Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos (25556 Views)

FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / Ondo State Govt To Build Road Linking Araromi Beach To Ibeju Lekki / Akeredolu, Wife In Panic Mood, Appeal For Votes After Losing Ondo To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Axsetup: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2017

The All Progressives Congress, APC, has lauded the initiative of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State to construct a 50-kilometre road to link coastal communities in the state with Lagos State.
According to a statement signed by Abayomi Adesanya, the state APC Publicity Secretary, on Thursday in Lagos, the party described the project as “laudable and remarkable’’.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mr. Akeredolu had on April 5 signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, to construct the road.
The road is expected to connect Araromi Seaside in Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State with Akodo in Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area of Lagos State.
The road is expected to be completed within two and half years.
Mr. Adesanya said, “This is laudable and remarkable, because in less than 100 days of the APC-led administration in the state, the governor has attracted such a monumental project to the state.
“The first and only MoU ever signed by NDDC with any state government within its mandate area (the Niger-Delta region).
“The people of Ilaje and the Niger-Delta areas of the state have rolled out drums to thank Akeredolu and NDDC for this laudable stride.”

He said that when completed the road would help to decongest the Benin-Ore-Lagos Expressway.
“Once this project is completed, the people can now travel to Lagos by road in less than an hour, as against the usual four to five hours being spent through other roads to Lagos,” he said.

Mr. Adesanya assured the people of the state that more of such laudable projects would be executed by the Akeredolu-led government in the state.
(NAN)

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/228099-apc-commends-akeredolu-plans-build-road-linking-ondo-lagos.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by admax(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
The road wouldn't pass through Oyo and Ogun State?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by hucienda: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
"Live in Ondo. Work in Lagos."

Leggo! I hope he actual delivers the project tho, and not the usual all talk, no action of many politicians.

Traffic load at Ore should reduce in the future upon its completion.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Mjacksson: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by oberichard(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
it's a welcomed development...nice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Aspireahead(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
if completed
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nwodosis(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
You mean his ancestral home?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
This is nice
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Adegbulugbe(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
To build?..or to construct

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Handsomebeing(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
I hope he keeps to his word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by izzou(m): 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
grin

Two and half years for 50 kilometers?

Wonderful

18 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Atiku2019: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
God Bless you cool

But
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by ajoskele(m): 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
I shook my head yesterday and nearly cried when I saw Arakunrin Akeredolu on television with Victor Ndoma-Egba.

I really do not know where to start my questions.

Does this mean Ogun no longer has boundaries with Lagos?
Does this mean Ondo and Lagos connect without Ogun?
Or they would construct the roads on water stylishly bypassing Ogun?
Is an MOU also a contract-awarding document?
If so, who got the contract?
How much is involved?
Who is financing the project? Only NDDC and Ondo gov't?
Is that the end to Olokola Free Trade Zone? A project if started and completed is far better and economical than Lekki FTZ?
I can go on and on.
Dr. Mimiko and his cohorts signed hundreds of MOU which all ended in the waste bin.
We won't be carried away this time around!

36 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
The bearded cat is working
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by madridguy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Na understanding we need jare tongue

Adegbulugbe:
To build?..or to construct

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by ajoskele(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
admax:
Leave Oyo out. Let's talk that Ogun.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by sarrki(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good one
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by igwebuike01: 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
ONDO has no boundary with Lagos, just saying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by DrObum(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
We don tire for "to" "launches" "promised to"!

Make it happen and then bring it to the news!

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by sexylado(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nice one but don't promise and fail mr governor
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Nellybank(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Please make sure u do the talk... Meanwhile, wehdon sir
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by AZeD1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:
grin

Wonderful

1.6km per month.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by datola: 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ondo straight to Lagos?
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Oladelson(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
hmmm,
idontgerrit
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by jgbemson1: 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
hummm I see ...hope it will work cos all this Politicians can deceived someone

I pray it works so that i can be going to my state like going to cms
Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Bants(m): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Looting continua....will that be a federal or state road lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by seunny4lif(m): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
admax:
Yes
No need for Oyo but it will pass thru Ogun state cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by tope777(m): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good initiative.
God bless the white beard Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by Rhea(f): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Axsetup:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/228099-apc-commends-akeredolu-plans-build-road-linking-ondo-lagos.html

The guy no fit. I challenge him. I will trek along that road naked if he can build it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by seunny4lif(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
cheesy grin
I wonder how many year will take our government to construct 200 Km cheesy
izzou:
grin

Wonderful

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos by maclatunji: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
admax:

Yes, Lagos and Ondo have a Maritime boundary.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Delta State PDP Campaign flag-off In Oghara Yesterday / Femi Adesina: ‘Okechukwu’ Buhari won’t abandon south-east / I’ll Be Your President – Atiku Sends Message To Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.