Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? (25481 Views)

40k Teaching Job At Oke Afa In Isolo Lagos / Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by henrydadon(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
take bank job

atleast you are sure of constant air conditions to your system and your get to meet affluencial people

you don't have to shout at student to do anything.
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by sisisioge: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
Go for the bank Job...opportunity for you to meet people and expand yourself.

If you are looking for calm though...go for the teaching.

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by micfoley: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hmmmm.
I strongly advise you to take the teaching job. Then use your spare time to write professional exams

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
You are a woman, go for the teaching job. You may think the bank job is mouth watery but once you marry and get belle that is the end o. In the teaching job you will have time for your self and family and it is even more sustainable. Leave herculean task for men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by 0b10010011: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
michoim:
Seek the face of God and follow his leading on the one you should choose. Simply ask Him.

Which one be "face of God" in reality staring at you?

Have u seen God's face before?

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Icon4s(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
preshdiva:
Good day everyone, I am a 2016 Batch A stream 1 Corp member passing out on April 7th,2017 by the grace of God. I recently got two job offers, a contract bank job (marketing) for 52k per month with commissions based on your input or a teaching job of 40k.
Aside the banks meagre pay, I feel it'd add to my professional work experience more than the teaching job+ I'd get to meet people who might help me in securing better positions tomorrow but then the stress and time. I really don't know what to do.
#maturedresponsesplease#

From ur moniker, u are a female.

Chose the teaching job now and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by iDrawGallery(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
Take it to God in prayer!!

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
This one na question?

Bank job you ain't got no time for yourself.

In teaching job you have all the time. You close by 2-3pm beyond that time is extra pay.

Also you have one month leave every 3 months in teaching job during holidays.

Bank job for that amount is a bullshit.

4 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
Op d truth is you need to decide 4 urself. If u really need d money den u go 4 d bank job because 12k extra no be moi-moi. Buh if u need more free time 4 oda endeavors then u go 4 d teaching job. After all said and done it depends on d location of both places, ur passion n d time/stress involved.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Stevengerd(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
The Truth Be Told. Congrat Tho, Pls I Will Advise To Go For Teaching Job And Forget The Other. Tho The Banking Job, Is Enticing With Interest As A Marketer. If U Are A Virgin Be Ready To Lose It Inorder To Meet The Task Ur Team Wil Place B4 U In The Bank. Go For The Teaching Job, And Add More Knwledge To Ursef. #Peace

4 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Barrywilly(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
If you want a peace of mind, I will advise you to go for the teaching job

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by gabzzy: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
teaching is far better, u can think of other things to do after closing from school. set up a business

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
With a teaching job you can market yourself to parents during open/visiting days and make extra cash from tutoring students. The plus is that teaching is a more interesting job, and you might end up making far more than the bank could offer you. Imagine taking 10 students at 5k each after school (all together) as 'private lesson'.

4 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Dething: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Pls take the teaching jilob hehe and have rest of mind. All weekends, all public holidays, long term vacation, close before 4pm everyday! It's not easy to comeby. If you get married, you will have time to train your children the way you want, you will have time for them. You can even have time to go for msters or develop your career in any way you want it.

Please think we'll. Not all teachers are dull!

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by DJInfluence: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
There are some very valid points here supporting both profession. But for me it all comes down to security. Going to the bank to withdraw money is scary for me not to talk of working there 5 x a week. That is a very risky job. If a robber doesn´t kill you either intentionally or otherwise, you will be the first suspect after a robbery attack.

i will go for teaching especially if it is a good private school and like someone said, if you are good, you may not even have to touch your monthly salary because of teaching outside school hours. I know how much i pay for my kids just for after school lessons.

5 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by ChiefS(m): 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
I'm sure she is more confused now after reading through your comments
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by wale200: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Pls go for the bank job. Experience counts.... Teaching job is noble though.
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by AngelicBeing: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Keneking:
Ok,

What can a teaching job of 40,000 do for a woman?

- Makeup
- Make hair
- Buy sanitary items
- Offer tithe
- Pay rent
- Pay bills
- Feed
- Send money to parents

Especially now that recession is affecting the men undecided undecided undecided
You are a clown, buhahahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by piragirl(f): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
teaching job is better,what if you dont meet ur target in the bank they will sack you.unless you wan use body get client.everybody is banking somewhere already.think of the break period in teaching,u can use it for other things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by runsguy: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
preshdiva:
Good day everyone, I am a 2016 Batch A stream 1 Corp member passing out on April 7th,2017 by the grace of God. I recently got two job offers, a contract bank job (marketing) for 52k per month with commissions based on your input or a teaching job of 40k.
Aside the banks meagre pay, I feel it'd add to my professional work experience more than the teaching job+ I'd get to meet people who might help me in securing better positions tomorrow but then the stress and time. I really don't know what to do.
#maturedresponsesplease#

Babe Teaching job will give you peace and less stress but you will struggle financially. However, the bank job, though salary is really a disgrace for a bank, will give you better financial freedom through the people you are gonna meet on the job. But your pucy go suffer small sha because of dadies and apostles. But if you use your head well, u go get something out of it with minimum damage to your puccy just don't be greedy otherwise you go stresh that pucy too much in a bid to make a billions, you fit take small and establish your own business then leave the bank. Apart from that THE BANK WILL USE YOU AND STRESS YOU LIKE ITS A MILLION NAIRA JOB. If you were my gf I go dey worried with the bank job but will be comfortable with the teaching job. Abeg if u end up taking the bank job, de wise o, don't let them expand it to much for your future husband lol.

7 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by AngelicBeing: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
bkool7:
Go for bank job .

The reward for teachers is in heaven , remember
l disagree, teachers should be rewarded on earth because in Heaven there will be no reward but worship to the geometrician of the universe wink

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Tonason: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
Don't be a victim, many made the mistake. Your your six senses, go for the teaching job if you don't want regret next month, all that glitter are not Gold.

3 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
Plain and simple. There is no future for you with any bank that pays you around 50k as of today.
I say this as a banker. You can be on contract till your children leave high school. A teaching job with 40k to start with is good. I have a friend that taught science in a school like yours b4 but now he is doing fine in his career in telecoms. Don't be deceived by prestige of working in a bank when you may be stranded and only to regret that decision. If you must join a bank, don't accept contract employment or non-officer cadre.
preshdiva:
#maturedresponsesplease#

4 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Menzy86(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
I'll giv u an example with myself. I resigned my MTN customer care job in dec last yr to take up dis 'common' Npower teach scheme of d federal govt. I was earning 35k as an agent with 40 crazy unflexible and frustrating hours work (plus saturdays and sundays depending on schedule) sometimes. The Npower as we all know pays just 30 but in d last three months on my own, I have made almost 300k MINUS my Npower allowee because of d flexibility of the work. I will start my PHD in a few months and further ny career in PEACE! Summary: I will NEVER pick a bank job over teaching that pays as much as 40k already. I've thought b4 and believe me, u stay really sharp and focused as a teacher UNLESS u r a total slowpoke. Be wise my dear. God help u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by bobbito: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
You did not tell us what you studied in school. I would advice you go for the bank job, you work there for a few years and move on to another job/ career.
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by BeFancy: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
go for teaching job .
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by sweetrace(f): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
GreenMavro:
angry angry angry angry

Congrats on your Job offers....as regards the two offers on the table, I will like to ask if you studied a accounting/banking related course? although this is not compulsory to get a bank job, but it will go a long way in developing a career with prospect in the banking industry.
Also know that as a marketer in a bank you will be faced with the herculean task of meeting up with the unrealistic target given to you, this might cause you to have night mares especially if you have a troublesome boss. Its cool starting your job life in a well structured and organized place like a bank, but mind you the bank job is demanding and you will have little or no time to look out for better job unlike teaching. But i think you should go with the bank offer, banking will make you think smart and have opportunity to meet and interact with bright minds, but mind you, you are a contract staff and your name is written in pencil, it can be erased anytime without benefit or compensation.

Goodluck

Teaching actually makes one think smarter than any other profession. With today's kids, a good teacher has to be brilliant.

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Go for the teaching job while you look out for better offers. it is not only in the banking sector you meet people, even as a teacher you can be connected by parent of your student if you are impressive and your positive impact is felt. i have a friend who once worked as a teacher earning 20k per month got connected to FCMB directly without any stress....wise up and don't expose yourself to unnecessary stress at the early stage of your life.

1 Like

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by omolorlarh: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
This is a tough one.Read through the comments thoroughly,then you decide wisely.
All the best.
Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by fynex(m): 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
preshdiva:
#maturedresponsesplease#
If you need time I would suggest you go for the teaching job, you can organise after-school lessons and even make much more than what d bank and teaching job would pay you added together, if you're someone that wishes to further you'll have massive time to do that, if you so interested in the banking stuff you can get more professional certificates like ican etc while teaching, have a friend doing that,. ...the choice is yours, you've got many advice but the final say is on you, trust me you can get good connections as a teacher if you are good and passionate about it, the school has different parents from different works of life and children definitely talk, favours will sure come if you deserve it.. ..

2 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by felix000000(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Guy I will not deceive you is better you pick up that teaching job and forget about the banking job as contract staff, let me tell you the fact, I am a victim of contract staff presently in one of the banks, ever since then I have been trying to opt out no way, because of the economic situation we find our selves in this country, I have been working with the bank now for over 4yrs, no promotion no conversion the worse thing now is that, management of the bank made it known to all the contract staff that they should take off there mind from been converted to permanent staff that no such plan in their policy and almost all the banks now is not ready to convert there contract staff to permanent staff. If I have someone to sensitized me then like the way you having a lot of advice here it would have help me out. most of us as contract staff are complain everyday that we are tired of the job but we cant just opt out, it just as if we are trapped.

Digest this and thank me leter.

5 Likes

Re: 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? by AntiWailer: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
Go and teach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Statements That Can Destroy Your Job Search / 15 Jobs You Can Do From Home / NIMC April 2013 Interview At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.