Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

... - Agriculture (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316422 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2018
this is weather dependent was why I said the standard is 15days.
EMMAACHILE:

With the Ross strain, ita usually 5 days
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2018
Turks:
this is weather dependent was why I said the standard is 15days.
I notice after 5 days, Agrited chicks can tolerate 26c without heat.
Re: ... by potosky: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

is Marshall good for lokoja weather?
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2018
potosky:
is Marshall good for lokoja weather?
I dont know.
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 11:01am On Dec 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Get admacine or virusine or any other antiviral for five days.
OK...thanks..got it...let me kip watching them...they all look fine...
Re: ... by matoseyems(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Senatordeproff:
Today makes my 200 Chikun birds 6days and no mortality recorded

I am carefully using Oga @EMMAACHILE Drug regime and it's going well

Plz can I get the drug regime u are using for urs
Re: ... by Turks: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
Not when you have up to 5k birds. They’ll cluster for sure hence a stampede
EMMAACHILE:

Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Which of the drug schedule? I have plenty. How do you get these chicks from Olam?

Yes from Olams. Less I forget, I only heat them up at night, because my side is very hot (Calabar). All are still active as at this moment

Below is your drug schedule I am using

Re: ... by pheonixdld2(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
Zeazytee2320:
Good morning fellaz. Anyone in need of day old chicks in Abuja. Contact me
Good afternoon chief......there is no number to contact you on...
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
This is one of my broiler 3months 2wks old ,I left like 10 birds for Xmas and new year ,raised mostly organically cool

@ emmaachile I hail ooo

Re: ... by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
I was surprised all my male broiler crows shocked

1 Like

Re: ... by potosky: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello guys. My birds are 17day old today. Is it advisable to take them to their cage now?
Re: ... by potosky: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
The birds and the cage

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
potosky:
The birds and the cage

If where they are currently can contain them better leave them in the room.
If kept in the cage Ur birds will be under heat stress if ur place is very sunny and hot especially for the ones on the top tier because of the zinc roofing. U can reduce it by keeping cartons ontop of the zinc to serve as insulation
Re: ... by potosky: 3:54am On Dec 11, 2018
ezkimow:

If where they are currently can contain them better leave them in the room.
If kept in the cage Ur birds will be under heat stress if ur place is very sunny and hot especially for the ones on the top tier because of the zinc roofing. U can reduce it by keeping cartons ontop of the zinc to serve as insulation
what about ventilation?
Re: ... by potosky: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
My broilers have been coughing and there is water coming out of their nose since. Please help
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2018
potosky:
My broilers have been coughing and there is water coming out of their nose since. Please help

Any picture of the affected birds will help in diagnosis of whats exactly the problem, the color and texture of dropping - but most likely it's respiratory disease, u should try using Tylan(tylosin tarterate 200mg) or Tylodox extra. Isolate sick ones to prevent spreading, but treat the whole flock.

Good luck
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:23am On Dec 12, 2018
potosky:
what about ventilation?

If the room is not properly ventilated, then take them to the cage, but remember to protect them from over heating from the sun and cold during the night.
Good luck sir.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2018
23days and counting......
These guys can chop sha! grin grin grin

Re: ... by potosky: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
ezkimow:

Any picture of the affected birds will help in diagnosis of whats exactly the problem, the color and texture of dropping - but most likely it's respiratory disease, u should try using Tylan(tylosin tarterate 200mg) or Tylodox extra. Isolate sick ones to prevent spreading, but treat the whole flock

Good luck
All the birds are coughing. I kept them in a room with two windows and the door is open down during day time. I will check later for their dropping and they are not eating like before. Thanks

Re: ... by Mzora(f): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2018
right now I'm sad...lost more than 5 birds(all very mature just waiting for Christmas to sell off),since Saturday...I got baomycin when I noticed some were weak...closing their eyes and barely feeding like b4..plus green poop.after I finished that I lost another one...went back to the vet store was given tri sulfa coc...still lost another one this afternoon...what could be wrong pls...I'm depressed...note:body seemed hot when touched.
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
Turks:
That bird is extremely sick. Can we have a picture of your pen?
Awfully sorry for my late reply. My office has me working on an Appeal file that my principal neglected until we are almost out of time. The picture of my pen
is attached

Re: ... by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2018
Mzora:
right now I'm sad...lost more than 5 birds(all very mature just waiting for Christmas to sell off),since Saturday...I got baomycin when I noticed some were weak...closing their eyes and barely feeding like b4..plus green poop.after I finished that I lost another one...went back to the vet store was given tri sulfa coc...still lost another one this afternoon...what could be wrong pls...I'm depressed...note:body seemed hot when touched.
Sorry. What drugs are you administering now?
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
potosky:
All the birds are coughing. I kept them in a room with two windows and the door is open down during day time. I will check later for their dropping and they are not eating like before. Thanks
What have you used to treat the cough?
Re: ... by yusufidoko: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2018
GOD BLESS ALL THE RESOURCE PERSONS ON THIS FORUM WE SHALL ALL MAKE IT BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Re: ... by potosky: 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

What have you used to treat the cough?
am using garlic, ginger and Honey. Oga Turks told me to add lime.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 2:54am On Dec 13, 2018
potosky:

*My advice, treat with anti-biotics ASAP, mycoplasma infection is most likely the cause of what your birds are experiencing if they're not passing out green poo(though there are still other possibilities), thiamulin or tylosin are the two most effective drugs against the mycoplasma spp. given for 5 days or as indicated on the drug's package.

*Also, I noticed that the quality of wood shavings used predisposes them to respiratory infections. That's why I stopped using mine, as the bird run and play around, they raise dust particles in these shavings, which they breathe in, and then they fall Ill shortly.
I think if you can take care of this, with proper ventilation, ur birds shouldn't have this issue again.

Good luck sir

1 Like

Re: ... by potosky: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2018
ezkimow:

*My advice, treat with anti-biotics ASAP, mycoplasma infection is most likely the cause of what your birds are experiencing if they're not passing out green poo(though there are still other possibilities), thiamulin or tylosin are the two most effective drugs against the mycoplasma spp. given for 5 days or as indicated on the drug's package.

*Also, I noticed that the quality of wood shavings used predisposes them to respiratory infections. That's why I stopped using mine, as the bird run and play around, they raise dust particles in these shavings, which they breathe in, and then they fall Ill shortly.
I think if you can take of this, with proper ventilation, ur birds shouldn't have this issue again.

Good luck sir
as for the saw dust that is the only thing I can get for now. Thanks alot. I have looked everywhere for tylosin but I did not see it
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2018
potosky:
as for the saw dust that is the only thing I can get for now. Thanks alot. I have looked everywhere for tylosin but I did not see it

If u must use saw dust, u can reduce the dust content by use of a plastic sieve/mesh - put the saw dust in it and shake until particulates are no longer coming out of the sieve. That should leave only the wood shavings with negligible dust particles in the sieve which u can use.

If u don't get the tylosin, ask for Tylodox extra. If u can't get these tell the vet store to give you any potent ANTI-CRD drug.
Re: ... by potosky: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
ezkimow:

If u must use saw dust, u can reduce the dust content by use of a plastic sieve/mesh - put the saw dust in it and shake until particulates are no longer coming out of the sieve. That should leave only the wood shavings with negligible dust particles in the sieve which u can use.

If u don't get the tylosin, ask for Tylodox extra. If u can't get these tell the vet store to give you any potent ANTI-CRD drug.
am using wood shavings. I got floricol this morning. Hope it works
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Sorry. What drugs are you administering now?
still on tri sulfa coc

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.