 million!
They only reported what the property is worth today!
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mamagee3(f): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lacrisma:

Bin-Laden paid for the house, i presume--- SEFAGO is right, Nigerian politicians and businessman DO NOT do mortgage. They buy everything CASH DOWN.

Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by beninman1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2009
Yeah, Nigerian Politicians and businessmen normally buy cash.
Even if they chose to go down the mortgage route, they are compelled to put down a substantial deposit e.g. 50% of the property value.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by SEFAGO(m): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2009

i no say na bin laden
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are an imbecilic fuc.ktard. . .I know it is me you are calling a "slowpoke"
Now that Mekuxss has opened a thread on the issue i will address it here. . .
It only takes a few thousand pound monthly repayment to pay a mortgage on a few million pound property
If Mutallab who is reported to earn some nice money as the former supremo of First Bank and from other businesses he owns then -
A few thousand pound monthly repayment wont be a lot for him to meet. . .
However information are still sketchy, the property could have been rented. . . .So you guys shouldnt be too quick to conclude!

Then our reporters including the indefatigable Sahara reporters should dig deeper to know if the house is on mortgage or paid for outrightly. Nigerians in general, especially those who come by some money in Nigeria hardly do this mortgage thing.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
Is there any evidence that Cecilia Ibru's houses are not on mortgage too?
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by SEFAGO(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
The house is not owned by this man sef, i forgot I was commenting on the thread of the misinformer and tribalist mekusxx, abeg let me move on to better things
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by MrCrackles(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
mekusxxx:

Then our reporters including the indefatigable Sahara reporters should dig deeper to know if the house is on mortgage or paid for outrightly. Nigerians in general, especially those who come by some money in Nigeria hardly do this mortgage thing.

Spot on. . .The information we get outhere should be properly confirmed and beyond reasonable doubts before we start concluding!

mekusxxx:

Could well be. . .
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mamagee3(f): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
mekusxxx:

What has Cecilia Ibru got to do with Umaru muttalab?
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by SEFAGO(m): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2009
^tribal affiliations---this idiot has tribalised a painful issue
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Lacrisma(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
mama-gee:

u're brain dead ?!
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

The house is not owned by this man sef, i forgot I was commenting on the thread of the misinformer and tribalist mekusxx, abeg let me move on to better things

Where did you get that from? CNN says otherwise
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

^tribal affiliations---this slowpoke has tribalised a painful issue

Tribal affiliation with who? Cecilia Ibru? You must be thoroughly demented.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by SEFAGO(m): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
then why are u asking stupid questions, wehn it is has been stated several times that the house is not owned by Mutallab?
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by xterra2(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
Even if the house is owned by him,Sanusi is not a Law enforcement man,he cant seize it only EFCC chairperson can
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Alxmyr(m): 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who knows, the property might have been acquired when it was £1, £2 or £2.5 million!

What is your point? That Mutallab got the ohuse using his salary in First Bank? Is that the only house he has in London? His son travels all over the world, how many briton of 23yrs can afford to live in $8 million house and travel all over the world? I am sure you will feed us with the crap that his proposed Islamic bank will be funded through his saving from first bank.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by Eziachi: 12:13am On Dec 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

Don’t even start this argument. By U.K law non of this Nigerian rogues are qualified for a mortgage. As a non U.K resident, he got no credit history in the country as required by law to start with. That is why the Nigerian rogues buy their houses with cash and even so, they still need a proxy hand.

Even if the house is based on mortgage, to get a mortgage of £4m worth of property will require at least a deposit of not less than 10% the equity, which is approximately £4000k and a monthly payment, plus interest is likely to be in the region of £16k per P.C.M for 30 years. An average U.K mortgage repayment plan is 25 years, in which case, the Nigerian banker will be making a repayment of not less than £18k P.C.M for 25 years.

Where does a Nigerian get that kind of money from? Even if again he rented it. An average rent for a house of that status and within the postcode area of London is about £800-£2000 per week.
This case should open eyes of many Nigerians, how much their country had been looted from their country. If this is the case of a banker in Nigeria, you an guess how much the big masquerades has got.
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 12:36am On Dec 27, 2009
Every available fact suggest that the apartment belongs to the Muttalab family
It is reported that the bomber has not been in the UK for some time; infact he left there last year. Yet they are searching the apartment now. Why would they be searching the place if there is no form of permanency of the Muttalab's there, given when he was there last?
This suggests that the apartment is theirs. That being the case, it behoves on us to ask some additional questions, while sympathizing with his father. I am a shareholder and customer of First Bank with sizable shareholding and bank deposit, and I deserve to know where the Chairman of my bank got the money to buy a 2-4 million apartment (possibly amongst others); whereas I got peanuts as dividend for all my investment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6890642/Detroit-terror-attack-police-search-London-home-of-Nigerian-suspect.html
Re: Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? by mekusxxx: 4:01am On Dec 27, 2009
The family home of the Mutallabs in Central London, is currently being searched by men of the Metropolitan Police.
THISDAY checks reveal that the suspect, Abdulfarouk Umar Muttalab who is an engineering student at the University College, London had been noted for his extreme views on religion since his secondary school days at the British International School, Lome, Togo.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=162771

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas Stand For The Usa And Obama And Rebuke The Nigeria Senate / S African Minister's Wife Sheryl Cwele On Drug Charges / IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.