Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

... - Agriculture (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315817 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 11:25am On Dec 22, 2018
Noted
Turks:
- Your stocking density isn’t ok
- Your bedding isn’t enough.
- The pen isn’t well lit

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
Turks:
Good job! They look good☺️

I see a lot of males in there.

Thanks sir
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
I killed that my giant broiler today

Mehn see meat shocked

Re: ... by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Merry Xmas everyone cool
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
Guys is it OK to sell broilers at a gain of 200naira for each chicken?
Re: ... by obstead200(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2018
shehufaruq:
even at the worst times, I can't sell my broilers with less than N400 gross profit. The minimum profit per bird I made on the broilers I sold this Xmas is N800. And it is because I sold wholesale. Most were sold with N1000 and above profit per bird. Still on wholesale.

Non festive period I peg my profit at N500 minimum. Raise for 7weeks and sell off before they clock 9 weeks.
Re: ... by obstead200(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
shehufaruq:
but if u have no choice, rather than make a loss, just sell off and recover Ur cash
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Winningways01:
I killed that my giant broiler today

Mehn see meat shocked
Chunky in size. I prefer broilers over 3.5kg
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 6:10am On Dec 26, 2018
Wow! This is interesting, just got into the business. Please what's ur location and how much do you spend on each broiler to attain 7weeks?

obstead200:
even at the
worst times, I can't sell my broilers with less than N400 gross profit. The minimum profit per bird I made on the broilers I sold this Xmas is N800. And it is because I sold wholesale. Most were sold with N1000 and above profit per bird. Still on wholesale.

Non festive period I peg my profit at N500 minimum. Raise for 7weeks and sell off before they clock 9 weeks.
Re: ... by obstead200(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2018
shehufaruq:
Wow! This is interesting, just got into the business. Please what's ur location and how much do you spend on each broiler to attain 7weeks?

N1,100 give or take N50. I'm in Owerri. This is based on regular DOC price of N250 per bird. Not Xmas price

1 Like

Re: ... by sammorad(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
obstead200:

N1,100 give or take N50. I'm in Owerri. This is based on regular DOC price of N250 per bird. Not Xmas price

I am always interested in this question of ' how much do I sell my broilers?, what should my profit margin be? '

Like every other business, we are in 4 profit. Unfortunately, many of us over estimate our profit, while others under price themselves.

There are 3 important questions.

1) What is the selling price in my environment?

2) what kind of market do I have

and lastly how much is my cost price?

Until u answer dis 3 questions, I believe u are not yet there.

Each area, I mean ur location is unique on its own.

Likewise the market u target is another thing u must understand, I have sold birds weighing as much as 3kg after slaughter and likewise less than 1kg.

Top of the questions, is how do u calculate ur cost?

Ur cost must include the cost of raising the birds u lost during productions, and the cost incurred until d last bird leaves ur pen.

Now u can sit down and see how profitable d business is for u in ur location. How

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Agripreneur: 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
Merry Christmas guys.

Re: ... by obstead200(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
sammorad:

I am always interested in this question of ' how much do I sell my broilers?, what should my profit margin be? '

Like every other business, we are in 4 profit. Unfortunately, many of us over estimate our profit, while others under price themselves.

Likewise the market u target is another thing u must understand, I have sold birds weighing as much as 3kg after slaughter and likewise less than 1kg.

Ur cost must include the cost of raising the birds u lost during productions, and the cost incurred until d last bird leaves ur pen.

Now u can sit down and see how profitable d business is for u in ur location. How
I have a template on Excel which I use to measure my cost. I designed the template to accurately ascertain costs based on the number of birds on ground at any point in time. Both thefts, mortalities and so on are taken into consideration. When I sell some of the birds, I update my template accordingly to reflect the facts that the cost from that point upwards is incurred on fewer birds. That way, I can't go wrong.
Re: ... by Bentila(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
Turks:
It’s a natural antibiotic. Make sure it’s served fresh and served immediately after blending/crushing especially the garlic. Thank you.
Oga Turk, can you pls send a detailed write up on how to organically raise birds from day old to 7-8weeks? Kindly also include disease control measures, treatment of various diseases. I intend doing fully organic by January thanks alot sir(you can send to agamre1@yahoo.com)

3 Likes

Re: ... by Turks: 4:45am On Dec 27, 2018
Are you willing to pay for this? grin
Bentila:

Oga Turk, can you pls send a detailed write up on how to organically raise birds from day old to 7-8weeks? Kindly also include disease control measures, treatment of various diseases. I intend doing fully organic by January thanks alot sir(you can send to agamre1@yahoo.com)
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2018
My Birds at 39 days
Averaging 2.3kg in weight

Re: ... by potosky: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2018
ezkimow:
My Birds at 39 days
best of luck. Am dressing my own right now. They start dying yesterday evening so I got angry and decided to kill the rest. Thinking of buyers now
Re: ... by nwabuwa: 4:48am On Dec 28, 2018
What could this be..

Re: ... by nwabuwa: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2018
What could this be.. tears coming out of the eyes , some of the eyes closed..

Re: ... by Funlag: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2018
nwabuwa:
it called coryza...go and get antibiotics
Re: ... by bixton(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
sammorad:

[b]Ur cost must include the cost of raising the birds u lost during productions, [/b]and the cost incurred until d last bird leaves ur pen.

Please can you explain how you go about the bold ?

Use the assumption of starting up with 1000 birds and about 300 birds lost in the production process..
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
bixton:

Please can you explain how you go about the bold ?

Use the assumption of starting up with 1000 birds and about 300 birds lost in the production process..

Honestly I don't understand ur question, kindly shed more light or u can reach me on my phone below.

I will be glad to answer al of ur questions
Re: ... by nwabuwa: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
Funlag:
it called coryza...go and get antibiotics
I gave CTC..

Re: ... by Funlag: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
nwabuwa:

I gave CTC..
nice that's what I used for my birds also..and it worked...just use it for 5-6 days
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 6:46am On Dec 29, 2018
nwabuwa:

Looking closely at d pics u sent, Seams ur feeding trays are on d floor,

Try and get cone feeders, u can conveniently hang dem.

Placing their feeders away from the floor will help reduce issues and save waste too.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 8:08am On Dec 29, 2018
potosky:
best of luck. Am dressing my own right now. They start dying yesterday evening so I got angry and decided to kill the rest. Thinking of buyers now

Hard luck bro. You should have called processors to come and buy them all.

I've made arrangements for mine already, latest Monday they'll be processed - they're giving a price of #870/kilo of dressed chicken.

I have one very sick one and I'm thinking of eating it, since I can't administer antibiotics & anticoxx at this time because of withdrawal.... Currently controlling Cox using ACV + garlic + cinnamon
No mortality recorded
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2018
ezkimow:
My Birds at 39 days
Good job bro. If its for sale, start offloading them except you want to keep for personal dinner. 2.3kg average at under 6 weeks is a big feat which even some experienced farmers don't get shocked

I am experimenting with one addictive called Elrox (glucose oxidase) and so far working well on the brids. Seems to take care of coccidiosis too

1 Like

Re: ... by potosky: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2018
ezkimow:

Hard luck bro. You should have called processors to come and buy them all.

I've made arrangements for mine already, latest Monday they'll be processed - they're giving a price of #870/kilo of dressed chicken.

I have one very sick one and I'm thinking of eating it, since I can't administer antibiotics & anticoxx at this time because of withdrawal.... Currently controlling Cox using ACV + garlic + cinnamon
No mortality recorded
I sold mine yesterday. 1k per kilo. The guys that helped me out only killed 26. I gave them one and I sold 25. Now am left with 19. Still a good business if u can get good birds.

1 Like

Re: ... by nwabuwa: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2018
sammorad:

Looking closely at d pics u sent, Seams ur feeding trays are on d floor,

Try and get cone feeders, u can conveniently hang dem.

Placing their feeders away from the floor will help reduce issues and save waste too.
They are hanged bro..thanks for ur input. The birds won't be able to feed well from the wooden feeder if hanged, this made me to leave it on the ground. Other feeders conical and wooden , are all hanged.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Good job bro. If its for sale, start offloading them except you want to keep for personal dinner. 2.3kg average at under 6 weeks is a big feat which even some experienced farmers don't get shocked
Thanks for the encouragement, you and other farmers in the house contributed in no small way, and I appreciate.... I'm selling by Monday

EMMAACHILE:

am experimenting with one addictive called Elrox (glucose oxidase) and so far working well on the brids. Seems to take care of coccidiosis too
Following and all the best sir
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
potosky:
I sold mine yesterday. 1k per kilo. The guys that helped me out only killed 26. I gave them one and I sold 25. Now am left with 19. Still a good business if u can get good birds.

That's a very good price.....
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
The Goliath and David of the flock
3.2kg Vs 1.5kg

I will be weighing the entire flock tomorrow after church, so that I can get the total weight and mean weight...

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.