Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss (32489 Views)

"Debbie-Rise's BBNaijaFinale Outfit & Sunlight Detergent Cover Lookalike" (Pics) / BBNaija: Marvis Leads Online Polls (Photo) / Bbnaija: Tboss, Debbie-rise, Bally And Marvis Nominated For Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by IYANGBALI: 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
Marvis go sweet for bed like rice and beans
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Atereg1: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ok

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
DLuciano:
a drunk? neva!

His slang "based on Logistics" was crested on a custom made shirt, his brother flew all the way to SA to see him,he has had the opportunity to meet DON Jazzy and a lot of other A-list celebs..
Ogbeni,if I see Don Jazzy sef..I will drink like a fish!
The dude is elated! Life has been good to him!!
Take heart.
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by uminem02(m): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
bukaty:
bros u re funny abeg remove my name from d post
Lol...Tz copied tho'..Thanks
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by cooldudeng(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

I've often held that a few smart people will continue to make money especially in hard times. A few facts show I am right. How do I mean?

Multichoice/DSTV comes up with a bunch of crap/lowlifers bunched in a house for 90 days. Open subscription lines for the unintelligent to "vote" and we still do. They offer a prize of N25 million to its winner and some cash (plus maintenance fee/logistics for all contestants and support staff to the tune of about N100-150 million. Allow you to vote multiple times at N30/vote. The receive about 20 million votes (or more) and make a cool N400 million in profit.

Mind you, you still need to subscribe to their services to watch and vote. They target the jobless and the dunces. Because they know you're unintelligent enough to watch it, form alliances and even discuss it. Whoever wins, walks away without knowing you even exist.

Have you asked yourself, why don't they have such shows in Asia? Why was it stopped in Europe? Are you the only lazy one to come and watch jobless people sit around for three whole months? Cos if these people had a job... Even if it pays just N50,000 a month, you won't resign to go and compete in such tomfoolery.

Wake up young people and be productive... Big Brother Naija is just another way of telling you you're dumb .... And you're agreeing and nodding your head!

Why I agree with some of your analysis, I do have reservations about some.

Just to set the record straight, i'm not a fan of Bbnaija or any of the big brother shows. I don't believe I should sit around wasting my time watching others live their lives.

That said, I really would love to look at it from the concept of content is king. I'm not sure there's any show in Nigeria that you truly would have over 11 million people voting. That's close to 10% of total GSM penetration assuming we have over 100 million active subscribers. That's really commendable on the part of the organisers and a good food for thought for idle youths about cashing in on content generations

We have seen a lot of regular joes turn Instagram "celebrities" through content creation and are making money off it. I won't want to mention names but we know these people

As for the analysis that BBnaija made over 440 million from voting that's not true. There's a revenue sharing formula when it comes to use of short codes. It will shock you to know that the telecoms/network takes close to 60% of the total revenue while the balance of the 40% is further shared between the aggregator and BBnaija (maybe at a 20% : 20%). Furthermore the cost of producing bbnaija content will also be very expensive. I doubt if their ROI is really as positive as we think.

In summary, the major take out for me is rather than "condemning" other people's contents, why don't we look for contents that we can also sell and profit from. What's the difference between watching movies, bbnaija or even the EPL. Ain't you watching people make their millions too while you sit and do nothing. We can't remove that after a day's work we all love to relax and relaxation is very subjective

My 2 cents

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by creamylicious(f): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
uminem02:
DIFFERENCE BTW AN AMERICAN FACEBOOK POST
AND A NIGERIAN FACEBOOK POST.
AMERICAN POST:
Hello, my name is Sandra Stone, I am from New
York, I love my husband so much and I can do
Anything to please him...But recently I am falling for his cousin, what should I do?
COMMENTS:
*James Silva : I think u need to talk to your husband
because marriage is all about communication.
*Sarah water : Oh my dear,sorry abt that.. Have
been in your shoes before, I had to wake up and face the fact that I am married.
*Michael paper : well just take your mind off
him and make your husband do the things you like
in his cousin..
NIGERIAN POST:
My name is Hannatu, i stay in Abuja, married with a kid, I think I am falling for my husband's cousin!
What should I do?
NIGERIAN COMMENTS:
*Dayo muyiwa : Fool, love na food?
*Nkiru joy :You are a disgrace to womanhood..shame
on u. *Idris kunle : Any news about ASUU strike?
*Toheeb sule : If u want to fall for me too, call my
no: 08103394696
*Funmi Leye: I no blame u at all, better go find
something do with your life, fall koor, stand nii
*Richard oke : Abeg who get bb charger (pin mouth) *Tony Big boy: Gaskiya u r so cute pls Add me
*Amaka Achebe: U r a prostitute, u need
deliverance!
ah swear... nigerians are very frustrating

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
I don dey buy people wechat vote for TBOSS. My friends say she do charm me, but if na charm, I love her charm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by 0b10010011: 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
chyy5:
So sad she doesn't know what's happening outside. Tbass fear efe and bisola.

Efe, Bisola an Marvis will share votes!

Debbie and Tboss will Ave block votes

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by 0b10010011: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
kin8744:
I don dey buy people wechat vote for TBOSS. My friends say she do charm me, but if na charm, I love her charm.

We will show Efe and his crew wat it takes to be a Boss

If Efe doesn't win, e should know that he peronally saved those that will rival votes with him

There I no way he will lead a Tboss with Bisola an Marvis in the house. His votes will split

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Duru009(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
Tboss will be more marketable more than any other housemates by big brother ......

Tboss will win.....

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by castrokins(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
Didn't She Also Say She Doesn't Want The Money?
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Emmatdayo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Laveda:

grin

TeamEfe. Keep voting.. Text Vote Efe to 32052 wink

Let your vote count.
i don use almost every body phone for my house vote for the guy. if he no win, them don rig am be dat
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Nellybobo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

I've often held that a few smart people will continue to make money especially in hard times. A few facts show I am right. How do I mean?

Multichoice/DSTV comes up with a bunch of crap/lowlifers bunched in a house for 90 days. Open subscription lines for the unintelligent to "vote" and we still do. They offer a prize of N25 million to its winner and some cash (plus maintenance fee/logistics for all contestants and support staff to the tune of about N100-150 million. Allow you to vote multiple times at N30/vote. The receive about 20 million votes (or more) and make a cool N400 million in profit.

Mind you, you still need to subscribe to their services to watch and vote. They target the jobless and the dunces. Because they know you're unintelligent enough to watch it, form alliances and even discuss it. Whoever wins, walks away without knowing you even exist.

Have you asked yourself, why don't they have such shows in Asia? Why was it stopped in Europe? Are you the only lazy one to come and watch jobless people sit around for three whole months? Cos if these people had a job... Even if it pays just N50,000 a month, you won't resign to go and compete in such tomfoolery.

Wake up young people and be productive... Big Brother Naija is just another way of telling you you're dumb .... And you're agreeing and nodding your head!
My brother.. it's all entertainment. Go and tell this story to shows like The Voice, America's Got Talent, Ellen Degeneres etc. Everyone hustles, so pls don't try to bring someone else's legal profitable business down
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by jbaby265(f): 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

Good point dear... I have really tried to explain to peeps around me that this is an act of foolishness.. But rather they see me as a heater.. Well I hope they read this piece of yours
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by SunnDash(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
People dat don't even vote will be shouting efe...to me he doesn't deserve winning d mola...I prefer tboss or debby rice...#team tboss
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by 4top: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Laveda:

grin

TeamEfe. Keep voting.. Text Vote Efe to 32052 wink

Let your vote count.

For wetin, una dey do general election. Abeg make una wise up.
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by uminem02(m): 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
creamylicious:
ah swear... nigerians are very frustrating
I agree but it's fun tho'
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by damoneyman007: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
SMS Vote Efe to 32052.
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by vievasforever(f): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
cooldudeng:

Why I agree with some of your analysis, I do have reservations about some.

Just to set the record straight, i'm not a fan of Bbnaija or any of the big brother shows. I don't believe I should sit around wasting my time watching others live their lives.

That said, I really would love to look at it from the concept of content is king. I'm not sure there's any show in Nigeria that you truly would have over 11 million people voting. That's close to 10% of total GSM penetration assuming we have over 100 million active subscribers. That's really commendable on the part of the organisers and a good food for thought for idle youths about cashing in on content generations

We have seen a lot of regular joes turn Instagram "celebrities" through content creation and are making money off it. I won't want to mention names but we know these people

As for the analysis that BBnaija made over 440 million from voting that's not true. There's a revenue sharing formula when it comes to use of short codes. It will shock you to know that the telecoms/network takes close to 60% of the total revenue while the balance of the 40% is further shared between the aggregator and BBnaija (maybe at a 20% : 20%). Furthermore the cost of producing bbnaija content will also be very expensive. I doubt if their ROI is really as positive as we think.

In summary, the major take out for me is rather than "condemning" other people's contents, why don't we look for contents that we can also sell and profit from. What's the difference between watching movies, bbnaija or even the EPL. Ain't you watching people make their millions too while you sit and do nothing. We can't remove that after a day's work we all love to relax and relaxation is very subjective

My 2 cents

Spot on. Epic.

Earlier, I've made the analysis made by the chap to my Aussie who doesn't like the show. But I still watch the show when I'm free. Just relaxation. But more, I can't help but marvel at the mind behind the Idea of bbn
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by nnabuikediamond(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
DRIFTyKING:
Just few days to the end of Big Brother Naija reality TV show, TBoss has revealed that she sees Marvis as her biggest challenge to winning the competition's N25M cash prize and an SUV. The housemate who disclosed this in her diary session, went further to disclose that she prays she or Debbie wins.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-spNNS-HHbnA/WOKI-sCdwjI/AAAAAAAACA4/7jm0DBMwPW864ZNM5_2Rhzf2lwTNeiItgCLcB/s640/cha_Easy-Resize.com.jpg[/img]

This is coming after the housemate pulled the biggest votes, from the 11million votes that was cast last week for housemates put up for eviction. TBoss said she's
going to give this week her all, as this is her last chance of being on a platform where everyone gets to see you at the same time.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/bbnaija-marvis-is-my-biggest-challenge.html

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by charlesucheh(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2017
NEITHER THE BOTH OF YOU WILL SEE SH*T...... EFE IS GRABBING THAT CHEESE... PERIOD.
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by DICKtator: 12:22am On Apr 04, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

No. Big Brother concept is neither dumb or for the dumb!!. And the participants are not stupid if they had jobs and resigned it. It merely means they may just have left to pursue their real dreams/passion. I repeat, the Big Brother concept is not dumb!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by BabaPissmaker(m): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

It's a big problem when a man thinks he is smarter than he really is. People that voted this contestants did so with their money and not yours. Life is easy, people should have access to entertainment if you can not fathom the value in entertainment it's nobody's fault. Asia and Europe that you and your ilk are quick to mention have much more entertainment shows than Africans. Pls apply wisdom before talking next time. Omo Ode

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by MJBOLT: 2:56am On Apr 04, 2017
you're a stupid fool where did I say they are my role models, you can't read and grab something, go school you no gree go……Your generation that is not wasted what did they achieve …scallywag

back2sender:

See mumu! So this people are your role model?
Wasted generations
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by tk4rd: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2017
Efe's fans are boasting of their large fan base..
Tboss' fans are boasting of their loyalty.. They placed/submitted N20k and N30k and even N50k worth of votes, (that is, after utilising the 100 we-chat free votes on various multiple numbers). Someone was happy that his 1560 votes were not in vain.. Imagine someone voting 1560 times.. He has no other work to do.?? (Their Reasons.?? Just to prove a point. Which point.? That too much noise is not going to help the other guys, and that quality is better than quantity.. I Pray oo)
Anyway,, You guys are so loyal.. Me myself, I come weak..
But then, TeamEfe and RisersNation,, it is time to be damm loyal too..
Fan Base alone no fit win this one shaa, based on Logistics.
But then,, in the end, na Multichoice and the network providers, na them go be the ultimate winners after all these battles.
Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by atuanso84: 7:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

no you are dumb. if it were not so, you would have seen that life is all about perspective.

people pay hundred of pounds to see life concert or watch football games weekly. what would you say are there gains. other subscribe to even porn channels. people pay to see painting and art exhibition. I ask you what are their gains.

entertainment is a relative concept that should be left wholely at the feet of individuals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by Izen: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2017
Memphis357:
The sad truth....

Oh please! Watching big brother and having a life are not mutually exclusive undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss by back2sender: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
you're a stupid fool where did I say they are my role models, you can't read and grab something, go school you no gree go……Your generation that is not wasted what did they achieve …scallywag

Yeye fowl! Ewu Gambia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drop Your Favourite Horror/Paranormal Movie Titles Here / Big Brother Titans Starts January 15, 2023 (Photos) / BBNaija: Mike Wins Bet9ja Arena Games Champion, Gets 2 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.