Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? (22903 Views)

Man Discloses His Salary As Chemistry, Physics, And Maths Teacher In Owerri / What Was Your First Salary Ever?? / Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by alaskido(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
Mine was N400.00 in 1988 after my service. But today based on Logistics I dey earn NX,Bleep,Bleep.XX
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by raskie01(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
30k before nysc (last year) ...Now m serving
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ezionye:
I thought d question is about " first salary". Y is every1 telling us their present salary? Some figures here sha undecided
Asin eh, some figures here just dey bust ma brain
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by confiritch(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
#7,000 from September, 2006 to December, 2007 as a casual staff in PHCN after NYSC. #25,200 as an Accountant of a Private Company in 2008. #75,000 as a Grade level 8 Staff of a Federal Government Agency in 2009. Presently, the salary including allowances is less than #200,000. Overall, faith in God, God's mercies and favours, perseverance, self-confidence, goal-setting and being focused are some of the fulcrum needed to move forward.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
truvine:

YES, currently you can be jobless but don't be hopeless.
And pls don't go near the lagoon.
Lol
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Olayetan:
Wow Ur salary rise pass garri ijebu o.
Lol
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Olayetan:
Wow Ur salary rise pass garri ijebu o.
Lol
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
eiknarf14:

Very true bro . . . My annual salary when I just got here (UK) was £12,000 after tax, It ddnt take me a lot of time to study the terrain and was quick to understand that Uni wasn't the way forward. I went on a professional IT course that lasted for just 3months and now I'm on £380 per day - Thats £91,200 annually.
Jisos c moni o
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by asuzor11(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
guest12345:
18k 2004 and i that was the salary i received till 2007. so happy then bcoz i was able to pay my sick mother hospital bills. she passed away 2006. mama continue to rest in peace.
It's well
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by eiknarf14(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
asuzor11:

Jisos c moni o

Trust me mine is still small oooo compared to some people I knw. My mentor is on £1200 per day and I know some other people on btw £500-800 daily.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Krucifax(m): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Can you please explain the bolded?

It's simple really. Growing up in Naij we believed that as soon as you have a degree you become a master of the universe and the big bucks start rolling in. Also we were of the impression it'll make the oyibos take us more seriously and afford us respect. Nothing could be further from the truth. Over here a Bus driver and a Lawyer can be earning the same salary. Over here some Bricklayers earn the same as some Accountants.
There are many different paths that take less time,cost less money and can earn you the same or more than others. If I tell you to become a Brick Layer you'll probably say God forbid.
What if I tell you that I know a couple of brick layers that started their own business contracting to construction firms earning £32,000 every two months. The same £32,000 I was earning a year with my prestigious shiny degree and my nice suit and tie!!
Naij culture programmes us towards prestige (Lawyer,Doctor,Accountant) which is all very well and good. But if money is what you are after, more times than often you are actually misinformed and are looking in the wrong direction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Krucifax(m): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilreese:

Oga, how can one find job in London. All this visa wahala is not smiling

My brother is not easy oooo. My own na luck of birth I be dual citizen and dem born me before cut of date when Margaret Thatcher change birth rules. As such I have Green and Red Passports.
My advice na to focus on Canada if you can manage the cold. They are actually welcoming people. .

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Datevilme: 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
eiknarf14:

Trust me mine is still small oooo compared to some people I knw. My mentor is on £1200 per day and I know some other people on btw £500-800 daily.

Please can you elaborate? What kinda IT skills/Job. I will like to be like you o.
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Krucifax(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Datevilme:

Please can you elaborate? What kinda IT skills/Job. I will like to be like you o.

It'll be nice to hear him elaborate. He's probably referring to a temporary contract IT role. That's where the big bucks are as far as the UK is concerned. However on IT Jobs Watch which has a list of ALL IT Jobs permanent and temp with corresponding pay the highest daily pay is £550 or N269,500 per day at current exchange rate. So maybe he knows something we don't or maybe he's referring to an IT "business owner" in that case they can easily make far more than a £1000 a day but not a worker either on PAYE or Limited.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by eiknarf14(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
Krucifax:

It'll be nice to hear him elaborate. He's probably referring to a temporary contract IT role. That's where the big bucks are as far as the UK is concerned. However on IT Jobs Watch which has a list of ALL IT Jobs permanent and temp with corresponding pay the highest daily pay is £550 or N269,500 per day at current exchange rate. So maybe he knows something we don't or maybe he's referring to an IT "business owner" in that case they can easily make far more than a £1000 a day but not a worker either on PAYE or Limited.

Yea most are contracted IT roles and if you are contracting as a senior Lead or manager u can earn within tht bandwidth I previously mentioned, especially if ur lucky to bag a role wiv an investment bank or any financial institution.
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Kaysalas(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
hucienda:

First post ever in ten years! shocked

Elder! I hail!
grin

grin grin grin
Una can monitor person life O! U try sha! Weldone

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by xakjustice(m): 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
15k as at 2015 Bt Nw N25,49.00 in a private coy slow growth though, Sha tins gotta make more sense soon inshaAllah!
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Dottore: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
youngsahito:
pls what biz are u into cos I want to be self employ?

Wow I want to be like u when I grow up
What do you do btw

what do you do?, and how do you do it?.

Please I want to hear your story. Am motivated

My brothers it isn't an easy journey neither is it a sugar coated tale. The major factors that got me this far are fear of poverty, determination to succeed and passion for excellence.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by tomiade1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
50k in a consulting firm after nysc 2010
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
Graduated 2014.
2015 no shi shi.
2016, February $500 (film scoring)
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by TrollTrap: 1:28am On Apr 11, 2017
eiknarf14:

Automation software test analyst

Pray tell, are there jobs out there for automation tester cos one time I tried to go into I got discouraged by some IT people I know who swore there aren't any jobs
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by xxgig(m): 3:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Respect55:
My own is that I dnt earn any salary at all even one year after service because I'm still jobless n hopeless
No matter what may be going on with you, never let the what "hopeless" be a part of you vocabulary. Look around you, there must be something you can do to earn money no matter how little it may be. My location to a great extend affected my earnings- from 3k to 7k then 10k, before youth service and now that i'm done with it, i'm moving to were it is all happening. If you are convinced that there's nothing you can do around you, then relocate or learn a new set of skills. WIsh you the Best Bro.
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by eiknarf14(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2017
TrollTrap:

Pray tell, are there jobs out there for automation tester cos one time I tried to go into I got discouraged by some IT people I know who swore there aren't any jobs

There are tons of job out there please don't let anyone discourage you bro.
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Respect55(m): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2017
xxgig:
No matter what may be going on with you, never let the what "hopeless" be a part of you vocabulary. Look around you, there must be something you can do to earn money no matter how little it may be. My location to a great extend affected my earnings- from 3k to 7k then 10k, before youth service and now that i'm done with it, i'm moving to were it is all happening. If you are convinced that there's nothing you can do around you, then relocate or learn a new set of skills. WIsh you the Best Bro.
Do u just relocate? U do so wen u hv sm1 to put up with. Not wen humanity has failed u
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by TrollTrap: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2017
eiknarf14:

There are tons of job out there please don't let anyone discourage you bro.

Thanks bro, my current job isn't working out I think I'll switch to IT even tho I haven't got much IT knowledge cry
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by eiknarf14(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2017
TrollTrap:

Thanks bro, my current job isn't working out I think I'll switch to IT even tho I haven't got much IT knowledge cry

Email me n I can help guide u through, I assume ur based in the UK right ?
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by TrollTrap: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2017
eiknarf14:

Email me n I can help guide u through, I assume ur based in the UK right ?
Yes, thanks a lot. Sent you a PM already
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by kachiz(m): 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
otijah2:
Na which kain lie b dis one dis morning

Lol! Hot ones from left, right and centre!
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by xxgig(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
Respect55:

Do u just relocate? U do so wen u hv sm1 to put up with. Not wen humanity has failed u
One thing i have always done is praying for friends and relatives, send them job links and talk to who ever i feel can help them wit jobs. Now God is doing it for them and for me, hence i would've had a place to move to. Not all hope is lost. Use the social media, network and build trust with people, and don't forget God. I'm sure you'll get someone to accomodate you soon.
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Respect55(m): 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
xxgig:
One thing i have always done is praying for friends and relatives, send them job links and talk to who ever i feel can help them wit jobs. Now God is doing it for them and for me, hence i would've had a place to move to. Not all hope is lost. Use the social media, network and build trust with people, and don't forget God. I'm sure you'll get someone to accomodate you soon.
My brother, u won't understand. Do u think I have folded my hands all des while? Nutin is just adding up. Do u think I dnt have ppl who kud have helped had it bn they wanted? I'm just left alone and I'm just loosing it
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by xxgig(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2017
Respect55:

My brother, u won't understand. Do u think I have folded my hands all des while? Nutin is just adding up. Do u think I dnt have ppl who kud have helped had it bn they wanted? I'm just left alone and I'm just loosing it
which is why i said you must not forget God, keep praying about it, you breakthrough will come soon. "The heart of Kings are in the Hands of GOD, He can turn them to what ever direction he pleases"
Re: How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? by Respect55(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2017
xxgig:
which is why i said you must not forget God, keep praying about it, you breakthrough will come soon. "The heart of Kings are in the Hands of GOD, He can turn them to what ever direction he pleases"
I'm evn trying to loose faith in Him too since it is obvious He dsnt care abt me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Ever Nigerian Police Women Inauguration In 1956 (Throwback Video) / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying / My Employer Is Threatening To Sack Me Because I Am Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.