Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks (3744 Views)

Free Flow Of Yuan In Nigerian Banks - What You Need To Know / FG Moves To Start Full Automation In Nigerian Ports / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by egoldman(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks: How Good Is It?

Hello everyone,

I've been reading about some insurance companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange,
and i would like to know if its sensible to invest in the stocks of Nigerian insurance companies.

Any idea would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by 4Play(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2007
i think the insurance sector has great growth potential especially in the light of the consolidation exercise which mirrors that of the banking sector.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by egoldman(m): 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2007
THANK 4 PLAY grin grin
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by Shanikay(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2007
I'l like 2 add 2 dat as im in d insurance market. U can invest in insurance companies dat would or ave recapitalized. Most of dem would b owned by banks so its a good investment in the long run (and i mean long run).
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by Shanikay(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2007
I'l like 2 add 2 dat as im in d insurance market. U can invest in insurance companies dat would or ave recapitalized. Most of dem would b owned by banks so its a good investment in the long run (and i mean long run).
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by spaceworld: 6:19am On Jun 14, 2007
Insurance company in Nigeria just rounded up with recapitalization, before this event few of them are the ones in the stock that are doing relatively good, be patient with the recapitalization to upturn their investment.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by dollyp1cute(f): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2007
What do you think of mutual benefit?
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 14, 2007
I think mutual benefit is trying, i bought the shares at the end of march for 1.81k and as at yesterday it was going for 5.35, i think thats good enof, it rises every other day and its still going to improve. watch out
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by DisGuy: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
what do you think of lasaco undecided
have i missed the boat for mutual benefit?
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by titiyomi: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2007
Investing in insurance stock is a good investment. The price of insurance stocks have been appreciating since recapitalisation exercise and will encourage members to invest now.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by titiyomi: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2007
Lasaco and mutual benefit are good, what about the newly listed insurance stock Continental Reinsurance Plc. I learnt that it is the first and only reinsurance company listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by jokewale: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2007
i learnt this reinsurance company, continental reinsurance plc got listed about two weeks ago at 1.26k and as at yesterday its 2.08k
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by excel12(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
You guys should watch out for Guinea Insurance !!!!

I wont say anything more than dat.

Just bought it at N1 per share yesterday.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by fiso(m): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
excel 12 are u sure guinea insurance is available on the floor of NSE because i requested for it but wasnt available.please let me know how u got urs,am interestedin buying that stock.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by braidecono(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
excel 12 please help me with useful information(broker) that can help me secure guinnea shares next week to my e mail : brai4_real @yahoo.com
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by braidecono(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2007
pls also include how i can get lasaco and continental reinsurance plc shares to my box : brai4_real@yahoo.com
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by slaykay07: 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2007
i spoke to some of my colleagues about investing in insurance companies and i have confirmed they are the only cause of this year rare disease i call TMM(Too Much Money) for investors.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by cyonujemen(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2007
excel 12, let me know if Guinea Insurance stock is still available. I ve been looking for it. My number is 08052146342. I also need Custodian and Continental Reinsurance stocks. These are good stocks. Thanks. My email add is: cyonujemen@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by BOLANLEMCN(f): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2007
@excel12

please fix me up. how do i get these insurance shares? my email addy is bogidan@nigeria.multichoice.co.za.

what really suprised me is the Dangote salt shares that was just released yesterday. my stockbroker told me that the list for the purchase has been concluded yesterday. that was unbelievable! no wonder some people said the rich will continue to be rich.

anyway, i think the stock brokers should wake up! they are too relax for my liking. they need all the customer care they can give to their client.

Bb
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by diva4eva(f): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2007
wait a minute peeps. i thought i heard that guinea insurance is one of the insurance stocks that has a problem with its recapitalization. that was why the NAICOM boss even got sacked. anyway i heard that the list of all the insurance coys that are free from any scandal will be published end of this month. pls let me know if theres any info contrary to what i have
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by promotion(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
Dis Guy ,

you're not too late for Mutual Benefit Assurance. It's dropping now so you can book it with your broker to buy when it falls to 4.5 ( if it falls that low). With a forecast EPS of 35k based on the latest result released it should go further up. Another good one is NEM. let NEM drop to 5 before buying it.

Titilayo,
I see you recommend LASACO. Do you have the Forecast EPS for LASACO? I would like to know it.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by MyPeace(f): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hey, check this link for the LASACO EPS. pls let me have your analysis, i just bought their shares

http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/quoted_company.jsp?case=*0*LASACO
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by promotion(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2007
Thanks, but the EPS and PE posted on NSE site are Trailing EPS or PE.
Because of the fast growth rate in the insurance industry what we need to determine a comfortable value for LASACO's is the Forcast EPS not the trailing EPS or PE. It can also be calculated from a recent audited or unaudited quaterly result. Do you have any of these? They are not on NSE site.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by teena(f): 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2007
Can this link help in the analysis? http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/downloads/lasaco.doc

I am also interested in LASACO
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by MyPeace(f): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2007
oK, l now understand the difference. l dont have it. l just hope l never made a buying mistake. will be glad to have the analysis if you get the needed info.
thx.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by inter: 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hi! fellow members,

I wish to ask of help from any of you thats aware of any stock thats capable of doing well between now and Xmas?

Thanks smiley
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by promotion(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2007
teena, The latest financial report for the company on that link is 2001. It can't be used to get the forecast EPS.
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by marex: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2008
Please anyone out there with news on Equity Assurances' standing in the Nigerian market?
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2009
at your own risk o! grin
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by jamace(m): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2009
at your own calculated risk o!

Just added a biz adjective for us. smiley
Re: Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2009
yes, thanks for the addition. i almost forgot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rice Business / How Do I Become A Sub Dealer With Dstv Or Startimes / #MMM. How To Cash Out Released Mavro...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.