Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos (25586 Views)

FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / Ondo State Govt To Build Road Linking Araromi Beach To Ibeju Lekki / Akeredolu, Wife In Panic Mood, Appeal For Votes After Losing Ondo To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by juman(m): 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
The governor may be telling lie.

I remember when aregbe of osun said one time that osun agriculture would be proped up and supply one quarter of meat needed in lagos.

But it turned out to be just boasting and lie.
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Yahoo-Yahoo governor
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by stevecantrell: 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:
grin
Two and half years for 50 kilometers?
Wonderful
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by fkj950ax(m): 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
AZeD1:

1.6km per month.

Its over swampy areas.
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by fkj950ax(m): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
BetaThings:

I am trying hard to find the benefit of the project to the vast majority of Ondo State people
This is not going to be a federal road.
So I will construct a road for minority of my people and leave the majority out?

So building a bridge from the boundary area of Ondo State to Lagos is better than building roads to connect the other extreme end of the state?
Why must everyone even come to Lagos
Why can people not develop their internal economies to make them more self sufficient

Easy access to Lagos for farm and agric produce.
Araromi sea side is a holiday getaway. Would encourage patronage of the beaches there and bring in local tourist income to residents.

Ogun state is benefiting from Lagos over taxation and industries running to Sagamu axis. Maybe industries will run to ondo state also...

All these would put coins in the pocket of the residents in ondo state indirectly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by maclatunji: 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
BetaThings:

I am trying hard to find the benefit of the project to the vast majority of Ondo State people
This is not going to be a federal road.
So I will construct a road for minority of my people and leave the majority out?

So building a bridge from the boundary area of Ondo State to Lagos is better than building roads to connect the other extreme end of the state?
Why must everyone even come to Lagos
Why can people not develop their internal economies to make them more self sufficient

Bros. this project make sense die. Lagos to Ondo in 1 hour? It will create wealth in so many places. There is also a plan for a Lagos to Calabar coastal road.

These are the things that we should be talking about not the whole load of rubbish we are haggling about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by janefarms2015: 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:
grin

Two and half years for 50 kilometers?

Wonderful

Just my thought ooo! Hmm
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by VirginFinder: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
For the ignoramus, this is an NDDC project.

Finally, the Ondo man - minister of state for Niger Delta, has woken up.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
check it out

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
more

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
more.

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
more..

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
more,

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
more, ,

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
more. .,

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
more..,.

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by omohayek: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
Elxandre:

And do you know exactly what took off the light before making uninformed contributions?
The onus is on you to show Akeredolu is guilty of not doing something he had the power to do, not on me to disprove your ignorant and baseless accusations. Tell us what a governor can do about something on the FG's exclusive list, we're all ears!

Some people just like to cast blame for their personal frustrations on anyone close at hand, regardless of the real causes - which in any case they lack the knowledge and intelligence to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
and more

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
Here

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by doctorgold(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
igwebuike01:
ONDO has no boundary with Lagos, just saying

Yes it does. It's a coastal road and stretches along the bank of the Atlantic ocean. It's the same road that runs through the lekki free trade zone. You can check Google map or Google earth.

It would help Ondo state economically if completed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Princeemzzy(m): 9:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
Rhea:

The guy no fit. I challenge him. I will trek along that road naked if he can build it.
you can lie......unclad bawo?
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by DisGuy: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mapzone:
Yes the two and half might be the ideal duration of the project. First and foremost road are build during dry seasons so u guess; it is around a year plus dry days, secondly that area is a riverine area i guess more landfilling and bridges might be done to achieve the shortest distance, thirdly some time will be added due to unforseen circumstances during construction. Visit mapminingnigeria..com #engrmap

I've always wondered about this part of nigerian engineering

What happens in countries that dont have dry seasons.How do they build those massive almost flawless roads in record time...

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by INTEGRITYMAN: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
ajoskele:
I shook my head yesterday and nearly cried when I saw Arakunrin Akeredolu on television with Victor Ndoma-Egba.

I really do not know where to start my questions.

Does this mean Ogun no longer has boundaries with Lagos?
Does this mean Ondo and Lagos connect without Ogun?
Or they would construct the roads on water stylishly bypassing Ogun?
Is an MOU also a contract-awarding document?
If so, who got the contract?
How much is involved?
Who is financing the project? Only NDDC and Ondo gov't?
Is that the end to Olokola Free Trade Zone? A project if started and completed is far better and economical than Lekki FTZ?
I can go on and on.
Dr. Mimiko and his cohorts signed hundreds of MOU which all ended in the waste bin. what do you know about LFTZ
We won't be carried away this time around!
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by bahlow87(m): 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
The road will pass through ogun state territory......irokun,igbo edu area,ode omi......before lagos. Ogun state govt is suppose to be involved or federal...the road will serve as option because it will link lag to ondo state and develop the areas.
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by onyii255(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jabioro:
If you're to link that road from Ore, which means Okitipupa >igbokoda >mahin >Atijere >Makun >Iwopin coastal area before busting to Agoro Lekki.. Hmmmm very far.. the closest village is Atijere to Lagos through coastal region. from Atijere to J4 is about 31/2hours drive non stopping.. Abigi , Makun ,Iwopin and Co.. Alteo is trying to build her refinery.. Let us see how it goes..

U carry google map for head?? How u take sabi dis my hidden route?? Or are u frm ogun waterside lga??

Am presently in efire tho...
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by rafindo(m): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
smizel:
broz, diz iz a coastal terrain project. It might or might not pass tru ogun state.
.well not surprised the way Nigeria education is now been taught. A simple geography class will tell u that u can't enter Lagos from Nigeria without passing Ogun state. This statement of it might or not shows lack of ur understanding. Don't take it personal but I can repeat Ogun is locking Lagos from other state be it air, water or even spirit

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by rafindo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
Very soon they will tell me DAT bayelsa and akwa ibom share maritime border.absurdity is increasing daily on nairaland
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Elxandre(m): 1:11am On Apr 07, 2017
omohayek:

The onus is on you to show Akeredolu is guilty of not doing something he had the power to do, not on me to disprove your ignorant and baseless accusations. Tell us what a governor can do about something on the FG's exclusive list, we're all ears!

Some people just like to cast blame for their personal frustrations on anyone close at hand, regardless of the real causes - which in any case they lack the knowledge and intelligence to understand.
You are obviously ignorant of the situation surrounding the outage.

The same crap happened in Edo and Ekiti states, but the Governors stepped into the situation.
BEDC took off a whole region's power supply on the excuse of the whole region not paying enough of their bills.
Very senseless, considering that many houses don't owe electricity bills including ours.

They all used this to score cheap points during their campaign, with this particular Akeredolu making promises also.

Better to know what you're talking about before arguing Mr Eistein.

Here you are about to Wade into Akeredolu's defense when you most likely don't even live in Ondo state.
People like you take pleasure in deriding the efforts of others at trying to make society better for the common man.

If Fayose could intervene in his own case, what stops Ondo govt from acting?

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by popizaino(m): 1:22am On Apr 07, 2017
Isaac10:
Why can't he first focus on maintaining the bad roads within Ondo state, and try improving on infrastructure and basic health amenities. Constructing a road to join Lagos when there are already existing alternatives is a waste of resources. Grow your state before linking to others and courting the applause of the crowd
thank you my brother. I can bet you that the road from akure to owo down to akungba and oka akoko are such in a deplorable state since couple of years back.i think this his elephant project is more of a waste priority.
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by popizaino(m): 1:33am On Apr 07, 2017
Elxandre:

You are obviously ignorant of the situation surrounding the outage.

The same crap happened in Edo and Ekiti states, but the Governors stepped into the situation.
BEDC took off a whole region's power supply on the excuse of the whole region not paying enough of their bills.
Very senseless, considering that many houses don't owe electricity bills including ours.

They all used this to score cheap points during their campaign, with this particular Akeredolu making promises also.

Better to know what you're talking about before arguing Mr Eistein.

Here you are about to Wade into Akeredolu's defense when you most likely don't even live in Ondo state.
People like you take pleasure in deriding the efforts of others at trying to make society better for the common man.

If Fayose could intervene in his own case, what stops Ondo govt from acting?
I like you#nohomo
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Rhea(f): 2:56am On Apr 07, 2017
Princeemzzy:
you can lie......unclad bawo?

Let's revisit the thread when the guy leaves office. He builds the road, I trek the road unclad to commission it grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dogara: How Gov Abubakar Boarded Commercial Vehicle To Dass To Stop Speaker- PDP / How Okorocha’s 2023 Presidential Ambition Cost APC Imo Guber Seat / Naf Establishes New Base In Gombe, As Governor Yahaya Lauds Efforts Of Cas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.