Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence (35372 Views)

Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / JUMIA Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Ralphlauren(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
olagamalin:
Pls Get your facts right before opening a thread. In spite of the fact that the deceased is a contract staff to a company that partners with Jumia. Jumia has released a comprehensive statement.

Concerning compensation,It is only logical to await conclusion of Police investigation. Compensation doesn't just fly down like that.

The unfortunate incident happened last month ...I don't think any compensation can be that Quick. Secondly, I don't feel Jumia owes us any duty to disclose when they will pay.

We should be careful not to fall into the pit of assumptions. It's dangerous!!

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/03/jumia-releases-official-statement-on-the-reported-death-of-its-delivery-agent/

https://www.naij.com/1096577-jumia-sympathized-family-murdered-delivery-man-awaits-police-investigation.html

http://pulse.ng/gist/jumia-releases-statement-on-death-of-dispatch-agent-id6445562.html

http://www.techcityng.com/official-statement-on-missing-jumia-delivery-associate/

http://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/jumia-releases-official-statement-regarding-missing-delivery-man/

http://wazobians.com/29326-2/

Any of the above links should suffice.

Thank you for this.

Whosoever started this thread is challenged intellectually.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GambaOsaka: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

What PR?

You want the company to embark on PR over the death of an innocent man?

This is just further proof that this forum is full of kids with half a brain, zero work experience with no understanding whatsoever on how corporate governance works.

Mr 1million work experience. Congrats
With all your experience you seem to have no single iota of respect for people's opinions and views. You keep calling people idiots, half brain etc.
I wonder how your 1 million employers have been able to bear with your rather fierce approach. Must you bark before making a point ? Even if you are on Jumia's payroll, there are better ways of clarifying issues not by barking like a wounded lion.
Haba

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Ralphlauren(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
GambaOsaka:

With all your experience you seem to have no single iota of respect for people's opinions and views. You keep calling people idiots, half brain etc.
I wonder how your 1 million employers have been able to bear with your rather fierce approach. Must you bark before making a point ? Even if you are on Jumia's payroll, there are better ways of clarifying issues not by barking like a wounded lion.
Haba

Next time stick to what you know - sports betting. grin
You are a pro in that. It's obviously your area of specialty. grin

Stay out of issues involving corporate governance, responsibility or "PR".
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Jchi9876: 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Haba

No mind the over sabi fat monkey.

Jumia's statement reeks of nonchalance they mentioned third party and outsource more than they commiserated the family.
Nobody is saying jumia killed the man just do the right thing sympathize with the family with some respect
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Jchi9876: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Gerrarahia
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by bashorundon(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
olagamalin:
Pls Get your facts right before opening a thread. In spite of the fact that the deceased is a contract staff to a company that partners with Jumia. Jumia has released a comprehensive statement.

Concerning compensation,It is only logical to await conclusion of Police investigation. Compensation doesn't just fly down like that.

The unfortunate incident happened last month ...I don't think any compensation can be that Quick. Secondly, I don't feel Jumia owes us any duty to disclose when they will pay.

We should be careful not to fall into the pit of assumptions. It's dangerous!!

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/03/jumia-releases-official-statement-on-the-reported-death-of-its-delivery-agent/

https://www.naij.com/1096577-jumia-sympathized-family-murdered-delivery-man-awaits-police-investigation.html

http://pulse.ng/gist/jumia-releases-statement-on-death-of-dispatch-agent-id6445562.html

http://www.techcityng.com/official-statement-on-missing-jumia-delivery-associate/

http://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/jumia-releases-official-statement-regarding-missing-delivery-man/

http://wazobians.com/29326-2/

Any of the above links should suffice.

Many thanks for this, Man. Thanks for providing the links.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GboyegaD(m): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2017
spartan50:
We as a country is messed up.. Jumia is foreign owned and no statement has been issued.. I just hope this country has a future cos its very bleak in all aspects

It is bleak because our youths have lost it. Read most post on Nairaland and see how divided we are in all things with many been guided by silly sentiments.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by bamasite(m): 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The heart of man is desperately wicked. I can't [b]phantom how one will murder a fellow man because of money and phone. No justification for any kind of murder sef except if it is done in self defence.

Jumia trying to protect their brand but they should have made their stand known to the public.... And openly compensate the family of the deceased. [/b]

Fathom?
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by verygudbadguy(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
bamasite:

Fathom?

Merci
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GambaOsaka: 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Mr 1million experience , were you so pained by my honest comments that you decided to do a check on my nairaland posts?
Haba!!!!!!!?
Its quite obvious that you are a kid. Some one said you are a fat .........
So i take it that you are indeed a fat kid..... You remind me of that North Korean leader.

So you think all sport bettors are the poor, unfortunate , lazy crop? Sorry you are WRONG AGAIN.
I am very comfortable family man who has over 8 years successful experience in FMCG Sales & Marketing and Brand management. So I know a lot about 3rd party staff involvement, Brand management, Consumer management etc.
So I am not a novice here .

Just humble yourself and respect people's opinion fat kid .
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Shaytun: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by micflo28(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Poor family values and upbringing. Quest to get rich quick are what led to this and more. Everyone emphasizes on getting rich quick, no one emphasizes on hardwork, patience, and legitimate dealings and businesses. Nigeria needs to do more to pubiah wealth gotten effortlessly without sweat. Ka Chinese me eziokwu.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by micflo28(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Poor family values and upbringing. Quest to get rich quick are what led to this and more. Everyone emphasizes on getting rich quick, no one emphasizes on hardwork, patience, and legitimate dealings and businesses. Nigeria needs to do more to pubiah wealth gotten effortlessly without sweat. Ka Chineke me eziokwu.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by bamasite(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Merci
Welcome
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by goldedprince: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
mannycrown:
OP: Tell your source to investigate before hitting his keyboard and publishing. The guy is not a direct staff of Jumia. He's a contract staff with a Jumia Contractor.
contract staff or no contract staff dosnt mean shit. he is affilaited to jumia
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by spartan50(m): 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
smtx:

Jumia isn't foreign owned!
Educate me I would like to know
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by spartan50(m): 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
GboyegaD:

It is bleak because our youths have lost it. Read most post on Nairaland and see how divided we are in all things with many been guided by silly sentiments.
I can't agree less.. Our society has lost its value and nobody is compassionate about this country.. But there is hope
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by ccwizard: 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=55319374]

The guy in the middle is a tatoo artiste who went to draw tatoo o the alleged murder. he was the one who found blood and was about to report before he was threatened by the guy that his family will be killed if he dares to report to the police. That's his own side of the story and i beleive because i watched when both of them were interviewed.[by/quote]

Watch the tape and understand both stories ain't straight. That middle guy ain't innocent. He knows alot and he is just being smart. From what I heard that guy In the middle is the back bone of d tattoo guy. Figure out the rest by urself.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by ccwizard: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
micflo28:
Poor family values and upbringing. Quest to get rich quick are what led to this and more. Everyone emphasizes on getting rich quick, no one emphasizes on hardwork, patience, and legitimate dealings and businesses. Nigeria needs to do more to pubiah wealth gotten effortlessly without sweat. Ka Chineke me eziokwu.

The tattoo guy's family is rich and well to do. don't know why he will involve himself in such. He even bought a power bike that was seized by his dad.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by funnynation(m): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
praisekeyzz:
Cute murderer!
He should be totured by the whole force in Nigeria 4rm Sars to army,navy,airforce,police,custom,op Mesa,
Don't forget Vigilante

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by GboyegaD(m): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
spartan50:

I can't agree less.. Our society has lost its value and nobody is compassionate about this country.. But there is hope

I used to feel there is hope until recently when I realized even we youths have no good vision for the country. The discussions in the gathering of youths centres around fashion and other mundane things and also, our lazy attitude is nothing to write home about.
One thing though is I believe I will make it no matter what may come my way.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Dee60: 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
This terrible crime hapenned in a state - Has the governor said anything?

What about NASS - They are busy composing nonsense songs, parading dodgy certificates and hardly have anytime for making laws to protect the citizens.

Jumia - The silence is convenient. They can trust the man to collect money and bring intact but if he dies in the process then he is not their 'direct employee'.

If you are serious about buying an item you should pay before delivery. Delivery should also be in the open by the gate of a house or in front of a house.

In this age of cashless, what are they still doing with CASH on delivery? Ban it.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by tete7000(m): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Untainted007:
May God help us from evil minded people. But to be sincere, had it been the dispatch rider escaped with Jumia's money or items, they would have declared him wanted but now his life is gone and Jumia kept mute about it. Some organisation are ingrates. They only appreciate you only when they are benefitting from you.

Jumia has since made statement and condone the victim's family. They went further by saying they will henceforth demand that people make payment before goods are delivered to them as that might be reason the despatch rider was killed. You guys should always do proper check before levelling allegation against others.

Cc: bashorundon

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by praisekeyzz(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
funnynation:

Don't forget Vigilante
I swear! Even boko haram
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by spartan50(m): 9:40am On Apr 07, 2017
GboyegaD:

I used to feel there is hope until recently when I realized even we youths have no good vision for the country. The discussions in the gathering of youths centres around fashion and other mundane things and also, our lazy attitude is nothing to write home about.
One thing though is I believe I will make it no matter what may come my way.
Now that's the attitude bro.. How many youths today want to stress on writing or even try to solve common problem.. Our major problem is the media and government.. They are selling lies making it impossible for the youth to see clearly.. People like wizkid and artists in general are very vain in their lyrics and have nothing to offer.. Nigeria is in dying need to be healed of the sins of us.. Let's at least have a common goal for this nation and make it our home.. This has got nothing to do with politicians is beyond them now. We the populace need to wake up.. Am worried about my kids future seriously a food for thought
Re: Jumia Delivery Man's Murder: The Suspects And JUMIA's Silence by Adadioranma79(f): 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
And that makes him less than human, right? Smh
mannycrown:
OP: Tell your source to investigate before hitting his keyboard and publishing. The guy is not a direct staff of Jumia. He's a contract staff with a Jumia Contractor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCTV Captures Old Man Stealing Mobile Phone At A Pharmacy Store In Abuja / We Formed New Robbery Gang Inside SARS Cell —suspects (pic) / FUTO Undergraduate Disgraced For Stealing A Phone (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.