Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

... - Agriculture (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (317082 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2018
Winningways01:
Still keeping some for Xmas cool
@ emmaachile
How many weeks? Check your cost
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Koudjis broiler concentrate 10% formula
can the kbc be gotten from local feedmill. Also, can this formula be used for turkey? If yes, pls state and if not, kindly drop the one for turkey. Tanks in anticipatn.
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
babyboy4every1:

can the kbc be gotten from local feedmill. Also, can this formula be used for turkey? If yes, pls state and if not, kindly drop the one for turkey. Tanks in anticipatn.
It can be gotten anywhere including feed sellers. The KBC 10% is meant for broilers. Its cp of 23% starter, 22% grower and 20% finisher is below nutritional requirement for turkey.

Turkey need at least 28% starter feed.
Re: ... by Tosynben: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Pls house the intestine of dis chicken was filled with blood like fluid,can someone tell wat happened and medications I can give.
Re: ... by Tosynben: 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
See the picture below

Re: ... by Fomaj: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
Tosynben:
See the picture below
Looks like a case of Coccidiosis in chicken...caused by a protozoan in this case, Eimeria specie. The oocyst destroys the intestines with evidence of haemorrhage (the blood you see in the intestine). And infected birds shed this oocyst in the litter contaminating feed and water. You could give an anti-coccidiocidal drug like Amprolium( in the drinking water) . Be sure to change the litter and avoid spilling water on litter too.

2 Likes

Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
Thanks mr emma, pls gv me d details of turkey feed formulae like below example. 0-17 days KBC 10 will be 12.5kg, maize 60kg and soyabean meal will be 27.5kg for starter
17-37 days KBC 10 will be 15kg, maize 97.5kg and soyabean meal 37.5kg for grower
37-50 days (averagely) KBC 10 will be 12kg, maize 104kg and soyabean meal 34kg for finisher
Total will be KBC 40kg (21,000) Maize 260kg Soya meal or full fat 100kg
Re: ... by Piefarm: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
good day allnew on hereplease where can i get oregoplus? im in lagos
Re: ... by Olobojay(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
sammorad:

Hmmmm,

Poultry feeds like we all know take more than 85% of our cost in poultry production. In fact I always tell pple coming in fresh to dis biz that you should just take it that you are selling feed.

Now your question, there are 2 ways to come about feed, commercial feeds or mill your self. Depending on your environment and how much u av in your pocket. For starters with little experience I advice you go with commercial feed from a REPUTABLE organisation, like topfeed, amo, vital feed and co.

For broiler production, you use starter and finisher, the basic difference between the 2 is the protein and energy composition.

For egg production, you will be saddled with chick mash or starter( i use starter, i dont use chick mash-- personal prefernce), grower which is low in protein content and finally the layers ration.

Honestly, if you intend milling your feed, i always advice you use a nutritionist. So many pple go about with different formulas which dey cannot explain or defend but they will tell u it works for them.

In poultry, it is good that you are able to identify the root cause of a problem to enable you address it well and reduce your risk

Buy birds from reputable farms and if you will use commercial feed, buy from reputable organisations with good trade marks.

How long are we suppose to use the starter before switching to finisher
Re: ... by Olobojay(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Change to 2 fresh pepper or atarodo and 1/2 onion bulb to the 3 litre water.

Are we supposed to blend the pepper and onions and add it to their water??
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Olobojay:

Are we supposed to blend the pepper and onions and add it to their water??
Anyone you want

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
Olobojay:

How long are we suppose to use the starter before switching to finisher
4-5 weeks

1 Like

Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

4-5 weeks
gud day mr emma. U'r yet 2 reply me sir. Pls giv me details of turkey feed formulation like d % of kbc, maize &soyabeans needed in starter, grower &finisher. Tanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
babyboy4every1:

gud day mr emma. U'r yet 2 reply me sir. Pls giv me details of turkey feed formulation like d % of kbc, maize &soyabeans needed in starter, grower &finisher. Tanks
I don't know.
Re: ... by Eliusdgenie(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Eliusdgenie:
please what's kBC 10
Oga Emma please I have a 4wks old broiler that is having issues standing, thought it's eating n drinking fine it can't seem to stand. I have been giving calcium supplements for 2days now yet no improvement... what could be wrong
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
Eliusdgenie:
Oga Emma please I have a 4wks old broiler that is having issues standing, thought it's eating n drinking fine it can't seem to stand. I have been giving calcium supplements for 2days now yet no improvement... what could be wrong
Which calcium supplement are you using?
Re: ... by Olobojay(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
4-5 weeks
Thanks
Re: ... by noblealuu: 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hello Mr Ema et al, what Fattener can I give my 5weeks old broilers to get them ready on or before 20th December? Have started them on finisher mash but feed them morning and evening when I'm back from work . pls I seek your advice asap.
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
noblealuu:
Hello Mr Ema et al, what Fattener can I give my 5weeks old broilers to get them ready on or before 20th December? Have started them on finisher mash but feed them morning and evening when I'm back from work . pls I seek your advice asap.
Whats the number of broilers? And what feed are you using?
Re: ... by noblealuu: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Whats the number of broilers? And what feed are you using?

About 70 birds. Self- compounded feed(21% crude protein). Feed equivalent to Top feed.
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
noblealuu:

Today is 14th November, and Christmas week is approximately 5 weeks from today.

Your birds are already 5 weeks old as stated above. I am strongly feel you do not need a fattener, all you need to do is continues feeding(none stop) with light available 24-7.

Get a good multivitamin like nebro, bio vit-plus etc , good bio security ensure your litter is dry ( no coccidiosis) and administer ur lasota as at when due, lastly de-worm the birds at five - six weeks.

I can confidently assure you, that you will get a good result.

I will like us all to always bear in mind that the birds we raise are for human consumption, as such all practice must b to standard.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: ... by Jummy2010: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please oga emmachile I need ur help sir,what can I use to treat marek organically cos I have lost twenty 10 weeks broilers to the disease and still counting. Please sir your help is urgently needed. Thank you
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Jummy2010:
Please oga emmachile I need ur help sir,what can I use to treat marek organically cos I have lost twenty 10 weeks broilers to the disease and still counting. Please sir your help is urgently needed. Thank you
How do you know it's marek?

1 Like

Re: ... by Jummy2010: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
They become paralyzed suddenly,withdraw from food n water and their eyes are always close as if they are sleeping..Their poo is greenish n milky in colour,die after few days of showing these symptoms.
Re: ... by Buddyplus: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please kindly advise me on what to do, I have 100 units of layer Chicken only 69% are laying eggs and they're already 6month old. Please what I do to get the remaining ones laying. Thanks
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
Buddyplus:
Please kindly advise me on what to do, I have 100 units of layer Chicken only 69% are laying eggs and they're already 6month old. Please what I do to get the remaining ones laying. Thanks

kindly let us be on d same page, ur layers are exactly 6months old or 6months into lay, I. e 12 months old?

Standing bye to hear from u
Re: ... by noblealuu: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2018
sammorad:

Today is 14th November, and Christmas week is approximately 5 weeks from today.

Your birds are already 5 weeks old as stated above. I am strongly feel you do not need a fattener, all you need to do is continues feeding(none stop) with light available 24-7.

Get a good multivitamin like nebro, bio vit-plus etc , good bio security ensure your litter is dry ( no coccidiosis) and administer ur lasota as at when due, lastly de-worm the birds at five - six weeks.

I can confidently assure you, that you will get a good result.

I will like us all to always bear in mind that the birds we raise are for human consumption, as such all practice must b to standard.

All the best

Thanks baba...
Re: ... by Fomaj: 7:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Jummy2010:
They become paralyzed suddenly,withdraw from food n water and their eyes are always close as if they are sleeping..Their poo is greenish n milky in colour,die after few days of showing these symptoms.
Have you tried opening any of the Carcass? Post the picture if you do, or you could send a msg via whatsapp... 08107300670. Thanks.
Re: ... by Fomaj: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
How do you know it's marek?
Good Morning Oga Emma
Re: ... by Jummy2010: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2018
Fomaj:

Have you tried opening any of the Carcass? Post the picture if you do, or you could send a msg via whatsapp... 08107300670. Thanks.

No I have not done that, will try to open one up today and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you sir
Re: ... by adisabarber(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Try Asbona although 2 days is not enough for a broiler to overcome rickets

Eliusdgenie:
Re: ... by Jummy2010: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fomaj:

This is the picture of the carcass sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.