Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

FRSC's Offences & Penalties List - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC's Offences & Penalties List (23086 Views)

38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties / A Glance At Nigerian Traffic Rules And Offences / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by maxiuc(m): 7:32am On Apr 06, 2017
For people wey no get car hav nothing to worry
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by lanrefront1(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2017
Is this list recant?

And do they use? I mean is it what obtains on the road when you commit any of this offences
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by alsudaes1(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2017
Gten:
I have applied for ordinary reissue of driver's license for the past 4 months and I am yet to be issued. Who penalizes them for gross incompetence? The annoying thing is they keep telling me it's not their fault. They have the nerve to have such a list, it also not our fault that we defaulted!
Experiencing same, i do wonder what causes the delay, it's as if they have to go to the farthest country from Nigeria to get it done

NIMC national id card is another one, i registered since 2013, no card yet in 2017 undecided undecided undecided perhaps by 2023 the card will be ready sad
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by Zenithpeak(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2017
oNj:
No. 7 though... Drivers license violation

The big question is: who issues the license (VIO, not FRSC) and who should enforce its violation (same VIO).
So why is Road safety dragging that job with the VIO?
IF the FRSC guys catch a defaulting driver, can they issue him a license?

I guess there should be proper job specification

I did the processing of my drivers license from frsc office while VIO only signed on a page that concerns them. I did the capturing and other activities and got the temporary drivers license from frsc and after some months, I received a call from frsc office to come for the original.

Moral of the story, VIO is a useless organization in Nigeria. FRSC does their job effectively.

1 Like

Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by DjAndroid: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2017
I saw "failure to report accident" with a fine of 20k. What of failure of FRSC to respond to a report of an accident?

Because it has happened to me than twice, they told me their vehicle was not good when they were called, yet they passed that accident scene with their vehicle and did not stop
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by dingbang(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2017
This is the most stupid list I have ever come across in my entire life.. They should start fining themselves and police vehicles.. Foolish people.. Mchew
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by ednut1(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2017
if i have 4 worn out tires na still 3k fine or 12k
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by BetaThings: 8:03am On Apr 06, 2017
oNj:

The big question is: who issues the license (VIO, not FRSC) and who should enforce its violation (same VIO).

They are not "dragging" the authority to issue

LASTMA, VIO, FRSC etc would like to know whether you are authorised to drive
To employ a driver you too would ask him to produce his driver's licence
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by BetaThings: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2017
DjAndroid:
I saw "failure to report accident" with a fine of 20k. What of failure of FRSC to respond to a report of an accident?

How will they prove that I did not report? What if I did not see it? Who do I report to? How?

DjAndroid:
Because it has happened to me than twice, they told me their vehicle was not good when they were called, yet they passed that accident scene with their vehicle and did not stop
Can you prove this
We all live like illiterates. We allow these guys get away with murder whereas they will impound our cars for cracked windscreen
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by lobiologs(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2017
What about driving with a cracked windscreen?
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by castrokins(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2017
Oga, You Go Know If Dem Know When Dem Catch You. No Worry!

pinnket:
Even the FRSC officials don't know all this. The CORRUPTING an official got me laughing.

Those guys will gladly take bribe and pray for you sef. Nigeria is a big joke, we are not ready yet for such things to take effect. How will this work when the FRSC itself lacks a standard database?
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by Mcreloaded(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2017
No 22 driving without or with shattered screen
Road safety officials as far as I am concerned are evil my vehicle was impounded with just 2 lines at the base of the wind shield or screen and every day I see lots and kits of vehicles worse than my own on the road even with come thing like cobweb screen on most vehicles yet my vehicle was impounded because of just 2 crack lines at the base the road safety can go to hell
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by cmart09(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2017
Nigeria is a failed State, hence I won't stop for no _fucker.........am ready to break _shit
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by tushbobo(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2017
MrImole:
What of if someone have sex in the car while on motion.

That's dangerous driving u know wink
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by khadaffi(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:
if road safety catch u for example for not wearing belt, come charge u 5000

.u come bring up this list say na 4000 na,Dem go just add fine of obstructing a Marshall but u know dem change am for u say u assault Marshall

you know go know wen u go start to beg to pay d original amount

The secret is, once dem hold you and you know say the price dem they talk pass the offence. Just dey beg, if they refuse, insist on following them to the office. Once they reach office dem no fit change anything.
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by teebell999(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2017
firstclassmumu:
Any useless fvcking bastard road safety that stand in my fvcking front,i will fvcking clear him
out of my way

First classmumu, you might end up in jail. Thread softly!
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by tonio2wo: 8:41am On Apr 06, 2017
U go see as our useless police go hijack this rules, use am milk motorists.
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by teebell999(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2017
oNj:

FRSC issues driver's license, stop saying what you don't know, and the OP is not obviously here to debate on who issues driver's license. The topic is to enlighten Nairalanders on the list and types of offenses of FRSC probably to take dressing on what we don't know.
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by mallam2016: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Very good information, imagine one frsc official stopped me for vehicle license violations and said my fine is 50000, although I gave him 500.
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by nsikakekoh: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2017
edlion57:
We driving on a bad road or potholes road how much will der pay us .... always collecting from the poor masses.. using our tax money for der private use
pack well...lol
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by babaireti(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2017
Good one
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by thecommunist(m): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2017
I can't find anything on expired tires. Only God know how many times I've been booked because of that.
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by edlion57(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
nsikakekoh:
pack well...lol
on top or beside
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by newspostng(m): 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
are you sure these are the real penalty fees
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by jakomee(m): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
those one in badagry road Lagos state are just their collecting #200 from commercial vehicles....chai nig frsc
Re: FRSC's Offences & Penalties List by dotedote: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good to know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos : Accident At Ijesha, Lagos / Introducing The 2017 Lamborghini Terzo Millennio (photos) / Is UNN The First Nigerian University To Produce An Electric Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.