Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Brand New Laptop Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Brand New Laptop Not Charging (3225 Views)

Laptop Not Displaying Battery Power Signal, Why? / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / USB Ports On HP Laptop Not Detected After WinXP Reinstallation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Laptop Not Charging by tokunbobo(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2009
Help, Computer gurus! I just bought a new laptop lastweek (Hp compaq 610). After the 3rd day, I noticed that when I plug the charger, the computer displays "Plugged in, not charging". It is only when I switch it off, and plug the charger, the charging light will show. Please what could be the problem and what can I do. Thanks!
Re: Brand New Laptop Not Charging by DoubleN(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
It is a general HP Problem as a result of their cheap parts and components. If you go to the site they will tell you to download the latest BIOS update for the problem to be resolved but it won't. The Problem happens when the laptop has been on for a lengthy period and generates a lot of heat.The best solution is to take out the battery and allow the Laptop to cool down or just place it above a cool surface so that air can pass through the air vents. How do i know this?I have 2 HP laptops at home and they suffer from exactly the same problem!
Re: Brand New Laptop Not Charging by deji2009(m): 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
tokunbobo:

Help, Computer gurus! I just bought a new laptop lastweek (Hp compaq 610). After the 3rd day, I noticed that when I plug the charger, the computer displays "Plugged in, not charging". It is only when I switch it off, and plug the charger, the charging light will show. Please what could be the problem and what can I do. Thanks!

Here's your diagnostics

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Brand New Laptop Not Charging by tokunbobo(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2009
Thanks guys but I haven't found any solution yet. The worst thing is that I noticed that even when I plug the charger thinking that it is charging (because of the charging light), if I on it after some time, the battery seems to be discharging. Please help because this laptop is a very branded new with all accessories. I'm even thinking I should return it to where I bought it. Or what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Listen To Bbc Hausa Service On My Samsung Galaxy Tablet / Pls Help! How Do I Upgrade My Android 2.1 To 4.0 At Least? / How To Use Etisalat BIS On Android,windows And PC...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.