Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,392 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence (35371 Views)

Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / JUMIA Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Aniwhyte(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
Na so
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
the simple answer is do not share a residence with shady people.

if you are so unfortunate that your landlord rents other parts of the building to shady people, its best you leave, unless you have similar inclinations.

otherwise once he shit hits the fan, you will be caught up in it.

i remember a case in school where some cult boys took up residence in a room. one by one, everyone else in that room moved out. only two of the original members stayed. they were not cult boys, but they chose to 'get along'

one day the cultists were busted by the school authorities, and every member of the room was expelled.

thereis no telling what the co habitants have been witness to in that building

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jumia has lost a customer because is this their unusual silence. Konga all d way

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by ishua(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
It's just unfortunate. There is still so much yet to be exposed!!!

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Mynd44: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
OP, get your facts right, Jumia has released a statement on this issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GloriaNinja(f): 2:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
They are waste of sperm

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mr1759: 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:
OP: Tell your source to investigate before hitting his keyboard and publishing. The guy is not a direct staff of Jumia. He's a contract staff with a Jumia Contractor.

he is working for jumia weather a casual or not casual staff don't join ppl to destroy this country, jumia is play with their name and business

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by izzou(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:
OP: Tell your source to investigate before hitting his keyboard and publishing. The guy is not a direct staff of Jumia. He's a contract staff with a Jumia Contractor.
So this justifies their silence baa?
angry

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mannycrown: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
mr1759:

he is working for jumia weather a casual or not casual staff don't join ppl to destroy this country, jumia is play with their name and business

On whose payroll is he? Jumia or Jumia Contractor? You work for who pays you. You and OP are building the country by spreading unconfirmed info very capable destroying Jumia and Nigeria. Tell OP to contact Jumia before writing trash!
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mannycrown: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:

So this justifies their silence baa?
angry

It's the contractor's business.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mr1759: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:

On whose payroll is he? Jumia or Jumia Contractor? You work for who pays you. You and OP are building the country by spreading unconfirmed info very capable destroying Jumia and Nigeria. Tell OP to contact Jumia before writing trash!

as I speak with you now he is known as jumia rep even jumia has not disputed that.

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
If the poor delivery man ran away with Jumia's money, he would have been put on national media. Now that Jumia sent him on an errand and he was killed in the process, Jumia has decided to keep quiet. No support or compensation for the family, nothing to show that they are standing up for the safety of their staff.

For me, it's bye to Jumia, my conscience won't allow me patronize them any longer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mannycrown: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
mr1759:

as I speak with you now he is known as jumia rep even jumia has not disputed that.

I have contacted Jumia PH and i have posited to you their side of the story.

NB: Jumia closed some branches and contracted out their deliveries.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GambaOsaka: 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:

Look this is PR we are talking about here. Even if the deceased is a 3rd party staff, that doesn't mean Jumia should be quiet about it. The truth is the guy died while working as a delivery man for Jumia merchandise. They should at least, for the sake of Social responsibility and brand recognition, compensate the family of the deceased.

Which kain country be this sef?

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by TinaAnita(f): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:

What difference does that make? The fact remains that he was working for Jumia and he was killed while carrying out his duty

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by olagamalin(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Pls Get your facts right before opening a thread. In spite of the fact that the deceased is a contract staff to a company that partners with Jumia. Jumia has released a comprehensive statement.

Concerning compensation,It is only logical to await conclusion of Police investigation. Compensation doesn't just fly down like that.

The unfortunate incident happened last month ...I don't think any compensation can be that Quick. Secondly, I don't feel Jumia owes us any duty to disclose when they will pay.

We should be careful not to fall into the pit of assumptions. It's dangerous!!

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/03/jumia-releases-official-statement-on-the-reported-death-of-its-delivery-agent/

https://www.naij.com/1096577-jumia-sympathized-family-murdered-delivery-man-awaits-police-investigation.html

http://pulse.ng/gist/jumia-releases-statement-on-death-of-dispatch-agent-id6445562.html

http://www.techcityng.com/official-statement-on-missing-jumia-delivery-associate/

http://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/jumia-releases-official-statement-regarding-missing-delivery-man/

http://wazobians.com/29326-2/

Any of the above links should suffice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Buchman1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:
What's your point?

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by mannycrown: 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Look this is PR we are talking about here. Even if the deceased is a 3rd party staff, that doesn't mean Jumia should be quiet about it. The truth is the guy died while working as a delivery man for Jumia merchandise. They should at least, for the sake of Social responsibility and brand recognition, compensate the family of the deceased.

Which kain country be this sef?
And what would the contractor Jumia pays be doing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
It's boil down to the fact that the government don't give a rat a$$ about the life of each citizen

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Babysheart(f): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Terrible.
Hanging isn't enough punishment for this guy. He should be clubbed to death.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by smtx(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
spartan50:
We as a country is messed up.. Jumia is foreign owned and no statement has been issued.. I just hope this country has a future cos its very bleak in all aspects

Jumia isn't foreign owned!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by YelloweWest: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
MARKone:
May our efforts to bring up our children to sound moral, academic and spiritual standard, not be in vain.
Amen o. Cos this boy is just evil. Pure evil
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GambaOsaka: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:

And what would the contractor Jumia pays be doing?

If you don't understand my post ask questions , intelligent questions I mean. Nobody knows any contractor . What the public - the people that patronize jumia and everyone at large know is Jumia and not one contractor somewhere.
When a supplier goes to supply goods, he doesn't go as a staff of contractor (at least to the peraon buying the goods). He goes there with a jumia branded vest and base ball cap. And not one mazi okeke contractor limited .
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by YelloweWest: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

The guy in the middle is a tatoo artiste who went to draw tatoo o the alleged murder. he was the one who found blood and was about to report before he was threatened by the guy that his family will be killed if he dares to report to the police. That's his own side of the story and i beleive because i watched when both of them were interviewed.
Tattoo artist??

He said he is a plumber who came to work in the bathroom where he discovered the blood
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by petchi: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jumia's silence surprised me o. It is the height of corporate irresponsibility.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
YelloweWest:

Tattoo artist??

He said he is a plumber who came to work in the bathroom where he discovered the blood
No, he draws tatoo. I heard him say it in the interview.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by smtx(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
chyy5:
Jumia has lost a customer because is this their unusual silence. Konga all d way

Jumia full staff, contract staff or whatever...more PR needs to be done. While police continue with investigation they should make more effort with PR. The press release isn't enough...this unusual silence is sickening.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Ralphlauren(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mynd44:
OP, get your facts right, Jumia has released a statement on this issue

Thank you.

All the fake bloggers with half a brain just come up with all sort of nonsense blog posts.

Jumia's CEO released a widely publicised press statement on the issue yet some idiots on this thread are expecting a "speech".

"Speech" on what exactly? Has the police finalised their investigations? Have the suspects being charged to court? That is what the OP should be talking about and not some "speech" on an issue.

Based on the info I heard from an internal source, the late driver was previously employed with Jumia. However, jumia "sold" their logistics arm to third party suppliers and for that reason, the driver was no longer employed by them but absorbed by their third party logistics partner.

I'm sure the family will be compensated. Jumia has no reason to publicly disclose their plans of compensation for the family. If they do, they are only exposing the widow to the fangs of greedy extended family members who might ask for a cut in whatsoever compensation package or insist on deciding how it should be spent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Ralphlauren(m): 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
smtx:

Jumia full staff, contract staff or whatever...more PR needs to be done. While police continue with investigation they should make more effort with PR. The press release isn't enough...this unusual silence is sickening.

What PR?

You want the company to embark on PR over the death of an innocent man?

This is just further proof that this forum is full of kids with half a brain, zero work experience with no understanding whatsoever on how corporate governance works.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Ralphlauren(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
smtx:

Jumia isn't foreign owned!

Stop showcasing your ignorance publicly.

Jumia is backed by foreign investors.

Investors = owners

Besides, the guys who sent up the company originally before selling off their stake are foreigners.

Read here on more detailed information on Jumia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumia

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by hademmy: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Either direct or indirect staff,is he not a nigerian or human?is pathetic that we allow our so called politicians to use us wit policies to favour demselves,that gives most industries now to treat 9ja anyhow;whats the feature dat direct staff has that is beta of the indirect staff,jst previlege if i say and i dnt think u happen to be a 9ja and bin human to alter this statement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCTV Captures Old Man Stealing Mobile Phone At A Pharmacy Store In Abuja / We Formed New Robbery Gang Inside SARS Cell —suspects (pic) / FUTO Undergraduate Disgraced For Stealing A Phone (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.