Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59504 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by rockyh(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:

My friend! Out of close to a million naira list i was giving, Nothing of her is included not even a lipstick. everything is for the family even the food they are going to cook is not included, that one is a separate fee...
humm! i have never seen a very greedy tradition like that until now.
my dear most well to do family take care of the food themselves as a way of saving cost for the guy n more so contest the list to a reasonable minimum cos their daughter is not a commodity to be sold away
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by idu1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2017

Anything more than that I am not doing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Funkybabee(f): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
even if u don't want much people Mama no go gree ehn

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Rilwayne001: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
I'm budgeting at least 20M cus I'm doing it in Paris angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Senipapa(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:

My friend! Out of close to a million naira list i was giving, Nothing of her is included not even a lipstick. everything is for the family even the food they are going to cook is not included, that one is a separate fee...
humm! i have never seen a very greedy tradition like that until now.
Bro na so those unless people for village take do my sister o, I and my mum had to fight heaven and hell before the list was reduced to about 300k sef. Be Strong the Lord is your strength, even the about 300k list sef still dey do me like say I sell my sister.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mrjaybaba(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
I will only pay her bride price

No more, no less

ceteris paribus !

Abi I no try?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Captain001(m): 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue

Please help share how you can achieve that. 500k wedding.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Senipapa(m): 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
Bigsteveg:
Only God knows why Nigerians love parties especially wedding so much. Personally, it's less than 50k. Just a 20 guest wedding.
We aren't enlightened enough yet.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
Amarabae:
Traditional wedding, my husband spend up to 1m, then white wedding was around 1.7m.
Those two days was a great joy to me.
chai see money
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by kolsrah(m): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
She planned 500k, I spent 300k like 500k. I got contributions of 1m .I used the change to buy our first car ,which is serving us very well now .
Pple don't use their brain when planning wedding .waste money on irrelevances and They spend fortune in a day and struggle to balance for many Years .

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:

You won't understand until you get there.
There are a lot of unseen expenses along the way.
Just to say something practical, u cannot. Yet u blame Buhari for keeping us in the dark, wen he was sick angry
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
Almost the same problem a buddy is going through. Talk to her, and make her face reality undecided..

There are things called wedding anniversaries, birthday celebrations, renewal of vows etc which can be celebrated in grand styles when the money starts rolling in excess..

Her friends wouldn't be there to help when you finally run into huge debts. Do what you can jare or like my buddy told his wife-to-be, 'get a priest and marry yourself.'

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by talktonase(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people >sad >sad >sad
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue
you are the woman I have been waiting for....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Katier00:
will ke? you are funny.
yes....he is damn right? are u the only one to shoulder the responsibility of the wedding? it has to be the both of you. sit her down, ask her what she is giving towards the wedding and budget for what is convenient for you guys cos after the wedding it won't speak well of you borrowing oooooo.....na wetin me and my fiancee dey do i gist you so.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by chelseabmw(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
My budget will be 6million .. Next Year hopefully I'll be s married man
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2017
Funkybabee:
even if u don't want much people Mama no go gree ehn
That's the problem nne especially when it comes to the Yoruba and Igbo weddings angry.. It almost becomes a competition plus any relative you tactfully omit to try save cost, they will remind you in years to come grin..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by londonzona: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
it was during the first Quater of buhari regime..things where skyrocketting.initially i budgeted 800 for the trad because you have to kill cow base on my wife tradition finally i ended up spending 1mill dot just for traditional.is not as if 500 wont do a good and simple trad but my guy this is ur day
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nnamdibig(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

Just to say something practical, u cannot. Yet u blame Buhari for keeping us in the dark, wen he was sick angry

Are you sure you want to know or are you here to throw insults??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by akinbo753(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
I am plannin 30 Billion for the account for my weddin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekyshuga:
**coughs**

With the way I love cake, I fear for my wedding cake cry.. Its high time my sister perfects her baking skill make I fit save that money sad..

Well, about my guests, I would really love a small circle (150-250 guests) but then, I know it is almost impossible grin..

About the amount? Let me ask my oga at the top **escapes**
150-250 guests you call small circle? Nne are you for real? lol chineke Nna m eeeeeh!!! I don't even want to imagine what a big circle would look like

9 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by alezzy13: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
hmm am learning things

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by lonelydude: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
You can use the attached as guide for your budget.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by 3rdeye1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
Good topic
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Lustig(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
bbeautylik:
As a lady, My culture demands I provide some of the things I will need including Television, Gas Cooker, Bed and wardrobe refrigerator and so on... My dad ended up spending about 1.5 million
Are u from Plateau state?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
idu1:

Anything more than that I am not doing.
you gotta be kiddin...shey na shawa fish u wan use ni? abi na egg u go put on top rice for your guest? 150k is too small. drinks nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
akinbo753:
I am plannin 30 Billion for the account for my weddin
na me go blow your whistle.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by lovethchioma(f): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
Sorry ooo. You need to sit her down and explain things to her. Have you communicated your feelings about this to her? communication is the key bro. I'm sure she'll understand your plight except she never really loved you in the first instance
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by inception101(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekyshuga:
**coughs**

With the way I love cake, I fear for my wedding cake cry.. Its high time my sister perfects her baking skill make I fit save that money sad..

Well, about my guests, I would really love a small circle (150-250 guests) but then, I know it is almost impossible grin..

About the amount? Let me ask my oga at the top **escapes**

For your mind, 150 - 200 na small circle? Interesting

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nusirat(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
Alihamudullilahi, islam, makes a different, My mariage nikahi cost me just 55,000. Naira. Including dowry, and transportation, and Allah, bless the union, in no small measure, as the matriage open the door of blessing, since then from grace to grace, now we are no more tenants, Marriage is not about the money you spend on your wedding day, but how you chose your spouse, still thank my Father who chose better wife for me after my NYSC.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by shehuolayinka(m): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Am not thinking of getting married, but if I am going to eventually do it, it will be introduction and registry. That shouldn't cost a lot

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
eternalcity:
Some families are like that. Particularly those our families from the East. They'll tell you that it is the community that owns a child.
I am from the East but in my place, the lady and her people handles everything about the traditional with the man handling the white wedding plus our bride price is very tiny (doubt if its up to a thousand naira sef).. The items for "ndi nne, nna" etc can be negotiated on..

IMO, weddings should be a joint effort. No matter how wealthy a man is, there should be something the girl's family should be able to add/support/provide/afford on that day though it still boils down to the kind of family you are getting married from..

My mum's dad, with all his wealth gave his daughter FOC, and warned her husband. 'The day you raise your hand on her, I collect my daughter back. She isn't for sale neither is she a slave.'

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mikolo80: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
and you cannot control her? and tell her to cover said extra cost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.