Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! (40459 Views)

Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Why Is My Urine Odor Like Rotten Egg? / See Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
"When used on a long term basis, bleaching products containing hydroquinone can yield unfavorable side effects such as exogenous ochronosis. It is a condition that causes paradoxical grayish and bluish skin hyperpigmentation. Another complication of long term use of the same products may offend other people. A study in the International Society of Dermatology last 2008 discovered that the individuals on long time hydroquinone skin lightening therapy may suffer from what you call a “fish odor syndrome”. The smell resembling to a decayed fish is due to the discharge of a chemical called trimethylamine in the saliva, vaginal, sweat and urine secretions.
Other consumers reported severer side effects of using skin lightening products. Medical experts think that this is the case of using skin bleaching creams that contain strong chemicals other than hydroquinone. In South Africa and other African countries where the use of hydroquinone-containing creams were banned, researchers found out that those prohibited bleaching products also contain illegal chemicals such as glucocorticoids and mercury. Experts believed that these contaminants and not hydroquinone were the cause of the severe side effects.
Several skin bleaching creams that contain hydroquinone also have potent steroids added to their list of ingredients. Powerful steroids such as clobetasol propionate and betamethasone, although deemed very effective in lightening the skin, pose serious risks to its avid users. Diabetes mellitus and Cushing’s disease are just two of the many Endocrine conditions people using potent prescription strength topical steroids are at risk of having."

https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/skin-care/skin-care-faqs/are-skin-lightening-products-with-hydroquinone-safe.html

1 Like

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by farouk0403(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
I like fair girls but i dislike bleachers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by MicroIce(m): 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
You people should kwantinu, you hear??

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by lordm(m): 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
Have you all noticed that banks do not pay interest capilization again? Especially gtbank

7 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2017
I was wondering why my long time friend smelled so fishy. She never smelled this way during our youth. The STENCH is UNBEARABLE!! I thought she may have some disease. But she went for checkup and there was no issue. Someone told her it's from the bleaching. I was shocked because she has been bleaching for years. So I went to google and found the article. I want to warn other bleachers of what can happen. I cannot be around this friend for long due to the smell. Seun and Lalasticlala please tell these Ladies to be careful. sad

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by henrydadon(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2017
grin

rotten fish

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by kingzjay(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2017
UNTIL THEY ROB OFF THEIR SKIN..

WHO EVEN CARES? I'M BLACK AND PROUD!

8 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Tazdroid(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2017
Bleachers are liable to melt young

23 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 06, 2017
That's how they would bleach away their senses and look brighter than their future.
I don't consider fair girls any prettier than dark skinned ladies.
Bleachers are insecure and fake, worse than doing a breast augmentation

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Gten(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Just feel like strangling this Bobrisky guy. His picture is so offensive on every level.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by ANNOY(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Am afraid of bobrisky. How will his mom and dad feel seeing such an abomination. The cream washed away his senses. If you totally love your black color abeg like my post.

147 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by SuperBlack: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
I'm never a fan of that nonsense, i'm Black, and i'm proud of my skin Color,

Down here in Manchester everyone around me loves me the way i look.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by jashar(f): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
hmmm....
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Tazdroid(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Hmm

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Godprotectigbo5(f): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
help me spread this gospel to my ofonja sisters and brotherstongue tongue tongue

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by UJUKALA404: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
MMHH!
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Igboesika: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Your case is worst if you are not rich yet still bleach.. the kind of sun that would be hammering on your head would bring out more fish odour from your body unlike the rich ones that move around from one air conditioner to another like office ac, car ac and house ac. There is nothing like natural, it boost your confidence.

6 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by BarakOkenny(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
undecided
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Punctual(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Atlast i know its because of bleaching...most of the time i stay close to some ladies that are white they smell makes me feel i want to vomit

3 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by skarz: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2017
lol
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by mmsen: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Another reason to avoid bleachers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by 2shur: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Dem nor dey hear word.
Dia pekus stinks worse dan a dead dog.
I must be light bt all means 4getn say u deu naija.
U don be vampire.i dare u to walk under hot sun.
Una nor see wizkid.
Did he bleach no.
Rather he polished his skin.
Die bob risky..dead.
Mostly done by homos and biches wit low self esteem

6 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by princechurchill(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Rotten fish lwkm

3 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Tazdroid(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:
help me spread this gospel to my afonja sisters tongue tongue tongue
There.....get your blasting right
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by rheether(f): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Black isn't beautiful no more.
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Punctual(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Atlast i know its because of bleaching...most of the time i stay close to some ladies that are white in complexion grin,the way they smell makes me feel as if i want to vomit

5 Likes

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2017
*dies*
Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Haryoryhemie(f): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2017
wait first!!! wen these serial bleachers dies, will their creator still recognize​ them at d judgement table?

#Team fair and loving it
married to ebony#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bleachers Smell Like Rotten Fish! by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2017
lordm:
Have you all noticed that banks do not pay interest capilization again? Especially gtbank
Bros I notice am ooo. And I was here hoping to get interest from UBA, na so them send me normal month end balance and all that. Till now, I'm waiting for interest ooo.
These banks should help a broke arse nigga like me cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things To Know On Signs And Symptoms Of Endometriosis / My Ex-Girlfriend Just Contracted HIV / The 12-year-old Boy With Backward Facing Legs After Surgery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.