Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59611 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by STENON(f): 5:02am On Apr 15, 2017
This is a very nice thread.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue

s this 500k both d dowry, trado nd white wedding?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 5:43am On Apr 15, 2017
watered:
Everybody must not marry. I've always said it. Impregnate the lady, it's her parents that will be begging you to come for her by that time they must do your bidding. I'm not married because I'm still in the paper chase.
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 5:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Aleora:
I wonder the kind of wedding in this buhari era
Be there wondering. Wen she's planning to build an empire, be there planning instagram marriage angry
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by geodemainguy(m): 6:07am On Apr 15, 2017
TsaTrinity:

Bros, u don try ghana weed......ma God

Garri go turn cocaine for ur eye.....water melon go turn boobs
Bahdt guy.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Eddygourdo(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2017
mhizv:
lol am an urhobo. sign of what?
sign that you could be princess charming. Hope ur peeps . Shey u sabi cook wella. Cos it appears my searching is almost over based on what u said earlier. If there is a man currently bugging you. He is a fake. Na original don come so.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Enigma44: 6:29am On Apr 15, 2017
TsaTrinity:
Am budgeting #100m
are you OK? #100m, how much do you make a month?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MARKone(m): 6:37am On Apr 15, 2017
MabraO:

Why do I think u sound just like my friend that's getting married next month?

Exactly wot he is gong tru
300k dowry for father
200k dowry for mother
100k dowry for grandma
50k dowry for youths
35 cartons of Eva wine
25 crates of coke
20 cartons of Star
20 cartons of gulder
15 cartons of malt
One Italian shoe for father with this pipe tobacco and umbrella 4 boxers nd 4 singlet
One shoe, lace, handbag 6 bra 6 pants for mother
At so on and so forth
Just family list oh

I wan die of laughter and anger that wot sorts of list is this
Only God knows wot I ll do if given such list sha

Don't believe this list joor, ah ahn...na the entire village ur friend wan marry. Why them no add Dowery for Ancestors, and iPhone 8, Oga o
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2017
Ginaz:
Lol, I'm not a fan of huge stuff and I think the man that gonna marry me gonna be lucky.

I ain't on facebook,
Ain't on instagram
Ain't on I.G
Only on whatsapp grin I do things my way not cos people expect me to.

On my birthday my guy asked me what I wanted, I said honey cos I wanted to use it for facial treatment , he bought the honey for me and total cost was 3k. That was my first birthday gift since our 6years of dating cheesy I no get time and he kuku know though sometimes e dey pepper me say I no dey trouble am. sad I'm pretty independent, though I don't have money like that sha sad

I don't makeup( though I love lipsticks like crazy!), I don't go out. Expenses are just for body lotions and clothes and I'm good to go .

My marriage day chaiii, people will only see pictures. I only want my engagement party to be big, gonna invite our friends and family, then he pays my bride price which is 120 in my town. grin

After then I would loved to organize a small party at home. Maybe give them money to cook food or buy a full goat and share among themselves so dem no go worry me for night. grin

I have got no worries at all, the person to marry me got no worries too. Na who white and traditional marriage help? My mom's friend that had a whole town for her marriage, she's is in her father's house now instead of her husband's. undecided

Life no get duplicate, do your own style and make people do their own style.

I admire ur style and ur will power. na imitation de kill us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mhizv(f): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2017
Eddygourdo:
sign that you could be princess charming. Hope ur peeps . Shey u sabi cook wella. Cos it appears my searching is almost over based on what u said earlier. If there is a man currently bugging you. He is a fake. Na original don come so.
funny
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Juliearth(f): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2017
asokid:
baby lets do this.

#funny
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Stevengerd(m): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2017
darlingnuel:
make it one carton
Ok. I Will
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nwachukwu1986(m): 6:58am On Apr 15, 2017
bigtimemugu:
My weeding is on Tuesday 18th April, my budget was 500k ,bt right now i hav spent 700k nd its nt yet tuesday.

This ur budget must b for ur village . Ofcos not Lagos that hall alone for don take 500k from u.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by iyke649(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2017
lovethchioma:
Thanks dear.... I just pray you'll find a good woman... and the rest will be history.
Why do I need to go further when one is close by. Can I send you a pm if u don't mind?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by biz2get(m): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2017
20,000Naira Should be Okay...

Anytime anywhere. smiley
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by lovethchioma(f): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2017
iyke649:
Why do I need to go further when one is close by. Can I send you a pm if u don't mind?
Alright you can send
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Vry interesting comments both encouraging nd discouraging ones. If u can afford to pay d dowry of ur lady then u ve married her.
Ppl shud stop tinking dat a 4-hour of wedding s marriage. Wedding s a day show-off while marriage s supposed to be a life long of peace nd happiness.
There s no worst or best wedding ever.
If u can afford d flamboyant wedding dats fine nd if ur budget s a low-key wedding go for it.
Neva ever do tins to please d crowd nd displeased/discomfort urself.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by fxtreme(m): 7:41am On Apr 15, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

Firstly, let me assume that your submission is true.

Secondly I'll also try to believe that you are unable to see the handwriting on the wall which is clear and obvious.

Now gentleman, that April 22 is the day you will officially walk yourself into the trap that awaits you.

I say this for the following reasons:

1. Your woman doesn't care about your finances and thinks it's your cross to carry alone. And that is how you will carry it in the marriage.

2. You support this her mindset, with your actions.

You need to fix this before the marriage, otherwise...

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mira4u: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Bigsteveg:
Only God knows why Nigerians love parties especially wedding so much. Personally, it's less than 50k. Just a 20 guest wedding.

Indeed!! Even if just your family alone are the attendees, you'll spend more than that.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mira4u: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2017
teemy:

Only prior introduction

You didn't pay bride price n other traditional requirements?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by sky32(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Awesome!..please if u achieved that here;kindly share the the details..i cant count the number of my guys that want to get married but are scared of high wedding cost.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MabraO: 8:06am On Apr 15, 2017
MARKone:

Don't believe this list joor, ah ahn...na the entire village ur friend wan marry. Why them no add Dowery for Ancestors, and iPhone 8, Oga o

If I didn't see with my eyes probably wouldn't be believed too
List got two pages

There is even a generator set with 50litres of fuel

Was thinking u would be guessed the state where this is usually practiced
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Hollasmall: 8:14am On Apr 15, 2017
fxtreme:

Firstly, let me assume that your submission is true.

Secondly I'll also try to believe that you are unable to see the handwriting on the wall which is clear and obvious.

Now gentleman, that April 22 is the day you will officially walk yourself into the trap that awaits you.

I say this for the following reasons:

1. Your woman doesn't care about your finances and thinks it's your cross to carry alone. And that is how you will carry it in the marriage.

2. You support this her mindset, with your actions.

You need to fix this before the marriage, otherwise...

My broda I agree with you ooo this is exactly the reason why most families are not moving forward I can't imagine a man getting married to a lady that won't care or bother to support the family that about to start financially and it start right from the wedding planing if she's not talking about contributing financially to the wedding then automatically she won't contribute to the marriage. In this era and century financial aspect must be shared among couples if not equal atleast the wife also should foot some bills not everything to the man or the man will not move forward in life especially if he's on a small scale income.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by asokid(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Juliearth:

#funny
Am being serious cus u sounded so reasonable. Am in abuja.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mozel247: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue

Madam ur own dresses and his alone for both church and traditional will cost that 500k. Go market price things
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Hopez456(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2017
bbeautylik:
As a lady, My culture demands I provide some of the things I will need including Television, Gas Cooker, Bed and wardrobe refrigerator and so on... My dad ended up spending about 1.5 million
You must be from Langtang or somewhere around that place in Plateau State. Good culture they've got as regards marriage.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MARKone(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2017
MabraO:

If I didn't see with my eyes probably wouldn't be believed too
List got two pages

There is even a generator set with 50litres of fuel

Was thinking u would be guessed the state where this is usually practiced

na wah, dunno why people equate lavish wedding to good marriage, doesnt work like that. Anyway during my own, very very long ago, my "inlaws" saw the look on my face, and didnt try any bs, I seriously worked in my bugbet, capacity, and my own pace. wont borrow to impress anybody. Any the woman was pregnant then, e for be bad market for them.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by teemy(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2017
mira4u:

You didn't pay bride price n other traditional requirements?
nope, probably would have but life happened, no one is asking and we're all cool. btw,i actually dislike bride price. makes men misbehave.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by elsomm(m): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2017
Sleekydee:
For Married Couples: HOW MUCH DID UR WEDDING COST YOU? AND ARE U PRESENTLY WISHING U SPENT MORE OR LESS...

For Singles: How much have u envisaged will be your budget for your wedding??

Oya over to you.

My budget is 700-800k
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by testimonyobaoyin(f): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2017
MabraO:

Why do I think u sound just like my friend that's getting married next month?

Exactly wot he is gong tru
300k dowry for father
200k dowry for mother
100k dowry for grandma
50k dowry for youths
35 cartons of Eva wine
25 crates of coke
20 cartons of Star
20 cartons of gulder
15 cartons of malt
One Italian shoe for father with this pipe tobacco and umbrella 4 boxers nd 4 singlet
One shoe, lace, handbag 6 bra 6 pants for mother
At so on and so forth
Just family list oh

I wan die of laughter and anger that wot sorts of list is this
Only God knows wot I ll do if given such list sha
don't be too sure you wont get more than 8 pages on your own day.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by tk4rd: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2017
uzobaby:
looooooooooollll I can just imagine your situation. .you can still talk to her about it.citing examples...
Some ladies don't understand, especially when they see the guy as Don,, and also, when they contributed Nathing.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Juliearth(f): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2017
asokid:
Am being serious cus u sounded so reasonable. Am in abuja.

May God grant you your heart desires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Weds In Lagos Without Wearing Any Makeup (Photo) / Plantain Shared As Souvenirs To Guests At A Lagos Party (Photos, Video) / Traditional Marriage Of A White Man From US And His Bride In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.