Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,873 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics (168732 Views)

The Black Nepa Sango Statue @ Marina Lagos Is Wearing A New Look! / HISTORY. Monarchs who ruled over Rano Kingdom (Emirate) from 1001 A.D, till date / CBN: Emefiele Ruled Out For Second Term, Failed To Get Buhari’s Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Horus(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2017

Moors Heads; Heraldry and Crests of Europe (Influence of African Moors on European Civilization)

Source:
http://originalpeople.org/moors-heads-heraldry-and-crests-of-europe-influence-of-african-moors-on-european-civilization/

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
MrMaestro:

I stopped reading after this because it just shows how ignorant you are about not only Africa, but human society as a whole. If you were a student of history, you'd understand that the main reason africa is in this mess, is because the african has refused to internalize the fact that the main driver of a society from primitive to civilization, is a recording and teaching of history.

It is because africans don't teach our history, that this thread is extremely popular, many people DON'T know about Queen Amina, or Moremi. African teachers didn't record who where the major artisans who created beautiful bronze castings, or who they depicted. They didn't record HOW these artisans were able to smelt metal for these castings. African teachers DIDN'T record HOW the Dogon tribe were able to map the sirius B star system thousands of years prior to the invention of the telescope. African teachers didn't record and teach HOW the breakthroughs the Egyptians developed in maths and science came to be. It is the primitive oral tradition, and lack of appreciation for written history, that has damned the progress of the african. I as an african can't even find a specific document on how ife bronze casting was executed step by step. Why?

So you'r telling me history is not important, would the german american Einstein have POSSIBLY been able to develop the theory of relativity if he wasn't taught about the English Isaac Newton's general relativity? Would Edwin Hubble have made breakthroughs in Cosmology if he wasn't taught in school that the Prussian Nicolaus Copernius proved the sun is the center of our solar system and not the earth? The west didn't develop overnight, and they certainly didn't develop having the mentality of not exploring the history of europe. They developed by learning about their historical achievements, learning from them and building upon them.

That's why I label your statements very shortsighted and ignorant, and just plain stupid. You say that "Exploring African history means absolutely nothing unless we develop", when you fail to realize that they exploration of history is precisely what allows a society to develop. If no one is taught anything about what people achieved and discovered in history, every generation effectively starts from scratch instead of building upon what the previous generation accomplished. Which is the MAIN problem Africa faces today, which is why we're not getting anywhere. You also mention the Ancient egypts development of pyramids while failing to realize that they were actually one of the only african civilizations that had a written history which was used to teach multiple generations. Which is precisely why they stand above other ancient african empires to today.

You just typed nonsense.

I said African history is irrelevant until there is development. And I supported my opinion with facts. Maybe you should read the facts before you rant without focus.

When did the Egyptian people build their pyramids. Is it not after they had already built their empire? Did they build their pyramids and populate their libraries before they were a strong civilization?

You lots are incorrigible. Do you think many random Europeans know two much about Emperor Augustus. It's in the history books but nominal people don't always have the time to read. To show them they are a powerful people, they develop. Then have these pockets of history emblazoned in multi-million dollar Museums and Gallerias for viewing and amassed public libraries with more information for those who want to learn more.

Tell me do we have anything like that to show case African history. Abi is it the dilapidated under funded scant museums that you want to use. Or do you think the average working family man has the time to read through hundreds of pages on a forgotten site on the Internet.

Always putting the cart before the horse.

It's no surprise that 100 years from now your descendants will still be arguing about African supremacy while the Whites are colonizing Mars.

Black supremacy my foot.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Everything Africa had in the 15th and 16th centuries were given to the black Africans by their Arab masters. All those universities were Arabic universities and learned people were all Muslims colonized and given new identities by the Arabs.

Before the Arabs brought Islamic civilization to Africa, the rest of sub-Saharan Africa was a wasteland. The only part of Africa that had a semblance of activity was Egypt and allied smaller North African city states. The Romans (Europeans) sacked Ptolemy of Egypt who was a descendant of one of Alexander's generals (another European).

Before the Islamic Moors marched on Spain and Portugal, the Europeans had already marched on the Moors, Berbers, and other Meditteranean people of North Africa. The Roman Empire sacked Egypt and Carthage (the foremost Empires in Africa at the time, none of these Empires were black dominated. In fact blacks were often slaves in these Empires).

After the fall of the Roman Empire, then the Byzantines, Europe fell into the dark Ages, while Arabia progressed to have the Islamic Golden Age. It was during this Age that the Arabs conquered the formerly Roman colonized African Empires and gave the people their the Arabic identity that they have to this day. It is those colonized Arabic blacks that are the Moors who won wars in Portugal and Spain.

Before the dark Ages, Europe was the shining star of the world. Europe found their feet again during the Renaissance period. What about the black Muslim African so-called civilizations? They effed themselves off when the Arabic Golden Age ended starting with the Crusades.

Bini and Ife are insignificant and contributed nothing significant to the known world. You want to call the Bini and Ife when we have the Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Aztec, Incan civilizations. People that did not have a written language and could not even build a formidable navy when they were close to the sea.

Give Bini and Ife 3,000 years, they would never have been like Carthage not to talk of the Ancient Egyptian empire.

What exactly did the Europeans disrupt? Killing of twins, burying of slave heads with kings, paddling with canoe when the ancient Persians had 10,000 ship navies?

The Arabs and Europeans shone the light on sub-Saharan Africa. The Moors were Muslims and carried over Islamic traditions to Spain and Portugal. Every black man in ancient civilizations answered names and practiced the culture of the civilizations they adopted.

Black Africans have been running away from the poverty-, sickness-infested sub-Saharan Africa for over 6,000 years. They are still running away today. Go to the Sahara desert and the Mediterranean sea. Develop your land with resources available, don't form attache by force. Then claim to be superior to the people who gave you your identity.

Did the Europeans force your chiefs and kings to sell off POWs as slaves? Did any White man kidnap a black person in the villages to sell as slaves? What did the chiefs, kings, and slave merchants do with the money they were paid? This is how your black politicians steal and rob fellow black people, then you guys still have the guts to blame the West for under-development.

Black on Black violence has been a curse since the beginning of time. Even till this day and in advance America, black on black violence is higher than white on black violence. We hate ourselves. How do you hate yourself and ask someone to love you? Where is that done.

-Lord
the LordAdam, you've been out of sight for a while now. Good to have you back man.
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Of course, i know Rosskii is trying to encourage us to wake up, increase our self esteem and believe we can make it.
I also think it is becoming more obvious that LordAdam16 and his likes are White people trying to dissuade/rubbish us or at least they are just some terrible self hating folks. They refused to acknowledge anything whatsoever not from anyone and continue their evil messages. I have challenged them and they cannot reply because they know they have ulterior motives.

I guess it's a challenge on us now. I think we may have to create an elightenment group or sort to drive our message to more black people. We have to form a school of thought to affect more of our people positively, cos i don't think debating and ending all these enlightenment here will make any substantial change in the real world. I myself was in complete darkness of this light of black history before and i must say i was liberated by the OP.

What do you say? Rosskii, Horus e.t.c
I'm in!

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Of course i do believe you (or even say, believe in you).

I think we really need to teach our history more. It's just that there are 2 points of view pertaining to the possible outcome of emphasizing more on our history. You share one point of view and LordAdam16 and Braden2 share another point of view. Sadly, i can see reason with your own point of view and their own point of view and i think all we need to do is to strike a balance between both views, afterall we all want to see the progress of our race and people.

On your own part you feel that emphasizing on our great history will increase our black pride positively, give us a greater self esteem and cause us to wake up to our innate greatness and make the most of it for securing our future. I strongly agree with you.
WHILE on their own part they feel emphasizing on our history would be a slap on our face and a laughable irony considering the complete contradiction of our present state and the great history we wish to emphasize on. They feel that complacency or reliance on past glory could capture our minds and make us loose focus for the great task ahead and make us less productive or aspiring.
It's just 2 sides of the same coin which i do somehow agree with, hence my thought of us drawing a meeting point between both schools of thoughts.

LordAdam16 and Braden2, i hope you guys are hearing?

Pls guys, what we are all after at the end of the day is progress for our people, just that the approach differs.
The both of you however, you guys need to tone down your harshness a little bit, because i must confess (sorry to say) that a part of me is suspecting that you guys are not Black Africans because it seems like you guys feel the black race is so worthless and has never achieved anything since this world. Let's assume/agree that we have been the worst race since this world, does it mean at least that we have no single achievement to our name at all? It's just like always scolding a child whenever he goes wrong and never commending him when he does right. Thank you guys for your understanding.

Oga there is a sharp difference between achievement and supremacy.

Achievement is we did something. Supremacy is we are better than others.

Of course sub-Saharan Africans had beautiful art which is an achievement. But so did every other people around the world.

Supremacy is that we are better than others, and if that can be true for any race, it sure as hell is not black Africans. As individuals, black Africans are brilliant and rose to the pinnacle of several societies at different points in history. As a group, black supremacy is hogwash.

Let Africa develop, while we celebrate our achievements. Not start a stupid tirade called African Supremacy that is etched in lies.

Imagine these people saying China did not have an ancient civilization that was better than Bini and Ife. They tell obvious lies. That is how Hitler and Nazi Germany started. These people are racists. They are trying to start a black brand of KKK.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Oga there is a sharp difference between achievement and supremacy.

Achievement is we did something. Supremacy is we are better than others.

Of course sub-Saharan Africans had beautiful art which is an achievement. But so did every other people around the world.

Supremacy is that we are better than others, and if that can be true for any race, it sure as hell is not black Africans. As individuals, black Africans are brilliant and rose to the pinnacle of several societies at different points in history. As a group, black supremacy is hogwash.

Let Africa develop, while we celebrate our achievements. Not start a stupid tirade called African Supremacy that is etched in lies.

Imagine these people saying China did not have an ancient civilization that was better than Bini and Ife. They tell obvious lies. That is how Hitler and Nazi Germany started. These people are racists. They are trying to start a black brand of KKK.

-Lord
Honestly, you sound like you are on some sort of drugs. You need to go and learn how to participate in a debate. You seem to think that flooding the thread with loud, bombastic innuendo, and pompous but baseless, poorly researched assertions and lies, will somehow intimidate people into towing your line. But we are made of sterner stuff.

6 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Horus(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:
See what I said? You ignored how I destroyed your earlier claim that Asians developed first before embracing their history. After I mentioned their numerous cultural links to their past, you came up with this garbled response. I cannot debate you because you are dishonest and evasive. Regards.

What are you yapping on about embracing history.

You are telling obvious lies and covering it up with it's all history.

Tell complete history. The Europeans had ancient civilizations better than anything in sub-Saharan Africa. Then Europe slipped into the Dark Ages.

During this time, Mohammed was born, he and his followers invaded and colonized Africa from the fair-skinned North Africans to the dark-skinned West Africans. It is these colonized Muslim Black Africans with the help of Arabs that conquered Spain and Portugal (not the entire Europe as you have been saying on this thread).

You talk about celebrating our culture, is Arabic naming, culture, and religion core African culture? Is Zayed an African Name? Is Musa an African name?

Present day Asia was already developing before they started their cultural awakening. Look at Japan and India. China too.

You called my facts that sub-Saharan Africa had no civilization that rivaled the greats in other continent lies. Provide facts to disprove you say no. Then you use your lies to say there is such a thing as African supremacy. And want all Africans to accept it as fact because you want us to embrace and develop.

So, Lagos that has been developing before you opened this thread accepted African Supremacy before the development started abi?

You are really sick in the head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:
Honestly, you sound like you are on some sort of drugs. You need to go and learn how to participate in a debate. You seem to think that flooding the thread with loud, bombastic innuendo, and pompous but baseless and poorly researched assertions and lies, will somehow intimidate people into towing your line. But we are made of sterner stuff.

Oga the only person giving baseless, poorly researched assertions and lies is you.

Were the Moors colonized by Islamic Arabs? Yes or No?

Did the ancient Roman Empire in all its glory exist before the Moors were colonized by Islamic Arabs? Yes or No?

Did Ife and Bini Empires exist before the Persian Empire? Yes or No?

Did the Ife and Bini Empire have navies that rival the Persian and Greek Empire navies? Yes or No?

Answer these questions truthfully, and you'll see what I've been saying all this while. That African Supremacy is a stup*d conjecture from heavily disturbed minds.

If you want to talk about sub-Saharan African achievements (even though other ancient civilizations had achievements that were miles better) count me in, but African supremacy, you must be high on horse sh*t.

You can not be superior than someone who had a far advanced civilization than you ever had.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lady Flora Shaw Lugard, wife of Lord Lugard, first British Governor-General of Nigeria, was a historian who worked for the Times of a London in the early 1900s. She wrote in her seminal book, that:

"When the history of Negroland comes to be written in detail, it may be found that the kingdoms lying towards the eastern end of Sudan (classical home of Ancient Ethiopians) were the home of races who inspired, rather than of races who received, the tradition of civilization associated for us with the name of ancient Egypt. For they cover on either side of the Upper Nile between the latitudes of ten degrees and seventeen degrees, territories in which are found monuments more ancient than the oldest Egyptian monuments. If this should prove to be the case and civilized world be forced to recognize in a black people the fount of its original enlightenment, it may happen that we shall have to revise entirely our view of the black races, and regard those who now exist as the decadent representatives of an almost forgotten era, rather than as the embryonic possibility of an era yet to come."

"The fame of the ancient Ethiopians (ancient Kushites) was widespread in ancient history. Herodotus described them as the most beautiful and long-lived of the human races, and before Herodotus, Homer, in even more flattering language, described them as the most just of men, the favorites of the gods. The annals of all the great early nations of Asia Minor are full of them. The Mosaic records allude to them frequently; but while they are described as the most powerful, the most just, and the most beautiful of the human race, they are constantly spoken of as Black, and there seems to be no other conclusion to be drawn than that at that remote period of history, the leading race of the Western World was a Black race.''

Lady Lugard/Flora Shaw Lugard, Asa G. Hilliard, III, A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria, 1910[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by TheStronghold: 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Of course, i know Rosskii is trying to encourage us to wake up, increase our self esteem and believe we can make it.
I also think it is becoming more obvious that LordAdam16 and his likes are White people trying to dissuade/rubbish us or at least they are just some terrible self hating folks. They refused to acknowledge anything whatsoever not from anyone and continue their evil messages. I have challenged them and they cannot reply because they know they have ulterior motives.

I've reached the same conclusion from my observation as well. LordAdam already stated that "Africans are filth", and braden2 stated he's also white. So on top of them saying baseless things, these just confirmed that they are to be ignored. So i've just chosen to ignored anything they say henceforth, and I advise others to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
Braden2:
Everyone's laughing at Rossikki ,Rosskii .

i'll bookmark this thread and come back whenever I feel like laughing.

Seriously, he could simply have opened this thread with a more innocuous title like When the Moors conquered Spain and Portugal and Art depicting black people in pre-modern Europe. We'll understand and I'll be cheering him up.

But when they start bringing sh*t like African Supremacy when the same Moors that did the invasion was not answering a core African name like Adekunle but bearing an Arabic name Zayed, then they'd bring a lot of shot.

Look at the names of the black people he's sharing outside Spain and Portugal in pre-modern Europe, most of them are European names. You conquered people and you started answering their names. Why did the Europeans living in Nigeria not answer Nigerian names like Emeka, Musa, and Adewale.

Very soon he'll say English is an African language because the Knights of the Round table were all black.

Just look how they switched something so beautiful to something so hideous with lies and false narratives.

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by TheStronghold: 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:
Honestly, you sound like you are on some sort of drugs. You need to go and learn how to participate in a debate. You seem to think that flooding the thread with loud, bombastic innuendo, and pompous but baseless, poorly researched assertions and lies, will somehow intimidate people into towing your line. But we are made of sterner stuff.
Just ignore them. They are derailing the entire thread. If they truly disagree with this thread, they'll just leave eventually. So how best do you think we can continue to promote such images to african children?

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by slurryeye: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
Braden2:
My dad is from Oron Nigeria,my mom is white . I can pass for Italian. But you know, you're a delusional morron. Rosskii is a clown with low self esteem. I'm only trying to help.
can you refute the facts presented?

So you are a mulatto. I know there gotta be something about you for you to be writing trash about black Africans. Not all mixed race, but most mixed race are the worst when it comes to identity. They try so hard to prove that they are black, at the same time they have serious self hate for their skin and black heritage. We have seen you, you can take your biracial ass out of a black african forum

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by khalids: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

I admire your point of view. I also share your school of thought on Nigeria being the trail blazer or pace setter. However, with the structure of Nigeria today, it would be quite difficult for Nigeria to set such an example.
The colonial settings of Nigeria left it in such a way that it would be very easy for divisions to arise.

If i may ask you, can you exactly name one factor that unites the whole of Nigeria? Or one single reasonable shared heritage which Pan-Nigerians can propagate radically to convince all Nigerians the need for our sustained unity and promote our oneness? I seriously doubt there is, we have no linguistic, cultural, religious, geographical, ideological oneness.

Had it been Nigeria has a single large majority group, it would have been somewhat better where the majority would be expected to lead and others follow or at least dominated to follow, but no, Nigeria was formed on a tripod majority stand where 3 different majority groups are always seeking for domination and exaltation of their own group, not to talk of the 2 major opposing religious group who equally want to be in control at the same time and one exalts itself over the other, just like having many captains on one boat.
Sadly, this is almost the same situation in most other African countries, the reason why you see endless ethnic/religious clashes and contests for superiority and this is why i advocate for a united Black Africa or at least a united West Africa where there would be no reasonable or sellable forms of division by the agents of division to divide the people, nothing like majority or minority ethnic or religious groups and there would be a uniting factor (Black/African nationalism).

Have you noticed that whenever Nigeria is playing in the world cup, nations cup or any soccer event, there is always unity at that point.
I believe what we need is a common rally point, a common enemy so to speak. We need to sink it into the subconscious of our populace, the importance of lifting ourselves on to greatness.....And if we can sell that, that will be our rallying point, our point of unity and then we can leave all the pettiness and move forward because they will all suddenly be of little importance, all previous points of division will appear insignificant compared to the goal and dreams ahead of us........

5 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by khalids: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Seriously, he could simply have opened this thread with a more innocuous title like When the Moors conquered Spain and Portugal and Art depicting black people in pre-modern Europe. We'll understand and I'll be cheering him up.

But when they start bringing sh*t like African Supremacy when the same Moors that did the invasion was not answering a core African name like Adekunle but bearing an Arabic name Zayed, then they'd bring a lot of shot.

Look at the names of the black people he's sharing outside Spain and Portugal in pre-modern Europe, most of them are European names. You conquered people and you started answering their names. Why did the Europeans living in Nigeria not answer Nigerian names like Emeka, Musa, and Adewale.

Very soon he'll say English is an African language because the Knights of the Round table were all black.

Just look how they switched something so beautiful to something so hideous with lies and false narratives.

-Lord

Are you sure its they that were answering European names and not the other way round....you see all the information/ knowledge you hold were provided to you by the white man, and the info giving will always tilt in their favor......We cannot really tell what is true because most of our history is lost..........We have been hearing for a long time that there were nothing like education, civilization in wets africa, we are told the first story building is that nonsense in badagry.....but just of recent they unearthed a magnificent city, with story building, unique architecture in ogun state (http://www.blackhistorystudies.com/shop/the-great-mighty-wall/article-about-eredo/).......With this example, should that not prick you to think of what other false information's we might have been fed over the years by these whites...

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by slurryeye: 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Alright we get you, stop taking this too personal. If a black guy decide to write something inspiring about his race in a black african forum, you got no right to tell him how he should present it. The last time I checked, spain and Portugal are part of Europe, hence the op starting a thread that says when black african ruled Europe is very right. The name or religion they practised is not part of discussion here. If you are uncomfortable with the info in the thread, just swerve aside and ignore.
I won't be surprised if you a Mulatto or pure white like your brother braden2

5 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
TheStronghold:

I've reached the same conclusion from my observation as well. LordAdam already stated that "Africans are filth", and braden2 stated he's also white. So on top of them saying baseless things, these just confirmed that they are to be ignored. So i've just chosen to ignored anything they say henceforth, and I advise others to do the same.

Oga answer the simple question, were the Moors colonized by Arabs? Yes or No?

You conveniently ignored where I said individually blacks are creative, and simply took black Africans are filth as your new mantra.

Lying would not bring development. You guys have been yapping that it's black Africans that brought development to Europe. And then I ask, is Alexander the Great Black? Is Julius Caesar black? Why has there not being any black pope since the creation of the Roman Catholic Church?

Europe had the dark ages and the Islamists (majorly the Moors) infiltrated to capture Spain and Portugal. Later they were driven out.

Before there was Islam, Europe had great civilizations namely the Roman Empire and Greco-Macedonian Empire. The Roman Empire in particular sacked the dominating powers in North Africa (Egypt/Alexandria and Carthage) in the height of their power. Carthage was built by Phoenicians and Egypt was ruled by European descendants of one of Alexander's general.

So the people called the Moors were effectively under European rule before the Islamic Golden Age started when Mohammed decided to wage a Jihad to conquer other people. The Moors were conquered by the Arabs. They then having assimilated with Arabic culture took the Jihad to Spain and Portugal with the help of Arabs.

They were only able to retain control of Spain and Portugal. They never advanced further into Europe. They never reached Rome.

So where is the African Supremacy coming from. All the leaders of the orders of the Roman Catholic Church were all whites. The Black knight he depicted giving instructions to a Bishop kissed the foot and ring of the Pope in Rome (a white man). So where is all this nonsense about African supremacy coming from?

You all are uneducated, ignorant, emotional hot-heads who can't be the least bothered to read the history books.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by TheStronghold: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2017

From 1931 to 1956, the Griaule studied the Dogon in field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938[29] and then annually from 1946 until 1956.[30] In late 1946, Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications.[31] They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or "star of the Sigui"[32]), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A.[33] Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 50 years.[34] They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.[35]

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the disclaimer, "The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed."[36]

In 1976, Robert K. G. Temple wrote a book called The Sirius Mystery arguing that the Dogon's system reveals precise knowledge of cosmological facts known only by the development of modern astronomy, since they appear to know, from Griaule and Dieterlen's account, that Sirius is part of a binary star system, whose second star, Sirius B, a white dwarf, is however completely invisible to the human eye (just as Digitaria has the smallest grain known to the Dogon) and that it takes 50 years to complete its orbit. The existence of Sirius B had only been inferred to exist through mathematical calculations undertaken by Friedrich Bessel in 1844.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogon_people
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Horus(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Horus(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Oga the only person giving baseless, poorly researched assertions and lies is you.

Were the Moors colonized by Islamic Arabs? Yes or No?
Were the Spaniards colonised by black African Moors, yes or no?

Did the ancient Roman Empire in all its glory exist before the Moors were colonized by Islamic Arabs? Yes or No?
Did black Egypt and Nubia exist in all their glory before Rome existed, yes or no?

Did Ife and Bini Empires exist before the Persian Empire? Yes or No?
Did Rome and Greece exist before the Kushite and Egyptian empires, yes or no?

Did the Ife and Bini Empire have navies that rival the Persian and Greek Empire navies? Yes or No?
Did the Celts and Germanic tribes have armies that rivalled the Nubian military or Shaka Zulu's armies, yes or no?

See, anyone can play this silly game of yours, where you pick a relatively weak African paradigm to juxtapose with a strong European one. It's a childish, cheap game no one here will fall for. We are far smarter than you think. Nice try though. Move on.

4 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by baby124: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Roskii for minister of culture. Though we De fight some times grin

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
khalids:

Have you noticed that whenever Nigeria is playing in the world cup, nations cup or any soccer event, there is always unity at that point.
I believe what we need is a common rally point, a common enemy so to speak. We need to sink it into the subconscious of our populace, the importance of lifting ourselves on to greatness.....And if we can sell that, that will be our rallying point, our point of unity and then we can leave all the pettiness and move forward because they will all suddenly be of little importance, all previous points of division will appear insignificant compared to the goal and dreams ahead of us........
Very well said. We need a unifying ideology. Maybe even a new religion. Homegrown of course. Something that unifies us. You are absolutely correct.
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
khalids:

Are you sure its they that were answering European names and not the other way round

If they answered other names, then it sure as hell will be Arabic which still is not a core African name.

The seat of the Umayadd Caliphate was Cordoba. It was founded in the 700s.

So if he is saying that it was the black Islamic Moors that dominated entire Europe (note he said entire Europe, even going as far as Viking territory), then the Islamic Moors would have won wars outside Spain and Portugal and eventually sacked the Roman White Pope.

But no such thing happened.

Which just proves that these other people he's posting were black individuals who emigrated from Africa to Europe. In the height of the Roman Empire it is inconceivable to believe that there were no black people in Rome. Rome was the melting pot of people of all colors. Black people were in Egypt for starters, so why not Rome. Black people would definitely be in any of those great ancient civilizations. And since slavery wasn't racial, some of those black people would have prospered in the arts, military, and eventually become knights or noble men or even rich commoners.

The black people outside the direct sphere of Moor influence in Portugal and Spain are the people I'm talking about. They answered the names of the civilizations they assimilated into and even dressed like them. There's even a prince who had royal regalia with tinge of Papal blessings. Which means that prince was sworn in allegiance to a white Pope in Rome.

So if you have black people swearing allegiance to a white pope in Rome, where does the African Supremacy idea come from?

The Popes that amassed Christian armies to sack the Arabs in far-away Jerusalem are the people this no-body is saying were relegated while black Africans reigned supreme "all over" Europe? It is the height of ingenuity.

He is doing the same thing he is accusing colonial Europeans of doing--rewriting history.

For example, we know that the Oba of Benin sent an emissary to the King of Portugal in the early 16th century. So, it is not inconceivable that black sub-Saharan Africans had been in pre-modern Europe even before the Moors invaded Portugal but traveled through the Mediterranean route.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
slurryeye:

Alright we get you, stop taking this too personal. If a black guy decide to write something inspiring about his race in a black african forum, you got no right to tell him how he should present it. The last time I checked, spain and Portugal are part of Europe, hence the op starting a thread that says when black african ruled Europe is very right. The name or religion they practised is not part of discussion here. If you are uncomfortable with the info in the thread, just swerve aside and ignore.
I won't be surprised if you a Mulatto or pure white like your brother braden2

Oga is Spain and Portugal all of Europe?'

It's like when some ignorant white people call Africa like it's one country.

Use clear language.

Black Africans did not rule Europe. Say they ruled Spain and Portugal. Europe is bigger than Spain and Portugal.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Horus(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
TheStronghold:
Just ignore them. They are derailing the entire thread. If they truly disagree with this thread, they'll just leave eventually. So how best do you think we can continue to promote such images to african children?
I think eventually, EVERYONE OF US will have access to this info. It's simply about each person sharing what they know with their peers, as is happening here. Before you know it, it's common knowledge, and we we start seeing movies on it etc etc. It will take time though. A good few years in my view, before that momentum is built.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base / Osun Poll Today, What Is Happening In Your Area? / Brgbveakijlng..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.