Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,186 members, 7,825,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (725567 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
cassyrooy:
Oya Big Man!
Keep the candle burning so that you can enter the citadel.
May God see you through, bro. Amen.
Amen sir Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dignityikhis(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
cassyrooy:
Kindly know that the ongoing strike will affect this year's post utme exercise, and also so, UI allow registration to run for 4-6weeks.

Start to prepare, Undergraduate Admission can not start anything except the Senate sits and okay anything, and that has not happened recently.
alritt, tenks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
hello everyone,am new here nd i salute every bosses in the house,pls i need the pratice question for math,phy ,chem ,eng email:emmannatte@gmail.com.i will really appreciate.thanks in advance.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by allowance: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
report reaching me now is that ui will not conduct post utme this year due to lack of preparation and limited time for admission process. this news is not official but from a reliable source.Candidate who wish to change back to ui should wait for the outcome of the Senate meeting thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dammy526: 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Pls,I need the practice questions for post ume @Mr.historian.my mail Sarahshittu526@yahoo.com.subject -phy,bio,chemandeng
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by SoSlimOlak(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kudos @The[color=#006600][/color]Historian I need the practice questions for UI post ume my mail
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
Phycists in d house help a broda pleease 1.A force of 20N applied parallel to the surface of horizontal table is just sufficient to make a block of mass 4kg set for motion.find the acceleration when the force is doubled. 2.A motor car moves with a velocity of 20m/s on a rough horizontal road and covers a displacement of 50m.Find the coefficient of dynamic friction between the type and the ground (g=10m/s). Anybody? Thanks in advance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2017
allowance:
report reaching me now is that ui will not conduct post utme this year due to lack of preparation and limited time for admission process. this news is not official but from a reliable source.Candidate who wish to change back to ui should wait for the outcome of the Senate meeting thanks

but the news I heard(from a sure source) is that ui will conduct p.utme

just that,candidates doing coc/coi must be prudent
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 12:53am On Aug 24, 2017
allowance:

I totally believe dis. Putme test may actually start next year.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by luvbro(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2017
ui is doing postutme 100%
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Fraih(f): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
augster:
Manage these ones for now. I'll upload the remaining later tonight. Just click the attached files
Can you kindly attach Physics and Biology pdfs.
Merci.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2017
bukdan:

I totally believe dis. Putme test may actually start next year.
keep on deceiving ur self.

CC: Oldfoolnigger. long time bro!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Phycists in d house help a broda pleease 1.A force of 20N applied parallel to the surface of horizontal table is just sufficient to make a block of mass 4kg set for motion.find the acceleration when the force is doubled. 2.A motor car moves with a velocity of 20m/s on a rough horizontal road and covers a displacement of 50m.Find the coefficient of dynamic friction between the type and the ground (g=10m/s). Anybody? Thanks in advance

1. Given: v=20m/s, s=50m

Coefficient of dynamic friction(M)=frictional force(Fr)/normal reaction(Fn)..

=ma/mg
=a/g

Recall from kinematics that
v²=u²+ 2as
Since u=0
a=v²/2s
a=20²/2(50)
=400/100
=4m/s²

Therefore
M=4/10
M=0.4

2.Frictional force, Fr= 20N (the horizontal force just sufficient to set the block in motion)
Applied force, F = 40N (when the initial force is doubled)
Net force/Accelerating force,
Fa =F - Fr= 40 - 20 = 20N
Mass, m = 4kg
Acceleration, a = ?
Recall that, net force, Fa = m*a
Therefore, 20 = 4a
a = 20/4
a = 5m/s².
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
CondomSir:

=ma/mg
=a/g

v²=u²+ 2as
Since u=0
a=v²/2s
a=20²/2(50)
=400/100
=4m/s²

Therefore
M=4/10
M=0.4

2.Frictional force, Fr= 20N (the horizontal force just sufficient to set the block in motion)
Mass, m = 4kg
Acceleration, a = ?
Therefore, 20 = 4a
a = 20/4
a = 5m/s².
thanks bro m very grateful
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=bukdan post=59768926]

I totally believe dis. Putme test may actually start next year.[/quoted]Are they not on strike?Second semester has not even started...Time constraints wouldn't be their complain if they chose not to conduct...Students will resume in Uniben by Oct for the new session, yet,they will conduct..So time shouldn't be the issue.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
thanks bro m very grateful

You are welcome sir. You can post more. Gurus in the thread will be willing to help.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
CondomSir:

=ma/mg
=a/g

v²=u²+ 2as
Since u=0
a=v²/2s
a=20²/2(50)
=400/100
=4m/s²

Therefore
M=4/10
M=0.4

Mass, m = 4kg
Acceleration, a = ?
Therefore, 20 = 4a
a = 20/4
a = 5m/s².
. I think u wil hv 2 hlp me wit dis too. Dah phy jst dey do me strong tin i dunno weda pressure is nt F/A again ni. A rectangular block 40cm*30cm*60cm of mass 10kg rests on a horizontal flat surface. What is the minimum pressure it can possibly exert on the surface?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
. I think u wil hv 2 hlp me wit dis too. Dah phy jst dey do me strong tin i dunno weda pressure is nt F/A again ni. A rectangular block 40cm*30cm*60cm of mass 10kg rests on a horizontal flat surface. What is the minimum pressure it can possibly exert on the surface?

For minimum pressure, we make use of the two longest surfaces

40cm and 60cm

40cm=0.4m and 60cm=0.6m

Area=0.4x0.6
=0.24m²

F=mg, (using g=9.8m/s²)

F=10x9.8

F=98N

Recall, pressure=FORCE/AREA

Pressure=98/0.24

Pressure=408.333N/m²
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
CondomSir:

For minimum pressure, we make use of the two longest surfaces

40cm and 60cm

40cm=0.4m and 60cm=0.6m

Area=0.4x0.6
=0.24m²

F=mg, (using g=9.8m/s²)

F=10x9.8

F=98N

Recall, pressure=FORCE/AREA

Pressure=98/0.24

Pressure=408.333N/m²

Hmmm IIIWWWE!!! thanks bro nd BTW whc phy txtbk ar u using cos me hv neva seen dis kind oo.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Hmmm IIIWWWE!!! thanks bro nd BTW whc phy txtbk ar u using cos me hv neva seen dis kind oo.

You can get Lamlad's physics plus the New school physics. Support it with jamb past questions.

You might still want to post more questions sir.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
On the Recently Announced cut off Marks of 120 for University Admission: our position in UI.

By - Sunday Saanu - Media Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan.

The Management of the University of Ibadan wishes to inform the public about the recently announced cut off marks of 120 for University Admission that UI will not lower her standards.

A statement from the Vice Chancellor's office indicates that the Nigeria's premier university still maintains her position in academic excellence and standards in order to continue to aspire towards becoming a world-class university.
It should worry us as patriots that candidates who scored just 30% in UTME can be admitted into some of our universities. Yet, we complain of poor quality of our graduates. You can hardly build something on nothing. The consolation here is that since JAMB started conducting this qualifying exam in 1978, UI has never admitted any candidate who scored less than 200 marks out of the maximum 400 marks.

This translates to a minimum of 50%. This remains our position as an institution aspiring to be world-class. Reality is that only about four other universities in the country have such high standard. To that extent, apart from being the oldest, we are an elite university in the country at least judging by the quality of our intakes.
In fairness to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, he repeatedly stressed at the Combined Policy Meeting held Tuesday, 22 August 2017 that the Senate of each university still has wide powers for admission in the spirit of autonomy. It is also gratifying to note that the Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, who chaired the meeting, apologized publicly for canceling Post UTME Screening last year.

In effect, universities are now allowed to conduct PostUTME test, using modalities approved by the Senate of each institution. To be fair to the incumbent Registrar of JAMB, he was not the Registrar when the policy somersault of cancelling POST UTME test was made last year. Prof Oloyede's appointment was effective 1 August 2016, while the Policy Meeting for that year had held some two months earlier.

As strongly canvassed by us at every opportunity, for UI, the need to admit the best admission seekers is the primary motivation for POST UTME test and not money, even though we do not pretend that you can run any university so properly called without funds.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
CondomSir:

You can get Lamlad's physics plus the New school physics. Support it with jamb past questions.

You might still want to post more questions sir.
Well, I'm actually using new school physics nd dt was y i was suprised at your explanation to that "pressure" question bt d prob is i dnt hv lamlad. I guess u got dt explanation 4rm lamlad ryt?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
cassyrooy:
On the Recently Announced cut off Marks of 120 for University Admission: our position in UI.

By - Sunday Saanu - Media Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan.

The Management of the University of Ibadan wishes to inform the public about the recently announced cut off marks of 120 for University Admission that UI will not lower her standards.

A statement from the Vice Chancellor's office indicates that the Nigeria's premier university still maintains her position in academic excellence and standards in order to continue to aspire towards becoming a world-class university.
It should worry us as patriots that candidates who scored just 30% in UTME can be admitted into some of our universities. Yet, we complain of poor quality of our graduates. You can hardly build something on nothing. The consolation here is that since JAMB started conducting this qualifying exam in 1978, UI has never admitted any candidate who scored less than 200 marks out of the maximum 400 marks.

This translates to a minimum of 50%. This remains our position as an institution aspiring to be world-class. Reality is that only about four other universities in the country have such high standard. To that extent, apart from being the oldest, we are an elite university in the country at least judging by the quality of our intakes.
In fairness to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, he repeatedly stressed at the Combined Policy Meeting held Tuesday, 22 August 2017 that the Senate of each university still has wide powers for admission in the spirit of autonomy. It is also gratifying to note that the Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, who chaired the meeting, apologized publicly for canceling Post UTME Screening last year.

In effect, universities are now allowed to conduct PostUTME test, using modalities approved by the Senate of each institution. To be fair to the incumbent Registrar of JAMB, he was not the Registrar when the policy somersault of cancelling POST UTME test was made last year. Prof Oloyede's appointment was effective 1 August 2016, while the Policy Meeting for that year had held some two months earlier.

As strongly canvassed by us at every opportunity, for UI, the need to admit the best admission seekers is the primary motivation for POST UTME test and not money, even though we do not pretend that you can run any university so properly called without funds.

Boss,is this news reliable?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by augster(m): 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
Fraih:

Can you kindly attach Physics and Biology pdfs.
Merci.
https://www.nairaland.com/3727820/university-ibadan-ui-2017-2018/118#59737077

Done that already ma'am
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Well, I'm actually using new school physics nd dt was y i was suprised at your explanation to that "pressure" question bt d prob is i dnt hv lamlad. I guess u got dt explanation 4rm lamlad ryt?

Yeah, Lamlad has a similar question.

A tank of dimensions 3mx2mx1.5m is filled with water of density 1000kg/m(cube) and sealed. Neglecting the weight of the tank, calculate the maximum pressure which the tank can maintain on the supporting surface.

Using P=hdg, the water exerts maximum pressure on the base when the longest side is placed vertically.

Also, if P=F/A, a container filled with liquid will exert minimum pressure on the surface when the container has a large area, and maximum pressure when the container has a small area.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by whalesz(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
2017/2018 Admission: UI, ASUU reject cut-off marks
2017/08/24 19:12:50thenewsnigeria

University of Ibadan

Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan

The management of the University of Ibadan, and its academic union, Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU have condemned and rejected the new cut-off marks for universities admission for 2017/2018 admission as set by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB.

The University’s position was contained in a statement titled, “On the Recently Announced cut off Marks of 120 for University Admission: our position in UI”, released from the Office of the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Abel Idowu Olayinka on Thursday.

The statement declared, “The Management of the University of Ibadan wishes to inform the public about the recently announced cut off marks of 120 for University Admission that UI will not lower her standards” , adding, “the Nigeria’s premier university still maintains her position in academic excellence and standards in order to continue to aspire towards becoming a world-class university”.

The statement reads, “It should worry us as patriots that candidates who scored just 30 percent in UTME can be admitted into some of our universities. Yet, we complain of poor quality of our graduates. You can hardly build something on nothing. The consolation here is that since JAMB started conducting this qualifying exam in 1978, UI has never admitted any candidate who scored less than 200 marks out of the maximum 400 marks.

“This translates to a minimum of 50 percent. This remains our position as an institution aspiring to be world -class. Reality is that only about four other universities in the country have such high standard. To that extent, apart from being the oldest, we are an elite university in the country at least judging by the quality of our intakes”.

The statement continued, “In fairness to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, he repeatedly stressed at the Combined Policy Meeting held Tuesday, 22 August 2017 that the Senate of each university still has wide powers for admission in the spirit of autonomy.

“ It is also gratifying to note that the Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, who chaired the meeting, apologised publicly for canceling Post UTME Screening last year. In effect, universities are now allowed to conduct Post UTME test, using modalities approved by the Senate of each institution.

“To be fair to the incumbent Registrar of JAMB, he was not the registrar when the policy somersault of cancelling POST UTME test was made last year. Prof Oloyede’s appointment was effective 1 August 2016, while the Policy Meeting for that year had held some two months earlier.

“As strongly canvassed by us at every opportunity, for UI, the need to admit the best admission seekers is the primary motivation for POST UTME test and not money, even though we do not pretend that you can run any university so properly called without funds.

Also, during an interview with some newsmen in Ibadan, ASUU Chairman, Dr. Deji Omole said that the development is bad for the nation’s education adding, “This is a sad policy decision for the future of Nigeria.

Omole accused the JAMB registrar of presiding over illegality said, “30 percent of those in higher institutions do not take JAMB or have less than the cut-off marks. The admission process is now automated with direct involvement of the registrar of JAMB for final approval. We have agreed to regularise admissions that were done under the table this year. From next year we will not accept anything like that”.

He said that rather than sanctioning the identified universities who admitted over 17,000 students illegally, the JAMB authority simply regularised illegality and lowered cut-off marks to favour the interests of the friends of government who owns private universities and are hell bent on destroying public education.

Omole called for the scrapping of JAMB for out-living its useful existence adding, “It is sad that the present administration’s dream was to destroy education in Nigeria. Where are those that the JAMB registrar said that are entered universities illegally? Which universities admitted them? If 30 percent did not take JAMB and found their way into the university system is that not corruption and a message that JAMB is not significant anymore?

.”What sanction did those who did the illegal thing receive other than regularisation of illegality? We are watching because long before now we have said that JAMB has outlived its usefulness. Let the universities set their unique standards and those who are qualified can come in. 120/400 is 30 percent. Even in those days 40 percent was graded as Pass. But now JAMB said with F9 which is scoring 30 percent you can be admitted. They deliberately want to destroy education.”

He concluded, “Even for polytechnic 100 marks is 25 percent. It is sad. And that is where we are in Nigeria. They want to destroy public education at all cost. This is not setting standard for education in Nigeria. It is purely lowering standards and digging grave for the future. This is why ASUU is currently on the struggle to influence the government to do the needful for education in Nigeria”.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
CondomSir:

A tank of dimensions 3mx2mx1.5m is filled with water of density 1000kg/m(cube) and sealed. Neglecting the weight of the tank, calculate the maximum pressure which the tank can maintain on the supporting surface.

Using P=hdg, the water exerts maximum pressure on the base when the longest side is placed vertically.

Also, if P=F/A, a container filled with liquid will exert minimum pressure on the surface when the container has a large area, and maximum pressure when the container has a small area.
Ok thank u sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fashmann(m): 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Ok thank u sir

You can go ahead to post more questions
bosses here will solve
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 1:55am On Aug 25, 2017

This last paragraph shows UI will definitely conduct post utme make I go dust my books hope rats never finish am.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 5:34am On Aug 25, 2017
CondomSir:

Ans=15000 newton per metre square m i ryt?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 25, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Ans=15000 newton per metre square m i ryt?

Not right.

3m is the longest side here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.