Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

I Need Urgent Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Urgent Advice (634 Views)

Urgent Advice Needed On Career Choice, University And Course. / Urgent advice needed; Which Course Should I Do BOSIET OR IWCF? / I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Advice by firestar7: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
hello nairalanders,

pls i need urgent help and solution to the problem i'll be explaining below;

I'm 38, single because i don't have a stable source of income to dare go into marriage. I'm an OND and a MCSE(Microsoft Certified System Engineer) holder. I have searched for jobs with OND cert but had to stop because the salary was not even enough to pay my monthly expenses and there was not enough savings to further my education besides the fact that the job didn't allow time even if i had enough money to start my HND part time programme. I always had to travel from lagos to other parts of the country on a regular basis and as i have mentioned, the pay was small and no travelling allowance. I tried searching for job with the MCSE but I couldn't land any job because the employers are always looking for a full graduate in either comptr science/engineering with MCSE as an added advantage.

Again, I went to the computer village at ikeja to learn the nitty-gritty of laptop repairs and engineering and later tried to set up on my own as a computer engineer but the callenge is that I don't have enough money to rent an office but right now I'm sharing an office with a friend but it's like he dosen't like the idea anymore since we have to share the few customers that comes.

My point now is what do I do to be able to further my education? I want to further my education to at least a masters degree but how do I fund the project? I want to work and continue my education but I just don't know how to make the plan work since I still don't have a reliable source of income.

I have been trying this way since I finished my OND in 1997. I have been obtaining forms each year but even when there was money, the job would not permit me the extra time needed for the programme. I wrote job applications for almost 3years before I could get a job with a media company as a marketing officer. I informed the company of my intention to further my education but I was made to chose between the job and my eduation. I had to stay because I needed the salary to maintain my expenses. I still managed to registered at KarRox where I got trained as a system engineer.

2010 is here and I do not want to remain this way. I need to start the programme and I need a stable source of income. My qualifications are OND in Marketing and MCSE/Computer Engineer.
no help from family members, i don't keep friends and I don't have a collateral to get any loan from Bank
PLS HOW DO I GO ABOUT SOLVING THIS PROBLEM?
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
nobody is ready to offer advise?
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by pussyboy: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
in the name of God find and join any of the SMALL MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SME). they'll really offer much help.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by firestar7: 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2010
thanks @ pussyboy, pls where are they located and what do they do, how do I benefit from their programme?

(1) (Reply)

***moderator Pls Unlock The Chemical Engineering Thread**** / Cariers That Are Hard To Promote / Joblogics ::. Career Guidance Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.