Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria (20273 Views)

Share Your Experience On Water Melon Farm / 3 Facts You Need To Know To Succeed In Water Melon Farming / My Dry Season Water Melon Farm In Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by NonFarmPayrol: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
johnreh:
a typical nigerian youth would hardly open this thread. they would rather help big brother generate N1.1bn in one week than use their brains and money properly.

and be fast to drop account number on 5k threasd
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by oyimaliski: 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
johnreh:
a typical nigerian youth would hardly open this thread. they would rather help big brother generate N1.1bn in one week than use their brains and money properly.

Lol... Valid though to some extent
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
binsanni:
avor adayi
Nice to meet my fellow tribe man
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by binsanni(m): 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adieza:

Nice to meet my fellow tribe man
u most welcome
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
binsanni:
u most welcome
Check my new post.
www.nairaland.com/3722839/top-10-vital-health-benefits
Atleast we need to make Ebira Popular
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
cool
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by McApata(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please a help brother fill this questionnaire, its part of my MSc GIS thesis on "Integration of Geospatial data and Social media data for Emergency Management." Thanks in anticipation. One love!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUrkmVbnNp6J40H8pu76n6Mm0VRxfZQJ9mpvUkOUq7lFNW0w/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
mantosa:
Please don't read online materials and start watermelon farming oh. Watermelon is more practical.

Na so I read every single material on watermelon and then embarked on it on a two plots of land, my people watermelon farming na ognanje. I am going into plantain farming instead.
Pls can you explain more on the challenges you faced the watermelon project cus am about to embark on it .just got an Acer of land nd watermelon seeds.

Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lorenzena:

Pls can you explain more on the challenges you faced the watermelon project cus am about to embark on it .just got an Acer of land nd watermelon seeds.

Sir why dont u try Aroms Farms For Expert Advice and Support, They Are Making Millions. Try them And U will Never Regret.
Whatsapp ‪+234 809 173 9625‬
Facebook. Aroms Farms
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by ijayebonyi(f): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Crauxx:
How do we start money farming
been looking out for such thread
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by mantosa(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
They were quite numerous. At the initial stage the plants were sleeping by evening they were a bit strong. Later they became so weak again. After that stage, the leaves turned yellow with different stunted leaves. Insects also affected it. And when the balls started forming, they begin to burst and I still couldn't figure why.

Not all the seeds even germinated, replanted again in the free spots but still same results.

I am not discouraging you but better to have an experienced hand assisting you.

Lorenzena:

Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adieza:

Sir why dont u try Aroms Farms For Expert Advice and Support, They Are Making Millions. Try them And U will Never Regret.
Facebook. Aroms Farms
thanks.Will check them out.
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
mantosa:
They were quite numerous. At the initial stage the plants were sleeping by evening they were a bit strong. Later they became so weak again. After that stage, the leaves turned yellow with different stunted leaves. Insects also affected it. And when the balls started forming, they begin to burst and I still couldn't figure why.

Not all the seeds even germinated, replanted again in the free spots but still same results.

Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
mantosa:

thanks.getting discouraged already.
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Horus(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qvcQa4Mj9I

Watermelon Farming In Benin City, Nigeria
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lorenzena:
thanks.Will check them out.
Am one of There online Partner, Try To get back to me when u contact them sir
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adieza:

ok.
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
How can I get buyers for my watermelon? Im a watermelon farmer
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
W
Adieza:

Will a plot of land be okay for it?
And what is the cost of the seed?
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Enddystar(m): 8:23am On Apr 05, 2017
Adieza:

Facebook. Aroms Farms

Where's this farm located?
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Primegold: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2017
Adieza:

Facebook. Aroms Farms

Adieza:

What exactly is Aroms Farms all about?
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Agricblog: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
Enddystar:

Where's this farm located?
Benin. visit aromsfarm.com Whatsapp:‪+234 809 173 9625‬
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Agricblog: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
Primegold:

What exactly is Aroms Farms all about?
Whatsapp:‪+234 809 173 9625‬ Facebook: Aromsfarms
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by testimonyng: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
"If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. (But) If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative" With a few words, this quote says almost all that need to be said about the benefits of cooperation and tacitly surmises that where competition ends, cooperation begins.

For the Watermelon Cucumber Stakeholders Association of Nigeria, the reality that working together brings more success both individually and collectively have instructed the forming of the Association.  The Association meets at CMD, Magodo, Lagos on Saturday 19th August 2017 from 9am. Please be there and come with your friends. Admission is free to members but N2k to non members. We will discuss about where we are coming from; where we are, detailing our milestone and where we are going. We will also discuss about our working together in clusters, the tour to Shanghai Farm, Porto Novo, and many more. Our Special Guest Speaker will put us through the secret success in Vegetables Farming such as in Ugu, melons, cucumber, Tomato, shoko, okro etc, including the hydroponics method of farming. We are also expecting Keynote Addresses by top officials from the Lagos State Ministry of Agric and if we are lucky, from the Ogun-Osun River Basin Authority. What are you waiting for? You just have to be there��‍♀��‍♀������
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by oyewole99: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2017
I want to knw,how many watermelon we can harvest on one acre of land?
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by j6ix(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
The info here is very legit and would be helpful too.
Thumbs up bro.
I am a watermelon and cucumber millionaire farmer too.
And I believe that my website would serve as a special guide to anyone that need clarity on this topic.
I have an e-book material with pictorial guides that will show you the step by step approach to farming these fruits OK.
Visit us now @: www.agro.moneywaynetwork.com

1 Like

Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Akinola100: 2:27pm On May 09, 2020
mantosa:

some of the problems your plants had were caused by you. The yellowing of leaves were caused by insufficient air flow around the plants. Probably, you planted too close. Then insects attacked because they were weak, if they were strong it would resist most of the attacks. About the fruits burst
Re: How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria by Akinola100: 2:38pm On May 09, 2020
mantosa:

The problems your plants had were caused by you. The yellowing of leaves were caused by insufficient air flow.The plants were crowded and were not receiving enough air. Then insects attacked because the plants were weak. if they were strong it would resist most of the attacks. The bursting of fruits were caused by inconsistency in watering during fruiting stage, maybe rain fell often or you watered the plants too much during fruiting stage. It's normal for seeds not to germinate when planted. So, solutions to this is planting plenty seeds so most will germinate, note that watermelon don't like transplanting when young and even some plants too. Plants (and watermelon) go into shock when transplanted, I believe the solution to this is to add so much water to the plant after transplanting to avoid shock. wink
mantosa:

The problems your plants had were caused by you. The yellowing of leaves were caused by insufficient air flow.The plants were crowded and were not receiving enough air. Then insects attacked because the plants were weak. if they were strong it would resist most of the attacks. The bursting of fruits were caused by inconsistency in watering during fruiting stage, maybe rain fell often or you watered the plants too much during fruiting stage. It's normal for seeds not to germinate when planted. So, solutions to this is planting plenty seeds so most will germinate, note that watermelon don't like transplanting when young and even some plants too. Plants (and watermelon) go into shock when transplanted, I believe the solution to this is to add so much water to the plant after transplanting to avoid shock.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. / Any Idea Of Where I Can Source For Ogbono And Crayfish @very Cheaper Rate / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.