Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) (7038 Views)

Data Recovery From Dead computer (with 2016 Tools) / Laptop Compaq CQ58 / Want To Sell My Laptop Compaq Cq61 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by mojojojo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
It seems that you have three separate issues here:

[1] Deleting your recovery partition should not cause all the other problems you have. The recovery partition only contains backup data that is used to recover your PC when there is a major problem.
[2] The problem with the USB is most probably caused by the flash drive being corrupted. This often happens when a read/write operation is in progress and the flash is removed abruptly without being removed safely.Try a different USB flash drive.
[3] The problem with your CD drive is most likely a driver issue. Reinstalling the driver will most likely fix it. Otherwise it is a hardware problem.

Do a system recovery as suggested in the forum.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by alanbolo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
With respect to others, thx 2 Deji and OYB for their inputs, If the problem is solve let us know. The best way to get the recovery partition back is through a mirror image of the same type of system, once a recovery partion have copied to a CD, it can be used in similar model numbers and all is needed is the OS serial number at the back.

@ Seun-T, provide feedback b4 we take this problem to another level.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
Poster for try reply. See as we just dey crack brain help solve the problem and no reply yet.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Wetin the guy dey click so tey im go delete the recovery disc sef? Anyhow sha, I hope he resolves the issue soon.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by asoderock(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Guys, I formated my HP Recovery D, because of the annoying constant reminder to back up since it was already filled.

Though I am not having problems yet with my laptop, I now worry that I will be helpless in the event of a crash.

Pls help. What should I do?
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by namski(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ibi like you equally deleted your brain join your computer, because if you did not you should not have posted this nonsense here.
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
asoderock:

Guys, I formated my HP Recovery D, because of the annoying constant reminder to back up since it was already filled.

Though I am not having problems yet with my laptop, I now worry that I will be helpless in the event of a crash.

Pls help. What should I do?

Just to illustrate and to make sure i got you right. enc is an image.

Step 1: Test the Hard Drive

Use the steps below to test the hard drive in a Notebook PC using the HP Hard Drive Self Test.

Plug the AC Adapter into the Notebook PC.

Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC.

Press and hold the F10 key while you press the Power button to turn on the PC. Release the F10 key after text is displayed on the screen of the PC.

After the BIOS Setup Utility is displayed, use the Right Arrow key to select the Tools menu.

Select Hard Drive Self Test

Press the Enter key to start the test

I still want to know why you would have formatted you D recovery.

seems you know what you were doing. to be honest i think people

that delete this sort thing knows what he or she is doing if not then

he or she wont have deleted this and by the way HP and compaq should

prompt you with a warning message before deleting. so why going ahead

since you know it may cause system instability. in practice customer that does this can spend between

£30-50 to get a set of recovery disk to reformat the system. anyway Good luck and thanks for enquiring

Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by asoderock(m): 12:17am On Dec 30, 2009
@Deji. I thought the HP Recovery D contain only back up files. Now I know better. There was this constant reminder to back up D, that is y I formated it, as I already have external back up of my files.

Anywhere tnks for the help. But before I try it out I want to know what it is supposed to accomplish. Will it restore the D?
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by asoderock(m): 12:22am On Dec 30, 2009
@DEji You will be surprised that there was no warning prompt b4 formating.
, Expecting ur answer for the earlier post
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by deji2009(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2009
asoderock:

@DEji  You will be surprised that there was no warning prompt b4 formating.
, Expecting your answer for the earlier post

That's strange. anyway check out my latest post

in preventing this happening again. though the

damage has been done. this may teach you something.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373315.0.html
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by asoderock(m): 1:43am On Dec 30, 2009
@Deji, I guess the info will not be of help in this case now. But the lessson has been learnt

I guess I have to rebuild my system in the event of fatal error or a crash.

Tnks so much
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by asoderock(m): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2009
when am I likely to face the consequences of this stupid ation. What should I do to minimize or avoid it?
Re: I Mistakenly Deleted My Recovery From My Laptop (compaq X14-39697 ) by typhoo: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
prevent it by creating emergency recovery discs, 2 system recovery disks, system image or back up your system folders to disk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 840 G6 Corei7 8thgen Business Laptop / AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? / How To Unlock MTN Hynetflex Router

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.