Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Help A Nairalander - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help A Nairalander (597 Views)

Please Help: A Dead Broiler With Bloody Anus In My Farm / Fellow Nairalanders Pls Help A Young Agropreneur / Please Help A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nairalander by MrUtech: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
I intend starting a poultry farm by August with my main focus being egg production. I have been reading articles about it and have decided to give it a try with 20 birds. I know the feeding aspect is a total money consuming factor. Am a student of Mechanical engineering who wants to own a mechanized farm and at such is looking for a means of obtaining capital. My first question is this, I will use the available space at our house for the housing. Will N50,000 be enough to achieve 70% success since we were taught uncertainty, I know inflation and deflation is a considerable factor in this. Secondly a friend of mine bought a plot land for one year at #3000, which also interests me. I have been hearing about cassava SME 419, please can someone lecture me on it. I'm residing in ABA.
Re: Help A Nairalander by Nicogen4us(f): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
MrUtech:
I intend starting a poultry farm by August with my main focus being egg production. I have been reading articles about it and have decided to give it a try with 20 birds. I know the feeding aspect is a total money consuming factor. Am a student of Mechanical engineering who wants to own a mechanized farm and at such is looking for a means of obtaining capital. My first question is this, I will use the available space at our house for the housing. Will N50,000 be enough to achieve 70% success since we were taught uncertainty, I know inflation and deflation is a considerable factor in this. Secondly a friend of mine bought a plot land for one year at #3000, which also interests me. I have been hearing about cassava SME 419, please can someone lecture me on it. I'm residing in ABA.

You do not specify the number of chick and duration of rearing with the amount of money mentioned. The cassava you mention is called TME419 or Vitamin A cassava or Natural yellow cassava. For any enquiries on both contact: Trinity farm and Co.Ltd Oyo. or check the face book page. Thanks
Re: Help A Nairalander by frisky2good(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
100 birds = 100k to point of lay but I don't know how that calculation will work for 20 birds. You can buy well vaccinated point of lay birds at 1300 Naira each if you plan to start with 20 birds. DO chicks are sold in boxes of 50 so you will have to get someone to share with if you insist on starting with DO chicks. Good luck

MrUtech:
Re: Help A Nairalander by Nicogen4us(f): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
frisky2good:
100 birds = 100k to point of lay but I don't know how that calculation will work for 20 birds. You can buy well vaccinated point of lay birds at 1300 Naira each if you plan to start with 20 birds. DO chicks are sold in boxes of 50 so you will have to get someone to share with if you insist on starting with DO chicks. Good luck

This your calculation is valid when price of things has not increased and it has changed for some times now
Re: Help A Nairalander by MrUtech: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
frisky2good:

By point of lay eggs, do you mean matured ones. About the vaccination, will it be done before purchase or after. I don't mind taking the 50 birds cos I still have space just that I will expand my pocket as well. Thirdly, is there any adverse effects of skipping their vaccination if the environment is neat and free from harm. Thank you
Re: Help A Nairalander by frisky2good(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
1. Point of lay means birds that are ready to start laying.
2. If you buy DO chicks, mareks vaccine will be given at the hatchery but please confirm from your supplier. You then have to administer each vaccine at the appropriate time (It's not so difficult though). If you want to buy point of lay,the birds would have had at least 2 shots of Gumboro vaccine, 2 shots of NDV Lasota vaccine, 1 shot of NDVK vaccine, coccidiostat, antibiotics and some other medications.
3. I have never taken that risk. Some people are going into organic farming but I don't have that courage yet.

MrUtech:

1. By point of lay eggs, do you mean matured ones.
2. About the vaccination, will it be done before purchase or after. I don't mind taking the 50 birds cos I still have space just that I will expand my pocket as well.
3. Thirdly, is there any adverse effects of skipping their vaccination if the environment is neat and free from harm. Thank you
Re: Help A Nairalander by MrUtech: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
frisky2good:
1. Point of lay means birds that are ready to start laying.
2. If you buy DO chicks, mareks vaccine will be given at the hatchery but please confirm from your supplier. You then have to administer each vaccine at the appropriate time (It's not so difficult though). If you want to buy point of lay,the birds would have had at least 2 shots of Gumboro vaccine, 2 shots of NDV Lasota vaccine, 1 shot of NDVK vaccine, coccidiostat, antibiotics and some other medications.
3. I have never taken that risk. Some people are going into organic farming but I don't have that courage yet.

Thanks, about the cassava, what makes TME 419 unique
Re: Help A Nairalander by frisky2good(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
I know nothing about cassava except that it is used to make garri grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1805869/why-cassava-farmers-should-choose

MrUtech:

Thanks, about the cassava, what makes TME 419 unique

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Join The Latest Agricultural Project / Poultry Farms For Sale In Jos / Buying And Selling Agricultural Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.