Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. (1252 Views)

Strange Birds Ate Up 7 Acres Maize Farm! Please Help / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? / How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mundus(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
red
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by boygeorge: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
9 million naira will get me three times your farm size and inputs inclusive. You've got lots of cash to throw away. Thumbs up.
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mundus(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
boygeorge:
9 million naira will get me three times your farm size and inputs inclusive. You've got lots of cash to throw away. Thumbs up.

How do you mean?

Please explain
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Acidosis(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
Budget is too ambiguous..

Salary (N120,000) for how many staff? months/years?

With N3,000,000 budget for farm building, I do not think you need another N20,000 for lights, and another N300,000 for office equipment. Its a farm, not a service based firm.

East is one of the cheapest places to have a borehole... Back in the days, people get boreholes done manually with N30,000-40,000 but that was 6-7 years ago in Delta state. At N500,000, I think that's too outrageous, especially when you already have about N3m for building (which I expect to cover plumbing works).

Vet farm visit? What's that?

Good luck bro, only have to find a way to be more detailed and precise. State the exact costs and have a miscellaneous (overhead).

You can hire me for a comprehensive business plan (or a financial plan only). You need a professional touch to give you a 3-4 fiscal year plan.

1 Like

Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mundus(m): 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Acidosis:
Budget is too ambiguous..

Salary (N120,000) for how many staff? months/years?

With N3,000,000 budget for farm building, I do not think you need another N20,000 for lights, and another N300,000 for office equipment. Its a farm, not a service based firm.

East is one of the cheapest places to have a borehole... Back in the days, people get boreholes done manually with N30,000-40,000 but that was 6-7 years ago in Delta state. At N500,000, I think that's too outrageous, especially when you already have about N3m for building (which I expect to cover plumbing works).

Vet farm visit? What's that?

Good luck bro, only have to find a way to be more detailed and precise. State the exact costs and have a miscellaneous budget.

You can hire me for a comprehensive business plan (or a financial plan only). You need a professional touch to give you a 3-4 fiscal year plan.

Thanks for taking your time to go through it.

I already have a detailed budget, what I put up there is like a summary.

The salary is for one person at N20,000 for a month.

I am yet to get costing the correct costing for the farm building, that amount is an estimate.

The Vet doctor I met said he will charge N5,000 for every visit he makes to the farm. Is that how it's done?

How do I contact you if i need you to do something better for me? Are you a poultry farmer?

Thanks for your time once more.
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
mundus:

Thanks for taking your time to go through it.

I already have a detailed budget, what I put up there is like a summary.

The salary is for one person at N20,000 for a month.

I am yet to get costing the correct costing for the farm building, that amount is an estimate.

The Vet doctor I met said he will charge N5,000 for every visit he makes to the farm. Is that how it's done?

How do I contact you if i need you to do something better for me? Are you a poultry farmer?

Thanks for your time once more.

Okay, since you have a comprehensive plan, all that is required is a review of what has been done.

Beyond a budget (which I think you have done), you need a detailed financial plan and that should cover at least 2 to 3 fiscal years. That way, you can determine profitability and also have a profit and loss forecast.

You need to know how much you will pay your staff, you need to know how much you'll pay your vet, how much you will spend on electricity, etc in 1 fiscal year ('a point of lay'). How many visits will your vet make in one year? How much can you realize in 1 year on 200 browlers after deducting expense? How much will be left if you pay your staff (N20,000x12 months); Vet (N5000x12 months); etc?

These are some of the queries you should know before you put that amount on a business.

Meanwhile, I can be contacted via PM.. I do market research, business plans and I render general research survey services.
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Gidigidi3(m): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
mundus:
Good day guys!

My friend and I plan setting up a poultry farm in Imo state. We have already secured two plots of land and commenced the building of the farm structure. We plan to start with 2,000 birds; 1,800 pullets and 200 browlers.

We came up with the budget below and I would love the pros here to kindly look at it and tell us what we are not getting right. This will be the first time I am going into Poultry farming and I wouldn't want to make mistakes.

Farm Building 3,000,000
Battery Cage 1,650,000
Crates and cages 27,000
Feeders and drinkers 420,000
Borehole 500,000
1800 pullets 450,000
200 browlers 36,000
Vet Farm visit 20,000
Vaccination 200,000
Feeding till point of lay. 2,328,400
Salary 120,000
Lights 20,000
Generator 200,000
Office Equipments 300,000
Miscellenous expensis 100,000

Total 9,371,400

Basically, we are hoping this would be all we will need to spend until the proceeds from the farm begin to sustain itself.

what other areas should be look out for?

Bros, You are about to burn ur money. Please don't in this buhari's economy. Poultry biz is tough. First thing is that u should produce ur own feed and at cheaper rate than commercial feed. Then u should do a small pilot project before u go big. U can chat me up on WhatsApp 070. 3838. 2584
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Itanola: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
You have a very good desire but you need to seek counsel and mentorship from a successful poultry farmer in your environment. Poultry business is not a business you rush into because you have money, there are some basic things you can't joke with and I will advise you start small learn the nitty gritty of the business and then grow big. Pls seek mentorship within your environment not a consultant who is far away.

1 Like

Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Jofez: 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Can't find much problem with this except the feeders and drinkers, if you're going for manual, it'll be cheaper than that. If you're going for automatic it should be costlier than that. I believe the battery cage will come with full accessories. For the office equipment I believe you mean some farm equipment like debeaking machine, automatic vaccinator, lantern, heat source (gas brooder,coal pots), buckets, demarcator, scale, knapsack srayer etc. From the analysis, I guess you're new. You should have grouped them well. The vaccination which I believe medication should be part of it, Feeding, money for acquiring things like charcoal, kerosene, wood shavings, disinfectants, cost of doc should come under cost of production. The crates and cages, office equipment, drinkers and feeders, battery cages should come under farm equipment. Can't find feeding for the broilers because that money for feed can't feed both in this recession. I'll also advice you start small. Its not always easy at the Beginning, visit farms and learn more and get an experienced worker. I stay in the East, a poultry consultant. I've done such work for people in Imo state. You can reach me on 08108887841 call and WhatsApp. Thank you
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Astrogeotech: 6:39am On Apr 05, 2017
mundus:
Good day guys!

My friend and I plan setting up a poultry farm in Imo state. We have already secured two plots of land and commenced the building of the farm structure. We plan to start with 2,000 birds; 1,800 pullets and 200 browlers.

We came up with the budget below and I would love the pros here to kindly look at it and tell us what we are not getting right. This will be the first time I am going into Poultry farming and I wouldn't want to make mistakes.

Farm Building 3,000,000
Battery Cage 1,650,000
Crates and cages 27,000
Borehole 500,000
1800 pullets 450,000
200 browlers 36,000
Vet Farm visit 20,000
Vaccination 200,000
Salary 120,000
Lights 20,000
Generator 200,000

Total 9,371,400

Basically, we are hoping this would be all we will need to spend until the proceeds from the farm begin to sustain itself.

For your borehole drilling contact us whatsapp or call... 08136569906

Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Rzq4: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2017
mundus:
Good day guys!

Farm Building 3,000,000
Battery Cage 1,650,000
Crates and cages 27,000
Borehole 500,000
1800 pullets 450,000
200 browlers 36,000
Vet Farm visit 20,000
Vaccination 200,000
Salary 120,000
Lights 20,000
Generator 200,000

Total 9,371,400

I'm from the West. with that amount at your disposal you should be about to raise nothing less than 4k layers and 500 broilers if managed well. Get a well experienced and trusted farmer to guide you. there are many ways of breaking down the cost. or you can contact me on WhatsApp:07067114951. will share you my experience
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mujeebmuhsin: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
Going by the post, I believe you don't have any experience in poultry farming. As you may have heard, poultry farming is very lucrative but not a straightforward venture. Starting small will make a lot of sense. In my opinion, money close to 10million is way too much to start a business you know nothing about, a business as risky as poultry farming... especially when you can start small.
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mundus(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Acidosis:

Okay, since you have a comprehensive plan, all that is required is a review of what has been done.

Beyond a budget (which I think you have done), you need a detailed financial plan and that should cover at least 2 to 3 fiscal years. That way, you can determine profitability and also have a profit and loss forecast.

You need to know how much you will pay your staff, you need to know how much you'll pay your vet, how much you will spend on electricity, etc in 1 fiscal year ('a point of lay'). How many visits will your vet make in one year? How much can you realize in 1 year on 200 browlers after deducting expense? How much will be left if you pay your staff (N20,000x12 months); Vet (N5000x12 months); etc?

These are some of the queries you should know before you put that amount on a business.

Meanwhile, I can be contacted via PM.. I do market research, business plans and I render general research survey services.
I have not seen your PM
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by mundus(m): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rzq4:

I'm from the West. with that amount at your disposal you should be about to raise nothing less than 4k layers and 500 broilers if managed well. Get a well experienced and trusted farmer to guide you. there are many ways of breaking down the cost. or you can contact me on WhatsApp:07067114951. will share you my experience

Thanks very much
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by Acidosis(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
mundus:
I have not seen your PM
I responded to your mail yesterday.
I've sent another PM, kindly check
Re: Criticise This Budget For A Poultry Farm Please. by joinnow: 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
Contact me I will give you a bankable poultry biz plan.also shoe you a fund mgt you invest 1.2mlm and receive monthly return of 300k. Note before you pay you come with your lawyer to sign the mou. After one year you can withdraw ur capital if you no longer want to continue. Ur investment is 100%secured
.note it's not ponzi.

(1) (Reply)

Agricultural Retailing And Marketing / 31.69 Hac Of Farmland For Sale 500,000 Per Hac / 300bags Of Poultry Litters Of Point Of Lay(on The Floor) Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.