Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (725298 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2017
jliusadura:
Hello U.I applicants, it is no longer news that the University of Ibadan has confirmed that there will be a written POST-UTME exam for candidates seeking admissions into the institution this year. According to the university tradition, POST-JAMB exam results will form the basis for admission cut-off marks. The implication is that the higher your POST-JAMB score the higher your chance of admission. This means that as an applicant you must strategize and do your best not only to pass the POST-JAMB exam but to meet with minimum cut-off of your department. Now, how do you achieve high score in U.I POST-UTME exam? There are basically two ways: being hard-working and being smart. Hard-work mostly has to do with reading which is very good and can help you to pass. However, being smart can give you extra advantage over others and help you not only to pass but score above the cut-off point. Many people read and pass but few people meet up with their departmental cut-off; they therefore end up not being admitted or admitted to study courses they don't like. There are many ways to be smart and one of them is the use of U.I POST-JAMB past questions for your preparations. The use of GENUINE past questions helps you to have insight into the scope and nature of the questions and therefore serve as guide. The problem with past questions is that there are many fake past questions out there; using fake past questions can lead to a big set back because building good structure on faulting foundation is obviously counter-productive. This is one of the problems I'm here to help you solve.
Note that my office is located in U.I and I'm very familiar with the workings of the institution. We have ORIGINAL and GENUINE University of Ibadan POST-JAMB past questions in ALL SUBJECTS for your use. To get it is easy, all you need is a valid e-mail address and follow these simple procedures:
Send your email address and your four JAMB subjects to 08066688887 requesting for U.I post jamb past questions.
Those in Ibadan can contact me at Suite 72, Agbowo Shopping Complex, Opposite U.I
If you are outside Ibadan, no problem just send sms to the number I provided above and you can get your questions within few hours.
If you have any question concerning U.I POST-JAMB exercise, feel free to contact me. I wish you success in your quest to be admitted into Nigeria's number one university.

Good day Sir.

I sincerely appreciate you for your insightful narration about the structural composition of UI's PostUTME test and the well detailed admonition regarding how steadfast we should be in our preparation against the examination.

However,I think I have grouses to some portion of your post.You authoritatively claimed to be in possession of UI's PostUTME past questions which I "think" is partially misleading.In the recent Conduct of PostUTME,UI doesn't in any way release its PostUTME question to the public domain.

I remember vividly to have submitted my question paper alongside my answer sheet in year 2015 PostUTME despite my name and registration number boldly written on it.

So sir,If indeed you have the PostUTME past questions.I am sure and confident that they are of 6-7 years ago which I "think" might not be too useful for modern scrutinization reflex of the constant syllabus review.

Lastly,It would have caused no harm if you had described it as "Possible Questions" "Likely Questions" other than using the largely erroneous term "Practice Questions".

We have alot of naive admission seekers who might get swayed by your assertion.

Thank you. cool

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jliusadura(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2017
samuelizz:

Is the past question Free?
No, For all your four UTME subjects you are to pay N1000 ONLY
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lexxybooy(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2017
*NASU, SSANU, NAAT sets to embark on Nationwide strike as UI NASU holds congress*

https://unibadanolofofo..com.ng/2017/08/nasu-set-to-go-on-strike-as-ui-nasu.html

*U.I 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS: Download Original University of Ibadan Post-UTME practice test questions*

https://unibadanolofofo..com.ng/2017/08/download-real-university-of-ibadan-post.html

*A tale of the Frustrating ATM: At U.I admin/ Senate building*

https://unibadanolofofo..com.ng/2017/08/our-dear-atm-when-will-you-be-useful-to.html
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Rursh:
Hmmmm.... post UTME is finally here. I will drop "hits" about UI post UTME 2017 very soon.
Serious facts you guys need to know. No time for throwing tantrums.
Hope those in the whatsapp group are still sending their many massages. May they learn in time. word
#Rursh
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lexxybooy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
This post is very important for you all, read carefully and download for FREE University of Ibadan only available and legit Post UTME practice/past questions. And share with your co-aspirants too!

U.I 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS: Download Original University of Ibadan Post-UTME practice test questions

https://unibadanolofofo..com.ng/2017/08/download-real-university-of-ibadan-post.html
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
KingOvo:
Hey guys, so its going to be my first time writing UI's Post-utme. just want to know a few things. I'm just curious to know what the questions are like especially for art students (Government, Literature and CRS), time allowed and probably other things I should know but I'm oblivious of.
Thanks in advance.
Ps heard about practice questions, anybody know where I can get them?

Ajet..001 welcome back after your hiatus bro! cheesy
Btw where's hu..meeh? missing your humor here.
You hardly post here these days..

Actually,Arts generally have little problem as concerning UI's PostUTME as our questions practically devoids calculations or arithmetic.All we need to apply..is logic!

UI PostUTME will test you on your 4 UTME subject combinations,asking 25 questions from each,totalling 100.

The Questions are just a more technical, advanced and repackaged UTME.They are often not directly asked to avoid easy guessing of right answers by applicants.You must have a perfect mastery of what is been asked to choose a correct answer.

For Example...

In 2015,We were asked to pick out one REMOTE cause of Action Group crises in 1962.They listed 4 reasons;;; 3 are immediate 1 is REMOTE.

So,The 4 options are causes of AG crises,Yours is to identify the immediate reason.You see the technicality??..One has to be very careful while answering those questions.

About Literature...In 2015,We were tested on books that are not of the recent syllabus.They gave questions from Romeo and Juliet,Joys of Motherhood and some texts/poems I never had the privelege to study while in school.

I'd advise you wait for the Practice Questions to know the selected dramas/proses/poems that will be used for this year.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by pinnacletutors: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
☑Thinking of gaining admission into the University of Ibadan.........
☑Thinking of having a very high score in the University of Ibadan post-utme.....
☑Thinking of getting a good accommodation in the University of Ibadan & environs for post-utme preparation

Lectures is ongoing at pinnacle tutorial centre in the University of Ibadan for aspirants of the University of Ibadan.

Management of Pinnacle tutorial centre also provides accommodation for aspirants staying outside Ibadan, pending when postutme will be written.

For more information contact pinnacle tutors

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
KingOvo:
Hey guys, so its going to be my first time writing UI's Post-utme. just want to know a few things. I'm just curious to know what the questions are like especially for art students (Government, Literature and CRS), time allowed and probably other things I should know but I'm oblivious of.
Thanks in advance.
Ps heard about practice questions, anybody know where I can get them?

Ajet001 welcome back after your hiatus bro! cheesy
Btw where's humeeh? missing your humor here.
KingOvo!How have u been?

Humeeh is just here in her father's house trying so hard to go back to her dumped books ni jae
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jliusadura(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
TheHistorian:

Good day Sir.

I sincerely appreciate you for your insightful narration about the structural composition of UI's PostUTME test and the well detailed admonition regarding how steadfast we should be in our preparation against the examination.

However,I think I have grouses to some portion of your post.You authoritatively claimed to be in possession of UI's PostUTME past questions which I "think" is partially misleading.In the recent Conduct of PostUTME,UI doesn't in any way release its PostUTME question to the public domain.

I remember vividly to have submitted my question paper alongside my answer sheet in year 2015 PostUTME despite my name and registration number boldly written on it.

So sir,If indeed you have the PostUTME past questions.I am sure and confident that they are 6-7 years ago which I "think" might not be too useful for modern scrutinization reflex of the constant syllabus review.

Lastly,It would have caused no harm if you had described it as "Possible Questions" "Likely Questions" other than using the largely erroneous term "Practice Questions".

Thank you. cool
U.I did not release their past questions because they wanted to compile them and sell later to generate revenue. If they have released the questions then it would be in circulation and there won't be market for it as we have now. It was an economic decision and we now have the questions. In my post I indicated my address in U.I area and people in Ibadan are here buying so nothing is misleading and every question released by U.I itself. For those who might not believe, I wish them luck. I would have responded to you before now but I was busy attending to those who have made requests. Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Rursh:
No, why do you ask?
that post made me ask
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ajet001:

Trying our best brocheesy

How your side

Somehow jare

Even the books don't want to be read
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
jliusadura:
U.I did not release their past questions because they wanted to compile them and sell later to generate revenue. If they have released the questions then it would be in circulation and there won't be market for it as we have now. It was an economic decision and we now have the questions. In my post I indicated my address in U.I area and people in Ibadan are here buying so nothing is misleading and every question released by U.I itself. For those who might not believe, I wish them luck. I would have responded to you before now but I was busy attending to those who have made requests. Thanks

Sir.

I still maintain my position.There is no way UI will deliberately not release their Past Questions to generate income eventually.The same UI that made Change of Course to be free even when it's paid for in other institutions.

Assumimgly,UI defies its esteemed integrity and then went ahead to use the Past Questions in generating funds.Do you think you will be the only one to have access to it??..Your Shop isn't even located at the confines of the institution neither are you an accredited CyberCafé for the school.

How Come your Cyber Café only was dignified to help make money for UI?

Even if UI wants to make money from Past Questions...they will NEVER make it exclusive for Cyber Café rather they will transact directly with candidates and maximize total profit.

Sir,I know you want to make profit while doing your legitimate business.But then,You should not mischievously mislead the aspirants you are suppose to guide!!

You can only sell the PRACTICE QUESTIONS/POSSIBLE QUESTIONS and not the original PAST QUESTIONS

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ElderlyPerson(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello fellow U.I aspirants, i'm new on the thread though i've been following up the good work the likes of Ajet, TheHistorian, Mr.Augster and every indispensable member of the thread has been doing.. I commend u all.
Concerning the post utme of U.I, i would love to know whether the exam would come in form in written form or the computerized method would br adopted.
Secondly, i would love to know if the exams are to be taken according to your selected course of choice or every one would ve to take d exams according to the directive of the institution.
Lastly, i also want to get informed whether likely questions answers as forwarded by Ajet through a link, are strictly the answers the school had validated for those qsts when they were taken abt 2-3 years ago or it was just solved by some gurus who in turn stipulated that those solutions were d right answers to those questions....(this is due to the fqct that some of d answers were genuinely wrong.). Once again, I commend ur effort all.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
Pls house hv they opened d portal?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
ElderlyPerson:
Hello fellow U.I aspirants, i'm new on the thread though i've been following up the good work the likes of Ajet, The...Historian, Mr.A...ugster and every indispensable member of the thread has been doing.. I commend u all.
Concerning the post utme of U.I, i would love to know whether the exam would come in form in written form or the computerized method would br adopted.
Secondly, i would love to know if the exams are to be taken according to your selected course of choice or every one would ve to take d exams according to the directive of the institution.
Lastly, i also want to get informed whether likely questions answers as forwarded by Ajet through a link, are strictly the answers the school had validated for those qsts when they were taken abt 2-3 years ago or it was just solved by some gurus who in turn stipulated that those solutions were d right answers to those questions....(this is due to the fqct that some of d answers were genuinely wrong.). Once again, I commend ur effort all.

Good day Sir.

Thanks for the acknowledgement and commendation.

On your first enquiry...UI's PostUTME is traditionally Paper and Pencil and that has been sustained over the years.The most recent UI's PostUTME was in 2015 and it wasn't a computerized examination therefore it's safe to assume this year will not be an exemption.

I have said this again and again..UI will only test you on your 4 UTME subject combination regardless of your aspiring discipline.

Take for Instance...Candidate A,a political science aspirant sat for Maths,Govt,Econs and English in his UTME..He'll definitely be tested on those 4 subjects.

Candidate B,also a Political science aspirant sat for Govt,Lit,CRK and English in his UTME..He'll be tested on those 4 subjects too.

Your Department doesn't really matter.Your Subject Combination is the deal!

Lastly,The Practice Question/answers provided was uploaded by UI on each aspirant's portal in 2015 so the answers wasn't a product of some selected students.It was uploaded by UI itself.

Though the Questions/Answers are marred with different erroneous answers actually.That might be due to the negligence or incompetence of the admission officers.For this reason,I'll advise everyone not to totally depend on it.

So Sir,May we know your aspiring discipline?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Pls house hv they opened d portal?
Which portal?? grin grin grin grin grin

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ElderlyPerson(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
TheHistorian:

Good day Sir.

Thanks for the acknowledgement and commendation.

On your first enquiry...UI's PostUTME is traditionally Paper and Pencil and that has been sustained over the years.The most recent UI's PostUTME was in 2015 and it wasn't a computerized examination therefore it's safe to assume this year will not be an exemption.

I have said this again and again..UI will only test you on your 4 UTME subject combination regardless of your aspiring discipline.

Take for Instance...Candidate A,a political science aspirant sat for Maths,Govt,Econs and English in his UTME..He'll definitely be tested on those 4 subjects.

Candidate B,also a Political science aspirant sat for Govt,Lit,CRK and English in his UTME..He'll be tested on those 4 subjects too.

Your Department doesn't really matter.Your Subject Combination is the deal!

Lastly,The Practice Question/answers provided was uploaded by UI on each aspirant's portal in 2015 so the answers wasn't a product of some selected students.It was uploaded by UI itself.

Though the Questions/Answers are marred with different erroneous answer actually.That might be due to the negligence or incompetence of the admission officers.For this reason,I'll advise everyone not to totally depend on it.

So Sir,May we know your aspiring discipline?
Thanks for your self explanatory and competent answers.... I am an aspiring MBBS student.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
ElderlyPerson:

Thanks for your self explanatory and competent answers.... I am an aspiring MBBS student.
MBBS,Wow!..That's cool.

You have alot of potential course mates here.

Ajet001,Joan11 and some countless monikers I can't remember.

We hope to see you stick around more on the thread. wink wink

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bobola07:

Somehow jare
Even the books don't want to be read
Hahaha grin grin I can relate We have to force ourselves on it bro

May God help us

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sultan5(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
TheHistorian:

Good day Sir.

So sir,If indeed you have the PostUTME past questions.I am sure and confident that they are of 6-7 years ago which I "think" might not be too useful for modern scrutinization reflex of the constant syllabus review.

Thank you. cool

B4 the last post ume UI held they released downloadable past question to their candidates. So maybe he has those. I feel they will do the same this year too but with the limited time am not so sure.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
Good day everyone

TheHistorian I sight you bro
How has the preparations been.
It ain't easy over here gringrin

Mr Rursh Pls your help is needed, you are in a better position to coordinate and guide the aspirants of the college of medicine most especially MBBS and DENTISTRY
We're all anticipating your guidance bro
Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello house,I'm an aspiring linguistics student @ d prestigious U.I
I jst wanna know d departmental cut-off and requirements(materials) for the exam,hw to obtain the PUTME form and lastly i commend all those who've contributed to dis thread!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ajet001:
Good day everyone

TheHistorian I sight you bro
How has the preparations been.
It ain't easy over here gringrin

Mr Rursh Pls your help is needed, you are in a better position to coordinate and guide the aspirants of the college of medicine most especially MBBS and DENTISTRY
We're all anticipating your guidance bro
Thanks
Ajet baba, I greet you happily with all due sinscerity. Longest time, so glad you came back to the house (thread) you built after a quite long a time.
UI 2017 post UTME ain't going to be a "child's play". I implore every aspirant especially MBBS and BDS aspirants not to rest on their oars.
Reasonable, concise and short-structured questions are heartily welcomed. A whatsapp group likely to be created later mainly for MBBS and BDS appliants.
Wish ya all the very best.
#Rursh

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 29, 2017
Good Morning everyone,
Rursh please what type of alkanol are these; propane-1,2,3-triol and ethane-1,2-diol..?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 5:57am On Aug 29, 2017
chufor:
Good Morning everyone,
Rursh please what type of alkanol are these; propane-1,2,3-triol and ethane-1,2-diol..?
Propane-1,2,3-triol also known as glycerol (an intoxicating fatty acid) is a trihydric alkanol while ethane-1,2-diol also known as ethylene glycol is a dihydric alkanol.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 29, 2017
Rursh:
Ajet baba, I greet you happily with all due sinscerity. Longest time, so glad you came back to the house (thread) you built after a quite long a time.
UI 2017 post UTME ain't going to be a "child's play". I implore every aspirant especially MBBS and BDS aspirants not to rest on their oars.
Reasonable, concise and short-structured questions are heartily welcomed. A whatsapp group likely to be created later mainly for MBBS and BDS appliants.
Wish ya all the very best.
#Rursh
Okay sir
Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2017
TheHistorian:

You hardly post here these days..

Actually,Arts generally have little problem as concerning UI's PostUTME as our questions practically devoids calculations or arithmetic.All we need to apply..is logic!

UI PostUTME will test you on your 4 UTME subject combinations,asking 25 questions from each,totalling 100.

The Questions are just a more technical, advanced and repackaged UTME.They are often not directly asked to avoid easy guessing of right answers by applicants.You must have a perfect mastery of what is been asked to choose a correct answer.

For Example...

In 2015,We were asked to pick out one REMOTE cause of Action Group crises in 1962.They listed 4 reasons;;; 3 are immediate 1 is REMOTE.

So,The 4 options are causes of AG crises,Yours is to identify the immediate reason.You see the technicality??..One has to be very careful while answering those questions.

About Literature...In 2015,We were tested on books that are not of the recent syllabus.They gave questions from Romeo and Juliet,Joys of Motherhood and some texts/poems I never had the privelege to study while in school.

I'd advise you wait for the Practice Questions to know the selected dramas/proses/poems that will be used for this year.
Yes I'm just taking a backseat for the interim, I'd be back. cheesy cheesy
Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Hope you're doing alright btw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2017
humeeh:
KingOvo!How have u been?

Humeeh is just here in her father's house trying so hard to go back to her dumped books ni jae
been keeping up just fine.
you should get to it then, cos for me there's no UI without U in it cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2017
Ajet001:

Hahaha grin grin I can relate
We have to force ourselves on it bro

May God help us
Amen bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2017
Excuse me please. Is the login of biodata no longer holding?? Today is 29th already
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2017
Kudos @TheHistorian, your responses to enquires here have been very superb, detailed and well-structured.
Keep the good work going bro.
Greetings to every esteem members of this group..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2017
Good morning sir/ma. I want to have an idea of a typical engineering question. An aspiring engineering student. Should I consult d same materials I used for utme? I haven't written any UI's putme before. Help a brother pls.

Cc. MrHistorian
Cc. EngrBello

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.