Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) (7035 Views)

Data Recovery From Dead computer (with 2016 Tools) / Laptop Compaq CQ58 / Want To Sell My Laptop Compaq Cq61 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by SeunT2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
I deleted my recovery on my laptop without backing up and now i have a very big problems with my
flash port ( my flash port is not openining flash drive instead is asking the flash drive to be formatted) and
my CD rom is not reading CDs. Now am stuck their is no way i can get things into it or from it, except i use wireless and network
please help save my LAPTOP from untimely CRASH,
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by DualCore1: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sorry about this. In my humble opinion, if you have deleted your recovery partition, then you have altered the master boot record. I do not think getting a recovery image back on it will be of any use now.

I don't know what you'll want to do but I can tell you what I'll do if I had this kinda issue, you may get some better suggestions from other techs here.
I'll back up all necesary stuff and do a clean installation of the OS that it came with, using the serial number at the back of the laptop.
Once done, I'll go into device manager and try to get drivers for my primary devices, if the OS hasnt done that already.
I will face primary drivers first. For instance drivers for things like bluetooth or SD card, i dont see those as primary and I may never bother to find the drivers for them as I dont use those functionalities. Primary for me will mean my Display, Sound, Network adapters, and Modems. The OS is most likely going to drive things like your USB Controllers, your Optical drives, processors, keyboard, mouse and so on.

Few months back I took off the recovery partition of my dad's hp pav tx2000.
What I have said above are what I did. Some drivers aint working. For instance the laptop's lid is able to turn 360 degrees and lie on its back making the screen orientation change from landscape to portrait. Well I didn't bother getting the driver for that as i know he never turns the head of that thing. I didnt bother getting drivers for the finger print device on it either. If Vista didn't sort out the Touch Screen feature by itself I wont even had bothered.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
Seun-T:

I deleted my recovery on my laptop without backing up and now i have a very big problems with my
flash port ( my flash port is not openining flash drive instead is asking the flash drive to be formatted) and
my CD rom is not reading CDs. Now am stuck their is no way i can get things into it or from it, except i use wireless and network
please help save my LAPTOP from untimely CRASH,

Here's your diagnostics

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the Device Manager icon and then proceed to Step

In the System and Maintenance window, click on the Device Manager link near the bottom of the window.

You can now use Device Manager for whatever you needed it for - updating device drivers, viewing the system resources that a particular piece of hardware is using, etc.

Tips: first of all uninstall the cd/dvd drive by uninstalling click ok. do not tick delete driver software

Restart your laptop for changes to take effect and try reading disk. after that click start, computer then see if

you have cd/dvd drive on list then pop a software disk in such as norton or any equivalent and see if will read it.

if not then follow this simple fix microsoft fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

if you have compaq/HP Recovery disk pop it in restart your system and see if we read off it

if no joy restart the system press f1 or f10 then go to boot make sure cd/dvd drive is on top

is self explanatory you should be ok. regarding the usb stick you have to format
no other option no matter what you do you"ll keep getting same message

even if you try other computer still going to be the same. this is from experience.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by DualCore1: 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2009
Deji, nice suggestion you have given. It was blocked though by the spam preventing system. I'm not the mod here but let me see if i can ask for seun to unblock it now cuz it'll help the OP.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2009
Seun-T:

my CD rom is not reading CDs. Now am stuck their is no way i can get things into it or from it,  except i  use wireless and network
please help save my LAPTOP from untimely  CRASH,

Recovery issues

Not much you can do other than to do cd recovery/reinstall

check computer by clicking start and see cd/dvd is on the list

use google to find out how you can get to device manager

look for cd/dvd rom drive click right click uninstall click ok

and make sure you do not click on delete driver software

if no joy then follow this microsoft fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
Dual Core:

Deji, nice suggestion you have given. It was blocked though by the spam preventing system. I'm not the mod here but let me see if i can ask for seun to unblock it now cuz it'll help the OP.

Ok my brother
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Mobinga: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
shocked u r in deep shit
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2009
if my memory serves me right, theres a folder in your c drive - swsetup - there may also be another called drivers back these up b4 any formatting
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 12:06am On Dec 29, 2009
oyb:

if my memory serves me right, theres a folder in your c drive - swsetup - there may also be another called drivers back these up b4 any formatting

That 100% right on Compaq and HP series. if user is performing HD recovery

he or she will be prompted on Welcome to recovery manager and be ask to

choose advance option where drivers can be loaded also can backup data

if windows fails to load. Oyb I agree with you.

@poster good luck
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by DualCore1: 12:09am On Dec 29, 2009
Seriously i'm feeling this guy's situation. Hope he gets help from all these.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Phony200(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2009
Happened to me. I formatted last last. Hold on to your drivers!
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by mamagee3(f): 2:11am On Dec 29, 2009
This is serious. . . grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 29, 2009
actually, theres another option, though na agidi

you need an exteral hard disk case

the following items are easily removed from laptops

hard drive, ram,

u just need the right size screwdriver and lots of patience

buy a laptop hard drive case for a SATA drive in pc vilage
shld be btw 500 - 1k

if u arent comfortable with removing ur hdd, u can et someone else to do it

u need an iso of your os

as in a ad image of your os

you also need a copy of an emulator app - alcohol should do it

what u need to do is remove your hard drive install it i n the case, then connect to another pc and copy the windows iso and emulator app to some place on your drive.

note that you almost certainly have a virus so if the system you connect to isnt properly protected. . .

disconnect, remove from the case, reinstall the hard drive in your pc.

restart

install the emulator, mount the iso, and install as you normally would - i did somethin of this nature when installing windows 7 on my old toshiba

alternatively, you can try an external dvd drive and a windows cd
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by CarlosVent(m): 4:26am On Dec 29, 2009
guys pls help him out
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by vicishow(m): 5:03am On Dec 29, 2009
Sorry about that
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Mim4(m): 5:34am On Dec 29, 2009
Get it 2 d repairers.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by baekdoosan(m): 7:24am On Dec 29, 2009
I recommend buying or repairing your cd rom drive and then loading the recovery cd that came with the laptop and the driver installation cd as well.

Hope this helps.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2009
I could help u if you're in lagos. I'm at work and can't type much. send me an IM or something.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by gee2(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2009
hey bro, if u find it hard to go thru all these processes given by experts, i think u shuld go to da web site of ur pc maker u will surely get drivers there, simply download n run them, they ar always in setup instalshield n u dont av to crak so much, simply use google search n type pc name n model num 4lowd by drivers. wish u luck wif ur pc.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by olofofo(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2009
look for a big external drive and attempt to recover the deleted partition with many of the tools available on the web. personally i don't think the problem is as big as you think, try goggling the problem, you will be amazed at what you might find. also try lay your hands on HIRENS boot cs or window erd commander. thank me later
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2009
how is he supposed to use HIRENS boot cd when his cdrom drive isn't working
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Pharoh: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2009
Get a software program that can recover your deleted partition back.

sting_224:

how is he supposed to use HIRENS boot cd when his cdrom drive isn't working

He can always use an external cd drive
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2009
Maybe didn't read well, but I thought he said he has problems with his usb port. I like suggestions by "oyb" and "Deji2009"
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deliverus: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2009
First Recovery partitions are not visible from the explorer except you deleted using a disk partition tool or disk management. The issue you have has nothing to do with the lost recovery partition. The best workaround is

1. Go to safe mode and test if you still have the same problem. If problem exist, then depending on the systems manufacturer go to their website and update the relevant device drivers to fix the problem. It could be a bug  shocked.

2. You could do a system restore to the last known good state before this issue occurred. It is possible that the recent windows update could have caused a conflict. Quickest way to check this is to go to start--programs--accessories--system tools-click on system information. Expand Components, click on problem devices.

Hope I make sense here   
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by ochukoccna: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2009
Download an utility called RECUVA http://www.piriform.com/recuva ,install on a spare system, remove your laptop's drive, connect it as an external drive and scan your laptop's drive from the spare system to recover the partition. The deleted partition might still be in good shape so recover it unto the spare system and burn it. Also try copy it back on the laptop and see it it works the way it was before you deleted it. If not, back up all your remaining data , format the system and then use the recovered partition to restore it to how it was before.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deliverus: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2009
Good tool but I will still recommend he checks disk management to confirm that the recovery partition is actually deleted. wink
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
no reply yet to all the suggestions made so far?
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by ochukoccna: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
sting_224:

no reply yet to all the suggestions made so far?
[size=28pt]That's true O! Seun-T where U @ since? Abi this na bobo? If not, have U solved it? Let us know![/size]
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by olofofo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
try using system restore from the safe mode and yes!, let's have feedbacks with all these solutions that have been coming.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by MUNEER2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Guys, you've said it all
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Unlock MTN Hynetflex Router / SOLD....Mint HP 14 Notebook 4gb 500gb Core i3 / Hp Elitebook 840 G6 Corei7 8thgen Business Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.