Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

... - Agriculture (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316456 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
shehufaruq:

Please any one in the house who can help should say something
Treat with anticocci drug.
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Treat with anticocci drug.
Ok sir. I administered lasota this morning, hope no problem if i give them anticocci tomorrow hopefully
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:01am On Dec 04, 2018
shehufaruq:

What's the logic behind that sir

Sorry, I don't get your question
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:06am On Dec 04, 2018
shehufaruq:

What's the logic behind that sir

Well if u meant why the feed has to be raised, there are some reasons for doing so;
*Minimize feed contamination with their droppings
*Eliminate habit of sitting while eating, which could lead to lameness or sore.......

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 04, 2018
shehufaruq:

Ok sir. I administered lasota this morning, hope no problem if i give them anticocci tomorrow hopefully
Avoid it. You can try herbal like one small onion bulb to their water.
Do you have a drug timetable?

1 Like

Re: ... by shehufaruq: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Avoid it. You can try herbal like one small onion bulb to their water.
Do you have a drug timetable?
Day 1 Glucose
Day 2 - 5 multivitamin+antibiotic
Day 6 ginger/garlic
Day 7 ginger/garlic
Day8-day12 gave virucine sulution k for the watery faeces and it was managed
Day 13 fresh water
Day 14 lasota
Day 15 fresh water
Re: ... by Floryangel8: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Please my broilers were diagnosed of typhoid. What quick response can I give
Re: ... by adisabarber(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2018
Floryangel8:
Please my broilers were diagnosed of typhoid. What quick response can I give

A broad spectrum antibiotic should do, like E.S.T mix or N.C.O mix
Re: ... by potosky: 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2018
Hello house. Please is it advisable to sale 4 weeks broiler for #900?
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2018
potosky:
Hello house. Please is it advisable to sale 4 weeks broiler for #900?

We can't tell for sure.
What you should do is to sum up your expenses on the birds(DOC,Drugs,Vaccines,Feed,Wood shavings, Charcoal Or Kerosene, transport, etc) , divide the total expenses by the number of birds you have for sell, that should give u ur approximate production cost/bird - then you'll know If you're selling at a loss or not.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: ... by temitopteas: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2018
greetings to all poultry bird breeders in d house. well I have been a quiet fan of this page for a long time... I have missed a lot ...the tread keeps expanding and more educative.. all tanks to dose who have one way or d other contributed 2 d development of this page .. pls I like to ask if there is any whatsapp group where things about agriculture and poultry farming are discussed at length pls quote me.. with the link or admins phone no.. thanks
Re: ... by potosky: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
ezkimow:

We can't tell for sure.
What you should do is to sum up your expenses on the birds(DOC,Drugs,Vaccines,Feed,Wood shavings, Charcoal Or Kerosene, transport, etc) , divide the total expenses by the number of birds you have for sell, that should give u ur approximate production cost/bird - then you'll know If you're selling at a loss or not.
Good luck
ok thanks. My birds are just 2 weeks but someone wants to buy them once they are 4 weeks at #900 per bird. I will wait till then.
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 12:12am On Dec 07, 2018
Good evening all, a number of my birds have been acting funny recently. Their wings droop and they walk with their wings spread apart like they are feeling hot. I first noticed the most recent case of droopy wings yesterday morning when I was cleaning their cage. I had to isolate two birds in the past due to NDV. I have administered lasota vaccine twice, the last dose was given this past Saturday.
Could the droopy wings be caused by NDV or some other disease is at play here? Thanks for the anticipated timely response.

Modified* The birds with droopy wings normally act lethargic at first and don't show any interest in feeding but start eating after a while. I isolate them the moment I notice the droopy wings.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 3:49am On Dec 07, 2018
FlintGuevara:
Good evening all, a number of my birds have been acting funny recently. Their wings droop and they walk with their wings spread apart like they are feeling hot. I first noticed the most recent case of droopy wings yesterday morning when I was cleaning their cage. I had to isolate two birds in the past due to NDV. I have administered lasota vaccine twice, the last dose was given this past Saturday.
Could the droopy wings be caused by NDV or some other disease is at play here? Thanks for the anticipated timely response.

Modified* The birds with droopy wings normally act lethargic at first and don't show any interest in feeding but start eating after a while. I isolate them the moment I notice the droopy wings.

I'm afraid you will have to give more information about their health -
*their age
*what their droppings look like
*are they active or dull
*do their feathers look ruffled
*do they stand alone for long periods of time without moving, eating or interacting with other chicks
*are they taking more of water than feed.... And anything you've observed so far

Pls attach clear pictures. Someone in the house should be able to help you in no time.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 3:53am On Dec 07, 2018
potosky:
ok thanks. My birds are just 2 weeks but someone wants to buy them once they are 4 weeks at #900 per bird. I will wait till then.

All the best Sir
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
ezkimow:

I'm afraid you will have to give more information about their health -
*their age
*what their droppings look like
*are they active or dull
*do their feathers look ruffled
*do they stand alone for long periods of time without moving, eating or interacting with other chicks
*are they taking more of water than feed.... And anything you've observed so far

Pls attach clear pictures. Someone in the house should be able to help you in no time.

The birds are six weeks and 5 days old. Their droppings are clay coloured with white cap I noticed two green droppings last night, but I fed them pawpaw leaves so it could have influenced the colour of their droppings.
The ones I isolated are active, but I don't plan on reintroducing them to the flock since they came in contact with the two birds with twisted necks in the course of their isolation. The inactive bird doesn't feed that much, it also doesn't drink that much and it's loosing weight. It is always in a broody position.

Attached below are pictures of the inactive bird.

Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
I just noticed this dropping from the sick bird. Pardon my having to post something this gross here.

Re: ... by Mzora(f): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2018
very urgent pls....just lost one of my birds...no symptoms...but I noticed one is closing the eye...what could be wrong...I'm in tears right now...just few days to sales...I have separated it already...went to fill their water can and noticed one is dead now...all of them were ok in the morning.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mzora:
very urgent pls....just lost one of my birds...no symptoms...but I noticed one is closing the eye...what could be wrong...I'm in tears right now...just few days to sales...I have separated it already...went to fill their water can and noticed one is dead now...all of them were ok in the morning.
It happens like that at times. It could be many things like cardiac arrest, heat, etc
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
FlintGuevara:
I just noticed this dropping from the sick bird. Pardon my having to post something this gross here.
It could be coccidiosis or Newcastle (twisted neck) or even gumboro (broody stay).

When did you treat any of these?
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It happens like that at times. It could be many things like cardiac arrest, heat, etc
I just lost extra two....still wondering what happened to them.....just this evening lost one...noticed one closing the eye and sitting in a corner.went back and 2 had died...just like that... what should I treat the others against.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mzora:
I just lost extra two....still wondering what happened to them.....just this evening lost one...noticed one closing the eye and sitting in a corner.went back and 2 had died...just like that... what should I treat the others against.
Have you treated any antiviral before? When last do you apply antibiotics?
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Have you treated any antiviral before? When last do you apply antibiotics?
I gave them tylodox like 2 weeks ago..just for preventive not curative...haven't given them any other thing apart from their food and water..and I maintain srz hygiene wen handling them.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mzora:
I gave them tylodox like 2 weeks ago..just for preventive not curative...haven't given them any other thing apart from their food and water..and I maintain srz hygiene wen handling them.
Get admacine or virusine or any other antiviral for five days.
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It could be coccidiosis or Newcastle (twisted neck) or even gumboro (broody stay).

When did you treat any of these?
I last administered lasota on the 30th of November. The last gumboro vaccine was given on the 9th of November. I haven't given anticocci in over a week.
Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2018
Today makes my 200 Chikun birds 6days and no mortality recorded

I am carefully using Oga @EMMAACHILE Drug regime and it's going well

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2018
They will
ambient:
I have very fat broilers i started d with in august ,i want to eat them this festive season.do you guys think they will last,do broiler have a short lifespan?
Re: ... by Turks: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2018
Standard heating is 15days except it exceptionally hot. We advice you have a thermometer in your brooder.
potosky:
My birds are one week old today. Should i stop lighting charcoal for them?
Re: ... by Turks: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2018
That bird is extremely sick. Can we have a picture of your pen?
FlintGuevara:
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2018
Turks:
Standard heating is 15days except it exceptionally hot. We advice you have a thermometer in your brooder.
With the Ross strain, ita usually 5 days
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2018
Senatordeproff:
Today makes my 200 Chikun birds 6days and no mortality recorded

I am carefully using Oga @EMMAACHILE Drug regime and it's going well
Which of the drug schedule? I have plenty. How do you get these chicks from Olam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.